Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse (27604 Views)

PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / Omanbala Oil Rig Bridge, The Longest Bridge In South-East Outside Niger Bridge / A Disaster Waiting To Happen Tamburawa Bridge, Kano State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by metroparrot: 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nura Alkali shared the photo on Facebook this morning and wrote:

"This is Tamburawa Bridge in Kano, which is still in use. Rest assured that a sudden collapse resulting in fatalities will meet with "ikon Allah", "kwana ya kare". . . when, in fact, Allah told no one to disobey the laws of gravity. The engineer who came up with this temporary solution should be sacked and prosecuted for public endangerment.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/photo-tamburawa-bridge-in-kano-about-to.html

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by lekan29ice(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Oh my God! I just passed the bridge this morning... May God continue to safe us

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Chai, dis death trap Na Goodluck fault again?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
"Final destination 7" in the making...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by nedu2000(m): 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
It's low tide (water level drops)thats all.
Though admittedly I can't vouch for the bridge until I have a closer look,but it looks okay to me

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by free2ryhme: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by ask4double(m): 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
So much for the so called Nigerian society of engineers. This should not happen in a country where there seems to be the educated and professional class, under no circumstance. Nigeria will rise again. My generation will set things right again ( I belong to the 80s). We will turn our fortunes round for good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by free2ryhme: 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
na bridge be this

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hehehe... Arsenal is loosing ... Today is a good day grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by peemyke(f): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Diz is really bad
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by jieta: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
t
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Skako(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
every day by day Nigeria problem dey increase with no money

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mere looking at it should have told any common sense person that its collapse was only but a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by MrPresident1: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bridge of the gods
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Okemmuo(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
tomtween:
Chai, dis death trap Na Goodluck fault again?
Lol....Nope it's Saraki's fault[size=8pt][/size] grin angry angry grin
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by chimah3(m): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kai Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
ask4double:
See them angry
ask4double:
See them
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
free2ryhme:
na bridge be this

No now, na submarine.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Engineer123(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Blame the past and present governor for anything that happen.
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by allanphash7(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mehn! Arsenal don burn ticket

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by free2ryhme: 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No now, na submarine.

na submarine be this grin

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by taiwoonifatson: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Disaster looming

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by stevLegend: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
God is indeed great.. I was busy cooking my sunday chicken under the bridge without fear.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
metroparrot:

"This is Tamburawa Bridge in Kano, which is still in use. Rest assured that a sudden collapse resulting in fatalities will meet with "ikon Allah", "kwana ya kare". . . when, in fact, Allah told no one to disobey the laws of gravity. The engineer who came up with this temporary solution should be sacked and prosecuted for public endangerment.

funny...are u an Engineer??What do you know about Engineering...as u call it...it is a temporary solution...distributing the loads evenly...it is temporal not for long usage...it's just like ur tiny spare tire
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by davodyguy: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
OP are you an Engineer or have a little idea about engineering?

Those are piles supporting the bridge.

What should be done is shoring up the piles, through underpinning.

That bridge looks strong, judging by the columns/ piles in the image

What can make a bridge collapse is the load it carrys and volume of traffic. I'm not sure of the load the bridge carry's, since it's in kano

12 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
free2ryhme:

na submarine be this grin

You're alright mate, I like your style grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by nbright: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Chanji things
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by ANBAKO: 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jesus!!!

May God deliver us from evil and you are playing with evil (this bridge)

Do good for good to come your way
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by bunmioguns(m): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
shocked
Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Ahmeduana(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
metroparrot:

THIS IS THE SAME BRIDGE THAT 54 PASSANGERS PERISHED IN ALMOST 12 YEARS AGO, PROBABLY IS TIME FOR IT TO CONSUME NEW VICTIMS WHILE THE AUTHORITIES COULD HAVE RESCUE THE SITUATION.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by Ralphdan(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ah Na4 Zoo the bridge dey na grin
E no mata undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Tamburawa Bridge In Kano About To Collapse by thefakestan: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
I really don't understand what OP is trying to say.

ThefakeStan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello's Convoy Involved In An Accident In Abuja / Suicide Bomber Kills 5 Refugees In Borno State IDP Camp. Graphic Photo / Photos Of President Buhari With His Daughter And Grandchildren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.