Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! (6159 Views)

Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? / You Still Think That Islam Is The Problem?! / 'Islam Has Psychologically Damaged Me' -- Depression Of A Teenage Ex-muslimah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
"Good things from Islam " in Nigeria

Monday February 20, 2006
NIGERIA: CARTOON PROTEST VIOLENCE SPREADS TO NIGERIA
Rage in two northern cities leaves 31 churches burnt, 51 Christians killed.
February 20 (compass) – Church leaders said Catholic priest Matthew Gajere and 50 other Christians were killed on Saturday (February 18) when Muslim extremists enraged by caricatures of the prophet Muhammad published in Europe burned 31 churches in Maiduguri, Borno state, and in Katsina, the capital of the state of the same name. The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria (CSN) said the Rev. Fr. Gajere of St. Rita’s Catholic Church in Maiduguri was murdered and burned in his apartment. The CSN also confirmed that Muslim rioters torched the residence of the bishop of Maiduguri diocese. Police said only 17 persons were killed in the attacks. Christian leaders, however, insisted that Muslim extremists killed 51 believers.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
NIGERIA: SIX PASTORS KILLED, 40 CHURCHES RAZED IN JOS VIOLENCE
As smoke clears, mayhem ignited by Muslim attacks leaves 25,000 people displaced.

JOS, Nigeria, December 11 (Compass Direct News) – The murderous rioting sparked by Muslim attacks on Christians and their property on Nov. 28-29 left six pastors dead, at least 500 other people killed and 40 churches destroyed, according to church leaders. More than 25,000 persons have been displaced in the two days of violence, according to the National Emergency Management Agency. What began as outrage over suspected vote fraud in local elections quickly hit the religious fault line that quakes from time to time in this city located between the Islamic north and Christian south, as angry Muslims took aim at Christian sites rather than at political targets. Police and troops reportedly killed about 400 rampaging Muslims in an effort to quell the unrest, and Islamists shot, slashed or stabbed to death most of more than 100 Christians killed. Among Christians killed was Joseph Yari of the Evangelical Church of West Africa. The Rev. Emmanuel Kyari, pastor of Christ Baptist Church, Tudun-Wada, told Compass that Yari died helping other Christians who repelled Muslim fanatics bent on burning down his church building. “Yari was standing beside my wife when he was shot by Muslims,” Rev. Kyari said. “In addition to Yari who was killed, there were also three other Christians who were shot, and two died instantly.”
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
NIGERIA: TEN KILLED, THREE CHURCHES SET ABLAZE IN BAUCHI
Upset by damage to mosque under construction, Muslim students spark unrest.

BAUCHI, Nigeria, December 13 (Compass Direct News) – Ten persons have been killed and three churches set on fire after Muslim students in this city began a rampage on Tuesday (December 11) because unidentified people pulled out two foundation blocks of a high school mosque under construction. Area Muslims joined the attacking students, resulting in the deaths and damages in the city, including dozens of homes belonging to Christians. The identity of nine of the 10 people killed has been kept secret as the Bauchi state government has ordered security agents to bury the bodies in a common grave, eyewitnesses to the burial said today. The body of the 10th person has been identified by eyewitnesses only by his surname, Bogoro, a Christian security agent. A teacher at the Government Day Secondary School-Yelwa (also known as Baba Tanko Secondary School), who pleaded that his identity remain undisclosed out of fear of Muslim attack and government penalty, said he witnessed the sparking of the rampage when Muslim students claimed that the foundation of the school mosque had been pulled down. Muslim students began attacking Christians in their classes, he said. “They broke chairs and desks,” he said. “They also attacked their Christian colleagues with knives and daggers. I had to run for my dear life because the situation became uncontrollable.”
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2009
Monday November 26, 2007
NIGERIA: CHRISTIAN KILLED IN ELECTION VIOLENCE IN KANO STATE
Religious motives underlie voter tensions; Christian’s lead at polls triggers attack.
KANO, Nigeria, November 26 (Compass Direct News) – Church leaders said violence over local elections in the Sumaila area this month included a religious element, with Muslims killing one Christian in an attack on a Christian settlement. Eyewitnesses said violence broke out in the Gani electoral ward of Sumaila on November 17 after news reports showed that the Christian candidate for councillor for the Peoples Democratic Party, Zara Gambo, was ahead in the polls, signifying the first ever victory for a Christian candidate in the area. As a result, Muslims attacked Christians in Gani town and in Gani Mission, a Christian settlement in the area, destroying their houses and shops, injuring several of them and killing school teacher Danyaro Bala. Sani Duma, Bala’s brother, told Compass that he believes Muslims killed the church elder in order to cow area Christians into submitting to Islam. “Religion is at the center of this attack on us and the killing of my brother,” Duma said. “The selection of only houses of Christians and their shops for destruction shows clearly that Muslims were out to force us into submitting to their hold on political leadership
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Just in recent times.http://www.compassdirect.org/content/index.php?id=25&session=&PHPSESSID=6ba11342b7047b189a435de4fbee13cc&choixlang=en&&critere=Islamic+violence+in+Nigeria&rowcur=25&rowcur=0

