Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. (24857 Views)

Press Briefing Of Ese Oruru In Abuja / Abductor Of Ese-Oruru Flown To Abuja By Police / Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by amiskurie(m): 9:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
Questions 5 and 6 are meant for your type.
Punch,thisday and others won't pick this up to report.they are what they are.

Do not waste your time replying braindead people.u ve played a good part,and this will remain on the internet for long.

4 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by neocortex: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
Forceful kidnap and conversion of a minor to Islam is worse than raping someone to death.

Can you really listen to yourself??

You say when such cases are reported in the north, "ALL accused persons are shielded by the Emirate council". Smh. Dude, aren't you taking your exaggeration too far?? Haba. Your hatred has made you distort facts so much I doubt you can even believe yourself if you told yourself the truth!

Did you even read up above how two of the six suspects were granted bail at the behest of one Chief?? What do you call that? Is that also Emirate council shielding the rapists??

I don't just know what part of Christianity encourages this level of needless hatred. The one I practice certainly has no room for such.

Your inability to reason coherently is the reason for this post of yours.

Tell me how many lawyers have vowed to defend the rapist ?
Have the parents of the rapist gone to the media to justify their childrens' action ?
How many post have appeared on Nairaland trying to exonerate the rapist as you
and your like have done in yunusa's case.

Left to you , even those gang rapists have committed no crime,
since there are worse crimes being committed by others elsewhere.
Why don't you start a campaign to legalize rape since there are people
who committed worse crimes.

In a sane society, no one justifies a crime because there are worse offenders,
all crimes will be punished according to their severity.

In case you don't know rape and abduction is a crime in Nigeria, you can migrate
to jungles where you will be free to molest others without being questioned.
If you are caught violating others, no amount of article will save you from ending up
in kirikiri.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kaziblake(f): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
lielbree:
I don't understand how you northerners think honestly.
RAPE OF MINORS HAPPENS EVERYWHERE!!!
HERE IN THE SOUTH SUCH ACT IS CONDEMNED BUT IN THE NORTH IT'S NORMAL THAT'S WHY YOU PEOPLE MARRY OUT YOUR DAUGHTERS AT THE AGE OF 8!

NO ONE IN THE SOUTH DOSE THAT NOT EVEN IN THE DAYS OF OLD!
SO PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS THE HYPOCRISY?

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NORTH AND SOUTH ON THIS ISSUE.
Notherners and southerners are samething.....No Difference.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by macaranta(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
OP YOUR point is dead on arrival...the ebonyi peeps were promptly arrested without any form of resistance from any 'igbotic' royalty.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kaziblake(f): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
fatymore:
I don't glorify bad acts..but some you people wil never say d truth..if a muslim does something you attribute it to Islam but christians..you won't ascribe it to christianity....
Exactly!

6 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kaziblake(f): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2016
mile12crises:
These Northern animals again..

Ese was abducted, raped, impregnated and forcefully converted to a cancerous religion of piss.
As if that wasn't enough, the Emir harbored a kidnap victim and impeded the arrest the culprit.

The Ebonyi case is a gang-rape which we all know is a crime and are not shielding the culprits like the idiootic and scarf-tying dolt in Kano.
Calling People created by God "animals"?
Will tribalism ever end?

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Iykopee(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
kaziblake:
Notherners and southerners are samething.....No Difference.

Omo there's a huge difference between north and south.. Can u let ur own daughter marry @ age 8?
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by caphone: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
Chai! And yu go dey boost say yu go school. Why didn't yu understand the content of the post first before this trash
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by neocortex: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
fatymore:
Some christians on Nairaland are So STEEWPID...Quote me and I know you are one of them

It is unfortunate that you as a woman are justifying rape and abduction just
to defend your religion.
Normal people condemn crime not rating which crime is worse.

