Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Write Your Business Plan This Weekend With These Easy Steps! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Write Your Business Plan This Weekend With These Easy Steps! (495 Views)

Bcome A Millionaire Now With These Easy Homemade Foods And Drinks! Get In Here! / Tony Elumelu Spent His Weekend With His Daughters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Write Your Business Plan This Weekend With These Easy Steps! by rexoluj(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2016
Someone once wrote, A Goal without a Plan is just a Wish!

Being an entrepreneur in some ways is like being a student. You have to do your homework.

So this weekend, You should take out time to develop your ideas into a business plan, It is quite simple, you just need to start writing and you will realise the energy and passion that will arise while putting your plans on paper or a word document.

A business plan is a dynamic document and it serves some very distinct purposes; It gives YOU an opportunity to sell YOU on the business, then allows you to sell others on the business. These two actions avail you a better understanding of your idea, make necessary modifications during the planning process and boost your level of confidence which will ultimately improve your chances of success.

So you might ask,What's the next step? Well, I'll tell you.

Follow this outline below, develop your business plan over the weekend and get back to me so we can discuss funding and investment.

Table of contents –
Page numbers of each section.

Executive summary –
Write this section after the plan is completed. This should be a compelling summary of the plan and how it will work.

General company description –
A high-level description of the product, service, or organization and the unmet need it meets.

Products and services –
A detailed description of the product, service, or organization; how it works; manufacturing costs; and so on.

Marketing plan –
A detailed description of the current state of the market, including competition, your positioning, target audience and how customers will learn about your product, service or organization and the cost to get the word out.

Operational plan –
A detailed description of how you will run the day-to-day operations, including product costs, real estate, inventory levels, labor, credit and so on.

Management and organization –
A detailed description of the principals of the company, including bios, board of directors, advisory board, banker, attorney, insurance agent, mentors and so on.

Personal financial statement –
A personal financial statement for each partner in the business. This is important as business owners often provide capital to start up or support the business; investors want to see the financial standing of the principal individuals.

Start-up expenses and capitalization –
Accurate accounting of the expenses that are required to get the business started.

Financial plan –
A twelve-month profit and loss statement, three-year financial projection, projected cash flow, and opening day balance sheet.

Appendices –
Supporting information such as brochures and advertising, blueprints, leases, equipment, list of assets available, letters of recommendation, and any information that will help support your plan.

Once done, we can move onto the next phase which is how to connect with Partners, Equity contribution, Crowd-funding groups or Angel investors. How about that?

See you on the other side of the weekend, with your-idea-turned-into-a-businessplan.

Have a Business Planning Weekend!

#Smile

Credit: https://smilewebpage./

Re: Write Your Business Plan This Weekend With These Easy Steps! by Donexy16(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Nice one OP. I hope this makes it to FP
Re: Write Your Business Plan This Weekend With These Easy Steps! by Olayinka777(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2016
Good write-up bro. Pls I would like to have your contact. I sent u a pm.

(1) (Reply)

Why Cant I Own A Site That Earn Me Cash? / Sensible Path To Stronger Naira, Economic Prosperity / Do you know that Website Goals & objective Can Make Or Mar Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.