Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,691 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari (30676 Views)

My Govt Not Marginalising South-east, Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) / NNDC: Oil, Gas Exploration To Commence In The North-east By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2016
ITbomb:
When you get the oil, where una go sell am to.

I won't be surprised if I see military protecting small refineries in the north while destroying the ones in the south
Na military dey bomb pipeline? Abi militant. Well to me the govt is not doing enough in protecting the ones we have in the south, and dey want to go and build in the north.is not a bab idea but they need to improve their security here in the south.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by oseiwe(m): 9:00am On Mar 15, 2016
how many times will they look for oil in dat chad basin sef? even in d niger delta sef, no be evrywhr get oil

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by 2sexycom(m): 9:00am On Mar 15, 2016
mentorandfriend:

Ya. He may lose 2019 elections.

But I won't still vote for PDP in 2019. undecided
Gbam. I won't eitherm I heard they are rebrand. So please spread the word so that gullible folks don't fall into the trap.

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by emekaxy: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2016
In other news after the public outcry after PMB supported southern Morocco and oil being
our major binding factor.
PMB might have taken a decision for explore for oil in the Lake Chad
basin and if that is successful they will now let the southerners go as they now have what the southerners think they can't have.

my personnal opinion though.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by sukkot: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2016
ipob youfs be like ' buhali if you discover oyel and gas for north-east then we ipob have no more bargaining chip seeing as we use our SS blothers oyel as bargaining chip for secession ' cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by bxcode(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:
Buhari will definitely lose 2019 election, before it even begins.

Where there is no light, no fuel, job losses, Fulani killings, dollar is 305 to naira, he travels too often, investors fleeing the country, businesses are shutting down... refineries are in comatose.

This is the best Buhari can come up with.

I regret ever supporting this man honestly.
The regret is still warming up sirgrin
Honestly, think about this, a vibrant and intellectually filled nation of the 21st century went back into the military ages and brought out a retired military officer and branded him their expected change icon, something got to be wrong with Nigeria seriously. Change dosent come from your past, it means a brand new beginning.
Well my mind is at peace right now because I anticipated what is happening now during the election period and made pacts with another infinite source of supply, and you know what, this is just the beginning of things to happen and it's already as bad as this.
May God be with us cool

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by imohchard(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Most of the world IS still using oil....and will do so for now.

Renewables is growing (and I am a fan of renewable energy myself)....but for now...it is still very expensive.

What's are his plans as per renewable energy?
The price of oil is dwindling and the reason is that many nations Are leaving it behind. A wise government looks at the long term pictures..

A time will come when the cost of exploration will be higher than marginal gains of sells.. Qoute me
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2016
Emekamex:

Oil isn't exactly gold at the moment, it is at its lowest peak, hence we should be investing in more profitable sectors now. Oil exploration can take place when oil is back to 100 dollars per barrel.

Yes, true enough, and there is the risk that more oil=lower oil price.

But diversification? In my opinion, Nigeria needs to spend more on power and transport, and revamp/reform education, especially technical education. That is going to take time.....but benefits will be seen.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Mariuzz(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2016
MadCow1:
Hmmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by donbenedict(m): 9:05am On Mar 15, 2016
Na so dem go postpone this gas flaring bullshitt till thy kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 15, 2016
Pwayne2016:
This man is really a curse to humanity...looking for oil in dried sahel desert Land that is only good for human skull and terrorism...Tunda faya Buhari
Most of the Oil rich middle eastern countries are all deserts, so oil could be found in Northern Nigeria but it is a misplaced priority at this time.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by abiolag(m): 9:05am On Mar 15, 2016
Until its up and running, i won't believe it
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by OKorowanta: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2016
Thank God
I hope we can now go our separate ways now?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by 9jii(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2016
Tunami:
giving hope to the hopeless almajiris.
u must be an !gbomination
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by egobetatoday: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2016
drss:
is dis how d dullard intents to diversify d economy

i thought he said we will diversify into agriculture and agro businesses? by the time he finishes exploring and building refineries crude oil will be 2dollar per barrel. oh Well, its not like he passed o- level economics so I dont expect much from him!

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:

Where there is no light, no fuel, job losses, Fulani killings, dollar is 305 to naira, he travels too often, investors fleeing the country, businesses are shutting down... refineries are in comatose.

