Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate (32768 Views)

Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids / Lady Commercial Bus Driver In Enugu Spotted In Action (Photos, Video) / Female Commercial Okada Rider In Surulere, Lagos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
kay29000:

If they asked you to choose between 400k and your life, which would you choose? Ofcos your life. This people will attack you spiritually, physically, mentally...etc. Of cos she had a receipt, and I even remember the spot, cos I drove her to the place in Ijegun (and the other one in Sango) a couple of times, but as I said, peace of mind is better than any amount of money.
True bro. I hope she has another land somewhere that she can fall back on or at least build something on.

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by kay29000(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
dumo1:

True bro. I hope she has another land somewhere that she can fall back on or at least build something on.

Yes. Thank you.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by swizzdre(m): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
goodgate:
I can taste a very sweet and well prepared ZOBO. Lagos and many story tellers.
. grin
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Awoofawo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijacarlovers:
Nigeria's Oldest Female Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate

Read how i met Nigeria's unarguably oldest driver of a commercial vehicle still in active service.

I had an appointment at Alausa and while there, i got another call to report to Amuwo Odofin urgently. I decided to leave the car at Alausa, board public transport to beat traffic and also save the fuel i had as the fuel scarcity had built up.

As i stood at the bus-stop a blue Toyota Sienna pulled up and discharged some passengers. I saw the elderly lady driving the car and i thought those were her staff that she dropped off but she remained for like 3 minutes and i noticed the man beside me asking her if she was headed to Ketu she said no and her faint voice replied "Ojota". Since i had spent about 20 minutes waiting for a bus going to Oshodi i decided to follow her to Ojota and then board another vehicle from there.

Like 2 minutes into the trip i advised her to put on her seat belt and she told me that it chokes her as she is diabetic, and just returned from admission in the hospital because her blood sugar level spiked terribly. Two things i noticed immediately were her voice which was very calm, confident though low; and the polished and courteous manner she replied me.

These now pricked my interest to hear her story and it turned out to be very disheartening.

Her name is Mrs Felicia Chidi (Chief Ugonma). She is 58 years old and from Enugu State. She told me that she had lived in USA and UK and she is a trained nurse and worked in these countries as a nurse.

She had lost her husband several years ago and she has two female daughters who are married and resident in America but can't come to Nigeria for now. So right now she lives with a little girl that keeps her company and helps her with house chores in a border town in Ogun state but comes to Lagos daily to hustle with her commercial driving to raise funds for her daily upkeep pending when ever she gets money from her children who can't work yet.

So what brought her back and why did she settle for driving a 'kabu-kabu' commercial vehicle?

I had directly asked her this question and had then informed her that i would love to write about her. At that point i only had in mind to celebrate her hustling spirit but her answer was most pathetic.

Chief now informed me that like 2011 she was summoned from her base abroad that her properties in Nigeria were being claimed by some land-grabbers.

She informed me that she had built a mini estate comprising of 3 duplexes, 6 shops, 1 bungalow, 2 flats, on 43 Ogundana street, off Allen Ave, ikeja, Lagos.

But as she rushed back, she realised that one Yoruba family had laid claims to her entire estate which she said she has all her documents to including Certificate of Occupancy. But the family claimed that they are the rightful owners. And had taken her to court in her absence and judgment was also deliberated and served in her absence transferring ownership to them.

That was how she became homeless and houseless and moved from being a landlady of an estate to becoming a tenant living outside Lagos State.

She said she engaged the services of a lawyer who collected N1,500,000 from her yet did not make any headway.

She now cried to the family at Ikeja that sold the land to her and they also demanded another huge amount from her before they would agree to bring out their original family land register and testify on her behalf.

In the course of going through all these the same family that forcefully took over her properties, sent thugs armed with guns to her house and kidnapped her daughter, took her valuables including plasma television sets and packed all into her Toyota Sienna bus and told her to hand over her original title documents to the said properties which she refused. They then told her that before they would release her abducted daughter she would pay a ransom and they took her in another vehicle to the bank where she withdrew her final savings and paid them before they released her daughter.

This event has also made her daughters so scared of returning to Nigeria. And as a widow now battling ill-health and no money again, she got to her wit's end and ended up using her Toyota Sienna to run commercial transportation.

