Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari (30693 Views)

My Govt Not Marginalising South-east, Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) / NNDC: Oil, Gas Exploration To Commence In The North-east By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by omojeesu(m): 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
I think it would be another wasteful venture!
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by tickles2luv2016(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Tunami:
buhari is giving hope to
the hopeless almajiris.

na because of people like u buhari wan explore other areas to get oil,before now i thought it was only niger delta that has oil but i now know that the north has capabilities too cos over reliance on niger delta oil wont take us anywhere in dis country.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Gamesmart: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Standing5:
Time and money used for oil exploration could av been used for agriculture. Stop feigning stupidìty here. It isn't funny. Plus oil exploration has gulped trillions without results. It is a gamble.

Are you so daft to understand that it is not government money that is used for discovering oil?

Are you so daft to understand that the money government makes from just the oil licence alone, not even profit, can be put into agriculture?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by jaybee(f): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
donguutti:

As an intelligent fella , i assume you know that the Federal government Contributions to Oil exploration and Production
(JV cashcalls, exploration) is not captured in the Fed budget but in NNPC budget,On the issue of contribution to FRONTIER exploration
i would urge you to look at The MTEF 2016-2018, Page 23, Line item 61, its named FRONTIER EXPLORATION SERVICES, 40 Billion p/a approx over
period....

i would urge you to look at The MTEF 2016-2018, Page 23, Line item 61, its named FRONTIER EXPLORATION SERVICES, 40 Billion p/a approx over
period...

link please.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by ceejay4real(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari is indeed a fooolll! I regret ever voting him. NONSENSE!!!!!!
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Tunami(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
tickles2luv2016:

na because of people like u buhari wan explore other areas to get oil,before now i thought it was only niger delta that has oil but i now know that the north has capabilities too cos over reliance on niger delta oil wont take us anywhere in dis country.
are u through or u still have more to say?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by maxtamazin: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nice one there.

This is a President with a Vision for the Country. If only, the Cabals everywhere will just let him work, because for every 3 steps this man takes forward, there are those that will pull him back one step.

You will get there Mr. President.

We the real Nigerian's don't regret our votes for you.

Seriously, Are you daft? With all the problems going on in this country, do we need another waste of money? Why do we need to spend another billion of dollars for oil exploitation while the one we have are not sold.

I thought Nigeria was broke.....why not use the money for meaniful projects like educating the illiterates in the North, maybe we will have peace in Nigeria.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by caphone: 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
I don't know why I find it difficult to sometimes believe this media pipu. Buh all in all if that's true its a welcome idea buh truelly you need to diversify the economy first to be up and running then to talk about oil exploration again cuz its all for betterment and development of our country
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by obstead200(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nice one there.

This is a President with a Vision for the Country. If only, the Cabals everywhere will just let him work, because for every 3 steps this man takes forward, there are those that will pull him back one step.

You will get there Mr. President.

We the real Nigerian's don't regret our votes for you.

Pure rubbish!!!!

he shud Just make sure he does not waste our scarce resources in exploring oil in those areas he mentioned. He shud invite investors and prospectors to bid for the exploration rights.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by nativefowl(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
Pwayne2016 post=43782727]This man is really a curse to humanity...looking for oil in dried sahel desert Land that is only good for human skull and terrorism...Tunda faya Buhari

Saudi arabia, niger republic, kuwait, iraq, iran, chad, etc are mostly deserted lands and yet this countries produce more oil than your sea's in d south mr dumb ass.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Ojiofor: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari wants to discover oil in BH territory?
In mama P voice''''''''''' there is god o in this money you are wasting.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Amoto94(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
maxtamazin:

Seriously, Are you daft? With all the problems going on in this country, do we need another waste of money? Why do we need to spend another billion of dollars for oil exploitation while the one we have are not sold.

I thought Nigeria was broke.....why not use the money for meaniful projects like educating the illiterates in the North, maybe we will have peace in Nigeria.
Why is the highly educated Southerners are having criminals and crime rate is soaring if illiteracy is the cause of the problem of the North? The problems we Nigerians are facing is well known to us and we should stop this North vs South brouhaha, it is sickening and retrogressive
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Progressive01(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Animals do have respect for goats but progressive cockroaches don't.. Where do you belong brother? cheesy grin
I don't know about roaches, perhaps you may ask someone down your bloodline.

