Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? (1150 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Rapmoney(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
The attitude of our parents toward their bachelor-sons varies. Some parents, especially, mothers, can mount so much pressures on their sons to get married to an extent where some young men no longer feel comfortable to be around the house or around family members. Every discussion between them and their son always end in 'When will you even get married?'...'Don't you have anyone you are seeing?'...'How come I have never seen any female around you?'...'This boy! Are you sure you are normal?' cool Sometimes, you just can't talk to a female fondly on phone in the presence of some mothers! They are bound to ask you like, 'Hmmm, Is she the one?' Gush!!! Which one? What if I have been conversing with a female colleague or a former classmate or even a church member? cheesy

There are also parents who exercise pressure but in a subtle way. These are the type that would stylishly ask you: 'Yea, Ekene, who is that young pretty girl I saw you discussing with in church today? I like the way she dressed; she seem to be a humble person from the way she greeted me; I know you guys are just friends sha'!!! grin If you read between the lines, you will discover the message the old woman is trying to pass to you.

So, young bachelors, how do you cope with marriage pressures from parents? Do you apply tactics to avoid confrontations or you just make it clear that you are a brick wall they cannot penetrate? Or you feel like bowing to these pressures?

Please, share cheesy
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
you have to find a balance
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Rapmoney(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:
brb
Ok, we know u for that! grin
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rapmoney:
Ok, we know u for that! grin
meaning what?
Dont let me lose my temper on u this hot afternoon
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by SolexxBarry(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hmmm,here to learn
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Rapmoney(m): 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

meaning what?
Dont let me lose my temper on u this hot afternoon
Sorry ehn, I never knew the sun is affecting ur reasoning grin
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Rapmoney(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
SolexxBarry:
Hmmm,here to learn
Even you! Teacher, u can lie oh!
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rapmoney:
Sorry ehn, I never knew the sun is affecting ur reasoning grin
it is ur thread, if u want to derail it with insults, i wlll be more than happy to oblige. Your call
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
I hope to see my mentor soon, though am here to learn, hands fold
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
I just ignore them because the money for marriage is not even there anyway. Unless someone wants to give me millions

1 Like

Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Arian11(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
I remember the case of my uncle the first day my aunt ( his mom ) brought it up ... He was shocked because he was not even thinking of such... hell he didn't even have a gf then....I stay in his apartment rather than hostel and he we don't even stay in the same country as parents ...that's how he told one of his close female friends ...act as my fiancé can you do that ..the girl agreed the next time he spoke with his mom and my mom he told them "speak to my fiancé" they talked briefly....he told them he would bring her soon grin grin....that soon is close to 2 years now.. I think they've stopped disturbing him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by jmoore(m): 9:12am On Mar 16, 2016
No pressure over here. cool
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by glimpse(f): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Arian11:
I remember the case of my uncle the first day my aunt ( his mom ) brought it up ... He was shocked because he was not even thinking of such... hell he didn't even have a gf then....I stay in his apartment rather than hostel and he we don't even stay in the same country as parents ...that's how he told one of his close female friends ...act as my fiancé can you do that ..the girl agreed the next time he spoke with his mom and my mom he told them "speak to my fiancé" they talked briefly....he told them he would bring her soon grin grin....that soon is close to 2 years now.. I think they've stopped disturbing him grin grin

lwkm....that your uncle ehn.
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by Arian11(m): 11:35am On Mar 16, 2016
glimpse:

lwkm....that your uncle ehn.
let him be decieving himself ....the bachelor life is sweet for him grin.......
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by aventura: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Why the rush for a life of hell
Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by jashar(f): 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
I didn't know the men were put under pressure too. grin

1 Like

Re: Young Bachelors, How Do You Cope With Parental Marriage Pressures? by cognize: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
No pressure for now.

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Treat A Nagging Husband. / See What Armed Robbers Did To This Family...(graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.