Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos (50296 Views)

Passengers Travelling To Zaria Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Accident At Ogborhill Waterside In Aba, Abia Leaves Many Dead. Graphic Pics / Lawyers In Akure Involve In Accident On Their Way To Court, 4 Dead (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by viviangist3: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
From People and Governmental Officials Who Sent The Following To Vivian Gist.

Hon Pat Ajudua in company of Hon Innocent Esewezie SSA to the Governor and Dr Obanya, head Delta State Hospital Management Board visits accident scene and pays condolence to some of the bereaved families.

My heart is pained and bittered. It is traumatic seeing the lifeless bodies of our people littered at the morg in the General Hospital of Ibusa. It calls for sober reflection and the urgent need for Government to speed up work on the dualization of the Asaba Ughelli Express way. I am aware of Government plans to go back to site and I urge relevant authorities to act accordingly in order to save lives and complement Government activities.
Let me assure all that Delta State house of Assembly mourns with the families of the bereaved and on our next seating 15th Tuesday, it will be on our front burner and the seriousness it deserve will be accorded to it.

I commensurate with the bereaved families. The good people of Oshimili north commensurates with bereaved families. I was moved to tears when I was told by the families of Okafor and Okwerekwu how they lost their sons one who just graduated awaiting youth service and the other one who was due to travel to Atlanta in two days time.

While Government is looking at bringing the contractors back on site, I urge the drivers to please drive with caution especially on this road.

May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace. Amen

SSA to the Governor Of Delta State.

The Story about the Accident

Thirteen persons, including a priest of the Anglican Church, Rev. Stanley Ejiniwe, lost their lives in a multiple auto accident which occurred on Thursday night, near Atakpo River in Ibusa along Asaba-Ogwashi Uku road in Delta State.
The death of the Priest, has thrown the entire Asaba Diocese of the Anglican Communion into mourning.

Three vehicles involved in the accident include a Ford bus belonging to Christ Anglican Chursh, Ibusa, with registration number GWK 684 XA; a commercial bus (Mitsubishi L300), with registration number BJ 831 AKD and a Honda car with registration number BEN 413 CF.
It was gathered that the driver of the commercial bus and his wife died in the crash, while the cleric who was recently posted to Christ Anglican Church, Ibusa, was alone in the Ford bus belonging to his parish.

According to eyewitnesses, the priest was descending the hills from Ibusa end of the road had a head-on collision with the fully loaded commercial bus that was ascending the hill, while the Honda car also said to be coming from Ibusa on high speed rammed into the vehicles.

Four survivors of the crash who are in critical conditions are currently receiving treatment at St. Joseph Catholic Hospital and St. Rebecca Hospital, both in Asaba, the state capital, while the dead, 11 males and two females, were deposited at the General Hospital, Ibusa.
The state Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC),Asaba, Mr. Rindom Kumven, who confirmed the accident, blamed the it on over speeding and poor visibility. - Vivian Gist

Source http://www.viviangist.com/14-people-confirmed-dead-as-accident-hits-atakpo-river-in-ibusa-along-asaba-ogwashi-uku-road-delta-state

1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
this Goodluck and Buhari sef.
Why cant they prevent this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by domopps(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
RIP! Pls take it easy with all these gruesome graphic pics

Cheeeeeers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
My God, what's happening to us in Nigeria? This mortality rate is getting out of control. We need your Divine intervention father Lord....

3 Likes

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Flexherbal(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
When you die, that thing you Have been hiding will be made public. All the money in your account, will be pass to your next of kins. Impact in people's lives today.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by thorpido(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Odikwa egwu.
So Viviangist went to the morgue to take pictures or is she not the one in yellow top?

Live right and be of value to humanity.When it's time to leave the earth,let it be that you have done well and you are ready to meet your Creator.

2 Likes

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by viviangist3: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
thorpido:
Odi egwu.
So Viviangist went to the morgue to take pictures or is she not the one in yellow top?

Hmmmmm , see me , see my Head ooo , R.I.P To the Dead
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by highpriest4: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by 1trillionlikes: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
The rich will die, the poor will die... The rich will die like the poor... The educated will die, the illiterate will die, the educated will die like the illiterate.... Everyone will die, go down to the grave where we'll become some maggots' food.... Live responsibly, forgive, finish your food, remember all is vanity.... All these ones lying there have plans too..... Aborted plans

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by xavier0327(f): 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
Jesus christ! !!
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by knightsTempler: 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
cry cry cry

What more can i say?

