Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. (29890 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Senate Fails To Screen Magu, EFCC Boss / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
lesbiangirl:
After reading comments on this thread I'll say ladies shudnt waste their breath on the men; coz we failed on this one. How long are we gonna keep blaming the men, the likes of Remi, Stella, Abike and co are extremely useless and foolish. Have never met people dt slow before. You mean they cudnt rally women and support d bill, all they knw is how to embezzle money and all. How are the men gonna take us seriously if we don't put more effort on it. Educate every man in ur life concerning d bill coz am sure none of d myopic males commenting didn't read what d bill is all abt. They're just blabbing abt a woman nt collecting their money. How much una get sef for dis forum

Women need to do regroup, re-strategize and also kick dose useless women in d senate out! My 2kobo
unfortunately WOMEN are your worse enemy on this one.

during my years one thing I know is that women can't hold a organization or movement without men fueling them!

WOMEN can't regroup because ya all don't have one mind on ya own.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by MarieSucre(f): 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
bughead:
go read about your Quran before you start shouting.

if I start explaining to you, you won't still understand so what's the need?

More and more excuses. Read Quran? How is that relevant to this discourse. I'll give you one last chance before I write you off. My question stands.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Daverytimes(m): 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
mccoy47:
I stand with the senate on this oo. Call me misogynist, call me sexist. I don't care!.
Believe me if this bill was passed, you will start seeing lots of divorce cases from gold digging women as it is applicable to foreign countries!
I mean what does the silly bill tend to achieve by giving women equal right in marriage and divorce! Tah!!!

There is a reason God made woman from the rib of man and no woman is equal to a man!

**modified**
Just saw the part of the bill about violence against women, I think that aspect should be adopted in a separate bill and passed.
#Say no to violence against women.
But for equal rights? Mba!!!

[size=18pt]You are an **** and those who liked your comments likewise. People like you are why Nigeria will not be leaving its impoverished and backwards state anytime soon, am ashamed to see how many like you got because its a reflection of just how many **** we have on nairaland and Nigeria as a whole. What utter shame, you all carry religion on your heads anytime you want to advocate for the repression of peoples, never for the good[/size].

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by lahit14(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
MrDojo:

No disrespect to women bt I don't see d@ happening in Nigeria any time soon....for the nxt 20yrs @ least..

Lol next 20year, pls stop decieving her, neva mind nigeria, evn the united states in all of their over 200 years of existence hv neva had a voted female president, why did u tink obama won, the real truth is becos it came down to hilary or obama. They decided to finally give the black dude a chance becos deep down they didn't want to go for hilary, in history (1920s) thr has only been one acting female president one edith wilson, woodrow's second wife, she ran the oval offic for 17months after her husband was incapacitated by a massive stroke and back then the US constitution didn't say wht will happen if the president becomes incapacitated (it does now). The only woman that had some reasonable power was the speaker OBJ used power to put, u see wht happnd to her, 144milion setup. If the freeiest country could not evn for once vote a woman president evn if its just to prove a point to the world how then can nigeria, a country driven by relegious believes, pragmatism and prejudice. Nah!!!! So dude could u pls kindly tell the lady the truth by adding one more zero behind ur 20. Its only fair

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Daverytimes:

[size=18pt]You are an idiot and those who liked your comments likewise. People like you are why Nigeria will not be living its impoverived and backwards state anytime soon, am ashamed to see how many like you got because its a reflection of just how many illitrates we have on nairaland and Nigeria as a whole. What utter shame, you all carry religion on your heads anytime you want to advocate for the repression of peoples, never for the good[/size].

Daverytimes U are a disgrace for laying abuse on those that airs dere view on d subject
I pety dis country when d lyks of U gets d so called equality, cuz U can murder Ur hobby
hypocrite
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by porozhniy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
...page 6 and nobody has cared enough to educate us all on how the Nigerian Constitution discriminates against women, still hoping though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by CoCoLav(f): 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am in support of racism. The white race is simply superior to the black race. In fact we must take them as our Lord and Saviour.

The universe has designed the white race to control other races

We must bow down to them grin

The law of nature has given them control over us

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by oshaosha2014(m): 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Then you will see them get married for the purpose of swindling the rich man using divorce. Divorce go turn pure water, men losing their family and life fortunes to bitches, all in the name of equal right. Besides, I don't think we have problems with women achieving anything in this country. countless of the are high achieving and make their own fortune. We just love to complicate things.
mccoy47:
I stand with the senate on this oo. Call me misogynist, call me sexist. I don't care!.
Believe me if this bill was passed, you will start seeing lots of divorce cases from gold digging women as it is applicable to foreign countries!
I mean what does the silly bill tend to achieve by giving women equal right in marriage and divorce! Tah!!!

There is a reason God made woman from the rib of man and no woman is equal to a man!

