Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos (2445 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is a well accepted fact that Igbos are mostly hard working entrepreneurs and businessmen. Igbos run businesses and dominate the major markets in Lagos, counting from the Alaba International Market, Idumota, Balogun and Mandilas, Oshodi Market, Ladipo market and any other major market you can think of.
Contrary to the Yoruba's who are somewhat indolent and prefers working for people and getting paid, Igbos are risk taking traders who take the bull by the horn. This attribute however has paid the Igbos over the years as attested to by Oba Akiolu when he threatened to drown the Igbos in Lagoon.
He said "If any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked to be governor of Lagos state, the person is going to die inside this water. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it's not my father who gave birth to me.
For the Igbos in Lagos, when they were coming to the state, they didn’t come with all their houses. But now they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you can not do it here.
If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water...”
The above statement is centred on economic superiority. Did the Igbos stop the Yorubas from building their own houses and owning their own properties? Did the Igbos hinder the Yorubas from building their own businesses? Why would Oba Akiolu be offended by the economic success of the Igbos, to the extent of trying forceful intimidation and threat on Biafrans living in Lagos? However, with the intervention of ICC and other human right bodies, the drowning of Igbos by the deluded Oba of Lagos was prevented.

On that note they (the Lagos government and Leadership) resolved to cripple Igbos economically. So they started wedging an economic war against the Igbos. On Wednesday, January 6, the Lagos state government demolished the Owonifari Market at Oshodi which is over 99% Igbos, while the owners of the shops were still on Christmas holiday.
The market which has been in existence for more than 40 years was demolished in the early hours. It was learnt that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode was also present when the demolition began.

As though that is not enough damage to Igbos, A section of Ladipo Market in Odo-Aladura which is also 99% Igbos, Mushin area of Lagos State, was on Wednesday, March 9, invaded by armed thugs, who demolished over 2,000 shops and destroyed and carted away with goods worth millions of naira.
The area mostly affected is the Bakassi Zone, where one of the contenders to a portion of the market, the Owoyemi family, allegedly used touts to carry out the demolition. Eyewitness reports had it that thugs came in company of security personnel with an unmarked Black Maria around 3a.m. to demolish the market.

Who knows which market will be next or which other tactic they will employ in their economic war. This reflects the level of hatred and injustice in play in Nigeria and the reason why we need freedom.
For as long as Nigeria is one country, it can never move forward for there are more forces pulling it backward than forward. The immense potentials of the Igbos scares the Yorubas, only that can explain why they will leave the Hausas killing them in their home and think of another tribe to challenge because they feel inferior economically. Or maybe they are just cowards who can't defend themselves in their land.

Written by Ken Pat africanews. net/news/4578

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
The area mostly affected is the Bakassi Zone, where one of the contenders to a portion of the market, the Owoyemi family, allegedly used touts to carry out the demolition. Eyewitness reports had it that thugs came in company of security personnel with an unmarked Black Maria around 3a.m. to demolish the market

As though that is not enough damage to Igbos, A section of Ladipo Market in Odo-Aladura which is also 99% Igbos, Mushin area of Lagos State, was on Wednesday, March 9, invaded by armed thugs, who demolished over 2,000 shops and destroyed and carted away with goods worth millions of naira.

They have already started looting thy properties,,,
Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by missKiffy(f): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
This people are just pathetic lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Standing5(m): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Even if Govt provides steady power it will be against gen repaires and importer, so i don't expect the Lagos state govt take people like OP serious.

8 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Any igbo suffering in the sw and the North is a fool and his own enemy. What he's doing in Lagos others are doing in Aba and finding more success than him.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Firstinline(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thank God lagos is no longer a "no man's land".
Chestbeaters now know who owns and controls things in lagos.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by simpleseyi: 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
After voting en mass for Jimi Agbaje of PDP and GEJ in the last election, what else do you expect? You better start relocating to the East before he pack you all into LAWMA trucks and drop you at Upper Iweka at 2 a.m. like Fashola did.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Danfuster(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Tribal bigotry has eaten this one (OP) up. And to think you're somewhere in Lagos posting this sh!t

Ps: God bless the poster above me

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ipod kwontinue

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by seunny4lif(m): 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by PentiumPro(f): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
IPOB and paranoid. Everything is targeted against them

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by rhymaster: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmnn...these people again?? Must Ibos complain about everything? Everything is targeted at them? Are they the only people in Nigeria? What happens to the other 250+ peoples of Nigeria who are working tirelessly for this country and trying to make the country better, yet Nigerians don't seem to notice them and they don't complain? Today, my salute and respect goes to all these people and not only will I run out of space to list all of them but I cannot possibly list all because I don't even know all of them by name. Still big respect to them from the North, South, Wes and East!

Well, I won't say more but I hope these questions already tell every NL reader all that is to be known about these perpetual complainants about everything!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Olril18(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Demburrows:
It is a well accepted fact that Igbos are mostly hard working entrepreneurs and businessmen. Igbos run businesses and dominate the major markets in Lagos, counting from the Alaba International Market, Idumota, Balogun and Mandilas, Oshodi Market, Ladipo market and any other major market you can think of.
Contrary to the Yoruba's who are somewhat indolent and prefers working for people and getting paid, Igbos are risk taking traders who take the bull by the horn. This attribute however has paid the Igbos over the years as attested to by Oba Akiolu when he threatened to drown the Igbos in Lagoon.
He said "If any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked to be governor of Lagos state, the person is going to die inside this water. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it's not my father who gave birth to me.
For the Igbos in Lagos, when they were coming to the state, they didn’t come with all their houses. But now they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you can not do it here.
If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water...”
The above statement is centred on economic superiority. Did the Igbos stop the Yorubas from building their own houses and owning their own properties? Did the Igbos hinder the Yorubas from building their own businesses? Why would Oba Akiolu be offended by the economic success of the Igbos, to the extent of trying forceful intimidation and threat on Biafrans living in Lagos? However, with the intervention of ICC and other human right bodies, the drowning of Igbos by the deluded Oba of Lagos was prevented.