SMH
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by DIVINE78: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2016
These are 2 different case.
Was Amaka raped in the eze's palace?
Has any religion leader rationalise the rapists action?
Did the rapist hide from the police in the eze's palace?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2016
MENELIK1:
What have you been smoking of late
ONLY SAID THE TRUTH, I GOT GREAT MUSLIM FRIENDS ON NAIRALAND LIKE ABUAMAM, EMPIREE, MIDOLIAN, RILWAYNE001 ETC, I AM ONLY SAYING WHEN WE SEE WHAT'S WRONG WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS TO BECLOUD OUR COMMON SENSE. I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I STRONGLY CONDEMN SUCH ACT, THOSE FOUND WANTING SHOULD BE KILLED. I WAS CHATTING WITH A MOBILE POLICEMAN IN MY OFFICE, HE IS FROM THE NORTH AND HE TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE SO MANY ABDUCTIONS GOING ON IN THE NORTH, AND THAT MOST EMIRS PARTAKE IN SUCH EVIL ACT. HE MADE MENTION OF THE EMIR OF KASTINA AND KANO. HE WORKED IN THOSE STATES AND WAS PRIVILEGED TO HAVE VISITED THE PALACE OF THOSE EMIRS.

NB: COMMON SENSE SHOULD COME BEFORE RELIGION, LIKE I USE TO SAY, 'GOD IS A GOD OF COMMON SENSE'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kaziblake(f): 9:55am On Mar 16, 2016
Iykopee:

Omo there's a huge difference between north and south.. Can u let ur own daughter marry @ age 8?
No I can't ,But I know a southern lady who got married at the age of 14yrs.
Hate comment against a certain tribe is getting too much on nairaland,Notherners are one of the most peaceful people in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Kennydoc(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
You folks need to come out more to defend your region and religion and ensure this wanton criminalisation of all Northerners and Muslims is stopped.

You need to deconstrust the destructive propaganda against your people before it becomes too late. Tons of misleading info about you guys are being consumed on cyberspace and social media daily. The narative has to change.

How many times have you seen a Christian that committed a crime justify his actions by the Bible? Yet terrorists like Boko Haram justify their actions by the Quran, and even the child abductors have often time been shielded by the Sharia Commission. We've had about 4 or more cases so far.
The annoyance of southerners is based on the fact that these crimes committed against Christians up North are justified by several Northerners.

How many times do we hear of simple religious issues happening up North and then Christians are killed in droves. How do you expect the southern Christians to trust the northern Muslims, when their lives are often not safe in their midst?

Again, there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy with the Quran. While the book advocates intimidation, suppression and subduing of 'infidels', Muslims verbally deny that, yet we see them happen everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by caphone: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2016
[s]Common sense is dead in that North oh. So rape in south justifies abduction of minors from south. How does the crime of an isolated gang in Ebonyi justifies the support of sharia 'cults' & Emirs for Islamist crimes and criminals? We have a group who forces themselves on the people 'constitutionally' and another who have no cover. The OP is feigning stupídìty here.[/s]

Hmmm common sense that's what you don't have. At the bolded look at how shamelessly yu expose your ignorance. No wonder they say never argue with stupid people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat yu with experience of their stupidity

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by gesundheit: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2016
Kennydoc:

How many times have you seen a Christian that committed a crime justify his actions by the Bible? Yet terrorists like Boko Haram justify their actions by the Quran, and even the child abductors have often time been shielded by the Sharia Commission. We've had about 4 or more cases so far.
The annoyance of southerners is based on the fact that these crimes committed against Christians up North are justified by several Northerners.

How many times do we hear of simple religious issues happening up North and then Christians are killed in droves. How do you expect the southern Christians to trust the northern Muslims, when their lives are often not safe in their midst?

Again, there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy with the Quran. While the book advocates intimidation, suppression and subduing of 'infidels', Muslims verbally deny that, yet we see them happen everyday.

Joseph kony of lra, anders brevik and the Amish Christian army of south west America plus the almighty kkk and odin army.

8 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by manie(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
Forceful kidnap and conversion of a minor to Islam is worse than raping someone to death.

Can you really listen to yourself??

You say when such cases are reported in the north, "ALL accused persons are shielded by the Emirate council". Smh. Dude, aren't you taking your exaggeration too far?? Haba. Your hatred has made you distort facts so much I doubt you can even believe yourself if you told yourself the truth!

