Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (54637 Views)

Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / White Students Of Yoruba Language University, U.S Singing Yoruba Hymn!(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Fiwasayo(f): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
They look good kiss kiss kiss
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Chalatanace(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
Chalatanace

Well done
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by demarc001: 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hmm! Una conglat
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Shubbylee(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Yoruba Kwenu!! Nigeria kwenu!!

2 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by obajoey(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Yorubas, what a wonderful gift to mankind..

1 Like

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Nicepoker(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
mars123:
oyinbos sef, they will learn theirs and come and also learn yours...they don't get tired of learning.

while for naija here our education system is still 19th century chalk and blackboard. and you expect pdp wailers to have sense grin
zombie must u drive ur points towards political angle?
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by ejamahrandy: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Lol @ the short stuffs!

These are hopeless mamas and fury midgets with tax evations waiting to be deported! undecided
cant you see that they are kneeling down

2 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by kokomilala(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
They value what they don't have; we value what they have.But, people like our own WS, Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, have helped in no small measure to project our cultures to the West.

1 Like

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by manuelayo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
And how does this change the current price of garri......proudly Yoruba sha
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by IamPatriotic(m): 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
I'm sure by tomorrow morning we should see a counter thread from some reactionaries of "Students of Igbo language in Oxford university"

6 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by kunlejazz(m): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Lol @ the short stuffs!

These are hopeless mamas and fury midgets with tax evations waiting to be deported! undecided

Looks like they're kneeling. Don't think they're midgets.
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Flashh: 9:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Lol @ the short stuffs!

Jealousy!

Where did you see midgets there? It seems you're blind not to know when someone kneels down.

7 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by banmee(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
ramdris:
Great indeed. We seems not to value our culture the way others do...

There is nothing special here. People who are not from a certain culture study that culture all the time. I speak spanish and passable german. I don't think spaniards and Germans go about shouting "we are the greatest" just because i and so many others do so.

2 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by shugaboy6102(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
One thing is for sure.those whites sure do know y they are keen on learning these languages.perhaps to spy and get a better understanding of what goes on around us

1 Like

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by ngoziama: 10:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
contactmorak:
According to Temitope Omotayo who shared the photo, the men and women pictured here are students of Yoruba language at University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.

"So if you are still ashamed of your culture and you feel reluctant to speak your language with your children then na you know o. If we don't teach our children our language. I am sure these new set of people who are passionate about learning the language will teach them. I am referring to Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Swahili & other African languages" he said

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/photo-these-white-students-are-students.html

Dont be so excited yet.i am sure they have other degrees than this yoruba language.moreso dont get over excited because the study could be beyond what you see so relax.

1 Like

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Awon Iyawo wa cheesy
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by ATERI(m): 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
knightsTempler:
cool
Lovely.

When the time is right , these people will be usefull to the US government in various capacity, some will sent to spy on our country, some will be sent to the US consulate, some will work as translators, etc.

You are the special one.
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Lionsclaw: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cute. Faces of those who will work with fbi cia interpol to interprete language phone calls.

Beautiful thing about warri broken english is that it is all about codes that are dynamic lol. And america seriously wishes to learn najia pidgin english but unfortunately its becoming more and more coded. For instance some yrs ago 'where my pepper' in waffi means where is my money. But today the same can be spoken as 'where my level' and unfortunately level could mean so many things , so the understanding becomes for both parties to decipher. Najia badt gon

2 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by thundey95(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
We study English and other foreign languages here too. No big deal! undecided

But they are not ashamed of their own culture, why are we ashamed of ours, most indomie Generation Children cant even speak their native language the way they speak English!
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by macino1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good one. Placing value in Africa culture
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by kachnov(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
No one should come and ask why we don't have white Igbo language students here o grin

3 Likes

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by siegfried99(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cool grin
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by gbastarlink: 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
contactmorak:
According to Temitope Omotayo who shared the photo, the men and women pictured here are students of Yoruba language at University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.

"So if you are still ashamed of your culture and you feel reluctant to speak your language with your children then na you know o. If we don't teach our children our language. I am sure these new set of people who are passionate about learning the language will teach them. I am referring to Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Swahili & other African languages" he said

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/photo-these-white-students-are-students.html

eje ka gbe asa wa laruge
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by knightsTempler: 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
ATERI:

You are the special one.

Thanks bro!!

And also the happy one. cheesy
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by ghostofsparta(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
When Yorubas of todays generation don't feel proud about their language, cultures and traditions, instead it is those of foreign lands they want to associate with.
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by scholes0(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Yoruba, a Real World Language .... with over 40 Million speakers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by komododragons: 10:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
contactmorak:

HMMM! they came to study a witchcraft language
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by Sarhyd(m): 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
But why is it that virtually all of them are short.. just curious grin
Re: White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) by saltoftheearth: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
OMO YORUBA NI MI O...SWAGGER..I GET TOO MUCH SWAGGER//FI MI LE ....... FIMILE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Or Sijuade Of Ife / 200-Year-Old Crocodile Showcased At Ero Okeliwo Festival In Ogun (Photos) / Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.