Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos (15624 Views)

NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills / Fashola Flags Off Distribution Of Free Pre-Paid Meters In Sokoto (pics) / FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by tonio2wo: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Dem never give the light finish dem wan collect money
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by adekzy: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2016
The government is responsible for the generation of electricity while the Disco are just the distributing end.

The disco can't distribute what is not generated by the government hence the blaming of the Government rather than the disco.

Just an order won't give us constant electricity, Fashola is just full of buffoonery at his job.

Sijo01:

Is his ministry not in charge of regulating their activities? If he can give orders for prepaid meters to be distributed, can't he give the order for them to give constant power supply to consumers

Don't let that a-hole confused you with his defense, you actually right to the point.[/b]

AZeD1:

You do know that power generation is in the hands of private companies not the government?
,[b]
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Tex42(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2016
All talk and no action... How does he intend to enforce this.

1 Like

Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by banio: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2016
In my area our power for the whole month does not exceed 20hrs, so this prepaid will be very good. At least I might use #5K in a whole year, that's if DISCOs continue in their ways

1 Like

Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by chinchum(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Sijo01:
Will pre-paid meters guaranteed constant light Work on power generation, prepaid meter can follow later. What's the need of mounting meter when electricity is not guaranteed.
Unless you plan to cheat the system, prepaid meters is the first priority. It is more annoying paying for what you didnt use. The irony of this power problem is that there are some customers who do not want the prepaid meter to work, because they are cheating the system.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by AZeD1(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2016
Sijo01:

Is his ministry not in charge of regulating their activities? If he can give orders for prepaid meters to be distributed, can't he give the order for them to give constant power supply to consumers
He can give orders for prepaid meters because you can cheat the customer with estimated billing same way NCC can mandate telcomm companies to register the users but can't mandate them to build a mast or a base station.

1 Like

Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by AZeD1(m): 11:13am On Mar 15, 2016
adekzy:
The government is responsible for the generation of electricity while the Disco are just the distributing end.

The disco can't distribute what is not generated by the government hence the blaming of the Government rather than the disco.

Just an order won't give us constant electricity, Fashola is just full of buffoonery at his job.

Don't let that a-hole confused you with his defense, you actually right to the point.[/b]

,[b]
How many generating stations are owned by the government?
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by chinchum(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2016
adekzy:

,[b]
You are ignorant and you are referring to someone as ashole. !

Governemnt is no more in charge of generation and distribution, it is only the transmission part of the power supply chain that is left in the hands of govt.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Tonydeeb(m): 11:19am On Mar 15, 2016
Good development!.
My fear however is what lies the fate of buildings with over 10 rooms Aka Face-me-I-Slap-You...which in my experience the the majority of buildings we have scampered about in trolls all over Lagos, Ogun etc etc
From what I've seen so far from peeps using this system in my neighbourhood?, there've been incessant arguments in these places, even some so-called flats where Mr A, would refuse contributions all because he does not stay in-doors, he comes home late at night and in most cases do not even get to use the light when he arrives at night...
...and Mrs B, saying Mr A has got to pay because he has so many gadgets in his building which sucks the meter units faster than what she uses in 3days within 5 mins.
Arguments every now and then...It's just not gonna work in these cases, the solution however, I can't think of.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by dragunov: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2016
blackprowler:
Let me assure all Nairalanders once again that we don't have any real problems in this country other than that which people are sabotaging the solution to. It is people who are responsible for making light available and properly billed. The number of people who have a stake in the continued backwardness of Nigeria are too many in number and too high up in positions where they can carry out such evil. Cry, my beloved country; Nigeria is a joke!

PS: pls note that I am an engineer and have a particular interest and knowledge about power and electricity issues
Dude that was succinctly put. You are the first nairalander I have seen use his intellect.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by dragunov: 11:40am On Mar 15, 2016
Tex42:
All talk and no action... How does he intend to enforce this.

Asko ooooooh! Question begging answer. Go ask the reigning demon in your village. He will give you the answer.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Sijo01(f): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2016
AZeD1:

He can give orders for prepaid meters because you can cheat the customer with estimated billing same way NCC can mandate telcomm companies to register the users but can't mandate them to build a mast or a base station.

Noted!
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by sasxy(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
better
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Tex42(m): 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
dragunov:
Asko ooooooh! Question begging answer. Go ask the reigning demon in your village. He will give you the answer.
I bet u'll accompany me to see the demon.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
I have old analog meter working perfectly but I'm being given estimated bill. It is now over three months since I paid for prepaid meter, I'm still awaiting my meter. And yet, my energy bill keeps going up every month by N7,000 despite NERC order that if you paid for prepaid meter and you are not given that meter within 60 days, your monthly estimated bill should be stopped, and without disconnecting your power supply.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by dragunov: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
Tex42:
I bet u'll accompany me to see the demon.
Nah! Don't think so. I'm not from your village now!
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Stanbeto: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
We are waiting o
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by tempest01(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is what you should have done before increasing tariff if you knew your onions....now they would be lazy about it.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by EastanPower(m): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rexnegro:

is it not better that way that at least Your credit will remain intact if no light than those idiotts bringing crazy estimated bills to You at the end of the Month ? imagine our own last Month bill they brought 18k+ last Month that we didn't use light accumulated up to 1week. assuming we have metre now that 18k suppose reach us for at least 3month with constant supply of light....

