Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. (36721 Views)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by dmexy33: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2016
kaziblake:
*yimu* I don hear
Lol see this one, u think say na scopes or toasting... I'm sure u r one of those kind of girls from low class background.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by kaziblake(f): 12:36am On Mar 13, 2016
dmexy33:

Lol see this one, u think say na scopes or toasting...
I'm sure u r one of those kind of girls from low class background.
I didn't insult you but you are insulting me.

Yes I'm from a low class background,my mama made sure we all went to school with her little earning.
She never stole for once and I never gave my body to men for money.
I'm proud of my background because when I go out I know where I'm coming from.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by dmexy33: 12:41am On Mar 13, 2016
kaziblake:
I didn't insult you but you are insulting me.

Yes I'm from a low class background,my mama made sure we all went to school with her little earning.
She never stole for once and I never gave my body to men for money.
I'm proud of my background because when I go out I know where I'm coming from.
Thank you.

pls I'm sorry...
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Gkemz: 12:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Wish i could find a Nigerian lady with all these attributes as listed because not all Nigerian ladies possesses all these qualities. If you doubt me try gold diggers. They'll dry u up and turn ur life to misery and finally abandon you for a richer dude.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by kaziblake(f): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2016
dmexy33:

pls I'm sorry...
No problem.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by tosyne2much(m): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2016
banmee:

As far as i can tell from your list, there is no reasons to marry a Nigerian woman. Every culture has all these attributes you have listed. Heck, as a man, i know for a fact that i can cook better than most Nigerian women. Being homely is not a reason also. It is just another way of saying you want a housemaid. Nigerian women being beautiful and smart is also not another reason. Have you ever been to Sudan or Ethiopia? I have. If you ever decide to visit those two countries, you will revisit your opinion that Nigerian women are beautiful. All these attributes are attributes you can find anywhere in the world.
Bro, can one travel to Ethiopia by road?
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by tosyne2much(m): 12:53am On Mar 13, 2016
I wish I could marry a Nigerian lady just that I have already made up my mind that I prefer a foreign lady to Nigerian lady

*nobody should quote me*

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 13, 2016
jayhumble:
I'm Nigerian and I ve dated a foreigner during my UNI days.. Damn Nigerian girls... I gave up on naija girls long ago. They keep multiple guys just to play gamble on which one falls mugu for marriage. 90% of naija girls wants a ready made man. This is the last time I'm commenting on naija girls issues cuz these girls lacks exposure... They need to step it up! Foreign girls don't care about money like our own girls... Foreigners deal with their feelings... If they like u they like u be that and if they don't like u, there's nothing u can entice them with they still don't care.... Naija girls will date a monkey with big Tommy just Cuz of money... My ex GF would tell any dude who toasts her straight up that she's in a relationship and can't cheat... Even whenever I sneak peep her phones and social media... I see how she rejects guys cuz she can't date two peeps at once... I'm sure u don't want to check ur average naija GF social media and phone for the fear of heart attack.

It wasn't like this during the days of our mothers and grandmothers... Obviously there was alot of decencies back then hence why u see our parents marriage lasting forever... But the breed of naija girls these days is a disaster... Indecency and crazy shits

Naija girls are out of it when it comes to emotional decency... They (most of them) re too reliant on men... It's bleeped up... To me they re more of liability than supporters... Sorry if I sound ranting.... It's just complicated out here and u guys needs to quit this naija girls issues... We all know that exposed Nigerians don't wanna have anything to do with a typical naija girls (except some foreign born and raised naija girls cuz those ones have different orientations compare to the local ones at home) PERIOD

Wow. I feel ur pain bro. However, a female friend of mine, living in Enugu, has rejected romantic offers from married men.
Twice in the space of a few months, she has ranted on Facebook about the shameless married guys that toast her, while wearing their wedding rings grin

The whole issue of girls being dependent on men is a symptom of our culture. Our various cultures (Yoruba, Igbo etc) promote a belief system that puts down any man who can't provide 90-100% of the needs of his woman.
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by banmee(m): 1:05am On Mar 13, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, can one travel to Ethiopia by road?

I would think so but I wouldn't advice it though.
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by fearlesschicken: 2:20am On Mar 13, 2016
theEYe21:
African and foreign cultures are soo different. African have that religious and tribalistic mentality while foreigner are very open minded and not religious. They very much believe in equality of men, women, gay, transgender, atheism. When you have kids with a white woman or man, you dare not lay your hands on that child and the child has every right to believe whatever he/she wants to believe Or be gay. If the foreigner is a smoker or a drinker the do it in front of their kid and they don't see what's wrong with it because they are very open minded.

