Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (83322 Views)

"Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by IGBOPRINCE: 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
AnamCity:

Take it easy bro! One Nigeria.
heheheh. One nigeria indeed. That is one of city in our new potential nation coming soon grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Rayhutar(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
A hater is posting a video of a City in Germany in comparison with Awka, can you imagine how daft and dump some people can be? grin

7 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rayhutar:
A hater is posting a video of a City in Germany in comparison with Awka, can you imagine how daft and dump some people can be? grin

my bad, i did not know that germany is home of gods and nigeria is home of dark baboons and dark monkeys, pardon my ignorance.
i'll by next time pay attention to details; always compare humanbeings with humanbeings and baboons with monkeys.
shameless dark animal, you're.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
AnamCity:

Ok that is to you but to us and many others who see through development knows that Anambra is the best among equals. Anambra is the fastest developing state in Nigeria in all sectors. FG is handling the federal road from Onitsha to Awka. Anambra is developing State-widely unlike others. Anambra has some of the best road networks in Nigeria, below are some of state roads.

Op wake up from your sleep. ENuGu is like ten years ahead of your "Capital." I've been to both cities even though i reside in Benin. once more Wake up!
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by naijen: 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
The picture of the road shown is a federal Road which obiano will claim back.. Just a portion from iyiagu end to aroma... Check out d linking roads within awka, u will be amazed at d floods ravaging the residents.. Like this evening... Zik avenue through amikwo, works area, obinagu are flooded... No drainage at all.... Is it the newly constructed nibo - okacha junction Road that Willie is working works unit patches every time and the flood in that road each time it's rains......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by IGBOPRINCE: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:

[s]my bad, i did not know that germany is home of gods and nigeria is home of dark baboons and dark monkeys, pardon my ignorance.
i'll by next time pay attention to details; always compare humanbeings with humanbeings and baboons with monkeys.
shameless dark animal, you're.[/s]
madam ur moniker is old(2007). Pls respects yourself and leave this thread. If you re deeply frustrated, pls cast them on fulani herdsmen.

We re humans here. We do things differently.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Awka is at per in development with Orlu in Imo State. Thats a bitter truth.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
[b]
arttysticfyngaz:

Op wake up from your sleep. ENuGu is like ten years ahead of your "Capital." I've been to both cities even though i reside in Benin. once more Wake up!

In 1900 the Southern Nigeria Protectorate was established by the colonial administration of the British Empire. The discovery of coal by the colonialists led to the building of the Eastern Line railway to carry coal from the inland city to the port of Port Harcourt, a city created for this purpose located 151 miles (243 km) south[14] of what was called Enugu Coal Camp. Enugu was then renamed simply Enugu and developed as one of the few cities in West Africa created from European contact. By 1958 Enugu had over 8,000 coal miners. As of 2005 there are no significant coal mining activities left in the city.

Enugu became the capital of the Eastern Region after Nigeria's independence in 1960; a succession of territorial adjustments in 1967, 1976 and 1991 led to Enugu becoming the capital of what is now Enugu State. On 30 May 1967 Enugu was declared the capital of the short-lived Republic of Biafra; for this Enugu is known as the "capital of Igboland.

Old Anambra State was created in 1976 from part of East Central State, and its capital was Enugu. A further re-organisation in 1991 divided Anambra into two states, Anambra and Enugu. Awka became capital in 1991[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Why are you always pained? cheesy

Do you know that Nnewi is at the same level with Owerri the imo state capital? But that is a FACT!

[s]
Abagworo:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Abagworo:
Otondo compare Orlu with Ekwulobia not even Nnewi can't be compared to Orlu

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
naijen:
The picture of the road shown is a federal Road which obiano will claim back.. Just a portion from iyiagu end to aroma... Check out d linking roads within awka, u will be amazed at d floods ravaging the residents.. Like this evening... Zik avenue through amikwo, works area, obinagu are flooded... No drainage at all.... Is it the newly constructed nibo - okacha junction Road that Willie is working works unit patches every time and the flood in that road each time it's rains......
APC sycophant can we see the pics of those areas you mentioned
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Your pictures are breaking his heart but kindly leave the clown for me. I know his antidote cool

