Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,605 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh (18716 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Fuel Crisis: Queues To Disappear By April 7th- Kachikwu / Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Sarhyd(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
The Federal Government said on Saturday that it would stabilise the price of rice from April to make it affordable to everybody in the country.

The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, made this known while declaring open the 2016 National wheat farmers field day in Alkamawa village in Bunkure Local Government of Kano state.

Ogbeh said that the stability of price of rice would be very viable due to its demand and affordability to the people from April.

He said the boosting of wheat production and other cereals had become necessary to reduce over dependence on importation.

The minister added that over 300, 000 hectares of land in wheat producing states would be dedicated to boost wheat production.

``The government will continue to support farmers to encourage agricultural activity, enhance food security and employment generation in the country,’’ he said.

According to him, the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari will diversify the economy with greater emphasis on agriculture.

Ogbeh urged Nigerians to embrace agriculture to enhance their welfare and enable them become self reliant.

In a remark, Chairman Senate Committee on Agriculture, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, said the senate would make legislation to remove obstacles being faced by wheat farmers in the country.

On his part, the Gov. Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi said Kebbi would dedicate 70 per cent of the proposed 300, 000 for wheat production to boost its production.

Source:http://pulse.ng/local/ogbeh-minister-says-fg-will-stabilise-price-of-rice-by-april-id4796250.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by sprinter101(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Story for d gods

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by olamide452(f): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Really

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
this people no dey tire. angry angry Apc government cant even stabilize indomie price yet,they want to stabilize rice peice?

indomie hungry man size is now sold for 120 naira in my area, inatead of 100 naira. stabilize that first, you promised to stabilize oil price, see as oil scarce today, Abeg, leave our rice alone oo angry angry

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
PDP gave us a tecnorat Ankiwumi Adesina as Agric Minister While APC is giving us Pensioner Audu Ogbeh as Agric minister.
This Change get as e be.

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Pheals(f): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Really- the rice we are producing abi?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by 234GT(m): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Buhari keeps blaming those who ruled this nation in the last 16 years, and he still went ahead to appoint a former leader of the party that ruled the nation in the last 16 years as minister of agriculture.

Buhari is indeed confused.

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by tayebest(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2016
AMEN! cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by otil1: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2016
Panic mode!

The APC led govt of federal republic of Nigeria is now in panic mode.

The position of the President and his ministers are drifting apart. In between the Ministers, you here A here and Z there; total lack of coordination, but essentially, no concrete action to base issued statements.

While Lai Mohammed released that the entire economy had spiralled out of hand, the geriatric minister of agriculture offers that govt would stabilise price of rice in less than 15 days!

Just to ask, mr Minister of Agric, have your govt planted any new rice field since inauguration?

Two, given the rate of your Govt's denial of campaign promises, are you really serious you want Nigerians to take you serious this time and hold you accountable for its achievement?

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2016
Good development but i dont see the serving minister overcoming the past minister in term of achievement

5 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Osakah24(m): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2016
Make april reach now they will change date or deny the promise. Though the minister was corny enough not to name any price,these guys don dey learn from their mistakes of making point blank promises that they will need only outright denial to fulfill but now make inconclusive promises that's not specific so that they can amend their promises without stress or unnecessary lies.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by mightyhaze: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2016
April wot year pls?

Hope its not like stabilising world crude price or makin naira equal 2 d dollar.

This government!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Sarhyd(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
CC lalasticlala
Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by SleekMallam: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Buhari should first stabilise oil prices before jumping the gun.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by funkyibodude(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
FG: will stabilize oil price..

Zombies: Yepee Sai baba that's my presido

Current situation on ground: Scarcity of petrol products, fuel pump price on the rise.

FG response: Please be patient, the last administration put this country in a big mess.

Zombies response:That's my presido, don't mind IPOB miscreants.

FG: Oil refineries will start production January.

Zombies: Yepee Sai baba, that's my presido.

Current situation on ground: All oil refineries shutdown .