December 11, 2008 - Nigeria : Six Pastors Killed, 40 Churches Razed in Jos Violence

February 12, 2008 - Nigeria : Spurned Suitor Triggers Violence

December 13, 2007 - Nigeria : Church Struggles to Survive in Muslim-run State

December 13, 2007 - Nigeria : Ten Killed, Three Churches Set Ablaze in Bauchi

November 28, 2007 - Nigeria : Report Obscures Muslim Murders in Kano Riot

November 26, 2007 - Nigeria : Christian Killed in Election Violence in Kano State

October 24, 2007 - Nigeria : Muslim Officials Dismiss Christians from Posts

October 22, 2007 - Nigeria : Two Christians Murdered in Kaduna

October 10, 2007 - Nigeria : Muslim Threat to Attack Church Raises Tensions

October 05, 2007 - Nigeria : Ten Christians Killed in Muslim Rampage in Kano State

January 08, 2007 - World : Compass Direct News’ Top 10 Stories of 2006

October 16, 2006 - Nigeria : Teacher on Trial after Punishing Muslim Student

September 25, 2006 - Nigeria : Muslim Youths Destroy 10 Churches

July 10, 2006 - Nigeria : Islamic Violence Paralyzes Teenager, Churches

February 24, 2006 - Nigeria : Muslims Set Ablaze Nine Churches in Niger State

February 20, 2006 - Nigeria : Cartoon Protest Violence Spreads to Nigeria

January 10, 2006 - World : Compass Direct’s Top 10 News Stories of 2005

November 15, 2005 - Nigeria : Islam’s Power Grab in Niger State

November 01, 2005 - Nigeria : Muslim Attacks Incite Violence in Niger State

October 19, 2005 - Nigeria : The Kano Experience: Life Under Sharia

September 23, 2005 - Nigeria : Digging Up the Roots of Persecution in Plateau State, Nigeria

July 29, 2005 - Nigeria : Northern Leaders Implore President to End Sharia

Display of news from 26 to 44 on 44

April 26, 2005 - Nigeria : Church Forced to Move Headquarters

February 07, 2005 - Nigeria : Peace-keeping Soldiers Kill Christian Woman

January 18, 2005 - Nigeria : Christians Criticize Government Report on Religious Violence

January 14, 2005 - World : The Top 10 from Compass Direct

October 13, 2004 - Nigeria : Muslim Militants Threaten to Kill Christian Nurses

May 14, 2004 - Nigeria : Muslim ‘Protest’ Turns Deadly

May 19, 2003 - Nigeria : Governor-Elect Promises Revolutionized Islamic Law

June 21, 2002 - Nigeria : Christians Face a Variety of Problems

December 14, 2001 - Nigeria : Commission Orders Arrests of Church Leaders

August 24, 2001 - Nigeria : Thirty Killed in Religious Conflict

August 24, 2001 - Nigeria : Frustration, Retaliation Fuel Violence

July 20, 2001 - Nigeria : More Than 200 Churches Destroyed

December 15, 2000 - Nigeria : State Government’s Committee Rejects Islamic Law

October 20, 2000 - Nigeria : Twenty-Five Killed in Religious Violence

September 22, 2000 - Nigeria : Muslim Countries Offer to Help with Islamic Law

September 22, 2000 - Nigeria : Christians Protest Islamization

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Hundreds Killed during Religious Conflicts