Lord grant them eternal rest.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Jesus Christ of Nazareth!! shocked cry cry

May this never be our portion. He that watches over Israel shall keep watching over us IJN

RIP to the dead

9 Likes

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by kaywiluv(f): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Lord Have mercy... R.I.P to the dead
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Crystalclara(f): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
OMG..... RIP oooo #runs out#
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
God have mercy ooo
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by ElDeeVee(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
Creepy
Very creepy
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by miki1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Lord forgive us our sins.... this is too much pain 2 bare! cry
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by lielbree: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
cry
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by GboyegaD(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
Naija9090:
If you still believe in One Nigeria with all these daily accidents, then you are a wicked heartless beast. People drive more responsibly when they are patriotic to their country, they care about their fellow country men and women, they have a secured future, the country provides them with basic amenties, their retirement and pensions are secured, e.t.c. People are stressed out in this country that when they are driving they are thinking about how to eat tomorrow, how to pay their children school fees, pay their rent, before you know it, they forget they are driving. SAD! Nigerians don't love Nigeria. Nigeria doesn't love Nigerians, Nigerians are unhappy in Nigeria.

People drive more responsibly when they value their lives and there are penalties for breaking driving laws. It isn't truly about patriotism thus, been united as a nation or otherwise, do not play much role if any in driving behaviors. One thing I learnt of late which is still subject to ongoing research is that intrinsic values are formed more because of state institutions that punish bad behaviors.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by mallamseifaldin(m): 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
Where are you lord?
Has Nigeria been cursed?
The death is too much on our roads......
I am tired of seeing dead and mutilated human beings on this forum....

Those sucking blood our our road should continue their end is near....

1 Like

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Diidi(f): 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
And they couldn't cover their body. Na the ones wey wear clothes they go run find plantain leaves and cover their body.

May they make it to His presence. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
Jesu.. r.i.p. To thm
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by funmilade4real(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Naija9090:
If you still believe in One Nigeria with all these daily accidents, then you are a wicked heartless beast. People drive more responsibly when they are patriotic to their country, they care about their fellow country men and women, they have a secured future, the country provides them with basic amenties, their retirement and pensions are secured, e.t.c. People are stressed out in this country that when they are driving they are thinking about how to eat tomorrow, how to pay their children school fees, pay their rent, before you know it, they forget they are driving. SAD! Nigerians don't love Nigeria. Nigeria doesn't love Nigerians, Nigerians are unhappy in Nigeria.

You are not making sense

13 Likes

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by ify2nyce(f): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
why dem cum dey naked

1 Like

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
RIP to the dead. Really sad news.
Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by eherbal(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Everyday is a miracle as long as we get home safe and sound. For those that take life for granted, always know, death is around the corner.it strikes when we least expect it. Be grateful for life no matter the circumstance.
Very sad and painful.
RIP to the departed sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by piagetskinner(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is just terrible... Why, why why?

Drivers are reckless, our roads are bad.... But accidents can be prevented when divers are careful... # drive carefully.. Avoid overspending.
RIP to the departed

1 Like

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by nicerichard05: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL..

SEEING THINGS LIKE THIS GETS ME SCARED AND WORRIED, IMAGINE THE PAINFUL DEATH THEY HAD TO GO THROUGH. PLS WE SHOULD ALL DRIVE WITH CARE OO, IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE ON ARRIVAL THAN NEVER GETS TO THE VENUE AT ALL..

MEANWHILE VIVIAN WHY YOU NOR CENSOR THERE FACE AND THEIR PRIVATE PART NA, THESE ARE PEOPLE'S PARENTS FOR CHRIST SAKE. ALL WAT YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT IS HOW THIS WILL MAKE FP AND ATTRACT PEOPLE TO YOUR QUACK BLOG. MTCHEWWWW AMATURE JOURNALISM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos by cutiepie25(f): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
The rate at which people die these days on road accidents is alarming. God help us o. R. I. P to the dead and may God help the bereaved families.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport / Uber Driver Flogs Lady Out Of His Car (Video) / Chinese Man, Who Called Kenyatta A Monkey, Deported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.