I aint the one calling you a Goat dude, you say you are a Goat, a sycophantic one for that matter. grin

How does it feel being a Goat bro? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by SycophanticGoat: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Progressive01:
I don't know about roaches, perhaps you may ask someone down your bloodline.

I aint the one calling you a Goat dude, you say you are a Goat, a sycophantic one for that matter. grin

How does it feel being a Goat bro? cheesy

Only cockroaches know how it feels so ask someone down your bloodline... grin cheesy
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by TruthisGOD: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
jaybee:

Pathetic. Pathetic indeed.

Most comments on this thread make a f00l of Nigerian youths.

Just think of it.

What is 'diversification'? what does of mean in the context of Nigeria's economy?

Does it meat jettisoning what you have (in this case oil and gas), while embracing what you don't have (like the proverbial, and improperly defined, agriculture; mining, etc) ?

To understand 'diversification', all you need is to define it. Any dictionary should provide such definition. Diversification is simply the act of introducing a variety (in our case, in investments, and production of goods and services); instead of investing mainly in the oil and gas. it does not connote zero investment in oil and gas and 100% investment in other sectors. Remember that Nigeria already has huge investments in oil and gas to leverage on. After all have you ever heard that a bird at hand is worth two in the air?

The concern on timing for investment in oil and gas exploration in Nigeria now is highly misplaced and shows ineptitude of the highest order, if not outright mischief. Just think of it, the crude oil being produced Nigeria today (which was sold as high as $146 in the recent past), at what price was crude oil when the exploration was done? The exploration was undertaken in the 80s and early 90s (oil exploration and production is a long gestation investment) when crude oil was at its lowest around $9 - $14. This is a good time to invest when the price is low and the cost of exploration is also low. When the price rises, the cost of exploration will be high and making the investment decision will become more difficult. it makes economic sense.

Finally is the money for this so-called frontier exploration in the budget? this i strongly doubt. If it is there, someone should please show, not tell me. Which means as usual, government only facilitates these activities, and does not really put in tax payers' money directly into it. Mostly, the investors put in their heard-earned hard currency and takes all the risks in anticipation of commercial hydrocarbon discoveries that would permit them to recover their money in a long time in the future.

It is highly unfortunate that people like you didn't go through our budget break down b4 coming online to talk. Yes, Buhari earmarked 30 billion for oil exploration in Chad. Coming to your argument on cheap exploration regarding the oil price, no oil company will explore for new field when oil price is very low! The cost of equipment, seismic, floaters, drilling ship, barges, casing, bits, BHA are relatively the same irrespective of oil price. The only factor that depends on oil price is the number of personnel in the field. Even their salaries are the same. No oil company will embark on oil exploration when the probability of capital expenditure outweighs the revenue.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Progressive01(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Only cockroaches know how it feels so ask someone down your bloodline... grin cheesy
You must be a very shy Goat.. Just a simple enquiry and you thrashing and bleeting all over the place.

Which of the species are you? Those whose smell you could perceive from a mile away or the "gudali" type? grin
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by SycophanticGoat: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
Progressive01:
You must be a very shy Goat.. Just a simple enquiry and you thrashing and bleeting all over the place.

Which of the species are you? Those whose smell you could perceive from a mile away or the "gudali" type? grin

I don't relate with cockroaches, no offence... cheesy
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
we hope this assurance will not end up in denials just like the 5000 he promised jobless and poorest of d poor in nigeria
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by frenchboy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
D man has won alreadyd way dey said gej cannot lose cos God put him there...pmb given ipod headache since may 29 2015
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by DauraDullard0(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Finding oil in the North does not mean secession.

They still have to export the oil. And while there are plans for a trans Saharan pipeline....transit fees must be paid with that eventuality.

A united Nigeria means that the North has free access to the sea to export the oil.

Chad that produces oil has to pay Cameroon for the privilege to pass a pipe to export it. Not fair.
You're not completely right.

1. It has always been the dream of the North to discover oil.

2. Immediately they discover oil in the North, trust me they will be gone in a minute.

3. They simply have to weigh the fees involved in using Biafran seaports to export their oil and what revenues are accruable to them as a region as opposed to sharing same with the rest of a united Nigeria.

