Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. (29926 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Senate Fails To Screen Magu, EFCC Boss / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2016
mccoy47:

Must they rule?
Aren't they satisfied with being ministers and law makers? angry

[size=15pt]**modified**[/size] I just had to bring this post foward.

Equal rights Equal rights yet they would be the one to always ask for help in the most mundane ish.

Equal employment opportunities yet they would ask for 6months maternity leave, heartbreak leave and if care is not taken, they would ask for menstrual cramps leave!

Equal rights yet a man is crucified before the world and press the moment a lady accuses him of rape, without even hearing his side And if tables are turned the man (victim) is mocked!

Equal rights yet a man is expected to always be the provider in a home, and in a situation where the man lags behind, he is called a lazy man, nobody calls the woman that!

Equal rights yet in dire emergency situations women and children are carried to saftey 1st. And the men maybe later.

Where do I start and where do I stop?
God will punish the next mouth that shouts equal rights. Wether owned by a man or woman!!!
My thoughts exactly! Thanks bro, for your insightful thoughts.

For me, I think we can just talk about merits, fairness and the uniqueness in our beings and I guess that should be enough.

I don't know exactly how women feel disadvantaged in the world today as it is presently constituted. I have listened to many arguments, in the end even women, themselves, have always fallen short of articulating any tangible point of view.

If anything, I honestly think women have been guilty of unnecessarily waging a war of emotions in the world and have thought only about their interest without recourse for men and the society at large.

Give two kids the same treatment and raise them in the same condition, but be rest assured that each will turn out differently in the end. This is the lesson of nature versus nurture.

In the face of this agitation by women, we continue to pretend about the existence other salient issues of a soft landing approach for women not for any other reasons but just because they are females. What about the comfort of chivalry, a norm conventionally tied around a man's neck, something which the female folks, themselves, define as romance. So, if we are equal, why consider a female student with CGPA of 2.50 out of a possible 5.00 point for scholarship, while male students with First class CGPA's are overlooked, not for any other reasons other than that they are men and men ought to be able to weather the storm without any help whatsoever.

God, the women you have given us! So, who will listen to a man's story in the world? Is a man not already out on his own, showing bravery and thriving despite a woman's support rather than because of it. And yet, a man was supposed to have a helper!

If equality, other than uniqueness, is the appeal for the female folks then, certainly we can be equal! But take a moment to think about it and consider how we could potentially change the world forever.

In this new world, a Blessing Okagbare should line up against a Usain Bolt in a 100 metre race; a world where a Birgitt Prinz should compete for a first eleven jerseys in a team that could feature a CR7 and a Lionel Messi.

That's a world in which women will forever be last and would never have a chance at the top.

Let's be well guided!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 7:05am On Mar 16, 2016
tevinsolt:

you know I walked away, but the gravity of you three's psychosis and lunacy brought me back. WHAT THE FUcckk you mean by saying a woman is not equal to a man?
oh wait cuz you have a brain and she doesn't? or cuz the your religion/culture tells you so?

I say Bleep everything that's made each and everyone one of you who you are, because every single one of you is what wrong with this part of the world. dumbasses who can't think for themselves but always have to use some bullshitt culture and religion to justify stupidity.

Fucckk your culture and your religion and everything they stand for, there's no such thing as "African culture" we are not all the same you cunts.
this is the main reason WOMEN can never be equal with men!

ya all only know how to shout and talk provoking words but can't use ya brain to think and make things happen.

at the end ya still desire to be submissive to a man! you can't change nature you mad woman.

keep one shouting! that's what you only know how to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Lecturebidz(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2016
blackpanda:

You dont have to insult people to make your point. We may have divergent views but its not excuse to be rude. Learn to be civil when commenting.
Btw few years ago when the ineffectual buffoon signed anti-gay bill into law, you all hailed it because homosexualism is against our culture and tradition. So what has changed between then and now You supported govt to make laws based on "african tradition" then, so you can not be heard to complain now. This rejection of equality bill is firmly in line with our tradition. Women are lower than men in africa, period!
Not just based on tradition but also on the natural order of tins!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Lecturebidz(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2016
tevinsolt:

you know I walked away, but the gravity of you three's psychosis and lunacy brought me back. WHAT THE FUcckk you mean by saying a woman is not equal to a man?
oh wait cuz you have a brain and she doesn't? or cuz the your religion/culture tells you so?

