Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (112483 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Marula: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
@Jmakinde, Congratulations! Thanks for being selfless and sharing your journey to inspire others. I'm inspired. Yours is proof that one can still get ITA without a job offer even though job offer increases your points and chances of being selected. I'm not in the NZ race for now because my points though over 100 is not up to 160. I'm here by the sidelines, cheering you all on while learning the process and all it takes. Keep supporting the likes of us by providing your updates and answering questions as much as you know and can. Thanks again Bro.

Please, what's the minimum relocation amount one has to demonstrate to show the capacity to support self or self+family upon relocation or is this not a requirement?

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
Marula:
@Jmakinde, Congratulations! Thanks for being selfless and sharing your journey to inspire others. I'm inspired. Yours is proof that one can still get ITA without a job offer even though job offer increases your points and chances of being selected. I'm not in the NZ race for now because my points though over 100 is not up to 160. I'm here by the sidelines, cheering you all on while learning the process and all it takes. Keep supporting the likes of us by providing your updates and answering questions as much as you know and can. Thanks again Bro.

Please, what's the minimum relocation amount one has to demonstrate to show the capacity to support self or self+family upon relocation or is this not a requirement?

Thanks for your comments. For now I have not come across such requirement. But it is expedient that one should go with enough money to sustain you within the first 6 months or a year. This is with the assumptions that you will get something doing even if not your choice work within that period. You gradually get their local experience which is usually valued. These experiences will eventually land you your dream job as you progresses. Most important thing is to be prepared. It's not going to be easy but you will sail through.

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tpain22: 5:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Hi all, I tried this route some time last year but he found out that the work experience must be comparable to that of NZ or Australia, and from the list I remembered Nigerians can't claim points for work experience that was achieved in Nigeria.. if this has changed kindly advise
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2019
tpain22:
Hi all, I tried this route some time last year but he found out that the work experience must be comparable to that of NZ or Australia, and from the list I remembered Nigerians can't claim points for work experience that was achieved in Nigeria.. if this has changed kindly advise

if i may ask what was your own experience?, where did you get stocked? if nigeria experience did not account i don't see how those that have done the EOI would have scaled through the selection process. So let us know what you did last year and why your own nigeria experience did not count for you.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Marula: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
Alright. Thanks. I searched and found none but just needed to find out if it was written in your ITA letter or if they asked you for it.

Did you submit a bank statement or anything to show your Financial capability after you received ITA? I'll appreciate if you can share the documents requested for in your ITA letter. Thanks so much.

jmakinde:

Thanks for your comments. For now I have not come across such requirement. But it is expedient that one should go with enough money to sustain you within the first 6 months or a year. This is with the assumptions that you will get something doing even if not your choice work within that period. You gradually get their local experience which is usually valued. These experiences will eventually land you your dream job as you progresses. Most important thing is to be prepared. It's not going to be easy but you will sail through.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Kamarson: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hi concept....I'very been enjoying d cold weather of Auckland for about 3 weeks now..

Are u in auckland ?
how is the weather there ?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
Marula:
Alright. Thanks. I searched and found none but just needed to find out if it was written in your ITA letter or if they asked you for it.

Did you submit a bank statement or anything to show your Financial capability after you received ITA? I'll appreciate if you can share the documents requested for in your ITA letter. Thanks so much.

none was requested for now as at the of submission.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by ugsams(m): 7:03am On Sep 18, 2019
jmakinde:
Hi Guys, i just got wind of this forum even though i had earlier proceeded with my own process without any help or assistance. See highlights of what i have done so far and where i am presently:

1. Did my assessment and found out i had 165 points.

2. Applied to NZQA for PRE for my Msc qualification only being the highest qualification i am claiming point for and also sat for my IELTS exams.
3. Submitted my EOI on 18th January 2019.

4. Got selected and got my ITA on 23rd of january 2019.

5. I was giving 4 months to submit full applications along with supporting documents.

6. Applied to NZQA for my full qualification assessment for both my Bsc and Msc which took some time due to transcript issues with our Nigeria universities.

7. Applied to NZQA for my wife's qualification assessment too since am claiming points for that also.

8. Did my medicals along with my entire family. Note you only have 2 recommended hospitals in nigeria one in abuja and the other in Lagos.

9. Did my Police clearance at alagbon in Ikoyi. You will get your report same day.

10. Gathered all relevant employment references from all the places i have worked before since am claiming points for over 10 years in my EOI.

11. Marriage certificate.

12. I also have to proof i own my wife using my house address number you both receive correspondences together or individually. photos of important events in your marriage life, Air tickets and Hotels reservation of vacation trip you both went for etc.

13. All other documents as requested in the ITA letter.

14. The document gathering process has eaten deep into the 4 months giving to me but eventually i got everything ready at the nip of time.