4. If you were in their shoes, what choice would you make?
(a). Key into an already existing disintegration agenda and enjoy your newfound wealth alone.
(b). Continue with the existing structure and get minimal value for their newfound oil.

Last Bullet- The North will definitely pull out once they discover oil in commercial quantities. That's why they're desperate to find oil. Nigeria's unity has always been hinged on oil from Biafra.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by engrsoma(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
You shall explore but you shall not find.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by MyGeneration(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
DauraDullard0:
You're not completely right.

1. It has always been the dream of the North to discover oil.

2. Immediately they discover oil in the North, trust me they will be gone in a minute.

3. They simply have to weigh the fees involved in using Biafran seaports to export their oil and what revenues are accruable to them as a region as opposed to sharing same with the rest of a united Nigeria.

4. If you were in their shoes, what choice would you make?
(a). Key into an already existing disintegration agenda and enjoy your newfound wealth alone.
(b). Continue with the existing structure and get minimal value for their newfound oil.

Last Bullet- The North will definitely pull out once they discover oil in commercial quantities. That's why they're desperate to find oil. Nigeria's unity has always been hinged on oil from Biafra.
If its so let us pray they do so they wud leave as fast as possible.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by bukqar(m): 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
ITbomb:
When you get the oil, where una go sell am to.

I won't be surprised if I see military protecting small refineries in the north while destroying the ones in the south
see what u are saying here was the south when its only groundnut and cocoa maintaining the country economy this same two commodities make up to build up the refineries u the Southerners are now been baraging with now. and same Buhari and Sir Muhammadu Bello built all the refineries. so we the north we are very ok even without the oil and we don't envy any bodies achievement.WE ARE RATIONAL.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by bukqar(m): 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ojiofor:
Buhari wants to discover oil in BH territory?
In mama P voice''''''''''' there is god o in this money you are wasting.
FRIEND THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCOVER THE OIL IS ALREADY THERE AND A VERY HEAVY CRUDE AS THE ONE IN SAUDI ARABIA.IF U LIKE GO HUGE HIGH TENSION CAGE POLE tongue
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Ojiofor: 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
bukqar:
FRIEND THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCOVER THE OIL IS ALREADY THERE AND A VERY HEAVY CRUDE AS THE ONE IN SAUDI ARABIA.IF U LIKE GO HUGE HIGH TENSION CAGE POLE tongue
I was only joking I wish you can find enough reserve of crude oil in your desert land with the hope discovery of oil in your region will make self determination attractive to your people.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by netinformat(f): 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
2sexycom:
Buhari will definitely lose 2019 election, before it even begins.

Where there is no light, no fuel, job losses, Fulani killings, dollar is 305 to naira, he travels too often, investors fleeing the country, businesses are shutting down... refineries are in comatose.

This is the best Buhari can come up with.

I regret ever supporting this man honestly.

P.S: Those saying I never supported Buhari, I believe @Chibenze, Rozayx5 and Ideology can bear me witnesses.

I don't attach sentiments where logic and objectivity is needed.
If at all u supported d old man as u claim, I believe u gave him 4 years mandate & not 10 months...
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by jpphilips(m): 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
Amoto94:
If you're as an educated "Southerner" can spew this thrash then I believe your education is nothing but mere paper qualifications. How do you diversify when there is no money to do diversification, and do you want an IMF or WB loans that'll give stringent conditions that will hurt the populace and enrich the cabals? Oil will still be an essential commodity for the next 100years and the government needs to find more reserves to replace the depleted reserves since oil is not a renewable product. South Sudan said Sudan were the cause of their problems because of oil, but we all can see that's not the case after South Sudan decided to separate and the rest is known to those who reflect

I don't see much knowledge in your post either, no country can replace depleted oil reserves, the best you can do is a workover to boost output levels. The best ways to make more money in this current times are an investment in downstream or exploration of new reserves, the former is very attractive but capital intensive while the later is capital intensive and unattractive to investors who are torn between investing huge to reap little.

Mr president's decision to adopt the later is not a bad idea completely, where I have a concern is the region where this exploration is made. It can not be in our national interest, it seems to me like an extension of North vs South bickering, either ways, it is not in our interest as a nation especially now that we are strapped to economic uncertainties.