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Calls for Reconciliation

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Riot Erupts in Sokoto
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Noetic: From your website; this is what I got from the piece. I hope you can read.

[b]If the definition of a university is assumed to mean an institution of higher education and research which issues academic degrees at all levels (bachelor, master and doctorate) like in the modern sense of the word, then the medieval Madrasahs known as Jami'ah ("university" in Arabic) founded in the 9th century would be the first examples of such an institution.[3][4]

The University of Al Karaouine in Fez, Morocco is thus recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest degree-granting university in the world with its founding in 859 by Fatima al-Fihri.[5] Also in the 9th century, Bimaristan medical schools were founded in the medieval Islamic world, where medical degrees and diplomas were issued to students of Islamic medicine who were qualified to be a practicing Doctor of Medicine.[4][6]

Al-Azhar University, founded in Cairo, Egypt in 975, was a Jami'ah university which offered a variety of post-graduate degrees (Ijazah),[4] and had individual faculties[7] for a theological seminary, Islamic law and jurisprudence, Arabic grammar, Islamic astronomy, early Islamic philosophy, and logic in Islamic philosophy.[4][/b]
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by noetic2: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
olabowale:

@Noetic: From your website; this is what I got from the piece. I hope you can read.

[b]If the definition of a university is assumed to mean an institution of higher education and research which issues academic degrees at all levels (bachelor, master and doctorate) like in the modern sense of the word, then the medieval Madrasahs known as Jami'ah ("university" in Arabic) founded in the 9th century would be the first examples of such an institution.[3][4]

The University of Al Karaouine in Fez, Morocco is thus recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest degree-granting university in the world with its founding in 859 by Fatima al-Fihri.[5] Also in the 9th century, Bimaristan medical schools were founded in the medieval Islamic world, where medical degrees and diplomas were issued to students of Islamic medicine who were qualified to be a practicing Doctor of Medicine.[4][6]

Al-Azhar University, founded in Cairo, Egypt in 975, was a Jami'ah university which offered a variety of post-graduate degrees (Ijazah),[4] and had individual faculties[7] for a theological seminary, Islamic law and jurisprudence, Arabic grammar, Islamic astronomy, early Islamic philosophy, and logic in Islamic philosophy.[4][/b]

but from the same website we saw preceding universities :
China

* Nanjing University (National Central University) was founded in 258 CE.

Korea

* Taehak was founded in 372. and Gukhak was established in 682

India

* Nalanda University an ancient university was established in the 5th century CE in Bihar, India.

Iran

* Academy of Gundishapur was an important medical centre of the 6th and 7th centuries CE.

Japan

* Ashikaga Gakko was founded in 9th century and restored in 1432.

ur islamic university is therefore not the first university on earth. but that aside. . .what good has islam brought to Nigeria?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
If I have ever sen a "young girl" who is full of personal obsession with Islam, it has to be $Osisi! She needs to wear Abaya to calm down. You'll see.

And at Noetic, I did not see a university started up by the people of the books, prior to the university of the people who followed the unlettered prophet!
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by noetic2: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
olabowale:

And at Noetic, I did not see a university started up by the people of the books, prior to the university of the people who followed the unlettered prophet!