15. Submitted my application via DHL on April 25th 2019.

16. My application got to the processing center in Manukau Auckland after the 3rd day.

17. My Application was vetted and lodged into their system on 2nd May 2019.

18. My original IELTS results along with 6 photos were returned back to me by mail. Please note any document you are sending and is not the original must be notarized page by page and not just the front page only.

19. I am currently on queue awaiting my application to be assigned to a Case Officer (CO) which depends on so many factors that is currently responsible for the current delay in visa assignment backlogs issues they are facing now.

The initial process was that it takes up to 4 months before the co will be allocated but i guess am already 4 months today from when my application was lodged. However it could take up to 6 months or more. It obvious many nigerians are not taking up this route but instead using student visa which is still a good option.

Quest to seek others in my situation from nigeria led me to this thread even though i have been in Nairaland forum long enough. I hope my experience so far can inspire others too willing to take my route to start early by taking the first step. Nothing Good comes so easy and i would advise @Hartson not to give up his dream and still give it a chance for the passion to be ignited once again.

Thank and best Regards. I will keep the house updated as i progress further.

Congratulations on your journey so far. Did you get a job offer in New Zealand?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2019
ugsams:

Congratulations on your journey so far. Did you get a job offer in New Zealand?

No. Most employer will prefer you are on ground before you can get any meaningful offer.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2019
jmakinde:

19. I am currently on queue awaiting my application to be assigned to a Case Officer (CO) which depends on so many factors that is currently responsible for the current delay in visa assignment backlogs issues they are facing now.

The initial process was that it takes up to 4 months before the co will be allocated but i guess am already 4 months today from when my application was lodged. However it could take up to 6 months or more. It obvious many Nigerians are not taking up this route but instead using student visa which is still a good option.

Good Day Makinde,

Have you been assigned a Case Officer now.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 9:06am On Sep 18, 2019
akinshokun:
@Firewall02
Thanks for the swift response

I have References from all company till date I have been engaged with per time

What stage 're U ?

Am waiting to receive my wife PhD transcript from her school so I can apply for her NZQA assessment.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by topacs: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2019
Please as per years of experience how do they calculate it, is it after your highest degree or at any time for example.
I got my First degree in 2008, started working from 2008 till date but in-between I got pgd 2014 and MSc 2019.

Lastly as regards skill assessment on occupations on the absolute skill shortage, how do we about the assessments.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by ugsams(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2019
jmakinde:

No. Most employer will prefer you are on ground before you can get any meaningful offer.

I understand this point very well just that I have always believed that one needs a job offer before he can proceed with a visa application.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
ugsams:

I understand this point very well just that I have always believed that one needs a job offer before he can proceed with a visa application.

But this is SMC and i did not see getting a job offer as a prerequisite to submitting EOI or submitting of application. if you have any additional info you can as well share it.

thanks
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Firewall02:

Good Day Makinde,

Have you been assigned a Case Officer now.

still Awaiting CO assignment bro
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 12:40am On Sep 19, 2019
jmakinde:

But this is SMC and i did not see getting a job offer as a prerequisite to submitting EOI or submitting of application. if you have any additional info you can as well share it.

thanks

Congrats on the steps so far.
If everything goes according to plan, you will most likely get a Job Search Visa rather than the SMC residency visa because you do not have a job offer.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by davodyguy: 8:08am On Sep 24, 2019
mich1975:
Apply for visitor visa, go with enough money. @ d point of entry, they will ask u how much u have. Once u show them enough money, u will enter, u will have access to look for work. Your employee will help u file for your residency.
You are a bloody liar and a scammer.

No one does that at POE in New Zealand.

Since you've been dropping your email all over, I hope no one contacts you.

You're acting like a scammer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by ednut1(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2019
mich1975:
Apply for visitor visa, go with enough money. @ d point of entry, they will ask u how much u have. Once u show them enough money, u will enter, u will have access to look for work. Your employee will help u file for your residency.
@justwise
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by ugsams(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2019
davodyguy:

You are a bloody liar and a scammer.

No one does that at POE in New Zealand.

Since you've been dropping your email all over, I hope no one contacts you.

You're acting like a scammer

He is not wrong, just that the process is not as easy as he stated. So many conditions to be met plus the hurdles of getting a visiting visa.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by pawsofdikeje(m): 11:42am On Oct 04, 2019
Is the Skilled Migrant pass mark set to increase?
Posted by Iain on Oct. 4, 2019, 3:20 p.m. in Skilled Migrant Category

Of late, and very publicly, the Immigration Department has been blaming the blow out in Skilled Migrant Resident Visa processing times to a surge in demand and a massive inflow of applications.