I know Kachikwu is desperate to strike the 2.8mbbl mark but the lake Chad basin? This area has been marked by the parent Al Qaeda as a caliphate of AQIM and they have been fighting relentlessly to reclaim it, it is worthy to note that we are making progress in the fight against insurgency but just like the name, it is an unconventional warfare, when they are emboldened they attack your formations, when you degrade them, they "hit and run", that can be a tough challenge even for the best military in the world.

The US did not completely neutralize the Taliban despite several years of trying with the best military toys in the world. The point here is that Boko haram will forever live with us, they will be degraded but can not be eliminated because they sustain their tempo from an ideological mat.

handing them an oil field will not only be a mistake, it will give them an economic reason to double their efforts, Buhari's handlers should quickly go and read why ISIS within 3 months of insurgence took strategic cities like Takrit, Mosul and Aleppo.

Even if we subdue the insurgency part, the cost of security alone will push high the cost of oil, a nearly calm Niger delta saw a production cost of nearly $30 from $11/bbl, extrapolate what security cost for the lake chad basin will amount to as production cost?
Oil won't climb past $50 at least for sometime.

This is a poor decision from Mr President. I pray no IOC takes that road with Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by 2sexycom(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
netinformat:

If at all u supported d old man as u claim, I believe u gave him 4 years mandate & not 10 months...

Good. We have 3 years, 2Months and 14days to go. Tell him that.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
jaybee:

Pathetic. Pathetic indeed.

Most comments on this thread make a f00l of Nigerian youths.

Just think of it.

What is 'diversification'? what does of mean in the context of Nigeria's economy?

Does it meat jettisoning what you have (in this case oil and gas), while embracing what you don't have (like the proverbial, and improperly defined, agriculture; mining, etc) ?

To understand 'diversification', all you need is to define it. Any dictionary should provide such definition. Diversification is simply the act of introducing a variety (in our case, in investments, and production of goods and services); instead of investing mainly in the oil and gas. it does not connote zero investment in oil and gas and 100% investment in other sectors. Remember that Nigeria already has huge investments in oil and gas to leverage on. After all have you ever heard that a bird at hand is worth two in the air?

The concern on timing for investment in oil and gas exploration in Nigeria now is highly misplaced and shows ineptitude of the highest order, if not outright mischief. Just think of it, the crude oil being produced Nigeria today (which was sold as high as $146 in the recent past), at what price was crude oil when the exploration was done? The exploration was undertaken in the 80s and early 90s (oil exploration and production is a long gestation investment) when crude oil was at its lowest around $9 - $14. This is a good time to invest when the price is low and the cost of exploration is also low. When the price rises, the cost of exploration will be high and making the investment decision will become more difficult. it makes economic sense.

Finally is the money for this so-called frontier exploration in the budget? this i strongly doubt. If it is there, someone should please show, not tell me. Which means as usual, government only facilitates these activities, and does not really put in tax payers' money directly into it. Mostly, the investors put in their heard-earned hard currency and takes all the risks in anticipation of commercial hydrocarbon discoveries that would permit them to recover their money in a long time in the future.

While you think Nigerians are f00ls, your comment is an insult to dumb people, that bold sentence is the most stupid thing I have heard this year.
invest in oil exploration when crude price is low, you think it is the stock market? dumb squared!

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by jpphilips(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Standing5:
the Problem u subtly failed to acknowlege about your argument is that it involve dependence on export proceeds. Agriculture helps secure you table with food. And can also generate forex. Industry help keep capital flight in check and boost forex too. It is super-foølish to go into further oil exploration now.

How will agriculture generate forex for you?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
jpphilips:

How will agriculture generate forex for you?
Same way it did for Brazil and Nigeria in the past. When you have enuf food on your table you can sell the excess to nations who don't farm either as raw material or as finished product like the tomatoes we import from China. If things gets rough you starve your customers to feed yourself first. It is called food security.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by jpphilips(m): 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
Standing5:
Same way it did for Brazil and Nigeria in the past. When you have enuf food on your table you can sell the excess to nations who don't farm either as raw material or as finished product like the tomatoes we import from China. If things gets rough you starve your customers to feed yourself first. It is called food security.

Which produce do you intend to export and where?
Nigeria succeeded in Agriculture 30yrs ago, don't you think that the dynamics have changed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Fatima, Mamman Daura Daughter Who Recorded Aisha Buhari (Photo) / Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / Five PDP Governors​ Join Sheriff's Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.