Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (83320 Views)

"Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by EasternActivist: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

That loser want Ifeanyi Ubah to govern Anambra....This is an insult. There is a big difference between a business man and a technocrat....Anambra needs the later and Ifeanyi Ubah is not it!

He is daydreaming sire. Obiano administration is a blessing to us.
Him acting like this is really not representing the party well as it is obviously seen his action is against the progress of our dear state.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by figoperch: 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Pictures they say speaks louder than words, you can't compare one city states to Anambra, moreover the road is still under construction, read the writeup, they will install street lights after construction.

This is a road in Umueri area of this same Awka.

It seems the people around here are not humans to be neglected for so long

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jmichlins(m): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

And what is your point,exactly? Obiano is not working or that we should celebrate what is happening in our state?

Didn't Obi say he want to bring somebody who will perform better than him?? There you have it,Akpokuedike Aguleri!
let his work speak for him and not you paid goons. Believe me we know better am at nnewi and can tell you that something as basic as waste management is not well taken care of. Like i said earlier elections are two years ahead so let his works speak for him

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by donjazzydon: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
I know all you igbos admiring block and cement here are not daft about ur daughters being force into islam by the Abo.ki?
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ezeudu23: 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
AnamCity:

FG is handling the federal road from Onitsha to Awka.

And yet from umunya, pass igbariam is still not motorable.

Anambra has some of the best road networks in Nigeria,
truth
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
let his work speak for him and not you paid goons. Believe me we know better am at nnewi and can tell you that something as basic as waste management is not well taken care of. Like i said earlier elections are two years ahead so let his works speak for him

Next time go and run for the office and perform your miracle overnight....Even the almighty United States of America still have waste management challenges. You think these things happen overnight after many decades of negligence. For your information,there are plans in the pipeline to fix the problem but it won't happen overnight and Obiano won't finish solving our problems...That's what we need continuity...Stop thinking like a bush man in the village drinking palmy.

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by arresa: 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
[s]
NRIPRIEST:

Even Dubia with all the oil wasn't built overnight...Awka I a work in progress and you better cure your self of hate and jealousy because you might commit suicide by the time Obiano is done with Anambra.
[/s]

Rubbish...

5 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by figoperch: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
AnamCity:

Ok that is to you but to us and many others who see through development knows that Anambra is the best among equals. Anambra is the fastest developing state in Nigeria in all sectors. FG is handling the federal road from Onitsha to Awka. Anambra is developing State-widely unlike others. Anambra has some of the best road networks in Nigeria, below are some of state roads.

Oh boy, drive through Umuonaga, Umueri, Umuogbu, Ulonese, Umuike all within Awka metropolis and you will understand better. As busy as St Faith road is,there's no drainage and its just too narow. Just suitable for keke and okada. Tiny roads where 2 vehicles can hardly pass beside each other, tanks, dirt and filth used to fill eroded roads.

Darn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
figoperch:

This is a road in Umueri area of this same Awka.

It seems the people around here are not humans to be neglected for so long

This things will come around....We don't have a lot of money and we are facing numerous developmental challenges. The man is rubbing kobos together to do these works. Have some patience and give him a danm break! Nigeria is the most ignorantly educated country in the world!

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
All I want is best for my state, I care less on what will benefit me as political sycophant.

Pictures of Chukwuemeka Odemgwu Ojukwu university teaching hospital Awka,
Gov Obiano consolidating on his predecessor achievements, adding more structures, equipments, and modernizing the hospital

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
New Awka secured and clean

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jmichlins(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Next time go and run for the office and perform your miracle overnight....Even the almighty United States of America still have waste management challenges. You think these things happen overnight after many decades of negligence. For your information,there are plans in the pipeline to fix the problem but it won't happen overnight and Obiano won't finish solving our problems...That's what we need continuity...Stop thinking like a bush man in the village drinking palmy.
why i pointed out about the waste issue was because during the previous administration we never had such issues so i had expected him to continue in the same vein.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Rubbish...

Actually, I didn't expect you to say anything smart...A goat can't give birth to a lion....init?
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
More

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
More from COOUTH

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by figoperch: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
why i pointed out about the waste issue was because during the previous administration we never had such issues so i had expected him to continue in the same vein.

For almost a week, ASWAMA seemed to be on strike, filth everywhere, dirt littered every dump site in a massive way. Awka was smelling So bad.

Funny enough, i engaged some folks on why waste disposal has a lot of potential for private investors like it happens in other cities in Nigeria and they flared up saying they cannot pay #100 per room a month for waste disposal and i was disgusted. They say the govt must bear all the cost.

Then i got to realise there's a fundamental problem somewhere.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jmichlins(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
figoperch:

For almost a week, ASWAMA seemed to be on strike, filth everywhere, dirt littered every dump site in a massive way. Awka was smelling So bad.

Funny enough, i engaged some folks on why waste disposal has a lot of potential for private investors like it happens in other cities in Nigeria and they flared up saying they cannot pay #100 per room a month for waste disposal and i was disgusted. They say the govt must bear all the cost.

i know not about awka but nnewi is not a one week thing seem like lack of direction
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
New Awka

Any update from Greenwood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Yyeske(m): 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
OP is on point, passed through Awka yesterday and couldn't believe my eyes.

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
op, see my city, that's what's called modern city..stop that nonsense of calling a land-filling site a modern city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBAw8KlPLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:
op, see my city, that's what's called modern city..stop that nonsense of calling a land-filling site a modern city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBAw8KlPLE
Awka became captial 1991 before then it was ordinary town with no facility

5 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:

Awka became captial 1991 before then it was ordinary town with no facility

Rightfully, Awka, Abuja and Uyo are the fastest developing cities in Nigeria with solid infrastructures and decent architectures.

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
in awka ryt now and am seeing d developments...haters oya mechionu...

6 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
figoperch:

Nigerians want development on a platter of gold...no taxes,no law and order no responsibility,whatsoever. But they all claim to be educated...Just a bunch of irresponsible,lazy old fools.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
op, with open gutters everywhere...no water provision system...landscaping is lacking..air/sound pollution everywhere.no light...
the roads are of very substandard...infact awka is not for humanbeings. awaka for me is a true image of disorganised animal farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:
op, with open gutters everywhere...no water provision system...landscaping is lacking..air/sound pollution everywhere.no light...
the roads are of very substandard...infact awka is not for humanbeings. awaka for me is a true image of disorganised animal farm.
Hater what's the name of your state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:
the roads are of very substandard...infact awka is not for hu. waka for me is a true image of disanised animal farm.

You have changed gear! Awka and Abuja has got so much in common, modern housing and serenity. Do you know the place below? Abuja or Awka? wink

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
Hater what's the name of your state

abuja city

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by IGBOPRINCE: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

That loser want Ifeanyi Ubah to govern Anambra....This is an insult. There is a big difference between a business man and a technocrat....Anambra needs the later and Ifeanyi Ubah is not it!
ifeanyi ubah and andy ubah, am always confuse by their names. Which one owns capital oil? I guess is ifeanyi ubah. Hope am right?

Op nice one, the different is clear, but I want more, yes I need drastic and tremendous transformation in anambra state.
Cos one day, I will build my 3rd house in the east.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:

abuja city

Take it easy bro! One Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by IGBOPRINCE: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:

abuja city
my love,allow them to appreciates God for the little modern city he did in awka's transformations. in igboland,we love to appreciates our God for any little development in the east. So that s why op open a thread to thank God for awka modern city. Pls celebrate with them except you want to engage on tribal war. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday: Obasanjo Arrived In A Gold Rolls Royce / President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.