FKO81:

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:

Based on pictures presented here as best of Awka plus my personal visits I know Awka and Orlu are at per in outlook and development. Nnewi equally has there kind of terrain but has no single dual carriageway making it look more like semi-urban than an actual township. Ekwulobia is like Nkwerre or Amaraku.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Awka fast developing

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Abagworo:

[s]Based on pictures presented here as best of Awka plus my personal visits I know Awka and Orlu are at per in outlook and development. Nnewi equally has there kind of terrain but has no single dual carriageway making it look more like semi-urban than an actual township. Ekwulobia is like Nkwerre or Amaraku[/s].
My friend face front I know you are psycho, go find your play mate

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
madam ur moniker is old(2007). Pls respects yourself and leave this thread. If you re deeply frustrated, pls cast them on fulani herdsmen.

We re humans here. We do things differently.

are you indirectly insinuating that i'm a old lady and thereby insulting my womanhood, clarify?
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Chai you are breaking his heart the more. I saw some people from Imo state that came to snap pix in Nigeria's Paris. Awka has made Owerri look like a village cheesy

FKO81:
Awka fast developing

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by IGBOPRINCE: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:

are you indirectly insinuating that i'm a old lady and thereby insulting my womanhood, clarify?
no my love. I didn't said so. What am saying is that, you re not a novice here on nairaland. Such thread shouldn't anger you. Just free them and let them be. That s all.

Cheers. My friend. One love .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
My friend face front I know you are psycho, go find your play mate
Your pictures depict under development and they are the best of Awka.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
AstraNetwork:
Chai you are breaking his heart the more. I saw some people from Imo state that came to snap pix in Nigeria's Paris. Awka has made Owerri look like a village cheesy

Bro by now you suppose to know I'm pro united Igbo pls don't drag me in, I just hate the gworo man that quoted me. peace!

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by cocu25(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
Awka is the capital of Anambra State, Nigeria with an estimated population of 301,657 As of 2006 Nigerian census,
Strategically, Awka is located midway between two major cities in Northern Igboland, Onitsha and Enugu which has informed its choice as an administrative center for the colonial authorities and today as a base for the Anambra State government. Awka before Obiano's administration was nothing to write home about, now things are changing gradually within two years of his administration, part of efforts to transform Awka as a modern city., In addition to the overhead bridges, Obiano’s government has started the construction of the three arms zone, a five –star hotel, a 5000 sitting capacity conference center and a shopping mall in the capital city. The governor said all the roads to be constructed by his administration would be complemented with street light to improve the skyline of the state capital.

Pictures of Awka before governor Obiano administration
.. New roads commissioned by peter Obi...
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
Obiano has in 2 years exposed Peter obi as an incompetent fraud. The same peter obi, master of propaganda is not trying to trick his way into the senatorial election but he must be stopped. I dont know why lalasticlala or whoever keeps pushing his thread to the frontpage.
Anytime I just remember obiano completed 4 standard bridges in less than 2 years, I just doff my hat for him. This is the first of its kind in Nigeria. Obiano is a visionary

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
cocu25:
.. New roads commissioned by peter Obi...
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
When I clicked on this thread I knew that you will be heartbroken whenever you stumble on it and here you are crying with envy and frustration cheesy

Now tell us why you villagers from Imo state now come here to take pictures as your closest Paris? The bitter truth is that Awka has made Owerri to look like a rural town. Fact! vvv cool

[s]
Abagworo:

Your pictures depict under development and they are the best of Awka.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
Of course I know that was why i said you should leave him to me to further break his heart the more.

FKO81:

Bro by now you suppose to know I'm pro united Igbo pls don't drag me in, I just hate the gworo man that quoted me. peace!

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
Awka is the capital of Anambra State, Nigeria with an estimated population of 301,657 As of 2006 Nigerian census,
Strategically, Awka is located midway between two major cities in Northern Igboland, Onitsha and Enugu which has informed its choice as an administrative center for the colonial authorities and today as a base for the Anambra State government. Awka before Obiano's administration was nothing to write home about, now things are changing gradually within two years of his administration, part of efforts to transform Awka as a modern city., In addition to the overhead bridges, Obiano’s government has started the construction of the three arms zone, a five –star hotel, a 5000 sitting capacity conference center and a shopping mall in the capital city. The governor said all the roads to be constructed by his administration would be complemented with street light to improve the skyline of the state capital.

