Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,460 members, 7,854,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard (959 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Weds 18-Year-Old Boy In Abia (Photos) / 70-year-old Herbalist With 57 Wives Sacks 8. "His Kids Sleeps With His Wives" / 69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by HungerBAD: 5:27am On Mar 16, 2016
By Emeka Mamah Enugu—

A 69 year old herbalist, Chief Simon Odo, who married an 18 year old girl, Chidinma, as his 57th wife last November has said that he would not marry again, having had a fair of women in his life. Chidinma was married from Okutu, in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State. Odo, also known variously as Onuwa, King Solomon of Africa or King of Satan was however married to 68 women but some of them had earlier died.

Augustina Odo (nee Asogwa) and Virginia, nee Mogbo from Oraifite were among the dead ones. However, Odo spoke in an interview with the South East Voice at his palatial home at Aji, Enugu Ezike in Igboeze North Local Government Area of Enugu State. Emeka, first son, Franca, one of the wives and Onuwa Onuwa who was armed with an Onward note book where names of his wives and over 200 children were listed according to their dates of birth said that his first son, Emeka was born on December 15, 1969.

“I was born in 1947 on the day they had an eclipse of the sun and the moon. There was darkness in the afternoon on the day I was born. I was the only son of my parents. “I was baptised as a Christian in the Catholic Church and I even became a mass servant under Rev Father Desmond McGlade. I however became a herbalist because of circumstances beyond my control. As I said, I was the only son of my parents but because some of his relations wanted to take over his landed property, they poisoned me.

I contracted tuberculosis and had to be treated for years. At a point, I was even unable to walk for about five years because I became lame. “I ran to Ondo State in the South West, where I trained to become a herbalist at the age of 15, before returning to the village. I married 15 wives when my father was alive and the situation prolonged his life. He died in 1992 at the ripe old age of over 90 years. My first son has seven children and four grandchildren. “Any of my children who chooses to become a Christian is free to do so, provided he/she must become a Catholic. I don’t like the Pentecostal churches.” The new bride, Chidinma On feeding of his large family, Onuwa said, “People think that I feed many of them but this is not true. Most of my children are grown up.

The boys among them usually marry and go to their own houses just like the girls who marry and follow their husbands to their places.” However, my wives cook food for the whole family in turns. For example, if it is the turn of Ada or Omada to cook, she would invite five of her colleagues to assist her in cooking. One woman cooks for everybody in the house at a time but my other wives would always assist such a person.”

Asked if any of his sons has taken after him as a herbalist, he said, “I will not encourage them to do so. I don’t want my sons to take after me because some of them will do bad things with my medicine. As a herbalist, I have never killed anybody or thought of evil against anybody but I do not trust that my children would be upright like me. That is why I will not encourage them to inherit my medicine but I may bequeath them to some of my younger children, not the old, greedy ones.”

Meanwhile, it was learnt that although Onuwa abhorred seeing his children attend churches other than the Catholic church, seven of them were ordained pastors at the Lord’s Chosen Church. Hitherto, some of them attended Catholic and Anglican churches while many of them took after their father in his business. However, the ordination of the pastors brought about a radical Christian awakening in the extra-large family of Chief Odo. In the past four years, there had been a simmering misunderstanding between the pastors and their father regarding his herbal practice.

The pastors were said to be mounting heavy pressure on him to repent and turn to Jesus, a demand the herbalist spurned. Odo, said to have lost one of his wives last February, had arranged for the burial programme, which his pastor’s sons rejected and rather organized a prayer programme for her burial, triggering confusion in the family.

Lalasticlacla

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/herbalist-69-marries-18-year-old-girl-as-57th-wife/

1 Like

Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:27am On Mar 16, 2016
Somebody should advice him to marry more 12 wives, so that everything will remain balanced..

The man is high on Okpa
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Pheals(f): 5:30am On Mar 16, 2016
His charm are still working! !
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by lilmax(m): 5:44am On Mar 16, 2016
His life,his body,his wives aint your biz remember?
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by kogirodent: 5:58am On Mar 16, 2016
na wa o.
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by DropShot: 6:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Make I look for small trouble this morning .....