On that note they (the Lagos government and Leadership) resolved to cripple Igbos economically. So they started wedging an economic war against the Igbos. On Wednesday, January 6, the Lagos state government demolished the Owonifari Market at Oshodi which is over 99% Igbos, while the owners of the shops were still on Christmas holiday.
The market which has been in existence for more than 40 years was demolished in the early hours. It was learnt that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode was also present when the demolition began.

The area mostly affected is the Bakassi Zone, where one of the contenders to a portion of the market, the Owoyemi family, allegedly used touts to carry out the demolition. Eyewitness reports had it that thugs came in company of security personnel with an unmarked Black Maria around 3a.m. to demolish the market.

Who knows which market will be next or which other tactic they will employ in their economic war. This reflects the level of hatred and injustice in play in Nigeria and the reason why we need freedom.
For as long as Nigeria is one country, it can never move forward for there are more forces pulling it backward than forward. The immense potentials of the Igbos scares the Yorubas, only that can explain why they will leave the Hausas killing them in their home and think of another tribe to challenge because they feel inferior economically. Or maybe they are just cowards who can't defend themselves in their land.

Written by Ken Pat africanews. net/news/4578
you are a sadist,and you will die a sadist.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by tobex23(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
But why are you guys like this now? Should we not 'develop' lagos? In the post, the OP said it has been like that for 40years, isn't it time to develop that area, in 3years time now, people like you would be the one saying the govt. didn't touch mainland. You suck!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Ejanla07: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

what's funny is i recall you own a blog. I'll fully expose your tribalism to your readers so that they know not to endorse you if you don't mind yourself and speak like a business man. You wouldn't be the first.

Na him picture?

Dis one na hungry blogger. Go pick Jersey for akube dey form fine boi.

U kno since wen England stop to wear umbro?

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by allawizzow(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Y come Nairaland dey complain. Go Alaba go tell dem na or Idumota. Y always we? (victim mentality)

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 12, 2016
Question to mind is are all what the op listed out truth or false. You can't tell me it is not deliberate criminal act to send thugs at wee hours of the night to loot peoples livelihood with the guise of doing demolitions, it is wicked, insensitive on side of the govt over people which he governs and duly pay it's taxes.
But one thing you should have in mind, igbos are not just watching and folding its hands.
Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by mrmetoo1: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Contractions everywhere. Tinubu hates ibos, Fashola hates ibos, Oba Akiolu hates ibos, now Ambode hates ibos yet you come here and talk 99% in major markets in Lagos. If all these guys hated y'all, they won't even give you a chance to have that presence you just mentioned. We know how outsiders are treated in the east, we know how unwelcoming people there can be to any outsider presence. The fact that the government is serious about making Lagos sane should be applauded by all. The Oshodi shops they demolished, were they not a nuisance, were they not an eyesore? The day I made the mistake of going to Ladipo with my driver because I didn't want him to cheat me, I almost died. Open defecation everywhere, dirty disgusting market. One of the traders actually told me the market looks good now that it was worse before it was shut down. If you guys don't want government breaking down your shops, how about creating an environment that the government will be happy about. If mostly Ibo dominated markets were clean and beautiful and organized, it'll be a different story. I support the government in demolishing areas that violate the plans of Lagos, unhygienic, disorganized markets that are a pain to other inhabitants of Lagos and I don't care where the people in those kind of markets come from

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by omoelesa(m): 9:00am On Mar 12, 2016
Sharap,ibos that ibo this,and none of them could make the forbe list with their enterprising nature.Because u are mostly traders u think u are better than others.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by Ismahill(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2016
If i carry u go banana my guy...u go love lagos si oooooooo...i no hear oshodi 4 dt song jst because of how dirty traders in oshodi made it

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by MightySparrow: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2016
to you.

The Igbo excesses are still protected. by a united Nigeria. I pray you get your Biafra soon. I wonder how you will now fare in another country than your own. The treatments you are getting now are mere prelude to what awaits you after cessation.
Long live Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by onomeasike: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
@Demburrows is a Confirmed useless and meddlesome cursed soul/man living in Port Harcourt with Igbo blood

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Economic War Against Igbos by malton: 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
Any igbo suffering in the sw and the North is a fool and his own enemy. What he's doing in Lagos others are doing in Aba and finding more success than him.

Lol. You don't make every decision by gut feeling and emotions without first weighing up evidence. I reside in the SE and have been to many places within the region. I've seen expensive houses, quite alluring edifices and all. One thing most those places have in common is that a majority of the owners are domiciled outside of the SE.

Now, would they have been as successful had they stay back in the SE like you propose?

The SE is better today because they dared to venture out and invest the proceeds back home. It would have been one big slum had they not, if you asked me. Cos really, there's barely enough of anything here that could have made so many people as rich.

Learn to see the positives sometimes.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers / The World May Have Found A Sincere African Leader In PMB (picture) / A Nigerian Corrects A Tweet By President Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.