Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (92407 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Ruthbaro10(f): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
The commentator was high on something. he says and I quote" the Egytian air will have to get the ball back".
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by tellwisdom: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
All these ones are just amateur players as far as I'm concern. 90 mins and they are already believing they've won. Moses, foolish boi can't even position his ball to the net.. the number 4 guy is another mumu who for no accuracy in his shot..just shooting like person wey just swallow full bowl of eba.. Idiotas angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Ohaneche(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Buhari and his corruption team must probe the referee.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by baum1: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Irore:

Allowing Egypt to equalize at the last minute. Lousy and boring football by the eagles.Very uninteresting with all players always thinking of back pass at the touch of the ball. Nigeria football needs to improve seriously. Odegbami days are far better. Stop the back pass football and be sharp. If we can't win, we should at least entertain. Rubbish.

Oga Sir, na bros or father u go be ooh..Dem never born some of us when odegabmi dey play
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria is known for last minute concentration loss.

When I saw three minutes as extra time,I.knw anything could.happen.

If u want to.be happy.all time..never ever rely on super eagle.In fact they just spoilt my Easter celebration.

Victor mosses.leg were too heavy to have scored that goal on time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Sookul: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
You guys are crying because Egypt drew Nigeria, mtcheeew! . What about fuel scarcity? What about the electricity situation? What about deteriorating economy, naira on free fall? Which one I wan talk set. Nigerians need more than a match win at this time I swear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Goke7: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Siasia should have been more patient to allow iwobi have his debut in the second leg in Egypt. Moses simon was keeping Egypt very busy before he went off.

I hope siasia learn so fast. Football is becoming too psychological these days.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by dacovajnr: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
tbliss22:
But sorry to say, Siasia is a Big Fool!! Can u imagine test running players in a crucial match

U as a professional coach removing eyinacho and musa, sorry that destroys that match!!!
Who be eyinacho again haba! What's that your tribe again? angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Geofavor(m): 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
franciskaine:
What has mikel done again Dis hater of good things?
listen, i'm not hating. Nigeria should do away with mikel. Dude runs like a milipede. How many assists did he have today? What did he do to give us the win today?

The central midfielder is supposed to be someone agile. A playmaker. Someone swift. Not someone who's pattern of play has been configured for life to be defensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Irore: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
khalids:
That was a good game...its unfortunate that it ended in a draw....
Need some more work on that defence...they need to keep their concentration...
Good game...
Great job by Sia1

Praise singing. What's good about the match or job?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
ziccoit:
When is return leg coming up?
On Tuesday
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by baum1: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sookul:
You guys are crying because Egypt drew Nigeria, mtcheeew! . What about fuel scarcity? What about the electricity situation? What about deteriorating economy, naira on free fall? Which one I wan talk set. Nigerians need more than a match win at this time I swear

This is a football thread. There are already several threads on Nigeria's economic lamentations

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by hifaif1: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
awjomo:
please was that guy not off side?

No, he was not. He was onside. The defender nearest to him wasn't paying any attention. I understand why you might think he was offside. Sallah is a very fleet-footed player. The Nigerian defender closest to him should be blamed for not looking around to notice that Sallah was just beside him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by prinsam30: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
na today I no say na fools full for that NFF, how on earth would you play this match in Kaduna, even me wey I dey Kaduna dey feel the intensity of the heat up here, places like calabar and PH dey with good atmosphere and better weather condition not in the North wey heat wan kill person here.

Now this is the result, awón olosi jatì jatí

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by edi287: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sookul:
Go to another thread and talk about that.
This is a football thread

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Getikebusy(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lack of discipline (especially by some home base players) and loss of concentration in the defence.

Sia1 should gave removed Iheanacho for Iwobi and leave Moses Simon. Then substitute Ahmed musa later for Victor Moses.

I hope Iwobi gets more time in Egypt were the weather is favourable, because that young man is very intelligent and always looking for the ball. A very good 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by BlueMurder(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Disappointed we may be, but as far as I'm concerned, the Eagles played much better than they had done in years. So much energy particularly in the second half. Although that dead minute equalizer was a gut wrencher, who says we can't go to Cairo and win?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by hadaydoyin(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
baum1:

Guy, I think the game was balanced and we played well, especially in the second half.

Iheanacho was great, nice shots..Painful end

oh u min stupid Nd foolish shots. The Nigerian team that played today where all like dondies and plus wrong selection of players by the coach

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Ksslib(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Mr A: Super Eagles will win in Cairo.