Had this been in the North or SW, IPOB touts would have flooded this thread with their smelly mouth. grin

Runs out quickly before they break my head.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by kayceerilyn(f): 6:22am On Mar 16, 2016
And I wonder if he knows the names of all his wives and not to mention his children...... Iranu
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by pyyxxaro: 6:25am On Mar 16, 2016
See as the guy relax for bed like say na Elegushi e de

Ibo kwenu

Ibo kwenu
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by kekakuz(m): 6:27am On Mar 16, 2016
men. I want to meet this man
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by tyson99(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2016
if them go talk nw dem go say na hardworking mangrin lazy Arrow!
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Tallesty1(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2016
kayceerilyn:
And I wonder if he knows the names of all his wives and not to mention his children...... Iranu
I know the man in person and trust me, he doesn't know the name of his kids.

The last time he was interview(years ago, the number of his wives then was 36 and he said that he will only marry if Nigerian creates more state) he told the journalist that the last time he counted his children and grand children, they were above two hundred.

The have their own school nursery and primary and he gives them mark so they won't bleep each other.

The funny thing is, if this man is passing and overhear you saying something like "I can't marry this man, I don't know what those girls see in him" then you should be ready to be his next wife.
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by amiskurie(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2016
All those foolish people blaming a whole Hausa generation because of Ese's Yellow will be silent for this one.just watch!

"I don’t want my sons to take after me because some of them will do bad things with my medicine. As a herbalist, I have never killed anybody or thought of evil against anybody but I do not trust that my children would be upright like me That is why I will not encourage them to inherit my medicine but I may bequeath them to some of my younger children, not the old, greedy ones.” ........ Haha,but a square shaped-head Enema would always be greedy,just wait a minute.

#SquaredHeadOldRatchetFreeCHIDIMA.

Look at this thread. Progressive01
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by southernbelle(f): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2016
kayceerilyn:
cheesy I was wondering same thing too, how does he remember the name of each particular child whenever he needs him/her?
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by kayceerilyn(f): 7:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

The last time he was interview(years ago, the number of his wives then was 36 and he said that he will only marry if Nigerian creates more state) he told the journalist that the last time he counted his children and grand children, they were above two hundred.

The have their own school nursery and primary and he gives them mark so they won't bleep each other.

The funny thing is, if this man is passing and overhear you saying something like "I can't marry this man, I don't know what those girls see in him" then you should be ready to be his next wife.
I though I read him saying that he doesn't hurt people with charms
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by southernbelle(f): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

Really? This is interesting cheesy
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by amiskurie(m): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2016
lilmax:
His life,his body,his wives aint your biz remember?

JUST BECAUSE HE ISN'T FROM A CERTAIN TRIBE?
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2016
kayceerilyn:
I though I read him saying that he doesn't hurt people with charms
I can't vouch for him.
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Tallesty1(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2016
southernbelle:

Really? This is interesting cheesy
gringringrin

I want a female atheist to try him.
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by southernbelle(f): 7:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:
I want a female atheist to try him.

Really? grin and what if she falls under his spell too? That will be one experiment gone horribly wrong
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by lilmax(m): 7:35am On Mar 16, 2016
amiskurie:

JUST BECAUSE HE ISN'T FROM A CERTAIN TRIBE?
no,because its a free world and we should not judge.....isawa right to do what we want gringringrin
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by ijustdey: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2016
the man have used his medicine and juju to charm those girls and women to marry him

because I can't see the attraction in him that would make them want to marry him
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Tallesty1(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
southernbelle:
Really? grin and what if she falls under his spell too? That will be one experiment gone horribly wrong
Well, that's how great men and women of God are made. You doubt - see- become convinced - quits doubting and believe.

Faith is to believe without doubt y'know gringringringrin
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by Godsbaby1(f): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
DropShot:
Make I look for small trouble this morning .....

Had this been in the North or SW, IPOB touts would have flooded this thread with their smelly mouth. grin

Runs out quickly before they break my head.
the enugu man got a brother in the north his name is mohamed bello abubakah he maried 68 wives, around 2006/7 or 8 is was all over the news, when he was confronted his wives went protesting telling the media shud leave them that they love their husband, u see north has it all
Re: Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard by wilybebsy(m): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2016
If this should be in the north now, its gonna be different set of comments

Naija and hypocrisy

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice On Best Action To Take / In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.