This is where you get it wrong! we have many foreigners who are as bigoted as Nigerians over there and are very close minded we have the case of Trump,Ted cruz, Ben Carson etc this are the presidential candidates and they aren't as open minded has you claim since they are foreigners.

The white people ain't perfect, no body is perfect! The idea that the whites or foreigners are better is just a huge illusion. let's not forget that culture,expected norms over in the West and here are wide apart. Comparing us both is very silly and illogical.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by tosyne2much(m): 2:26am On Mar 13, 2016
banmee:

I would think so but I wouldn't advice it though.
and what's the flight duration from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by lekwas: 2:29am On Mar 13, 2016
Most of these clowns shouting 'team foreign' whatever end up at '29' and marrying '69' year old women.
Please 'team foreign' everything, how have you groomed yourself for marriage?
Do men not also need grooming to be good husbands and great fathers?
You guys have not shared your motivation for running after foreign girls.
Young men, better work hard and live up to your responsibilities as human beings instead of hiding behind a finger.
If I hear say, you see foreign girl marry with this warped mentality.
Ask those wey Don waka the journey
Ndi akwo n'azu

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by bezimo(m): 2:59am On Mar 13, 2016
kaziblake:
Stop generalizing!!
I know many nigerian girls that haven't ask a guy for a dime.

Which "many"!!! They are not many, very few 9ja girls in that bracket.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by banmee(m): 3:32am On Mar 13, 2016
tosyne2much:
and what's the flight duration from Nigeria?

I didn't go from Nigeria. But according to google it's about 2300 miles between Nigeria and Ethiopia. This is about half of the distance from Nigeria to the U.S. Which means it is about 4hr long depending on which airport you fly in and out of.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by JayJustus(m): 3:46am On Mar 13, 2016
culinary prowess hahahahahahaa...lol...not because I'm a culinary student but without my training I'm way lot better than Nigerian girls lol...I know how many of em always wait till I go home to cook for em...they can't cook lol...sorry...the top chefs in Nigeria are guys...except a few...you said beautiful?? dem try but they too fat...lol..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by excellentmomma(f): 4:11am On Mar 13, 2016
dmexy33:

the ratio of men to women is 1:7.
for every one man there are7 women!

imagine if we go for foreign women who go marrying una lol #wastage

Ghana girls are even preferable to Nigeria women no need to go foreign.

Your sisters inclusive lolzz

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Afroconnect: 4:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Dyt:

Really
I bet you haven't ever heard the present Nigerian wives are the ones keeping the home running
Most of you men have become so lazy and relaxing

Big fat lie...most Naija ladies are too lazy,even to carry out their basic function of cooking,washing and cleaning be like big job for them-too much telemundo and movies they rather watch.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Afroconnect: 5:03am On Mar 13, 2016
sukkot:
oh so she is part nigerian ? i stand corrected. how about anna nicole smith ?

This one na LovePeddler na,you no see her face...this one no be normal lady oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by justmenoni: 5:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Foreign women can cheat for the world,what am I saying self; they won't see it as cheating but as a norm I mean they will tell you right away that they need another Di** or pus** and you dare not say no.

If you're a Nigerian man definitely you'll hav friend's and fam who will visit u(even if u live in pluto grin) this might not go well with most foreign women and they'll tell you str8 that those ppl are not welcome into ur home even though her fam or friends can visit every seconds.

Oga chk very well most of our brother's are usually marrying the so called foreign people cos of the benefits which is PAPER and cos they know the value of our Nigerian women,they'll still go back and marry a Nigerian woman back home if na lie ask most of our eastern brother's or most of our Nigerian men in Europe.

Well I'm married to a foreign woman from Jupiter grin

Greene66:
A foreign woman can cook. Even if she can't, I can hire a cook and she will learn. Man shall not live by bread alone.

Nigeria women are not homely they see it as by force to get married so they are not groomed. Besides a foreign woman is also homely. undecided

A foreign woman does not suffer in silence like Nigerian women. If you mess up as a man she drops your ass. So if you want her around don't mess up. Be a good man you are supposed to be. That's no excuse.

A nigerian woman is not hardworking. 60% Nigerian women are jobless. A nigeria woman only want to reap and not sow. Foreign women are hard working

You can count the beautiful Nigeria women but cannot count the beautiful and intelligent foreign women with phds and mscs. ..

Thank you
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by deebrain(m): 5:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Wonderful thread and first page material.

The only problem is that the typical nigerian women out there are few.
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Tellemall: 6:13am On Mar 13, 2016
banmee:

Yes every country has unexposed people. Only problem is, it is more pronounced in Africa and Nigeria in particular.