I cannot help thinking that they are softening up the Minister of Immigration to increase to the skilled migrant pass mark from 160 to give themselves some breathing space to process the ever increasing backlogs that they have created.

The reality is that there is no evidence to support the claim of significant increase in Resident Visa applications flowing into the system over the past 12 months but there is plenty of evidence that the restructuring that the Department has been undertaking over the past 12 months has been rushed and is disastrous. It has led to scores of newly employed, inexperienced and poorly trained immigration officers sitting in judgement on complex visa applications beyond their ability and capability to process. This is the single greatest factor that has led to the slowdown in decision making (we see the evidence every day).

It is this uncomfortable fact that the department does not want to concede but which I have little doubt has contributed to the blow out from 4 to 6 months to process most residency applications this time last year to more like 10 to 12 months today. The queues just keep getting longer.

The number of skilled migrant resident cases sitting waiting for a decision has now reached a point where there are 15,000 people waiting for decisions on their (largely) skilled residence visa applications. This is an increase of roughly 10,000 people over this time last year. INZ blames demand.

It would be easy to conclude that a points pass mark increase is warranted to slow down the inflow when you consider how many people are sitting waiting for the Visa to be processed.

Is there any evidence though of a surge in skilled migrant residence applications being filed?

Short answer is no - until early August. ‘Demand’ (being the number of people chasing the finite number of places available each year) seems to be fairly consistent over the past decade or so.

Our analysis based on the numbers below shows demand each year over the past decade is very consistent — it fluctuates but there’s no obvious evidence of any spike in demand.

People with applications receipted for processing were

2009/10 30,700

2010/11 23,500

2011/12 23,400

2012/13 24,000

2013/14 24,000

2014/15 28,000

2015/16 32,800

2016/17 27,200

2017/18 21,500

2018/19 26,400

Interestingly, the two months of August and September 2019 saw the number of applications receipted into the system for processing jump to an astonishing 7000. It is very hard to pin down where these have come from because extrapolate those two months out to the end of the 12-month period and those two months of receipts would suggest there will be 42,000 odd lining up for a resident visa.

Given average decline rates of resident visa applications, the final number of Resident Visas issued will be much lower and likely be closer to 34,000 — which is still a lot higher than the existing ’target’. For reasons I won’t explain here I predict a significant increase in decline rates over the coming months.’

INZ increased ‘pool’ selections to around 630 Expressions of Interest - note not people - from 550 each fortnight back in March, and the Resident Visas applications that will have followed, would absolutely contribute to the 7000 people added through August and September, but does not begin to explain the sudden and massive increase in people being receipted into INZ’s system.

Increased selection numbers and a 30% lower annual target of skilled migrants cannot begin to explain the massive increase in either the alleged surge nor the time it takes INZ to process these visas.

These historical data illustrate no significant increase in applications flowing INZ’s way over the past year— the reason INZ has so many cases on hand waiting for a decision seems to be better explained by INZ’s inability to process them.

The two month August-September 2019 snapshot of 7000 new ‘people’ sitting in the system presents an interesting ‘blip’ and I cannot explain why there has been such a significant jump. I suspect it is more administrative than some sudden surge in demand.

Those two months however might still be reason for INZ to suggest to the Minister that to get on top of the ’delays’ in processing, a pass mark increase from 160 might be nice. For the Department perhaps to save a little embarrassment, certainly not the employers and the economy of NZ.

After all, the Minister and the Government would likely prefer to sell the line that it is time for a ‘bit of a breather’ so they have decided on a ‘modest’ increase in selection point to 180 or more…as demand for places is outstripping the target’ Even if it isn’t strictly true.

Thinking about the political ‘optics’ blaming increased demand would always be preferable to this Government than admitting that under its watch the Immigration Department has descended into chaos following its recent restructuring requiring the employment in New Zealand of legions of new immigration officers who are quite clearly not equipped with the knowledge to process cases as quickly as in previous years.

What Minister would want to admit the ongoing INZ restructuring is the real cause of applications piling up? After all the work flow ‘in’ has not increased until 8 weeks ago, yet INZ is only now allocating (most) skilled Migrant Category cases received in December 2018! There was no increase in demand last year based on INZ’s data.

If there is a pass mark increase, the markets will freak and we know how easy it is to turn the migrant tap off and how much harder it is to turn it back on.

If, as Minister of Immigration Lees-Galloway keeps saying (as did his National Party predecessor before him) ‘it isn’t a numbers game, it’s a quality game’, then the pass mark should stay where it is and INZ should be told to pull its delivery socks up. Such a decision also has political risks for the Minister of course if (when?) the Department doesn’t.