**modified**
Just saw the part of the bill about violence against women, I think that aspect should be adopted in a separate bill and passed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
noblegrex:
I wonder what they're looking for.they're loved and cared for already.just that they're asking for too much.the creator is supreme,he's made men already to be the boss.but put love of the women in his heart that can turn him to the servant.But this women though. Hmmmmm
I'm telling you.

they are just looking for something that's not even there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by xyoung: 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
mccoy47:

Must they rule?
Aren't they satisfied with being ministers and law makers? angry

[size=15pt]**modified**[/size] I just had to bring this post foward.

Equal rights Equal rights yet they would be the one to always ask for help in the most mundane ish.

Equal employment opportunities yet they would ask for 6months maternity leave, heartbreak leave and if care is not taken, they would ask for menstrual cramps leave!

Equal rights yet a man is crucified before the world and press the moment a lady accuses him of rape, without even hearing his side And if tables are turned the man (victim) is mocked!

Equal rights yet a man is expected to always be the provider in a home, and in a situation where the man lags behind, he is called a lazy man, nobody calls the woman that!

Equal rights yet in dire emergency situations women and children are carried to saftey 1st. And the men maybe later.

Where do I start and where do I stop?
God will punish the next mouth that shouts equal rights. Wether owned by a man or woman!!!
Useless bill..Nice quote man..Our girls are busy imitating kardashan, doing runs girls things and chasing people husbands..Is it the same woman who want to give equal right? You want to finish Nigeria. I hate this abike..she has been making noise on my twiter for awhile now

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
The gender equality bill is a useless bill . The 1999 constitution Nigeria guarantee all the citizen of Nigeria equal right and there is no part of the constitution that is segregating the women. If the right of any woman is been violated , the woman should go to the court for redress . Those behind this bill are selfish and greed because they keep talking about the violence committed against women but they have refused to make mention of the violate committed against men.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by CookieBrown: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
bughead:
thank you! I have been trying to educate that WOMAN but she keep on shouting and shouting.

equality and slavery are two different things but she rather like shouting than listening and understanding.

equality and slavery are two different things -> Hmmm! If a slave is equal to his master then why is he a slave in the first place? If there was equality between the black slaves and their Southern masters, would such slavery had ever existed? The issue of Equality is directly linked to slavery. Now this is me educating you Mr. woman educator.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by oshaosha2014(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
they call you illiterate and backward when you are not politically correct as they want you to be. What makes them different from what they call you when they cannot respect or see from your own perspective, it has to be their own concept, nothing else. Bleep gender equality.

CoCoLav:
So many illiterates and backward people commenting on this thread

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by oshaosha2014(m): 11:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
Go to america where the men have been made women all in the name of equality bullshit. want to know how a man act and behaves, stay back.
Favolly:
And that one had the guts to bring the bible into it..... Is the Bible an African or a Nigerian document? I don't understand how you will quote it in defence of a stance of Africanism as a basis for gender discrimination. Appalling!

Wait, Oga common sense wasn’t at this sitting?? Because I sure cannot see his name amongst those that spoke in support of the bill. Oga common sense, you are not a Twitter senator o! Don't go on Twitter and be supporting Bill that you didn't actually vote in favour of.

Why am I even surprised? How many women do we have in the Nigerian Senate?? Remi Tinubu and Oduah, I hope y'all defended the bill too? This should even be the first problem. The average Nigerian man with the average education and exposure does not believe in gender equality, not to talk of the less-than-average, masochistic brains in the National Assembly. So really, I shouldn't be surprised that this bill was thrown out

No way! Who am I kidding? I am shocked! Nays have it on a basic fundamental human rights issue??!!

I'm so not proud to be a Nigerian at this moment. Shame!!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 16, 2016
CoCoLav:

grin grin

Yes now grin`
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2016
bughead:
unfortunately WOMEN are your worse enemy on this one.

during my years one thing I know is that women can't hold a organization or movement without men fueling them!

WOMEN can't regroup because ya all don't have one mind on ya own.

Why are you lying?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by kalakuta11: 12:11am On Mar 16, 2016
I dont have a problem with the law as long as no more bride price, no more alimony, everyone responsible for his or her self after divorce. example a man make one billion dollars and marries a woman and she start cheating then he divorce her, he will now pay her 500 million dollars cos of marriage of one two years. biko this law is just injustice to men no equality. cos i never see where a man start struggling for his wife money after divorce. I never hear when a woman pay a man alimony for nigeria.

I only oppose violence against women.
thats all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 16, 2016
SOME MEN ARE STUPID
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 16, 2016
nay ja re. wetin dem de pass? no 2nd reading jooo
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 16, 2016
kalakuta11:
I dont have a problem with the law as long as no more bride price, no more alimony, everyone responsible for his or her self after divorce. example a man make one billion dollars and marries a woman and she start cheating then he divorce her, he will now pay her 500 million dollars cos of marriage of one two years. biko this law is just injustice to men no equality. cos i never see where a man start struggling for his wife money after divorce. I never hear when a woman pay a man alimony for nigeria.

thats all

*sighs*

There is nothing like that in Nigeria.