Thats not the issue. Are u saying that islam has brought nothing GOOD to Nigeria?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
Since no one ever did anything because of Christianity, I wonder what is the essence of the question? And by the way, Bill Gates, does not believe in God and he is Jewish! Where is the need for claiming the Atheist for Christianity, except swelling up the ranks? BIll Gates does not believe in the existence of Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloi/Eohim. How then you are attaching him to son god, ghost god and father god?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by noetic2: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
olabowale:

Since no one ever did anything because of Christianity, I wonder what is the essence of the question? And by the way, Bill Gates, does not believe in God and he is Jewish! Where is the need for claiming the Atheist for Christianity, except swelling up the ranks? BIll Gates does not believe in the existence of Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloi/Eohim. How then you are attaching him to son god, ghost god and father god?

u keep missing the point.

why is it so difficult to admit that islam has done no good to Nigeria?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by PureLogic: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
Gen2genius speaks from "exile":

Oh come on Noetic, hasn't Osisi supplied you with enough answers?

December 11, 2008 - Nigeria : Six Pastors Killed, 40 Churches Razed in Jos Violence

February 12, 2008 - Nigeria : Spurned Suitor Triggers Violence

December 13, 2007 - Nigeria : Church Struggles to Survive in Muslim-run State

December 13, 2007 - Nigeria : Ten Killed, Three Churches Set Ablaze in Bauchi

November 28, 2007 - Nigeria : Report Obscures Muslim Murders in Kano Riot

November 26, 2007 - Nigeria : Christian Killed in Election Violence in Kano State

October 24, 2007 - Nigeria : Muslim Officials Dismiss Christians from Posts

October 22, 2007 - Nigeria : Two Christians Murdered in Kaduna

October 10, 2007 - Nigeria : Muslim Threat to Attack Church Raises Tensions

October 05, 2007 - Nigeria : Ten Christians Killed in Muslim Rampage in Kano State

January 08, 2007 - World : Compass Direct News’ Top 10 Stories of 2006

October 16, 2006 - Nigeria : Teacher on Trial after Punishing Muslim Student

September 25, 2006 - Nigeria : Muslim Youths Destroy 10 Churches

July 10, 2006 - Nigeria : Islamic Violence Paralyzes Teenager, Churches

February 24, 2006 - Nigeria : Muslims Set Ablaze Nine Churches in Niger State

February 20, 2006 - Nigeria : Cartoon Protest Violence Spreads to Nigeria

January 10, 2006 - World : Compass Direct’s Top 10 News Stories of 2005

November 15, 2005 - Nigeria : Islam’s Power Grab in Niger State

November 01, 2005 - Nigeria : Muslim Attacks Incite Violence in Niger State

October 19, 2005 - Nigeria : The Kano Experience: Life Under Sharia

September 23, 2005 - Nigeria : Digging Up the Roots of Persecution in Plateau State, Nigeria

July 29, 2005 - Nigeria : Northern Leaders Implore President to End Sharia

Display of news from 26 to 44 on 44

April 26, 2005 - Nigeria : Church Forced to Move Headquarters

February 07, 2005 - Nigeria : Peace-keeping Soldiers Kill Christian Woman

January 18, 2005 - Nigeria : Christians Criticize Government Report on Religious Violence

January 14, 2005 - World : The Top 10 from Compass Direct

October 13, 2004 - Nigeria : Muslim Militants Threaten to Kill Christian Nurses

May 14, 2004 - Nigeria : Muslim ‘Protest’ Turns Deadly

May 19, 2003 - Nigeria : Governor-Elect Promises Revolutionized Islamic Law

June 21, 2002 - Nigeria : Christians Face a Variety of Problems

December 14, 2001 - Nigeria : Commission Orders Arrests of Church Leaders

August 24, 2001 - Nigeria : Thirty Killed in Religious Conflict

August 24, 2001 - Nigeria : Frustration, Retaliation Fuel Violence

July 20, 2001 - Nigeria : More Than 200 Churches Destroyed

December 15, 2000 - Nigeria : State Government’s Committee Rejects Islamic Law

October 20, 2000 - Nigeria : Twenty-Five Killed in Religious Violence

September 22, 2000 - Nigeria : Muslim Countries Offer to Help with Islamic Law

September 22, 2000 - Nigeria : Christians Protest Islamization

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Hundreds Killed during Religious Conflicts