FG response: Please be patient, blame it on the past administration.

Zombies response: That's my presido, don't mind IPOB miscreants.

FG: Power supply will stabilize in few months

Zombies: Yepee Sai baba that's my presido

Current situation on ground: Total blackout

FG response: Please be patient, the past administration put this country in a big mess..

Zombies response That's my presido, don't mind IPOB miscreants.

FG: We will not tolerate any form of terror activities across the nation.

Zombies: Yepee Sai Baba that's my presido

Current situation on ground: Fulani herdsmen terrorizing communities nation wide, Nigerian army shooting unarmed civilians indiscriminately.

FG response: Actually none..

Zombies response: Of course the deserve to die the president is a no nonsense man. Don't mind those IPOB miscreants..

And now this. We will stabilize the price of rice production...

Zombies response: Your guess is as good as mine!!

Fellow Nigerians please be patient, change is here!

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Phame: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Good!

1 Like

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Phame: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
sprinter101:
Story for d gods
you are still sleeping in the shrine.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by rexel99: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Talk is cheap. I will only believe if akinwunmmi told me this not this spent force

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by rudebouy: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
PDP gave us a tecnorat Ankiwumi Adesina as Agric Minister While APC is giving us Pensioner Audu Ogbeh as Agric minister.
This Change get as e be.

Gyal! If only you really knew Audu Ogbeh's profile when it comes to Agriculture, you will know that ur comparism is faulty. Its like comparing coach Samson Siasia(Akinwumi Adesina) to coach Pep Guardiola(Audu Ogbeh). They are both good but not at the same class.

Sorry am not an APC fan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by rexel99: 11:48am On Mar 13, 2016
rudebouy:

Gyal! If only you really knew Audu Ogbeh's profile when it comes to Agriculture, you will know that ur comparism is faulty. Its like comparing coach Samson Siasia(Akinwumi Adesina) to coach Pep Guardiola(Audu Ogbeh). They are both good but not at the same class.

Sorry am not an APC fan.

Please educate us some of us dont know his profile. Back your assertions with facts always.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Lanretoye(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Make dem stabilize the price of stew too oo,cos we no go fit dey chop ordinary rice without stew.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Monimatic(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
rudebouy:

Sorry am not an APC fan.

Another sophisticated Zombie on the loose

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Monimatic(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
This Change get as e be.

grin grin grin grin
Wicked
So Audu Ogbe is a mere pensioner

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
is it the price of Abakaliki rice, Anambra rice or foreign rice that they are going to stabilise

plz federal government no come make things costly for Ebonyi because una wan stabilise rice price

our rice is good and cheap at the Same time we don't need scarcity of rice like fuel in my state here we produce it and export it we are not importing it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Akukò

1 Like

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by abacrested(f): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
rudebouy:

Sorry am not an APC fan.
you got it wrong ,it's like comparing Pep Guardiola(Akinwumi Adesina) with Shuaibu Amodu(Pa Audu Ogbe)

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by omowolewa: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stable at what price, imported I guess. Hope cabals won't come in through the back door?
Before this goes the '5000 naira unemployed' way, let me hear from PMB himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Pavore9: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Observing, April will certainly come.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by betterABIAstate: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lanretoye:
Make dem stabilize the price of stew too oo,cos we no go fit dey chop ordinary rice without stew.
I was laugjinh like a fool with this post

4 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by sprinter101(m): 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Phame:
you are still sleeping in the shrine.

Come join me,enough space for both of us

7 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by sprinter101(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lanretoye:

You funny sha cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh by Iykopee(m): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
They have started with anoda useless promise. Very soon, in their most traditional manner, they will deny it.

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vanguard Disassociates Itself From Ocherome Nnanna's Comment / Atiku Can Only Travel To Dubai, We Need A Pres. Who Can Go Anywhere - Oshiomhole / General Otiki: Caught In The Web Of Sokoto Election Politics! By PRNigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.