I say Bleep everything that's made each and everyone one of you who you are, because every single one of you is what wrong with this part of the world. dumbasses who can't think for themselves but always have to use some bullshitt culture and religion to justify stupidity.

Fucckk your culture and your religion and everything they stand for, there's no such thing as "African culture" we are not all the same you cunts.
Sorry O gringringringrin
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2016
skinflint:
Nigerian Senate women with their estranged marriages. What useless advancement is there making the feminine gender equal to the masculine gender? Did you know women never were to be existed had it not been for the request of a man? Did you know there was a reason why the Messiah chose only men as His apostles? Western way of life has already done more harm than good to us. Man! Nigerian women, where are your morals? Have you suddenly become this trivial that you choose to live on the morals of the White people?
keep wondering why Jesus didn't choose any woman as one of his disciple!

he know that women can't handle trials and tribulations, and he know that women can never be equal to a man's task.

the truth is there is nothing like equality between a man an a woman.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Ossaifamous(m): 7:16am On Mar 16, 2016
what will this bill achieve, what is the essence ??
should a baby be born will the man also be entitle to a 3 month paternity instead of the 1 week given by my company ? ..... we already are equals, this bill existence will only strive to create more confusion

the CONSTITUTION has aleady spell out the rights of all individuals be it boy, girl, Man or woman...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by kalakuta11: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2016
ok i get you. i read it. I was wrong about it in the bill. it was under widowhood clause of equal sharing of the husband property not divorce. but if we want equality let us make it fully equal too, eliminate responsibility of the man to the woman after divorce, no giving of money after divorce. everybody take the money u make. i think i will support that too. cos men still give women property after divorce in nigeria especially if court marriage was done.
daretodiffer:

Read the bill again

*sighs*

Learn better lie
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by successking: 7:24am On Mar 16, 2016
A sentimental bill, thank God for its stoppage.

There is no discrimination against woman in the Constitution of Nigeria, so why this madness?

You want to remarry and at the same time lay hold on the property of the late husband, what an injustice!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Iamsane: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2016
lesbiangirl:
What do u expect Wen majority of dem are illiterates with fufu-stuffed bellies angry

Women are in trouble. Instead of dem to get serious abt what they need as a gender most of dem are busy tryna be runs girls, waist-training, learning how to do unrealistic makeups, chasing horsebands sideboos or tryna be a sidechick or babymama. How many of dem knew dt d bill was to be passed today grin noone!

Nobody can fight for you except God or you yourself! Sadly women have lost sight of things.

MODIFIED: after reading comments on this thread I'll say ladies shudnt waste their breath on the men; coz we failed on this one. How long are we gonna keep blaming the men, the likes of Remi, Stella, Abike and co are extremely useless and foolish. Have never met people dt slow before. You mean they cudnt rally women and support d bill, all they knw is how to embezzle money and all. How are the men gonna take us seriously if we don't put more effort on it. Educate every man in ur life concerning d bill coz am sure none of d myopic males commenting didn't read what d bill is all abt. They're just blabbing abt a woman nt collecting their money. How much una get sef for dis forum

Women need to do regroup, re-strategize and also kick dose useless women in d senate out! My 2kobo

lesbian self dey comment.lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by yorex2011: 7:43am On Mar 16, 2016
This thread, perfect example of what psychologists call confirmation bias. Everyone here has his/her own view /opinion, and if another comes with a contrasting idea, that idea is used to further strengthen his/her original stand.
What is quite surprising is the way most of the ladies here are resulting to subtle insults and outrightly even glaring ones just to air a view, that is most likely going to be inconsequential to the grand scheme of things,
People come to nairaland many at times to get a wider view of things, and learn and understand, but in sensitive cases like this, the insults are not just necessary.
For me insults, shows some level of immaturity and insecurity. This topic is a very largw one and obviously must have many angles to it.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2016
kalakuta11:
ok i get you. i read it. I was wrong about it in the bill. it was under widowhood clause of equal sharing of the husband property not divorce. but if we want equality let us make it fully equal too, eliminate responsibility of the man to the woman after divorce, no giving of money after divorce. everybody take the money u make. i think i will support that too. cos men still give women property after divorce in nigeria especially if court marriage was done.