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Calls for Reconciliation

March 17, 2000 - Nigeria : Riot Erupts in Sokoto

Now, you know how much piss the religion of "peace" has brought to Nigeria wink
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
and the above is just some of the good they've done from 00 to 08.
Let me find the good they did in the 80's and 90's grin
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by cold(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
I have been perusing thru this thread to see or hear from our uncle Ola of high erudition 1, yes just 1 good thing Islam has brought to Nigeria but our man has continued to skirt around the issue whilst thinking grin. Seriously,there's a need to contain these sect (set) of people.When i get to Jos i have to keep watching my back or my rearview because you never know when or where these hoodlums will pop up.When i get back to the UK, i still need to keep watching my back, the Home Office keeps warning; "see something,say something" ah, ah! which kind religion be dis!A religion that thrives on blood even of their own kind cry I have a lot of Muslims as friends,but i know they wouldn't hesitate to stab at the drop of a hat.In short,Islam is terrorism personified. sad
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
Noetic, $Osisi, etc, apart from your shouting here on Nairaland about Christianity, have you done any good, because Christianity as your datum for it? Let me give you example: Did you go to the University to study whatever you studied because you are a Christian, or to benefit christianity or you did that just because you wanted to show what Christian can accomplish? Yes, no?

You guys are so fake that it is sickening to imagine how you function, as honest people! I will not trust any of my valuables with any of you, based on your process of argument!

And you $Osisi; you forgot the mny crusades, inquisitions, the conquistaors, the polgroms, oh the world wars and all the major wars up till now! Muslims are the proseutors of all of them! I dont wanna make fun of you now, until after Salatul magrib. See am even nice enough to warn her ahead of time.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by cold(m): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
olabowale:

Noetic, $Osisi, etc, apart from your shouting here on Nairaland about Christianity, have you done any good, because Christianity as your datum for it? Let me give you example: Did you go to the University to study whatever you studied because you are a Christian, or to benefit christianity or you did that just because you wanted to show what Christian can accomplish? Yes, no?

You guys are so fake that it is sickening to imagine how you function, as honest people! I will not trust any of my valuables with any of you, based on your process of argument!

And you $Osisi; you forgot the mny crusades, inquisitions, the conquistaors, the polgroms, oh the world wars and all the major wars up till now! Muslims are the proseutors of all of them! I dont wanna make fun of you now, until after Salatul magrib. See am even nice enough to warn her ahead of time.
grin This guy never ceases to amaze me.Just when i think you've reached your wit's end you make a comment to outdo your (a scathing remark should follow,but i'd refrain for now)self.What has anything got to do with anything (same as you know nothing abt nothing).Please for the umpteenth time;[b]W[/b]hat [b]G[/b]ood has [b]I[/b]slam brought to [b]N[/b]igeria besides the foregoing already listed.Even a six year old can understand that.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
What good did Islam bring to Nigeria
That is still the question?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
cold:

grin This guy never ceases to amaze me.Just when i think you've reached your wit's end you make a comment to outdo your (a scathing remark should follow,but i'd refrain for now)self.What has anything got to do with anything (same as you know nothing abt nothing).Please for the umpteenth time;[b]W[/b]hat [b]G[/b]ood has I[/b]slam brought to [b]N[/b]igeria besides the foregoing already listed.Even a six year old can understand that.

Don't mind olabs and his jihad of "attempt to confuse 'em with many words" grin

olabowale:

[b]And you $Osisi; you forgot the mny crusades, inquisitions, the conquistaors, the polgroms, oh the world wars and all the major wars up till now
! Muslims are the proseutors of all of them! I dont wanna make fun of you now, until after Salatul magrib. See am even nice enough to warn her ahead of time.