Mr B: Haiti will host the next world cup.

Mr A: meaning?

Mr B: I thought we were listing impossible things.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by edi287: 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Goke7:
Siasia should have been more patient to allow iwobi have his debut in the second leg in Egypt. Moses simon was keeping Egypt very busy before he went off.

I hope siasia learn so fast. Football is becoming too psychological these days.
Agreed. He should've saved the last sub for injury time. Though if V Moses had scored, iwobi would've had an assist.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by aalangel(f): 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
You guys should not be angry. I actually conjured the match so Nigeria will lose. That will teach husby never to touch my soap opera ever!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by hifaif1: 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
[s]
Sookul:
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by kobonaire(m): 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria will defeat Egypt in Cairo on Tuesday
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by jamiuazeez(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
i wish these match end up 1:0 or 2:0..heart broken.i cannot recalled last super eagles winning match.Am not hapi.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by princejayboss: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
I pick alot of positive from this game,

1. If we can remove juju and who sabi person... The future is bright.... I can see young players having the hunger to succeed

2. First game with at middle level coordination in the field of play

3. We have moderate subs now

4. Unity in the team

5. The coach, if equipped we can play will play with flair

On the negative....

1. Nigeria should be ashamed of themselves that we don't have a stadium... Our leaders from 1960 to date should all be lined up and kill them ( including their families)

2. Mikel should play so deep again unless the forwards are willing to drop deep than stretching or when the opponent is play a high field defense.

3. We need to find a goal keeper .... The charging to salah goal was so poor and very predictable... He was poor positionally in all the Conner kicks and Ariel balls.

4. The backline is in shambles and we need fast work there.

5. Why taking this game to north?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Fadipeshet(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Though an offside goal,We have serious problem at the back line.Hope this will be fix before the next game on Tuesday.Generally, the performance was good , especially in the second 45mins.Just hope we can win at Cairo and top d group.
I love attacking football. Keep it up guys!
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by MrBONE2(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
prinsam30:
na today I no say na fools full for that NFF, how on earth would you play this match in Kaduna, even me wey I dey Kaduna dey feel the intensity of the heat up here, places like calabar and PH dey with good atmosphere and better weather condition not in the North wey heat wan kill person here.

Now this is the result, awón olosi jatì jatí
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by edi287: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
The goal was onside. Number 6 guy played Salah on.

The ref did us a favor by ending the game when he did...They would've scored a second.
Etebo needs to stop taking pot shots.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by kobonaire(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ksslib:
Mr A: Super Eagles will win in Cairo.
Mr B: Haiti will host the next world cup.
Mr A: meaning?
Mr B: I thought we were listing impossible things.
Ha ha .... funny guy!
Our Eagles will win!! It is better that they are two points behind Egypt in the group and so they will play for a win on Tuesday!
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016

Oboabona feighing injury was the genesis of that goal. At 90th minute with our goalkeeper with the ball, Oboabona went down in front of our box pretending to be injured. So the goalkeeper played the ball into touch in our area, whereas he should have kicked it far into opposition's half without Oboabona's trying to waste time at the wrong part of the pitch.

The other guy raising his hand instead of looking at the offide line is the second person to blame. That is pure inexeperince. I guess he is a home based. Echejiele would have read the situation better. How can he assume Salah was offide when he didn't watch his co-defeders?

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by baum1: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
hadaydoyin:

oh u min stupid Nd foolish shots. The Nigerian team that played today where all like dondies and plus wrong selection of players by the coach

No, I'm talking about the on-target shots..The Egyptian goalkeeper parried some, remember Musa's own, not the first one, the one he took minutes before leaving..

If we had won, the issue of wrong selection would not have come up..The challenge I see is the loss of concentration towards the end, i.e. 3 mins more....I too thought it was offside, that was why they left Salah to himself.

It's painful because we could have won this match
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by hifaif1: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
aalangel:
You guys should not be angry. I actually conjured the match so Nigeria will lose. That will teach husby never to touch my soap opera ever!!

Why are you selfish!!! Don't you watch the soap operas every time it is shown?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Mama Arsenal: Hassan Nasimot Amoke Awarded N250, 000 For Her Passion (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Hushpuppi: Who Wore It Better? / Kinsey Wolanski Invades Liverpool Vs Tottenham Champions League Final Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.