You need to read about Alimony in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by plendil: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2016
Hehehe!!! This is certainly an emotive topic. But I think the response by LAstpage beautifully highlights the futility it.

The whole idea of "affirmative action" as a means to equality is silly. Its an insult to women, especially the hardworking ones out there. You usually use such an action to give a disadvantaged group some leverage - unless you want to convince me that possessing a vag*** confers disability or inherent disadvantage of some sort. Thankfully, I know it doesn't.

Zero tolerance to discrimination of any sort: race, ethnicity - and of course, sex - is never acceptable and is, incidentally, already covered in the constitution.

So.....?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:24am On Mar 16, 2016
I am still saying it, there can never be gender equality in this country. I respect women a lot but our women like to over do things if given an opportunity.
From religious and our cultural angle it can't work out.
In Islam now, a man must collect two times of the inheritance a woman gets because, a man has more responsibility than a woman.
In some culture women have no right to any inheritance.
My lecturer back then in school, Dr(Mrs) Babalola told the ladies in my class point blank that you ladies in Engineering are just deceiving yourselves. You want to always be on the field like men, she told them you can't have a successful marriage if you don't stay at home. She said, all of them should be a lecturer or get an office job.

Gender equality in Nigeria won't workout.
Women wey want gender equality go dey there till eternity.
The Beijing conferences for women, changed our women mentality that they now want to rub shoulders with men.
If una like hate me with this comment na una own ooo...
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 16, 2016
MarieSucre:

You guys are really funny. Well I will not generalise like you do. Some of you guys are really really funny. How can you see women being productive and being movers and shakers when an enabling environment has not being created.
Do you know there was a time it was seen as very foolish to send a daughter to school? Imagine asking 20 years down the line why there are no female professors? How can there be? Most young girls are encouraged to go for less challenging roles so as to fit a certain stereotype in society and family life. When I was younger girls would normally be blessed with words like "you will marry governor, you will marry president". Why not "You will grow up to be the governor or president". The mindset of our society has created this.
When next you ask why you can't see women doing this or that or to prove that they can actually do this or that, your answer lies in why America is just having its first black president. The mentality of the society needs to change.
You set your thinking in Africa alone and assumed your opinion should represent some universal point of view.

Madam, you better recalibrate your thought process and avoid the kind of cherry picking you have severally accused others of on this thread.

Now, let's even grant that your opinion were true of Africa. So, what shall we say of America, Europe and the rest of world.

You claimed that culture represents an impediment for your gender, but failed to ask how it all came to be. What, if I may ask, were women doing when men gathered to make all the laws that you claimed has held your successive generations bound.

Is it possible that men lived alone at some point in history, and consciously set out to make laws that will protect their interest for all time to come? How many years apart did we have between the creation of Adam and that of his supposed helper, Eve.

At what point in history did women miss the mark and why is a man naturally ahead?

The day you understand why you have dismissed all these thoughts in your continually feeble and wasteful arguments, is the day you will understand why Men have since left you behind.

I hope you realise too that the preponderance of the pan one side is sure to unbalance the scale any day. You may talk about fairness, merit and uniqueness in our beings, but to hit the road and assume you can fly with your one-sided, emotionally driven and gender bias arguments, is to say the least, pitiable!

Please be well guided and learn for your own sake to be honorable.

I wish you the best.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by oloyede252(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2016
MarieSucre:

Half of your country's population is not better things?
seriously did you comprehend why the bill was not passed..cos you are just shouting slavery since.this one of the problem i have with women.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by SirDorianGray(m): 9:06am On Mar 16, 2016
lesbiangirl:
What do u expect Wen majority of dem are illiterates with fufu-stuffed bellies angry

Women are in trouble. Instead of dem to get serious abt what they need as a gender most of dem are busy tryna be runs girls, waist-training, learning how to do unrealistic makeups, chasing horsebands sideboos or tryna be a sidechick or babymama. How many of dem knew dt d bill was to be passed today grin noone!

Nobody can fight for you except God or you yourself! Sadly women have lost sight of things.