I have challenged many of you to start a thread on the origin of the crusades and up till now I still have no takers.
Your claim of Islamic universities being the first is a big lie, do you call madrasa where almajiris learnt Islam universities?
In that case there are universities under every mango tree in Northern and some parts of western Nigeria
Please stop all these lies
why didn't Usman dan fodio bring his universities to Nigeria?
The first schools in Nigeria were missionary schools
what really did Islam bring to Nigeria besides violence
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by goodguy100(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
WAR WAR WAR!!! That what the so called lslam have done to Nigeria and the World. Men Zap lslam.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by littleb(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
goodguy100:

WAR WAR WAR!!! That what the so called lslam have done to Nigeria and the World. Men Zap lslam.

War, War against Christians. Is that not what osisi want to established! Why her post ever full of killing pastors and Christians. Did muslims never lose their brethren in violence too. As you may think right, the same muslims are terrorizing the niger delta, kidnapping and the rest?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by noetic2: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
littleb:

War, War against Christians. Is that not what osisi want to established! Why her post ever full of killing pastors and Christians. Did muslims never lose their brethren in violence too. As you may think right, the same muslims are terrorizing the niger delta, kidnapping and the rest?

who started the killings? did allah not command muslims to kill? is niger-delta a christian war?

please stop lying.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by javalove(m): 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
What good Islam has brought to Nigeria

There are muslim schools that non muslims attend
There are muslim orphanages
There are muslim companies employing . . Dangotem the largedt employer of labour in thos country is muslim
And its Islam that is single handedly curbing immorality in Nigeria,
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by bawomolo(m): 12:04am On Jul 21, 2009
na who ban oyb?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by goodguy100(m): 12:19am On Jul 21, 2009
NOETlC2,               U are the man, your post is really interested. Is actually this so called and useless Allah that command the muslims to kill, as a matter of fact there is nothing Good that will come out from lslam. We the Chrisitans need to pray for the Muslims so that God will open there eyes,  God still Love them no matter the kind of useless words been used against GOD.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 1:17am On Jul 21, 2009
javalove:

What good Islam has brought to Nigeria

There are muslim schools that non muslims attend

Please mention just 3 schools that Islam built
I don't mean state govt o
Islam and Muslims built.

There are muslim orphanages
In Nigeria?
where please

There are muslim companies employing . . Dangotem the largedt employer of labour in thos country is muslim
Is his company Muslim?

And its Islam that is single handedly curbing immorality in Nigeria,

like pedophilia,vvf,homosexuality,massive looting of the treasury,religious riots etc
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 1:31am On Jul 21, 2009
The first 10 perhaps 30 secondary schools in Nigeria were built and run by Christian missionaries

CMS grammar school Bariga
Methodist boys high school Lagos
Hope waddel Training Institute Calabar

what again did Othman dan fodio and his gang of 40 thieves bring to the nation of Nigeria besides a sword?
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
only a christian would be so slow as to credit the missionary schools with their real agenda of pacifying the natives, as good for africa

http://www.bethel.edu/~letnie/AfricanChristianity/Sub-SaharaHomepage.html

As the European powers carved up Africa among themselves, they necessarily changed the nature of African missionaries and African Christianity at the same time. . Between 1890 and 1914 missionaries became more closely related to the various European powers, for good or ill, and whether in alliance or opposition. African rulers were no longer the primary political powers, missionaries now, whether they wanted to or not, became subject to and identified with the colonizing European powers. The colonial rulers in turn did not hesitate to use [b]missionaries to help them subdue and control [/b]the colonies.

European education became one of the key elements in the new political reality and the interplay between convert, missionary and colonial government. Colonization led to a great demand for education and the proliferation of schools. Protestants had stressed literacy, education and reading the Bible from the beginning of their missions, but the advent of colonial power meant that literacy gained social, political and economic, not merely religious importance.