Law is about fairness and justice.

Alimony has nothing to do with equality or inequality.

Please grab a book and read

It is not that hard biko

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 12:17am On Mar 16, 2016
kalakuta11:

thats all

The bill na useless. As a man i am not ready to share a dime of the property that i acquired with my sweat with any woman in a situation of divorce

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 12:17am On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:
Why are you lying?

tell me any women group powerful enough that have been able to do much impact in the history of this earth!

me not lying here.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 12:22am On Mar 16, 2016
CookieBrown:

equality and slavery are two different things -> Hmmm! If a slave is equal to his master then why is he a slave in the first place? If there was equality between the black slaves and their Southern masters, would such slavery had ever existed? The issue of Equality is directly linked to slavery. Now this is me educating you Mr. woman educator.
miss too know.

go back to the learning board!

why are you a woman in the first place?

answer that question and that's the answer to your slave blablablab
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 16, 2016
bughead:

tell me any women group powerful enough that have been able to do much impact in the history of this earth!

me not lying here.

What are you talking about?
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by bughead: 12:28am On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:

What are you talking about?
on what you quote me
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Lecturebidz(m): 12:35am On Mar 16, 2016
mccoy47:

**modified**
I dey ur back!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by olajigaolamide: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2016
The bill should no longer be discussed
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Daverytimes(m): 12:48am On Mar 16, 2016
u
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by oshaosha2014(m): 12:51am On Mar 16, 2016
This your comment sums it all. Perfect.
Misterdhee1:
Even in the famous Animal Kingdom, all animals aren't equal. What the Nation needs is a bill to protect Women more against all domestic and Social Violences, not to twist Nature..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Lecturebidz(m): 12:54am On Mar 16, 2016
mccoy47:

Must they rule?
Aren't they satisfied with being ministers and law makers? angry

[size=15pt]**modified**[/size] I just had to bring this post foward.

Equal rights Equal rights yet they would be the one to always ask for help in the most mundane ish.

Equal employment opportunities yet they would ask for 6months maternity leave, heartbreak leave and if care is not taken, they would ask for menstrual cramps leave!

Equal rights yet a man is crucified before the world and press the moment a lady accuses him of rape, without even hearing his side And if tables are turned the man (victim) is mocked!

Equal rights yet a man is expected to always be the provider in a home, and in a situation where the man lags behind, he is called a lazy man, nobody calls the woman that!

Equal rights yet in dire emergency situations women and children are carried to saftey 1st. And the men maybe later.

Where do I start and where do I stop?
God will punish the next mouth that shouts equal rights. Wether owned by a man or woman!!!

Bro this is the same argument I present on this equal right shit! When the world was in global tumult,when nations rose to conquer other nations,when it was time for the world wars,no single woman(quote me if am wrong) shouted equal right to join the military and defend the country or equal rights in general. Now the world is becoming solaced and kinda war-free,woman are shouting EQUAL RIGHTS!
I don't even know what they trully want by this. Is it no longer 'survival of the fittest'? I think its high time we stop deceiving ourselves,women are not and will never be equal to men. I don't support violence against anyone,so I wouldn't speak on that part,because men face greater violence than women!!

Rubbish Bill
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Daverytimes(m): 12:56am On Mar 16, 2016
sirDUKE:

Daverytimes U are a disgrace for laying abuse on those that airs dere view on d subject
I pety dis country when d lyks of U gets d so called equality, cuz U can murder Ur hobby
hypocrite

[size=14pt]Spare me the drivel, i am a man but a man of principle. Everyone has a right to their opinion but that doesn't mean their opinion will be right, such opinions that deny women basic human rights because "they are created from men" are highly idiotic and borne out of lack of common sense. Also what the heck is this? "I pety dis country when d lyks of U gets d so called equality, cuz U can murder Ur hobby", are you really serious? The thousands of women being murdered now by their husbands nko? are you saying the privilege to murders ones hubby should be bestowed to men? how regressive can one be.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Lecturebidz(m): 12:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Cyojunior:
Have you ever wondered? Why is it that all witches are from poor backgrounds? Why are all the children accused of witchcraft from poor and wretched backgrounds? Why is it that all the people amputated under sharia law are poor people? Why is it that all the people flogged for adultery, fornication under sharia law etc are poor people? Why is it that all the people excommunicated from churches are poor people? Why is it that people jailed in our law courts for long prison terms are poor people? Why is it that all the thugs used for snatching ballot boxes and instigating violence on election days are from poor backgrounds? Why is it that all the people beaten and humiliated by soldiers for wearing military camouflages are poor people? The list is endless...

Sheading tears in my heart. We don suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amotekun: Wike, Dickson Quarrel Disturbing Unity Of South South Governors / Fulani People Being Cheated Despite Providing Meat, Milk For Nigeria - Salisu / Yahaya Bello's 41st Birthday Party In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.