MODIFIED: after reading comments on this thread I'll say ladies shudnt waste their breath on the men; coz we failed on this one. How long are we gonna keep blaming the men, the likes of Remi, Stella, Abike and co are extremely useless and foolish. Have never met people dt slow before. You mean they cudnt rally women and support d bill, all they knw is how to embezzle money and all. How are the men gonna take us seriously if we don't put more effort on it. Educate every man in ur life concerning d bill coz am sure none of d myopic males commenting didn't read what d bill is all abt. They're just blabbing abt a woman nt collecting their money. How much una get sef for dis forum

Women need to do regroup, re-strategize and also kick dose useless women in d senate out! My 2kobo

What's wrong with learning to be a makeup artist?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
I am still saying it, there can never be gender equality in this country. I respect women a lot but our women like to over do things if given an opportunity.
From religious and our cultural angle it can't work out.
In Islam now, a man must collect two times of the inheritance a woman gets because, a man has more responsibility than a woman.
In some culture women have no right to any inheritance.
My lecturer back then in school, Dr(Mrs) Babalola told the ladies in my class point blank that you ladies in Engineering are just deceiving yourselves. You want to always be on the field like men, she told them you can't have a successful marriage if you don't stay at home. She said, all of them should be a lecturer or get an office job.

Gender equality in Nigeria won't workout.
Women wey want gender equality go dey there till eternity.
The Beijing conferences for women, changed our women mentality that they now want to rub shoulders with men.

If una like hate me with this comment na una own ooo...

Some men are stupid.

Is it men that know how to manage power?shocked

Your engineerimg lecturer should stop projecting ber failures onto others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:12am On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:

Some men are stupid.

Is it men that know how to manage power?shocked

Your engineerimg lecturer should stop projecting ber failures onto others.
You see, is this the women that want equality. You have even shown us, that when you are given the power you will misuse it. Can't you comment without being abusive
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You see, is this the women that want equality. You have even shown us, that when you are given the power you will misuse it. Can't you comment without being abusive

Are you saying that mendo not misuse power?

Think, you were given a brain for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2016
donem:

Broda am with u on this, hope you are aware it's normally shared 50/50? heaven bears me witness, I'll rather murder such divorced wife, pass on my wealth to parents/siblings, then go to jail.

The bill if passed will make the nigerian men a slave to the nigerian women just like it is in europe....
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by yetseyi(f): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Anyway, I can't blame them for not passing the bill cos the typical naij/black woman isn't a virtuous woman. And once you start giving them too much freedom, you'll end up destroying everything.

grin

Haba Shymexx, I don't agree.

How are you doing?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by toneawe(m): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Is this the problem of Nigeria? Go and see the foolish woman that was placed there as the Local Government chairman by d so-called PDP power.she she hardly pay her workers and the allocation that comes is always enough to pay her workers.she first lied that it's #65m can her L.G spends on workers salaries.recently the NULGE found out that the the total amount to pay workers there is just #45m.yet state gov has been pay her L.G #55m, at times there will be excess from excess crude.yet she has never paid her staffs fully.last mo the, it was 8% she paid her senior staffs. Besides, who said that women are not given rights? Women are even over crossing their boundaries the bible stated as the reason they were created. It was women that ruined goodluck's regime. Pls government should pass a beta bill and not this useless bill. The bill to pay unemployed youth, has it been passed?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:

Are you saying that mendo not misuse power?

Think, you were given a brain for a reason.
Women are known to be cool. Men do misuse power, no doubt about that but being abusive won't make you women gets want you want.

Come to think of it, you want equal right men shouldn't be taking care of women's need in marriage. Responsibility should be 50-50 between men and women. In military how many of you women are there to compliment the men, your population is less.
Don't let western culture to deceive you, most of our women now copy the western women lifestyle which is backfiring on them.
Both Men and women have their own responsibilities but rubbing shoulders with men won't help you women because it will hurt you.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2016
The part of the law that state that there must be an equal right of inheritance is a total infringement on the right of all property owner in the sense that the law is trying to indirectly set a requisite on how property owner should share their property. If there must be an equal inheritance then the property owner must have to share his/her property equally and such situation or part of the law violate the right of all property owner. As a property owner you should have full authority over your property including the right to share your property equally , unequally or in a way you deem it fit or you can even will your entire property to one person.. Whatever you wish to do with your property is not/couldn't be the business of the government and the state...
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by toneawe(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2016
To add to it, this woman who is the local government chairman in Ukwani, travels to Dubai weekly. Uses singles to give to her visitors as cola but. She is even having one small boy as a boyfriend and her hubby recently went ahead to warn the small boy. But the affairs continued and he had to return back to US. So what other right do they want again?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2016
toneawe:
To add to it, this woman who is the local government chairman in Ukwani, travels to Dubai weekly. Uses singles to give to her visitors as cola but. She is even having one small boy as a boyfriend and her hubby recently went ahead to warn the small boy. But the affairs continued and he had to return back to US. So what other right do they want again?