Did you even read up above how two of the six suspects were granted bail at the behest of one Chief?? What do you call that? Is that also Emirate council shielding the rapists??

I don't just know what part of Christianity encourages this level of needless hatred. The one I practice certainly has no room for such.

http://www.punchng.com/police-rescue-three-stolen-bauchi-girls/
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by zainabxel(f): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2016
[quote author=Progressive01 post=43806717]Good evening.

OP and the others claiming hypocrisy, if you can be very sincere, imagine it was a christian guy from the south east that eloped with a muslim girl from kano and then converted and married her, what do you think would have happened?

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by marabout(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2016
And this is what they call one Nigeria.

They can't even agree on what's an isolated condemnable crime & forced religious crime/marriage on a minor.

It seems only oil is making the elite force the so called unity of Nigeria. shocked

Una fit ban me if una like o. I don talk my own.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by sweetgala(m): 10:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Standing5:
Common sense is dead in that North oh. So rape in south justifies abduction of minors from south. How does the crime of an isolated gang in Ebonyi justifies the support of sharia 'cults' & Emirs for Islamist crimes and criminals? We have a group who forces themselves on the people 'constitutionally' and another who have no cover. The OP is feigning stupídìty here.

Hypocrisy at it's best, you obviously do not comprehend the issue well.

The evil of rape which is endemic in the South East and somewhat is the SS and SW is far greater than an elopement.

We are yet to receive any qualitative information of systematic mass abductions of minors beyond the activities of BH.

We have many young ladies being killed, and murdered South of the Niger in their hundreds daily by their fellow clans people. A total betrayal of trust and allegiance.

People like you pay it no mind, it's not your family member of friend that has been raped after all and their is no tribal gain or an opportunity to insult those northerners.

God is watching you all in 3D

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Igbospower(m): 10:05am On Mar 16, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Didn't you read where the Emir directed for the matter to be handed over to the state police AIG; including a copy of the same orders released to the press as evidence of his non complicity; how does that amount to shielding of any body - why must you and your ilk continue to expose your ignorance and embarrassingly mental laziness to comprehend?
so according to u, an emir who is supposed to be the leader gives a direct order to his supposed followers and they disobey him... so who is exposing his ignorance now
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by gbishman: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2016
What stops this Ese girl from being the ambassador of girl child molestation like the other lady who the taliban almost killed for trying to be educated

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by uchwar1: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2016
EazyMoh:
thummum but mum umyum fahun la ya'aqilun!
They are deaf and dumb they would never assimilate!
Their's is a case of a donkey carrying loads of books. They may be literate, but they are most ignorant!
Their case is hopeless, all you can do is pity them.
Ask them to conduct a quick censors of the average age their girls lose their virginity it will not be more than 14, yet cry blue murder about Ese's elopement, yes! it was never abduction.
I currently live in the south and my js3 student spent last two nights in her boyfriends room. This is most rampant as some of them actually take in and stop coming to school. All these are normal in their societies.
The saddest thing is that whenever a certain pastor commits a crime even if he links it directly to Christianity, he's labeled a fake pastor, but a a misguided motor park rout commits a crime so long he has a Muslim sounding name, it's Islam that takes the bashing.
I don't care much replying most of them, because I don't see the point. Like I said most of them are intellectually handicapped.
u have a point but why should she be converted to Islam? Or are u saying the Ese of a girl decided to convert on her own?
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by SeverusSnape(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
You folks need to come out more to defend your region and religion and ensure this wanton criminalisation of all Northerners and Muslims is stopped.

You need to deconstrust the destructive propaganda against your people before it becomes too late. Tons of misleading info about you guys are being consumed on cyberspace and social media daily. The narative has to change.
You must be omenka, Because I know no one will defend the Hausa/Fulani hegemony if not you.

The day you'll condemn them for wrecking havoc on your state, Snow will fall in Nigeria.
Just imagine the trash you wrote up there.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Iykopee(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2016
kaziblake:
No I can't ,But I know a southern lady who got married at the age of 14yrs.
Hate comment against a certain tribe is getting too much on nairaland,Notherners are one of the most peaceful people in nigeria.