Even doing this has not come easy as she had to contend with different unions and her fellow male drivers who found it very difficult accepting a female driver in their midst. As she was enduring the physical and psychological trauma, her car was also taking some bashings especially deliberate ones from the drivers who wanted to frustrate her out of their park. But knowing that she won't have another source of livelihood, she stood her grounds, enduring all sorts from human beings and from ill-health as she was now taking ill more frequently, spending the little money she makes on only food and medications.

Moreover, her life is still not safe from those who had stolen her estate and even kidnapped her daughter released only after receiving ransom payment.

I had great pity and paid her for my fare, gave her more money and told her to close earlier that day so she could rest. Immediately she collected the money, she prayed for me and told me that her priority right then was to go to Ikeja Under-Bridge and buy a used handset because she no longer even had any to make or receive calls. She promised to call me once she gets a handset and reactivated her line but as i type this, i haven't heard from her. Though as soon as possible, i will still go look for her.

I promised her that i will write about her and pray that she gets justice.

Source: http://www.naijacarlovers.com/2016/03/meet-nigerias-oldest-female-commercial.html#more.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry Why some human be so heartless eating from other folks sweat

God let's Justice be done for the old woman!!!

Ambose Do something about this Land Grabber?Omo Onile wahala cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by platodeen(m): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Op, make it a matter of life n death 2 get back in touch with her n feedback nairalanders 2 see where we could help in our various capacities

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by UIA04(f): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
BlackMaria:

Oya name the park and name ur street. Shame on you,if after naming them,we find out,what u claim doesn't hapun and it turns out to be a lie.
I'm not insulting you,but enough of this yoruba vs igbo ish.
Any small thing,that hapuns,most igbos claim they are been harassed by the yorubas.
If u claim to be harassed by yorubas,y don't u leave and go to where u will be accepted peacefully.
It's happen not hapun
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by UIA04(f): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
opedaydydx9:
u started well but at the end u sounded like a fool in quote ... I felt sory for her anyways.. I wanted to acquire some properties my brother advised me to be very careful so I won't fall victim for God's sake am yoruba and still scared of whatever might happen... Sprry for the curse though
If you were truly sorry you'lld have edited that post
Hard, to change my opinion of you now even with the apology.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by opedaydydx9(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
UIA04:
If you were truly sorry you'lld have edited that post Hard, to change my opinion of you now even with the apology.
Smile
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
donkross1:

Correct sire cheesy.

Me go dey here dey pray for una
Thanks. The prayers are also needed. Gratias.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Iyamar:
God bless u
Gratias. Bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
ikaboy:
Pls moderators let's us take this up. Punch as a newspaper has been fighting for justice as in d case of Ese. I believe nairaland can do better and just about Olajumoke and cleavage barring outfits. Let's raise a committee to ratify and confirm this story and take it up. Personally, I will join.

CC: SEUN, lalatiscalala and other patriots.

Thanks Boss. I will try to follow up. And report back.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
adebaxton:

I met her once @ Ojota plying Shoprite Alausa, My instinct told me something wasn't right coz she looks better than the picture I'm seeing. I pray she gets justice.

Yes, you are right. That's her route.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by amtaken(f): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mind you, God cannot be mocked. Always bear that in mind.

anonimi:

....while we wait for God to come down and have mercy, what can we do

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Christianwalase: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
I pray this story reaches Lagos State Governor. Let there be justice

2 Likes

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
BlackMaria:

You are so silly. Is this your cheap way of instigating tribal insults again. All this biafra ppl ehn.
Enough of this tribal bashing and get it into your head,that NIGERIA is not going to split.

So I should have sugar-coated what I heard right? U think I did not downplay certain things right?

And after insulting me how much alert did u receive?
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
kennyman2000:

oga, take it easy abeg. Seems u dont know whats happening in the country. Whats happening is that, if u've money. U can win anycase. In as much as its not a murder case. Oga, see i know one chairman of omooniles. All my life, he's never losed a case. He grabs people lands, take them to court, use his financial and connection influence on the case, there u've it. He wins the case. Not until when his boys killed a man on his land when they're dragging an issue. His case was taken to the federal court, he went to jail. Now, he's back. If he sees that the land he wants to grab isnt gonna be easy. He leaves it cos he has been warned, if he's any murder case again. Its life imprisonment. Oga, things are happening.

U said, a court delivered a case in her absence. Am a yoruba boy and i'll tell u what people who've case in the court do. Most especially these omo onile's. They consult their herbalist that something bad should hinder u from appearing in court. The second time, u didnt appear. The third time, u didnt appear. The court verdict will definitely be in favour of ur counterpart who's presence. U can meet a lawyer to confirm.