someone needs to read things fall apart again tongue

see these uncle toms celebrating the way they were pushed into bondage cry cry

Frustration at the failure of the missionaries to permit able and mature Christians to provide clerical leadership and the new generation of western missionaries’ racist insistence on maintaining control over the Christian community led many of the new generation of educated protestant Christians to break away from missionary control to form AICs.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

such love from the missionaries and their schools tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

only a christian would be so slow as to credit the missionary schools with their real agenda of pacifying the natives, as good for africa

see these uncle toms celebrating the way they were pushed into bondage cry cry

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

such love from the missionaries and their schools tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Go and read your history books if you're unable to name one good thing Islam brought to Nigeria
You may find out that Islamic slavery in Africa and Asia of modern times preceeded the Portuguese transatlantic slave trade and continued/continues more than a century after slavery had been abolished in the rest of the world
who again were the abolitionists
The quakers
what were they?
Christians wink

If not for the missionaries and their schools in Western Nigeria,you would have been rearing cattle in Lokoja
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

see these uncle toms celebrating the way they were pushed into bondage

what a fraud you are. Look at the south, compare it to the north . . . then tell me that education that came with christian missionaries was a bondage. If not for those missionaries you'd be like the almajiri in the north. Thanks to those you claim came to subjugate us with first class education . . . you can sit infront of a PC and type nonsense. Try asking your local mallam in Kano to write his name in english.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
$Osisi quitely forgot Mulim College Ijebu Ode and others! White the misionaries enslave the Nigerians, they covered that with few secondary school institutions,to shot the people up! Later on, it is the muslim with few Chrsitians that advocated for getting away fro under the yoke of the slave master Christians of England! And it wa a big fight! The rejects of England lording over the masses of Nigeria. From among the Nigerians you have royal bloods, nobilities and good and decent ordinary people, controlled by the Cocney speaking backwater personnels dent by Britain's Crown!

If the Christians were so kind, like any prophet, should they arrive in our society, on our shores and rape our lands, treasures and our language a they did? Omo girl, I dont know how you define kindness, that aint it to me!

Finally, as a Dr., you aught to know what Islam had made the muslims do in the field of Medicine.Check you usual resources again; the Wikipedia! Did Benjamin Franklin engineered electricity because he was researching it based on the Biblical inquiries? Or did Alexander Gramm Bell did his telephone experiment because of his Christianity? How about Thomas Edison, or Isaac Newton, etc? Christianitry played no role except pillages.

Whereas Islam from Quran through challenge at humans, and the muslim might have answered all, the Christian individuals are part of humanity! Thats that.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by olabowale(m): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
What could have made Arabs and indeed rise to world advancement occasion, except Islam? What made America rise again? Or Japan? Or China? Or India? Or Israel? Show me a verse in the whole of the Bible that speaks about "ponder" at the creations; humans, earth, trees and other animals, solar systems, galaxies, etc and challenges man to make inquiries.
Re: Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! by sosisi(f): 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2009
olabowale:

$Osisi quitely forgot Mulim College Ijebu Ode and others! White the misionaries enslave the Nigerians, they covered that with few secondary school institutions,to shot the people up! Later on, it is the muslim with few Chrsitians that advocated for getting away fro under the yoke of the slave master Christians of England! And it wa a big fight! The rejects of England lording over the masses of Nigeria. From among the Nigerians you have royal bloods, nobilities and good and decent ordinary people, controlled by the Cocney speaking backwater personnels dent by Britain's Crown!

If the Christians were so kind, like any prophet, should they arrive in our society, on our shores and rape our lands, treasures and our language a they did? Omo girl, I dont know how you define kindness, that aint it to me!

Finally, as a Dr., you aught to know what Islam had made the muslims do in the field of Medicine.Check you usual resources again; the Wikipedia! Did Benjamin Franklin engineered electricity because he was researching it based on the Biblical inquiries? Or did Alexander Gramm Bell did his telephone experiment because of his Christianity? How about Thomas Edison, or Isaac Newton, etc? Christianitry played no role except pillages.

Whereas Islam from Quran through challenge at humans, and the muslim might have answered all, the Christian individuals are part of humanity! Thats that.

What did Islam bring to Nigeria for the good of Nigerians
That is the question?
Don't get HBP because of Christian inventors

(1) (2) (3)

The Salafi Dawah / More Than 130 British Imams Refuse To Bury London Attackers / Don’t Sell Your Deen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.