Age 14 got married on parental consent? That's against the law of the land. U see things like this happen around the country but, specifically, i hate it when people try as possible as they can to justify evil. Nobody in the christians' dominated south supported rape case of Ebonyi state. and this, to the best of my knowledge wasn't the case of yunusa when his got mentioned. So there's a huge gap in rationalisation between north and south.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by ssultana(f): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2016
A thousand and one incredibly foolish fellows on this website save for the op and a few sane others.....I've had it in mind to write on issues of this sort but have been too busy.Whether you like it or not,disagree or agree this is a completely true article and most southern Christians are just terrible people to northerners.I have a few Christian friends who are igbo and I'm not even sure they read the same bible you do..Change the errors of your ways

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by modath(f): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01,

I have been "accused" of being a muslim , ( which to me is neither a crime nor an insult cos i'm Yoruba & have lots of relatives & friends who are, so no one cares) cos of the wholehearted support one gives to PMB & the confidence displayed in order to show people the errors in their faulty thinking & crazy antics..

Yinusa & Ese eloped (if Ese later changed her mind is a different matter entirely) , because unless one is being mischievous or plain dumb, one should question oneself, cos it is very strange that Yinusa was able to get Ese all the way to Kano from Bayelsa ( about 1,000km journey) & she never put up any resistance, or did Yinusa own his own private army & transportation which in turn aided a stealth movement

As for the Ebonyi Rapists, as long as they are not muslims, the bigots are ok.....

Senators shot down the gender bill, these people didn't know that the Enugu HOA did months before now & started convulsing till it was thrown into their hypocritical & intolerant faces....

I have a deeply ethno religious bigoted acquintance (he is manageable in other ways) who used to run his mouth about Yoruba men impregnating multiple women out of wedlock & how it never happens in Igbo Land....

Since Flavour started his 2baba 2.0 adventure, he has changed the narrative to entertainers are not human beings & should be discounted....I asked, "what about the women Flavour put in the family way, he claimed thay are loose & don't have home training"..

Then news filtered in that someone (SE guy) we both know impregnated a young SE teenager , he has shut up ever since & doesn't even squeak when i troll him about promiscuity & it not being the sole preserve of any region....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kaziblake(f): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:

I understand you perfectly well.Pls learn to ignore.
You know nairalanders and hate comments.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by sweetgala(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Didnt you see where the culprits were brought to book and not shielded by one Igwe or Emir.

Continue to shoot yourself in the foot trying to defend that stoooopid Yunusa abd the lazy and senile emir

Ooh you were oblivious to the fact that two of the culprits were granted bail.

Please stop this stupid and faslde information , it has been proven that the office of the Emir gave an order for the young girl to be return to the custody nof her parents in August so when it was consulted.

The failure of the sharia court and Police to follow the instructions of the Emirs council is no business if the Emir

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Bibby25(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2016
My heart bleed for my country and it people.....until we start seeing ourself as 1 in this country,be you Muslim ,Christain,Hausa,Yoruba,Igbo n what have you.....We can't move forward.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by olapluto(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2016
Well, I keep saying. Nigerian Christians are the worst brand of Christianity. They can never progress because they have so tied their progress to some blawdy GOs and hypocrisy.

A simple survey of rape cases on Nairaland alone will paint a gory picture of Christian rape endemic. However, that is not something you find people talking about. Also, Muslims are not calling out Christians to apologise for the rape cases of the pastors and church elders.

As for Ese's case, Yunusa did an awfully bad thing. However, he is still better than most youths in the South who impregnate girls and do not take responsibility. If the rape cases lead to pregnancy, it is usually swept under the carpet.

5 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by MadCow1: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2016
gesundheit:

Joseph kony of lra, anders brevik and the Amish Christian army of south west America plus the almighty kkk and odin army.

grin grin grin grin grin

Dude!! You have got to dumb it down to like I.Q level 25 and below for these Hybrid reetards to understand.. grin

They wouldnt know about those names because they are not Muslim names.. grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Woman Collapses In Owerri Court. Rushed To Hospital. Photos / #wakawakabuhari Trending On Twitter (tweets) / Ibrahim Shekarau Wins Senatorial Seat In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.