Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps (1203 Views)

Obj Once Arrested Nnandi Kanu And Released Him .. Govt Should Dialogue With IPOB / Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2016
By Emman Ovuakporie & Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA – THE member representing Ihiala Federal Constituency of Anambra State, Rep Emeka Anohu has told President Muhammadu Buhari to dialogue with those agitating for independent Biafran Republic, so as to arrest any political unrest that could emanate from the agitations. Rep Anohu who described the Biafra agitation as a “topic that is totally fragile in Nigeria,” noted that under the laws of the land, there was provision for peaceful demonstration and agitation for self determination guaranteed by the United Nations in which Nigeria subscribed to.

According to him, “I am of the opinion that a situation like this, there should be dialogue. A peaceful demonstration or agitation is allowed in the confines of rule of law.”

On the fight against corruption by the President Buhari’s government, he said that the right thing to do was for those so far mentioned for any corrupt offences to resign from any positions they were holding even as he expressed dismay that despite the alleged recovery of funds, there had not been any conviction by the court. Besides, Rep Anohu who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, wondered where the recovered loots including the repatriated ones were domiciled as there had not been any account by the government on the total recovered loots and repatriated funds.

He said, “The best way to fight corruption is for government to block all leakages. Since independence, some names have been mentioned for corruption, have they been tried? “All the money repatriated, where are the monies, how much so far repatriated and recovered? Nigerians need to know, we don’t know where they are keeping the money.”

The lawmaker who is also the president of Emeka Anohu Foundation that is used to help the poor, the sick and the needy frowned at the recent negotiations some government officials had embarked upon with the South African telecommunication giant, the MTN, adding that in other climes, the best thing MTN should have done was to comply with the telecommunication regulatory agency in the country and pay the fines.

“We should not settle for less, we will resist any ploy by the MTN not to pay complete the fines imposed on it by the National Communications Commission, NCC.”

He noted that during the time of arms deal scandal in the past administration, the South African government did not enter into negotiations with Nigeria then, stressing that the negotiations now on the MTN was criminal

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/biafra-buhari-should-dialogue-with-agitators-rep/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2016
Nice one from the honorable rep. kiss

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by chido20(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2016
hmm
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by xpac01(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Iya!!! Person wey still dey junket This man is the biggest mistake of Nigeria. I just wish 2019 is tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:20am On Mar 15, 2016
PDP National Chairman= Aboki

PDP national youth Chairman= Aboki

Presidential candidate= Aboki

Members= Igbos

God please dash my people sense!!

Even the hausa's rejected PDP!!

Who are now the ass lickers??

Good bless Ojukwu joor!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by EasternActivist: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2016
Nice one from him. God keep blessing you as you alleviate the plights of the poor.

My indept gratitude goes to you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by SleekMallam: 11:34am On Mar 15, 2016
EasternActivist:
Nice one from him. God keep blessing you as you alleviate the plights of the poor.

My indept gratitude goes to you.
Agu, Are you from Ihiala?
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by snika: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2016
Emeka Anohu, the drunken Daura President you're talking about is not interested in being a Nigerian anymore. Reports say he was last sighted in North Sudan or something like that yesterday.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by PentiumPro(f): 11:39am On Mar 15, 2016
What is that foolish Biafran doing in the hallowed chambers of Nigeria. grin grin
Biafra and Nigeria have nothing in common. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by kenny987(f): 11:41am On Mar 15, 2016
My rep at work. God bless you and all decent, well-meaning Nigerians that know we shouldn't settle for less and we're entitled to transparent communication and accountability in leadership. If our reps at Federal level do not know where repatriated funds are then what happens to the people?

If u cannot tell where the money is domiciled how can u monitor implementation? Yet u keep accusing and arresting people.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by MightySparrow: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2016
What will the subject of discussion?
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by mynd1(f): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari and FG will not negotiate with any terrorist. Ask Boko haram and Shiite.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by PentiumPro(f): 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rep Anohu who described the Biafra agitation as a “topic that is totally fragile in Nigeria,” noted that under the laws of the land, there was provision for peaceful demonstration and agitation for self determination guaranteed by the United Nations in which Nigeria subscribed to.

According to him, “I am of the opinion that a situation like this, there should be dialogue. A peaceful demonstration or agitation is allowed in the confines of rule of law.”

Dialogue with who?
Why didn't they seek dialogue with GEJ.
Govt should dialogue with some bad election losers because they backed the wrong horse?
This foolish Rep is one of the closet sponsors of this Biafra riots.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by seunny4lif(m): 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
grin
I know this one go hit front page grin grin
I cover this land by the blood of Jesus grin
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Babatundetinubu: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
This rep needs to be suspended from the house without much ado.... angry....which dialogue and over what.....dialogue over Biafra or over bringing back Jonathan.....
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
I thinks it's time for the national assembly to ammend the constitution and declare seccession an act of treason punishable by firing squad angry Any one supporting biafra should be sentenced to death or fed to lions. This will gradually kill the evil ideology called Biafra. We hate biafra and it shall never come. The buratai military should invade the east and do the needful undecided
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Rijes: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria can never survive without Biafra. Take it or leave it.

Everyone knows it that is why irunooboo is shouting one nigeria
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Rijes: 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
Babatundetinubu:
This rep needs to be suspended from the house without much ado.... angry....which dialogue and over what.....dialogue over Biafra or over bringing back Jonathan.....

but why is Biafra so important to y ou. i thought un à dey call US chestbeaster and ritualist
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
I thinks it's time for the national assembly to ammend the constitution and declare seccession an act of treason punishable by firing squad angry Any one supporting biafra should be sentenced to death or fed to lions. This will gradually kill the evil ideology called Biafra. We hate biafra and it shall never come. The buratai military should invade the east and do the needful undecided
You Mean The Way Buratai & His Men Invaded Your "Mile 12 & You Ran Off To Ibadan?? Please stop exchanging your brain for vanilla Ice Cream, it makes u an empty headed fellow.

Thanks For Your Overstanding

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by wristbangle: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
PDP National Chairman= Aboki

PDP national youth Chairman= Aboki

Presidential candidate= Aboki

Members= Igbos

God please dash my people sense!!

Even the hausa's rejected PDP!!

Who are now the ass lickers??

Good bless Ojukwu joor!

In as much I hate seeing your comments, this is d 1st time u are making sense
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by EastanPower(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
mynd1:
Buhari and FG will not negotiate with any terrorist. Ask Boko haram and Shiite.

God bless Nigeria.

Why are the demonic fulani herdsmen ranked the fourth deadliest terror group in the world not being killed as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by EastanPower(m): 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:

Shameless man. I pity the innocent girl whose picture you randomly picked and put on your DP.

Shameless man!!!
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by EastanPower(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:
What is that foolish Biafran doing in the hallowed chambers of Nigeria. grin grin
Biafra and Nigeria have nothing in common. cheesy

That is why both should be separated immediately or don't you think so?
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
wristbangle:

In as much I hate seeing your comments, this is d 1st time u are making sense

I always make sense!!

Just that it doesn't come in line with your opinions!!

God bless south East !!
Re: Biafra: Buhari Should Dialogue With Agitators- Reps by Babatundetinubu: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rijes:

but why is Biafra so important to y ou. i thought un à dey call US chestbeaster and ritualist

Biafra is of no importance to me....it is dead and buried... angry

(1) (Reply)

Igbos And Nigeria. / 7 Poorest States In Nigeria. / Halliburton Scandal: Real Ms Aisha Buhari Deny Involvement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.