Liar spotted.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Utchman1: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:

You never supported him before.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
drss:
it is all abt oyel moni. notin more. imagine a govt saying it is commited to diversification of d nigerian economy, yet mass propaganda office got more allocation dan agriculture. dis anomaly happens only in a zoo.

U re misinformed
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Lucasbible: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
It's a bad idea that is birthed out of frustration to have "their own oil". Due to fracking and speculation surrounding frackng the price of oil has fallen to the lowest in decades. Countries are diversifying from oil to other sectors but our presidency is made up of incompetent economists. From a cattle rearing soldier to a lawyer who is best suited for hiding Tinubu's loot to incompetent CNN governor and OguN State accountant.

How can you spend billions earned from cheap oil to explore oil when Iran is coming out of sanctions and TesLA is building battery cars that can drive for kilometers without ⛽.

Well I just hope the Northerners can discover oil so this marriage with illiterates can end.

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by wristbangle: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
This is a misplaced priority and wrong decision taken by Mr. President. He really missed it on this. Mtcheew!
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by egobetatoday: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
Emekamex:
I still don't get why this government is so much focused on oil. This is our best and might be our only chance to diversify and invest in other sectors of the economy, I have no doubt that the money used for the exploration would have done wonders in our agric sector; we need to get our priorities right, as this is a golden opportunity to do so.

Buhari doesnt understand all this your english oo...as long as there is no 'fura de nono', 'gworo', 'dogonyaro' etc. those are the passwords grin
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by sunday2012(m): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2016
Well he is still my leader but shaaaai. May God give him direction
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2016
Emekamex:
I still don't get why this government is so much focused on oil. This is our best and might be our only chance to diversify and invest in other sectors of the economy, I have no doubt that the money used for the exploration would have done wonders in our agric sector; we need to get our priorities right, as this is a golden opportunity to do so.
we have idiots who cant think beyond oil.. . Oil is all they know and smell.. Reason why they fought hard to the government...

My hope is that our Niger delta leaders grow some sense to fight for regionalism..

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

Crude oil is the only thing keeping this country together.

I pray they find oil and gas in the North.
They can advocate for secession themselves.

If the crude oil in the south south was originally in the North, I cant imagine how they would have treated other citizens.

Maybe, they may have disintegrated a very long time ago.

my hopes too.. . If the north can produce at most a million barrels let them secede.. .
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Teenaira: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
The only fear I have for Nigeria as a country is the Boko Haram insurgent who we learnt has been defeated but now masquerading as Fulani herdsmen all over Nigeria. When are we going to discover that life should be sacred. The so called Fulani herdsmen are all over Nigeria doing great damage to live and properties. Is Nigeria going to be safe to live in even after the discovery of all the oil wells ?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by drss(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
egobetatoday:

i thought he said we will diversify into agriculture and agro businesses? by the time he finishes exploring and building refineries crude oil will be 2dollar per barrel. oh Well, its not like he passed o- level economics so I dont expect much from him!
true talk. d same pesin wey dey complain of drop in oyel price is planning anoda oyel exploration sad buari does not have d necessary iq to rule nigeria.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Tunami(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
9jii:
u must be an !gbomination
wrong, try harder.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by rman: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
What is it with Buhari and Oil?

Apple and Google as companies are bigger than our entire economy ..

PMB needs to be more creative than this oil and corruption fight obsession. Technology is the new oil.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by xtervaganza(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well, diversification takes a long time...and for now...grabbing as much money as possible to balance the books makes sense.
let's be honest with ourselves; it makes no sense

Not a bit of sense considering we have over a billion barrel of oil on the seas without buyers.

Why do we need more oil when we can't even get enough buyer for the one we have one ground
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2016
Emekamex:

This will. Only be possible if u and I start believing in one Nigeria............since oil is ur major point of bragging to break up, the Mohammeds are working hard on getting that same oil b4 allowing u to go.........that is wisdom in disguise though many don't knw that GEJ government equally allocated money for the exploration of oil in that same chad basin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Has 99 Problems, But Twitter Not One Of Them - Fisayo Soyombo (Aljazeera) / 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae / 'Governor Wey Dey Pay Killers': Protest In Abuja Over Southern Kaduna Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.