Very correct.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Heart2heart(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
maasoap:
I have old analog meter working perfectly but I'm being given estimated bill. It is now over three months since I paid for prepaid meter, I'm still awaiting my meter. And yet, my energy bill keeps going up every month by N7,000 despite NERC order that[b] if you paid for prepaid meter and you are not given that meter within 60 days, your monthly estimated bill should be stopped, and without disconnecting your power supply[/b].

please i need a link to where NERC made this statement. I need to pull some greety folks out now.....
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
PHCN story in summary

- Nepa gets privatised,PHCN comes on board

- PHCN report running @ loss, recommends pre-paid metres to mitigate the shortfall

- Some cunny Nigerians Obtained prepaid meters BUT bypass bout 60% of the house gadgets direct to the grid I.e pre-paid metre works for just 40% of the total home gadgets.

- PHCN finds out and stops advocating prepaid meters....then steadily increase charges for those without prepaid to cover for the sins of the pre-paid customers.

- post-paid metres for now seems the best way for phcn to get their cash but the subscribers using postpaid metre scream coz of the crazy "estimated charges"

- FG ORDERS PHCN to provide prepaid metres for Nigerians

#conclusion: Its a Fight between Phcn issuing pre-paid metre & the Integrity of Nigerians to comply & not tamper with the connection.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Pangea: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
The prepaid meter is the absolute first.
If everyone is metered
There will be no more free money for the disco
They will be forced to give power to the people.
What that means is that if no power is transmitted to your home, the power company gets zero naira.
Hence they will be forced to continue to earn their keep.
No power , no salaries for them!
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by ikdaddy01(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
All this onevna washhhh.
Where em deh since. Because we re shouting, now he wants us to believe something
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by ozoemenaca: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Not just order please Mr Fashola give them a time frame with which they must supply every consumer with prepaid meter. Eko Disco is really dealing with us with their crazy bill every month. Mr. Minister please come to our aid.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Adadio: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
[url][/url]
engrkenny:
Ordered them with words of mouth? Part of the agreement for the multi year tariff order is that all customers must have been metered by 2014, we're already in 2016, tariff is increasing ceaselessly....meter we haven't seen, the EEDC recently started started a scheme that'd have people advance huge sums for meters, with a shady legal document that absolves them of all responsibilities and liabilities for whatever they're supposedly bringing. I keep praying it doesn't turn out to be a 21st century grand scam, the way things are no one
would even question them.
Who is fooling who?I was at the EEDC office at Umuahia to question a bill of N45000 sent by the gangsters called Enugu Electricity Distribution Company owned by who else but Emeka Offor.The billing manager,one dark looking monster was so very rude.They will not provide metres,they will not bring power but they know how to arbitrarily send spurious bills to their customers.What kind of country is this.This is a hell hole really.I spit on them.What nonsense.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Favolly(f): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
Lol

The discos know that if everyone has prepaid meters, that's the end. Their businesses will shut down ni yen. Who will bear the cost of all that energy that Nigerians will be stealing daily?
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by joseph1832(m): 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Favolly:
Lol

The discos know that if everyone has prepaid meters, that's the end. Their businesses will shut down ni yen. Who will bear the cost of all that energy that Nigerians will be stealing daily?

Madam, what are you advocating?
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by maasoap(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Favolly(f): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Madam, what are you advocating?
I'm still brainstorming on a workable solution o
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
Adadio:
[url][/url]
Who is fooling who?I was at the EEDC office at Umuahia to question a bill of N45000 sent by the gangsters called Enugu Electricity Distribution Company owned by who else but Emeka Offor.The billing manager,one dark looking monster was so very rude.They will not provide metres,they will not bring power but they know how to arbitrarily send spurious bills to their customers.What kind of country is this.This is a hell hole really.I spit on them.What nonsense.

They didn't ask you to fill form and pay for meter under their CAPMI scheme??
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by Origin(f): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
Thank you for this, sir.

Please can the ministry sensitize the public through free media on the composition, structure and responsibilities of the GENCOs and the DISCOs.

Can the ministry make available a complaints board or set procedures for addressing wrong doings by these companies.

Will the ministry regulate these companies.

This will help Nigerians apportion blame accordingly. Personally I am interested in their top management and board members because when a company under performs, I want to know its leadership.
Re: Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos by adeokanmi(m): 6:28am On Mar 16, 2016
Naa waa ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Election: I’m Declaring By October 1 – Fayose / Wike At The 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day In Rivers (Photos) / We’re Still Searching For Fighter Jet That Went Missing About 6 Months Ago – NAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.