Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) (14143 Views)

10 Of The World's Most Venomous SNAKES (photos) / 15 Things Every Nigerian Will Remember About Reproductn Class In Secndry Sch. / 15 Things Only People Who Attended Obafemi Awolowo University Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by LMAyedun(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
Let me quickly register my presence here since its a SNAKE thread, na front page straight
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
What I haven't seen before is actually a snake's egg...
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by abercrombie(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
hmm.... space booked FP z allowed
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Kuronima: 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
CuteInBlack:
Lets imagine I ever encounter unhatched snake eggs( see Pix 10). what would be my reaction? undecided
A. Test your culinary skills and taste for foreign cuisine
B. Look for a large rock, warn them by screaming "incoming! Brace yourself! and Let it drop
C. Nurture them and let em GROW coz you never can tell when you'll need something poisonous close by
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Kuronima: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ravenna:
Chills..
Raven, you can have snakes for breakfast, why the chills?
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Kuronima: 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
JhimmySpark:
Never knew snakes lay up eggs. One bros once told me dat all snakes die during child birth. I asked y?.. He said dat the babies would pierce the sides of the mother to come when she is giving birth. As a result she will automatically die. Thank God for this thread, dat error has bin corrected. God bless u op.

Technically, the eggs of some snakes hatch within the mother so they are kinda born "live" but they never eat the mother... I think they call them ovovivaparous, not sure about my spelling though
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by rahulrana(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
Touching a snake is really a big task for me. cry
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by allytinted: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
AJA 4...GBERA!!!...Ejo n bo
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by x6blade(m): 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ok
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by JhimmySpark(m): 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
ibnquasale:

The bros is right... that attitude is only linked to vipers. Some believed it has to do with the lack of patience on the part of the babies
... Ohhh!!.. Now i know better. Thanks
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Ravenna: 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
Kuronima:
Raven, you can have snakes for breakfast, why the chills?
I ain't a raven.
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Evidence1000(m): 10:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
I'm just here to read comments.
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by ekuns1: 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
what on earth will I be doing around snake like this for crying out loud. hia!!!!!
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by hollistarMOB(m): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hmm speechless so snakes lay egg
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by hausadreturn(m): 12:54am On Mar 15, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
I hear there are no snakes in Ireland.
yea. Did u also hear that St. Patrick drove them away?
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by hausadreturn(m): 1:01am On Mar 15, 2016
I'm confused here. Is Anaconda no longer the largest, abi biggest snake in the world?
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2016
Interesting
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Lanceslot(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2016
hausadreturn:
I'm confused here.
Is Anaconda no longer the largest, abi biggest snake in the world?
Where did you hear/read otherwise?
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 15, 2016
Thanks for the info.

But guys check this out --->>>> click here
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Kuronima: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2016
Ravenna:

I ain't a raven.

That's ironic... Coz when I hear "Ravenna", I think of razor-sharp claws or maybe a wicked fairy grin
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2016
slevin1:
I'll argue the snake bite mortality rate anytime. Your information is wrong. The dense populated areas of India alone can boast of more than 30 deaths per area annually. These occur in mostly in farms and in homes. Check ur source again.
Don't mind him embarassed He's tryna shove a 'harmless pet' into our embrace undecided #yuck sad
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by SamjohnnyB(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2016
Like seriouly
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Ravenna: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2016
Kuronima:

That's ironic... Coz when I hear "Ravenna", I think of razor-sharp claws or maybe a wicked fairy grin
You're correct but i chose to be a beauty and not a witch.
;-)
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Kuronima: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ravenna:

You're correct but i chose to be a beauty and not a witch.
;-)
Ravenna the beauty, I see what you mean though you gotta admit that being bad is fun and the good ones tend to be viewed as boring. Would that be right?
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by gbens2000(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
I was had a snake stare at me for like 3minutes me thinking it was a stick cuz I was on call.it was just there and didn't even move the only thing I noticed that it left after my ganja finished burning.
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by 100Cents: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
JhimmySpark:
Never knew snakes lay up eggs. One bros once told me dat all snakes die during child birth. I asked y?.. He said dat the babies would pierce the sides of the mother to come when she is giving birth. As a result she will automatically die. Thank God for this thread, dat error has bin corrected. God bless u op.

The next thing you should do is to eat snake meat.

You need it bro..
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
thywobab:

9. THE SAINT LUCIA RACER IS THE RAREST SNAKE IN THE WORLD Sadly, this snake is rare because it's extremely endangered.

You mean " happily"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by JhimmySpark(m): 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
100Cents:

You need it bro..
... Lol.. Never would i do dat.
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by JhimmySpark(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
100Cents:

You need it bro..
... Lol.. Never would i do dat... By d way, wat does snake meat add to d body?.. Is it nutritious??
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by Chuksemi(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
It made fp already.
Re: 15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) by hausadreturn(m): 10:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Lanceslot:
Where did you hear/read otherwise?
it's a fact

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yabatech Part Time Newly Admitted Student Should Come In / Logos International Secondary School, Awomama Imo State / Cross River Varsity Shutdown Over Killing Of Student

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.