It should not be forgotten when thinking about this speculative piece, we are heading into an election year next. Our Deputy Prime Minister (‘Mr 5-7%’ of the popular vote) is one who will be reaching for the well-worn speech he dusts off every three years proclaiming we let in too many migrants in order to secure another three years of influencing our nations policies. A selection point increase now with the associated ‘look, we are cutting back’ message would surely play well to his old, white base and boost his re-election chances in 2020….

And the Labour Party, which currently only governs at that politician’s pleasure is unlikely to want to deny him given he is the difference between them ruling or observing from the side lines.

What is clear to me is that demand is not driving up processing times — it’s INZ’s failure to be able to deliver decision making at the same rate it historically has. How they manipulate that and how the Politicians weight up the political and economic risks will determine whether the skilled migrant pass mark is going to be increased.

I’d say the risk they’ll put it up to save embarrassment is increasing by the day.

I am not saying the pass mark will increase. I am saying I can see the Department agitating for it and politicians thinking blaming ‘migrant demand’ for the situation created by internal departmental chaos, sounds a whole lot better than taking responsibility for the processing chaos created under their and the bureaucracy’s ‘leadership’.

Until next week

Iain MacLeod

http://www.immigration.co.nz/immigration-blog/post/skilled-migrant-pass-mark-set-increase/
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
jmakinde:

10. Gathered all relevant employment references from all the places i have worked before since am claiming points for over 10 years in my EOI.

Good day Makinde.

Your thought please I read here that Nigeria is not among NZ definition of comparable labour market list for work experience.

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
jmakinde:

10. Gathered all relevant employment references from all the places i have worked before since am claiming points for over 10 years in my EOI..

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
jmakinde:

If my work experience is in an area of absolute skills shortage can it fetch me ITA.

Your response please.

Thanks
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Wonderboy1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Please I need info about New Zealand Visitors visa.

please help

ugsams:

He is not wrong, just that the process is not as easy as he stated. So many conditions to be met plus the hurdles of getting a visiting visa.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by ollybimz: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Firewall02:

If my work experience is in an area of absolute skills shortage can it fetch me ITA.

Your response please.

Thanks

It will not give you ITA but will fetch you additional points (2 - 5 years = 10 points, while 6 years or more = 15 points) during your Expression of Interest Submission
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by akinshokun: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
@Jmakinde

Pls kindly inbox me your email

Need to share and rob minds with you on the progress of the evaluation

My email is akin.shokunbi@hotmail.com

jmakinde:

Don't worry your self on that for now. Just gather other necessary documents, do your medical and police clearance and send your application. After that fo ahead and get your tax clearance ready per adventure it's further required by your CO then you won't difficulties in presenting it. I did not send mine but am already processing all my tax clearance as far back as I can get. Best of luck too.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Xenjin: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Hello everyone, I just an offer of place at southern institute of technology New Zealand for masters of applied management level 9. Please, can anyone give me idea of how New Zealand is, employment opportunities and the visa process. Thanks
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Mariesio: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
jmakinde:

Yes. Without my masters I wouldn't have made the required points. If you are younger your first degree will suffice
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Firewall02:

Good day Makinde.

Your thought please I read here that Nigeria is not among NZ definition of comparable labour market list for work experience.

Provided your work experience is in absolute skill shortage list it will be considered comparable. Read more here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#42636.htm
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
SM11.10 Requirements for recognition (to 27/08/2017)

Note: The instructions contained in this section cease to be effective from 28/08/2017.

Work experience is recognised and qualifies for points if it meets the requirements set out at (a) and (b) below:

a. An immigration officer must be satisfied that work experience is:
relevant to the principal applicant's current skilled employment in New Zealand or offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7); or
relevant to the principal applicant's recognised qualification (see SM14); or
skilled, because it required, or enabled the principal applicant to gain specialist, technical or management skills and experience relevant to an occupation that is included in the lists of occupations held at Appendix 6 or Appendix 7.

Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless:

a. the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage; or

b. the principal applicant has current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7).

Firewall02:

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
jmakinde:

SM11.10 Requirements for recognition (to 27/08/2017)

Note: The instructions contained in this section cease to be effective from 28/08/2017.

Work experience is recognised and qualifies for points if it meets the requirements set out at (a) and (b) below:

a. An immigration officer must be satisfied that work experience is:
relevant to the principal applicant's current skilled employment in New Zealand or offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7); or
relevant to the principal applicant's recognised qualification (see SM14); or
skilled, because it required, or enabled the principal applicant to gain specialist, technical or management skills and experience relevant to an occupation that is included in the lists of occupations held at Appendix 6 or Appendix 7.

Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless:

a. the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage; or

b. the principal applicant has current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7).

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning / The Sleeping Lady Mountain In Alaska: Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.