My bro u know the koko.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by ibietela2(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Akfakorede:

this aint g unit.

this is the "migos"
they are quavo, offset and i have forgotten the name of the third one..

Takeoff

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by naijacarlovers: 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
platodeen:
Op, make it a matter of life n death 2 get back in touch with her n feedback nairalanders 2 see where we could help in our various capacities

I will bro.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Ariba2(m): 2:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
let her visit JDPD or any judiciary NGO or mission. I believe they will help.

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by anonimi: 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Mind you, God cannot be mocked. Always bear that in mind.

My dear, I am not mocking God. I dare not.
I was actually referring to the Bible reading that says- Faith without works is dead.
Hence we should WATCH and pray, not so
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by wtfCode: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
I almost cried after reading this.
God bless ur igboness(hustle).
I just wish we could just bring all our investments home.
Same sh*t happened to my uncle in the north. Them lazy and wicked hausas claimed his properties and almost killed him.
As for the yorubas,they're known with this kinda act. Very lazy tribe.
#proudly_igbo.
#still gonna keep the blood flowing!

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by amtaken(f): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ok.

anonimi:

My dear, I am not mocking God. I dare not.
I was actually referring to the Bible reading that says- Faith without works is dead.
Hence we should WATCH and pray, not so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Gabaleve:

where is the money ??

Which money?
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
wtfCode:
I almost cried after reading this.
God bless ur igboness(hustle).
I just wish we could just bring all our investments home.
Same sh*t happened to my uncle in the north. Them lazy and wicked hausas claimed his properties and almost killed him.
As for the yorubas,they're known with this kinda act. Very lazy tribe.
#proudly_igbo.
#still gonna keep the blood flowing!

Love your sigline.

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijacarlovers:

I will bro.

If she's a citizen of the US, I'll chip in specifically towards a ticket back home.

2 Likes

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by tottinova: 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Read how i met Nigeria's unarguably oldest driver of a commercial vehicle still in active service.

I had an appointment at Alausa and while there, i got another call to report to Amuwo Odofin urgently. I decided to leave the car at Alausa, board public transport to beat traffic and also save the fuel i had as the fuel scarcity had built up.

As i stood at the bus-stop a blue Toyota Sienna pulled up and discharged some passengers. I saw the elderly lady driving the car and i thought those were her staff that she dropped off but she remained for like 3 minutes and i noticed the man beside me asking her if she was headed to Ketu she said no and her faint voice replied "Ojota". Since i had spent about 20 minutes waiting for a bus going to Oshodi i decided to follow her to Ojota and then board another vehicle from there.

Like 2 minutes into the trip i advised her to put on her seat belt and she told me that it chokes her as she is diabetic, and just returned from admission in the hospital because her blood sugar level spiked terribly. Two things i noticed immediately were her voice which was very calm, confident though low; and the polished and courteous manner she replied me.

These now pricked my interest to hear her story and it turned out to be very disheartening.

Her name is Mrs Felicia Chidi (Chief Ugonma). She is 58 years old and from Enugu State. She told me that she had lived in USA and UK and she is a trained nurse and worked in these countries as a nurse.

She had lost her husband several years ago and she has two female daughters who are married and resident in America but can't come to Nigeria for now. So right now she lives with a little girl that keeps her company and helps her with house chores in a border town in Ogun state but comes to Lagos daily to hustle with her commercial driving to raise funds for her daily upkeep pending when ever she gets money from her children who can't work yet.

So what brought her back and why did she settle for driving a 'kabu-kabu' commercial vehicle?

I had directly asked her this question and had then informed her that i would love to write about her. At that point i only had in mind to celebrate her hustling spirit but her answer was most pathetic.

Chief now informed me that like 2011 she was summoned from her base abroad that her properties in Nigeria were being claimed by some land-grabbers.

She informed me that she had built a mini estate comprising of 3 duplexes, 6 shops, 1 bungalow, 2 flats, on 43 Ogundana street, off Allen Ave, ikeja, Lagos.

But as she rushed back, she realised that one Yoruba family had laid claims to her entire estate which she said she has all her documents to including Certificate of Occupancy. But the family claimed that they are the rightful owners. And had taken her to court in her absence and judgment was also deliberated and served in her absence transferring ownership to them.