Pictures of Awka before governor Obiano administration

In as much as awka is taking a new face. Let us tell ourselves the truth.

Of all the pictures u uploaded, the only change from peter obi's awka and obiano's awka is the flyovers and that express.

Is it ziks avenue? Is it amawbia? Or crunches, or la luna? Or the 5storey building housing emzor? Or the new CbN? Or udoka housing? Or ngozika? Or the teaching hospital?(amaku) or aurthor eze road? Just name it.

Ur post would have been nice and sweet if u had removed sentiments and then not comparing,

Every Damn thing on that pictures were started during peter obi's tenure by individuals(private sector) and completed when it was time for its normal completion, the only difference is that it spanned to obiano's tenure(obiano is working) YES.

Seriously, I don't know what u re celebrating, the fly overs? Or u just want to rubbish peter obi, I don't understand the point u were trying to make from ur write up.

6 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 7:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.
You are just a bitter loser and you need help. Even ifeanyi ubah you supported during the elections has thrown his weight behind obiano for second term. I guess you missed the memo. Stay here and be calling pictures half truths.. illiterate

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by OreMI22: 7:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
New Awka
What remains is streetlights.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

In as much as awka is taking a new face. Let us tell ourselves the truth.

Of all the pictures u uploaded, the only change from peter obi's awka and obiano's awka is the flyovers and that express.

Is it ziks avenue? Is it amawbia? Or crunches, or la luna? Or the 5storey building housing emzor? Or the new CbN? Just name it.

Ur post would have been nice and sweet if u had removed sentiments and then not comparing,

Every Damn thing on that pictures were started during peter obi's tenure by individuals(private sector) and completed when it was time for its normal completion, the only difference is that it spanned to obiano's tenure(obiano is working) YES.

Seriously, I don't know what u re celebrating, the fly overs
? Or u just want to rubbish peter obi, I don't understand the point u were trying to make from ur write up.
I can't remember mentioning former gov Peter Obi in all my posts except now, I hope you eyes clear
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Rayhutar(m): 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
teufelein:

my bad, i did not know that germany is home of gods and nigeria is home of dark baboons and dark monkeys, pardon my ignorance.
shameless dark animal, you're.
Yaba left
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

[s]In as much as awka is taking a new face. Let us tell ourselves the truth.

Is it ziks avenue? Is it amawbia? Or crunches, or la luna? Or the 5storey building housing emzor? Or the new CbN? Or udoka housing? Or ngozika? Or the teaching hospital?(amaku) or aurthor eze road? Just name it.

Seriously, I don't know what u re celebrating, the fly overs? Or u just want to rubbish peter obi, I don't understand the point u were trying to make from ur write up.[/s]
Yes, we are celebrating the flyovers, the new hotels and posh restaurants, supermarkets, parks, etc. Obiano has already exposed peter obi as a fraud. Anybody who visited awka 2 years ago and visits now and say there are no big changes is only lying to himself. Infact, even the traffic in Awka now will tell you something is happening there.. you lots like deceiving yourselves.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:
The cries of a pained APC loyalist...

APC is dead on arrival in Anambra state no amount of Ngige can revive it.

Anambra ejebe go live.
Op kudos.

That aroma axis is an enough testimony to how Awka has been upgrading in recent times...

Apparently, of all the pictures posted by the OP, the only thing done by obiano is that express road from amawbia junction to front of Govt house( which includes the three fly overs) apart from that, every other thing in thos picturs has been there way even b4 obiano, except, the buildings housing (Ansippa and awka development.............) and then the opening of that hyudia dealer outlet and the pizza fast foods, but the building housing them has been there b4 obiano, it was just renovated for its present purpose, apart from that tell me any new thing from those pictures that wasn't there b4 obiano.

Btw, I have lived in awka for 8yrs now. Currently I live @ udoka, I shuttle btwen Govt house to udoka almost on daily basis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday: Obasanjo Arrived In A Gold Rolls Royce / President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.