No. Really. If you've lived outside, as you say, you'll realize that Nigerians are not all that unexposed the way you'd be surprised with people in first world countries.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 13, 2016
prisiluv:
Lol...Nothing wrong with marrying a foreign girl...But,There is no logical reason for this unhealthy and unnecessary comparism...Two different set of women from different culture,background,civilisation and history...The Good,Bad and Terrible exists in every corner of the earth,within every culture and civilisation! So,wherever you find a good woman,who's exactly all you've dreamt of, love and marry!...
Rooting For The Home Team tho smiley wink grin

Very well said.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by HaneefahAde(f): 6:44am On Mar 13, 2016
dmexy33:

the ratio of men to women is 1:7.
for every one man there are7 women!

imagine if we go for foreign women who go marrying una lol #wastage

Ghana girls are even preferable to Nigeria women no need to go foreign.

I wonder where men get all these bullshit statistics, check the men to women ratio in Nigeria and even in the World and you'll see it's almost balanced there are even places where men are more than women.

Who go marry who? I'm trying so hard not to place a curse on you if you ever ask a Nigerian girl out or contemplate marrying one henceforth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 13, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
RUBBISH THE SAME NIGERIA LADIES THAT START THINKING OF MARRIAGE AT THE AGE OF SIXTEEN JUST BECAUS THEY NEED A MAGA THAT WILL BUY IPHONE 4 THEM, WHILE THE EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN LADIES STARTED WORKING AT THE AGE OF 13 AND BOUGHT IPHONE FOR THEMSELFS B4 THEY CLOCK 15, SO OP TELL ME WHATS THE GROOMING FOR MARRIAGE AND HARDWORKING IN NIGERIA LADIES? THE SAME NIGERIA LADIES THAT COOKS POISON MAKING GUYS TO HAVE BIG BELLY AND DIABATES WHILE THE WHITE LADIES FOLLOWS A WELL PLACED FOOD CALENDER BY A NURTITIONIST.

Foreign women (in the West) were not brought up to believe that they are inferior to men and that they were born to be a man's helper so let our brothers date them and then ask them - the foreigners - to be submissive like they expect Nigerian ladies to. grin grin grin
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by HaneefahAde(f): 6:49am On Mar 13, 2016
undecided kiss undecided undecided undecided
Afroconnect:

Big fat lie...most Naija ladies are too lazy,even to carry out their basic function of cooking,washing and cleaning be like big job for them-too much telemundo and movies they rather watch.
Speak for your sisters

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by HaneefahAde(f): 6:55am On Mar 13, 2016
tosyne2much:
I wish I could marry a Nigerian lady just that I have already made up my mind that I prefer a foreign lady to Nigerian lady

*nobody should quote me*

Who cares undecided? But the thunder wey go fire you if you ask any Nigerian lady out henceforth is doing press up.

* I'm Haneefah not a nobody.
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Bakare19: 7:13am On Mar 13, 2016
HaneefahAde:

Who cares undecided? But the thunder wey go fire you if you ask any Nigerian lady out henceforth is doing press up.

* I'm Haneefah not a nobody.
hahaha... na fight. Don't worry, I see the disposition of men here as mere posturing. They are and will still go after Nigerian women all the way.
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Blade21: 7:18am On Mar 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA2:

And divorce keeps happening every hour because the men had later realised they made the greatest mistake of their lives harbouring a nigerian woman as a wife.

Or what better reason do you have to justify the current and rampant cases of divorce?
divorce rate is on the increase all over de world and beside Nigerian ladies are now more open minded not taking all the thrash our men used to put them thru
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Laveda:
See ídiots screaming team foreign girls err'where.
em pain am tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Blade21: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2016
adconline:

Naija woman is more likely to be vicious and vindictive at divorce proceedings than a foreign woman.. Divorced Naija woman is more spiteful than a foreign woman because she's used to it and has better conflict resolution skills than a Naija woman who has been raised to believe that the easiest to accumulate wealth is Thru marriage.
lies lies lies
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Blade21: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA2:

Not me and you, its only you. Why dont you tell me other reason(s) why divorce is now rampant?
I will tell you before now our women used to take all sorts of thrash from our men no matter what a man does he's king but now dr stopped de realised that you can still get divorced and remarry so that's y people divorce more now y stay in an unhappy marriage when you can move on
Re: 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. by Blade21: 7:29am On Mar 13, 2016
Afroconnect:

Am afraid Nigerian women have lost that quality of patience and being able to share and manage when times gets tough. If small hard ship show face,dem go start to dey look outside. Ladies these days are too loose and carried away by materialism. They are loosing the quality of being home-makers and being faithful,loyal wives. Qualities our moms had.
men stopped appreciating loyal women you see a woman hustle with a man he gets money and realises she's not good enough people learn from people experience most young ladies have seen how their mothers suffered despite all her loyalty and you expect the lady to be like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"7 Truths About Marriage You Will Not Be Told" / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway by Twaci(2019 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.