Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi (20348 Views)

Flashback: What Commissioner Of Police Joseph Mbu Did To Amaechi Under Jonathan / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by emamos: 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
A Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Etche Local government area, Chief Emma Anyanwu has disowned his first son, Charles Anyawu for allegedly leading a military raid on his home and community in Ulakwo.

Chief Anyanwu at a media briefing in his home town of Etche accused the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi for ‘misleading’ his son.

Charled Anyanwu has been estranged with his father. He was appointed a Special Adviser to former Governor, Rotimi Amaechi. After the founding of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Charles abandoned his father in the PDP to join Amaechi in the APC.

Amaechi also appointed Charles as the Caretaker Committee Chairman of Etche Local government area after which he was arrested along with 5 others for illegal possession of fire arms where they were arraigned at the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt.

However, The PDP Chieftain, Emma Anyanwu who is also a veteran journalist said, “I want to re-emphasize that Charles is no longer my son. He led the military into my house. But that is not even the case. He led the military to pull down the Ulakwo town hall which I owe my allegiance. He has been disowned for his behaviour. For destroying the town hall, he remains disowned. He doesn’t possess the qualities of the Anyanwu family. He has been stripped of all his rights,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/14/rivers-political-battle-pdp-leader-disowns-son-loyal-to-amaechi/

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by ikanodia(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by ikanodia(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
useless comments below

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
"PDP IS RIVERS, RIVERS IS PDP".

41 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by sammysammy111(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
oga dis days dis-owning no de rain again , na money de rule, u no de see orphans were people de run go associate with, I bet u , if dat boy hamma d papa go beg am

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Toktee(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nonesense,useless father.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by gunuvi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
No matter what, I'll never fight with my dad for anything. The best I'll do is to avoid him but to be used by anyone to face my father will never happen.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Tunami(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
all this boils down to money issues.
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by zik4ever: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
I hope this APC-PDP madness as it were will not destroy this country especially Rivers State. Others have moved on after the elections and court rulings but Rivers State in particular is being reduced to rivers of bloodletting, killing, kidnapping and cult violence, largely linked to politics. It is a pity that many people are risking their life on earth and even in eternity, for politicians whose typical priority and unspoken purpose is power, money and personal ambition/gratification. Some people even proudly describe themselves as e-warriors or e-sympathisers of politicians who shamelessly decamp and “re-camp” once their belly and body can be taken care of.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by babyfaceafrica: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
So what gain did the father get?..nuffin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Guyman02: 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Charles Anyanwu is a 'Fulani herdsman'. He can carry guns openly and be rewarded with appointment by Amaechi.
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
grin
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by henrydadon(m): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
they should go and ask tinubu how it is done
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by searay(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Disowning a ZOMBIE is just as disowning a waiting CALAMITY

5 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by fxseven(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
party divides a family
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by mile12crises: 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good riddance.

I rather disown my son than allow him bring the family to disrepute

10 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by coaco(m): 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Act of stupidity.
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Opinedecandid(m): 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
If not for anything else, in light of what Amaechi just did today in a radio programme, no right thinking father should encourage his son to associate with Amaechi.

Such evil character could be very contagious.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by 2sydoflyf(m): 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
When will this bitter politics stop in Nigeria?
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
hmmm who are dis noise makers? i dey class dey learn a ,b ,c ,d
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by worlexy(m): 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hahaha. Rivers Politics. I like Amaechi but the guy too dey talk like parrot making him to always vomit rubbish all the time, well it's understandable that he's still sulking on APC loss at the supreme court. Wike should make sure PDP wins Saturday's election sha if not...

2 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by elbinmanny(m): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
embarassed
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by texazzpete(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
LOL

I suppose some decades ago, being disowned was a tremendous blow to any man and this would have been seen as a mortal blow.

Now, in this day and age, this is probably no skin off the son's ar.se...especially since he's probably financially comfortable.

For destroying the town hall, he remains disowned. He doesn’t possess the qualities of the Anyanwu family. He has been stripped of all his rights,” he said.

LOL @ 'rights'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by maestroferddi: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
Wike all the way...

Amaechi is just wasting his time. He is deceiving uninformed outsiders that he has considerable clout.

Wike is completely in charge of the state. Amaechi should try again after 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by rawtouch: 2:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ok but since its a family matter I won't comment
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Rotimi should face his federal appointment let Wike be na.
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by andreernest28(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
SHIT HAPPENS
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by suasmablow(m): 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Disowning the son you had even before the formation of the PDP and APC is simply unfortunate and ill-informed.
This simply explains what politics has degenerated into especially in Rivers State.
So being one's son amounts to doing away with one's freedom of political association?
I still believe Charles can't just be lieing against His father even to the extent of daring to prove his allegations against him.
Let's watch keenly
There is sure more to this father and son drama
For now, Charles is yet to response to the disowning story from His father

8 Likes

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by daniska3yaro(m): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is a weird world seriously this remind me of the movie the godfather
Michael: Fredo, you're my older brother, and
I love you. But don't ever take sides with
anyone against the Family again. Ever.
Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by LesbianBoy(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
[s]
Toktee:
Nonesense,useless father.
[/s]

Re: Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi by nickxtra(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
When the son is appointed to a higher position of responsibility, the father will surely eat his words. Because of politics he is disowning his son. usless father

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Stop Saraki’s Removal As Senate President / President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl / Sani Omolori To Spend Five More Years As NASS Clerk After Retirement Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.