That was how she became homeless and houseless and moved from being a landlady of an estate to becoming a tenant living outside Lagos State.

She said she engaged the services of a lawyer who collected N1,500,000 from her yet did not make any headway.

She now cried to the family at Ikeja that sold the land to her and they also demanded another huge amount from her before they would agree to bring out their original family land register and testify on her behalf.

In the course of going through all these the same family that forcefully took over her properties, sent thugs armed with guns to her house and kidnapped her daughter, took her valuables including plasma television sets and packed all into her Toyota Sienna bus and told her to hand over her original title documents to the said properties which she refused. They then told her that before they would release her abducted daughter she would pay a ransom and they took her in another vehicle to the bank where she withdrew her final savings and paid them before they released her daughter.

This event has also made her daughters so scared of returning to Nigeria. And as a widow now battling ill-health and no money again, she got to her wit's end and ended up using her Toyota Sienna to run commercial transportation.

Even doing this has not come easy as she had to contend with different unions and her fellow male drivers who found it very difficult accepting a female driver in their midst. As she was enduring the physical and psychological trauma, her car was also taking some bashings especially deliberate ones from the drivers who wanted to frustrate her out of their park. But knowing that she won't have another source of livelihood, she stood her grounds, enduring all sorts from human beings and from ill-health as she was now taking ill more frequently, spending the little money she makes on only food and medications.

Moreover, her life is still not safe from those who had stolen her estate and even kidnapped her daughter released only after receiving ransom payment.

I had great pity and paid her for my fare, gave her more money and told her to close earlier that day so she could rest. Immediately she collected the money, she prayed for me and told me that her priority right then was to go to Ikeja Under-Bridge and buy a used handset because she no longer even had any to make or receive calls. She promised to call me once she gets a handset and reactivated her line but as i type this, i haven't heard from her. Though as soon as possible, i will still go look for her.

Source: http://www.naijacarlovers.com/2016/03/meet-nigerias-oldest-female-commercial.html#more.

If a 58 year old woman can do this, then I see no reason y a 57yr old person nd below will be begging on the street.
#my opinion

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
opedaydydx9:
my brother acquired a landed property some months ago we had to settled the family after one of the sons went rogue,nd had to start major project to avoid omoile wahala, omonile don't care if ur yoruba or ibo or hausa, dem dey grab anything, even if n soldier get the land he gts do normal... It's sad tho
The ish,we had with them also. Na fire 4 fire,we use 4 those guys oh. If not,naso dem go claim land whey we own.
Omo onile are a menace in Lagos. It's high time,government and private sector come together and put an end to this.

1 Like

Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
UIA04:

It's happen not hapun

Ok ma,noted.
I'm still waiting for the address of the park,u claimed the refined Igbo woman is always been harassed.
Also the address of the street,were your landlady of a mum is always bullied by the so-called yoruba landlords.
Anything apart from the address,shame on you and your tribe.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijacarlovers:

So I should have sugar-coated what I heard right? U think I did not downplay certain things right?

And after insulting me how much alert did u receive?
Yinmu,boda ode.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by fairheven: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
BlackMaria:

You are so silly. Is this your cheap way of instigating tribal insults again. All this biafra ppl ehn.
Enough of this tribal bashing and get it into your head,that NIGERIA is not going to split.

You are equally as guilty as he is by mentioning "BIAFRA"

It was totally out of order for him to say a "yoruba family" took her property. She could have said "some people" took her estate, as that could have been
perpetrated by any individual regardless of tribe.

Evil character and attribute have no "ethnic coloration" but individual disposition.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by Greg007(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
What comes around go around. What ever you do 2day you will surely pay for it 2moro.
Re: Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate by donodion(m): 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Read how i met Nigeria's unarguably oldest driver of a commercial vehicle still in active service..

See why some diasporans wouked never return home? Rendered this woman completely helpless. With the estate she had she would never have even bothered to lift a finger to live well amd retire well after aerving in the US....a nurse for that matter.

Besides..my advise is others like Chief Mrs..when you are making money abroad..try invest some at your states of origin.

Not All your dollars, pounds and euros should be invested in Lagos. There are so many ill wishers ( including her lawyer) ready to zap every single hardearned penny.

Naija diasporans could be looking towards South South region to safely invest. Too many omo onile wahala and unstable government policies in Lagos state abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / How True Is This ? (snap Shot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.