Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,034 members, 7,859,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government (500 Views)

Governor Aregbesola Submits List Of Commissioners After Two Years In Government / Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo / Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by SirDavico(m): 12:58am On Mar 15, 2016
Hello N'Landerscheesycheesycheesy

I've got a proposal to make.
But first...
Think about this:
Companies employ only qualified personnel for all Job Positions. Why?
It's obvious, right?
So, lets get a little bit imaginative, shall we?
Just Imagine that our beloved country is a company...
- The Company Staff, of course, are our Government Officials.
- The Employers, of course, are we the Electorate.
So, applying the aforementioned principle in Government....
Don't you think it might help if...
A new law is passed in Nigeria which would say....
1. All Presidential and Gubernatorial Candidates must hold at least a Bachelor's Degree in either Political Science Or Public Administration.....

2. All Ministers and Commissioners must Possess a Minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) in their respective fields of Ministry and Commission...
?
What do you think?
You can add Your Own Ideas.
#Pray4naijA
#naijaGObeta
Re: A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by odimbannamdi(m): 1:23am On Mar 15, 2016
Bros, to a very great extent, Nigeria is battling with corrupt and sharp practices. Efficiency will take place when these corrupt practices are curbed to a great degree. So, the focus shouldnt be on academic qualifications alone. Transparency and accountability are very important too.

Meanwhile, kindly stop being childish and write your post in a more matured way. Your signature shows that you do not have sponge in place of a brain in your head
Re: A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by SirDavico(m): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Bros, to a very great extent, Nigeria is battling with corrupt and sharp practices. Efficiency will take place when these corrupt practices are curbed to a great degree. So, the focus shouldnt be on academic qualifications alone. Transparency and accountability are very important too.

Meanwhile, kindly stop being childish and write your post in a more matured way. Your signature shows that you do not have sponge in place of a brain in your head

Thank You. Advice noted. But my style of writing was meant for comic effect. And I'm sorry it did't achieve it's intended goal.

BTW, apart from Transparency and Accountability, Accademic Qualification Is our Next bet for Efficiency In Govt. If a Top Govt official isn't versed in his/her field of duty, no matter how accountable and transparent he/she may be, his/her more learned and dubious subordinates may try to take advantage of his/her Ignorance to exploit the nation.
Re: A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by odimbannamdi(m): 11:37am On Mar 15, 2016
SirDavico:

Thank You. Advice noted. But my style of writing was meant for comic effect. And I'm sorry it did't achieve it's intended goal.

BTW, apart from Transparency and Accountability, Accademic Qualification Is our Next bet for Efficiency In Govt. If a Top Govt official isn't versed in his/her field of duty, no matter how accountable and transparent he/she may be, his/her more learned and dubious subordinates may try to take advantage of his/her Ignorance to exploit the nation.

Sorry if i sounded harsh even though i know you were only being humorous. But Nigeria's present problems is not one that should be taken on a lighter note or handled with kids gloves

Of course academic qualifications are important for an efficient course, but the need for the qualities i aforementioned is indispensable. Academic qualifications are very easy to get but not transparency, honesty and accountability. If you doubt me, make a call for 100 political scientist and you would get 1,000. but test their integrity and you would be disappointed

I would prefer to get an honest man who knows nothing about my business and groom him till he becomes an expert and handle my business than get an expert whose integrity is in doubt.
Re: A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by SirDavico(m): 10:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Sorry if i sounded harsh even though i know you were only being humorous. But Nigeria's present problems is not one that should be taken on a lighter note or handled with kids gloves

Of course academic qualifications are important for an efficient course, but the need for the qualities i aforementioned is indispensable. Academic qualifications are very easy to get but not transparency, honesty and accountability. If you doubt me, make a call for 100 political scientist and you would get 1,000. but test their integrity and you would be disappointed

I would prefer to get an honest man who knows nothing about my business and groom him till he becomes an expert and handle my business than get an expert whose integrity is in doubt.

If I say I don't agree with you, I would be lying. You're very right. I love your open mindedness. I'm impressed. Thank you and Good evening.
Re: A Nairalander's Proposal For Efficiency In Government by odimbannamdi(m): 8:22am On Mar 16, 2016
SirDavico:

If I say I don't agree with you, I would be lying. You're very right. I love your open mindedness. I'm impressed. Thank you and Good evening.

You welcome pal.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sead / Advise To Rivers Youths Before You Go Out To Vote / Dasuki Refused To Be Brought To Court − Efcc’s Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.