Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) (2381 Views)

Do You Want Evidence Buhari Is Planning Ruga Settlement See Evidence- Reno Omokr / No Evidence Buhari Is In Charge- PDP / Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Crocky23: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Several high-profile figures in Nigeria, including an ex-minister, have claimed President Buhari has died and been replaced by a Sudanese lookalike in posts shared over 500,000 times. But @AFPFactCheck has found no evidence to back the claim

https://twitter.com/AFPAfrica/status/1068463290672656384?s=19

Several high-profile figures in Nigeria, including a former government minister, have claimed President Muhammadu Buhari has died and has been replaced by a lookalike. Social media posts repeating claims that the leader of Africa's most populous nation is an imposter called "Jubril" have been shared and viewed over 500,000 times. But there is no evidence to back up the claim and the government has not commented.
The earliest mention of the claim found by AFP was in a video posted by Twitter user @sam_ezeh, re-posted on September 3, 2017. The video has been shared more than 5,000 times on Facebook and Twitter.

“The man you are looking at in the television is not Buhari… His name is Jubril, he’s from Sudan. After extensive surgery they brought him back,” he says.

In separate broadcasts on his station, Radio Biafra, Kanu has repeated the claim and called the lookalike “Jubril Al-Sudani”.

On each occasion, Kanu gave no evidence for the claim.

The rumour appears to have been fuelled further by a real-life event in May this year, when a Nigerian diplomat -- Habibu Almu -- was found dead in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum.

A spokesman for Nigeria’s foreign ministry, Tope Adeleye Elias-Fatile, said in a statement on May 14 2018 that Almu had been “stabbed to death” and that a Sudanese woman of Nigerian origin had been arrested.

Sudanese police said the killing did not appear to be politically motivated but the death has fuelled claims online of a link to the apparent cover-up of Buhari’s “death” and “Jubril”.

Numerous press releases and statements by IPOB have repeated the comments made by Nnamdi Kanu.

Ethnically prejudiced comments concerning Buhari -- a northern ethnic Fulani Muslim -- are commonly made by IPOB members and supporters on social media.

Pro-Biafran protests increased after Kanu was arrested in October 2015 and charged with treason.

That has increased tensions in southeast Nigeria and military operations in the region, nearly half a century after a previous unilateral declaration of an independent Republic of Biafra sparked a 30-month civil war that left more than one million dead.

On a Twitter account opened on October 29 2018, called @mazinnamdikanu and purporting to represent Kanu, several posts have questioned Buhari’s identity, claiming to show evidence that it has changed.

https://factcheck.afp.com/theres-no-evidence-nigerias-president-muhammadu-buhari-has-died-and-been-replaced-lookalike

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by dukie25: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
“If APC provokes me again I will tell the whole world what we were cooking that got the house burnt”- Gov. Amosun.

“If I say what I know about APC Nigerians will burn down AsoRock within 24 hours”- Gov. Okorocha

Are they saying they know Buhari more than Nigerians?

12 Likes

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Luckianti(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buhari should just remove his cap and address a press conference instead of running from pillar to post

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Crocky23: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
How Jubril al Sudani was able to fool some people is the greatest trick of the 21st century.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by odogwubiafra: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
Solution, let the chief occupant of Aso villa address Nigerians through a media chart, then we can take it from there period.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by KanwuliaExtra: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Can’t he speak for himself?

For ONCE! cheesy

Even when OBAMA was challenged about his birth certificate, he responded to CLEAR ALL DOUBT!

If there is doubt, CLEAR IT!
Nothing is impossible in the 419, global-capital called NIGERIA!!!!!!!! shocked

Where a snake can swallow millions of Naira in a JAMB off and RATS can chase a WHOLE so-called president out of his “villa”! cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by velocity25(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
the man in question should address Nigerians and world at large

4 Likes

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by MrAJQ(m): 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
IPOB are clan of insane people.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Afamed: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

For ONCE! cheesy

Even when OBAMA was challenged about his birth certificate, he responded to CLEAR ALL DOUBT!

Where a snake can swallow millions of Naira in a JAMB off and RATS can chase a WHOLE so-called president out of his “villa”! cheesy
Secessionists are propagandists
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
Luckianti:
Buhari should just remove his cap and address a press conference instead of running from pillar to post
So the speech he made at the UN annual meeting recently can't be used to check abi?

I'm not supporting Buhari but there are some things that shouldn't be done just because u don't like someone.

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
odogwubiafra:
Solution, let the chief occupant of Aso villa address Nigerians through a media chart, then we can take it from there period.
I thought Buhari made a speech at the just concluded UN annual meeting?
How about that is used to check if it is Buhari or not?

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by SmartMindsFx: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by StOla: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
It's a tale and propaganda for fools.
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by StOla: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

For ONCE! cheesy

Obama responded at the time that suited and pleased him. He did not even care to know what was being said about his birth while he campaigned, and waited till 2010 before he finally released his birth certificate.

And many who belonged to the birther conspiracy still did not believe.

You can never please one who is determined to be ignorant.
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Luckianti:
if he makes a public address now u guys will say he the video was pre-recorded..
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by adadike(f): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
My problem is that they buried a whole c in c like fowl. No proper burial, no gun salute, no national mourning? a whole president of the federal republic of d most populous black nation? uwa di kwa egwu o. Buhari, if it is true you are dead, may your soul ( though it's not gentle) rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by orisa37: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
The man chop the winch, which evidence are you asking for again? This one na clever Soldier-Malam.
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by odogwubiafra: 5:22am On Dec 01, 2018
kingkakaone:

I thought Buhari made a speech at the just concluded UN annual meeting?
How about that is used to check if it is Buhari or not?

Buhari is/was a Nigerian and we should know him better than a cosmopolitan UN audience.
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by Stalwert: 5:51am On Dec 01, 2018
ipob piggies and idiotus are being acknowledged as being the largest association of moronns grin grin grin
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by IbrahimDamola: 6:00am On Dec 01, 2018
Stalwert:
ipob piggies and idiotus are being acknowledged as being the largest association of moronns grin grin grin

E pain your muslim buharideen skull. grin
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:10am On Dec 01, 2018
Hahahahahahhaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like play like play, these jubril case is getting international attention . Soon , they will send secret detectives down here to investigate him .

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by naijacentric(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2018
There is nothing hidden under the sun the truth would soon be out
Re: No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) by luvmijeje(f): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2018
My mum broke this news to me yesterday and immediately I told her this news originated from an Igbo person. It takes someone with extreme hatred to concoct this kind of story.

And when I google it, I wasn't surprise. Let's assume that wasn't Buhari. How was he able to micmic Buhari's voice? His posture? The wrinkles? The slowness when reading? The regal bearing? the eye tintness? bring out that bored feeling in me that only Buhari can? His dentintion?

This rumor is spreading like fire and they better crush it like the fire it is.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Air Vs Ibom Air / Dino Melaye: Sadly the 2 People Shot At My Polling Unit Has Just Died / The First Woman ADC To A Governor In The History Of This Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.