They will soon ask for the right to start killing us legally
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by toneawe(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
To add to it, this woman who is the local government chairman in Ukwani, travels to Dubai weekly. Uses singles to give to her visitors as colanut. She is even having one small boy as a boyfriend and her hubby recently went ahead to warn the small boy. But the affairs continued and he had to return back to US. So what other right do they want again? If I'm asked to prove all these, believe me I can. This is in delta state, obiaruku under ukwani L.G.A
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2016
toneawe:

Don't mind them they will soon be asking for right so that we can be washing their undies, cook for them. Yeye they smell.
That is why, Islam frowns at women holding a position that will govern both men and women. Even in the history of Ile-Ife, Yoruba land. A woman became the Ooni(King). She misused her power and the kingmakers swore not to install a woman as a king again.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Ghost447(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2016
naptu2:
Nigerian Senate @ NGRSenate⁠

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRSenate?max_id=709696816057589759#tweet_709693931131432960
...But I am not aware of any law in Nigeria that restrict women from contesting for all the political offices or being appointed to any office in Nigeria. Under our Constitution both genders are given equal rights. So what is actually their grievances?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by amaben2020(m): 10:14am On Mar 16, 2016
even God almighty didn't create men and women to be equal, waste of time
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by CookieBrown: 10:49am On Mar 16, 2016
blackpanda:

You dont have to insult people to make your point. We may have divergent views but its not excuse to be rude. Learn to be civil when commenting.
Btw few years ago when the ineffectual buffoon signed anti-gay bill into law, you all hailed it because homosexualism is against our culture and tradition. So what has changed between then and now You supported govt to make laws based on "african tradition" then, so you can not be heard to complain now. This rejection of equality bill is firmly in line with our tradition. Women are lower than men in africa, period!

Women are lower than men period? Really? Well okay so your Mother and sisters are lower than me , infact their lives are worth less than male criminals , i can rape them and get away with it and i can use them as workers and pay them much less than others. If after reading this you still think women are less than me then you have just showed the world how low you reason.

What is wrong with Africans? Is it the air they breadth or the water they drink that makes most of them so stupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by sweetgala(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
Abi? I personally don't see any new thing in the bill so speaking against or in support of the bill all amounts to the same thing. I don't see anything the bill is supposed to provide that Nigerian women don't enjoy presently.

In the part of the country where I come from, girls go to school more than guys. We have equal opportunity, they can vote and be voted for, we all are fighting to get jobs and all, so the bill has technically been in existence for long.

The problem as you have already stated is our culture. Such bill won't see the light of the day in places where sharia law is placed above national laws.It is not so..... Any Nigeria woman who aspires to become a president should lay good foundations and work on it continuously. It doesn't come to those that have aggressive breast, serious nyash and best vjay, rather, it goes to those that worked hard for it, those that understand the game and how it is played.

Don't you see how difficult it is for an Igbo man to become president? Does it mean we are women?

While I agree with your first paragraph you kept on digressing and lost the plot in the end.

The bill does not address any problem that the Constitution has not already done. The Constitution provides equal rights and opportunity for all Nigerians irrespective of sex and in the political spectrum all parties have done more than enough to engage female participation, most APC States have female Assistant Govs, many have majority female commissioners etc, APC give women less hurdles in political contest cheaper forms etc likewise PDP

What we needs is a judicial review of civil cases such as divorce settlement, obligatory welfare payment for separated couples, resolution of issues affecting possessions of property and wills.

Most of these have already been addressed before but like many things in Nigeria the law has not been upheld

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Legal Grounds Why Tinubu Can’t Be Arrested & Prosecuted - NDLEA / Don’t Commit Suicide Over Boko Haram , Sambo Mocks Buhari / Tunde Bakare: How Tinubu Used Lagos Wealth To Stop SW PDP Is Remarkable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.