Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help (949 Views)

In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples / Word Of Advice For Men Only / Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by canadianboy(m): 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
over 7 years of marriage, I had been searchingly for employment. Luckily, an opportunity came and a foremost financial institution gave me a job but had to post me far to a CORE NORTH city where the level of security is of concern. But being a family man in desperate need of a means of livelihood, I had to accept the offer believing sooner than expected, a new job down south would surface or better still, a redeployment would be possible down south.
Friends, I am close to 4years now in that region without any hope of being reunited with my emotionally tortured family members who miss me every minute of the day. I visit them like 4 times a year.
Now I am depressed now and can't continue this lifestyle as it has had adverse effect on my wife and my grown up kids who complain all time.
But I can't leave the job without another and I am missing my family and they are missing me as well. My request goes thus: anyone with contacts for jobs down south should kindly help me out or a useful advice. I wish to leave the North at the end of this year. I just feel I should give a priority to my family just as much as I give to my career. I work specifically in Yola and my family are in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by iSpread(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
ha... talk to God na or you don't believe in him? it won't take more than 3 weeks for a favoured change.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by uboma(m): 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
jobs are hard to come by with each passing day except you have professional skills.
Within these 4 years, have you been able to save up some good amount of money to venture into a trade?
if no, my advise is, hang on a little longer while you develop other skills that will be handy after your resignation.
don't forget to look out for opportunities that abound in Yola and utilize them as much as you can.
all the best to you.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by chriskosherbal(m): 3:10am On Nov 18, 2016
I understand you perfectly, but keep searching for new jobs and don't stop trusting on this God.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by dayleke: 5:27am On Nov 18, 2016
Does your job have any branch in d south?
Try and network too.
Jobs are scarce nowadays tho...
But noftin too impossible for baba God na....
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by yorhmienerd(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2016
Since your place of work is in the North, why not move them to your residence in the north. Preferably during hols
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by Agbaletu: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2016
I know Yola and i can consider the city to be safe. I know it is not easy to stay away from the family. I will advise you to make more money before leaving your job. If you know you can take care of the family very well, then you can leave Yola.
I have been there. This is my 9 years of being away from my family but i visit them every fortnight, although it is not easy.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by shadeyinka(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Why dont you move your family to where you are!

Sometimes a land flowing with milk and honey is a desert but if you don't open your eyes, you will miss all the opportunities god sends your way to prosper you.

Check out the opportunities available where you are and make maximum use of them.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by Slimmos(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2016
Relocate ur family to yola..Yola is very safe or move them to somewhere closer like Abuja or Kaduna.A friend's family have been living in yola for the past 10years. They are living fine. No b Yola, American univerisity dey?
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by Mintayo(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2016
Op, Yola is safe. Please move your family to Yola or any closer Northern state like Abuja. Or you pray they transfer you.
Please don't quit unless you have another job. I know someone who was just in your shoes, the person left her job in Yola thinking she will get another one here but till date she has not. The only difference is that she left to join her husband here.
All the best.
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by PresVA: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2016
Don't leave the job without having a plan B because you'll be more depressed when your family goes hungry. .

Intensify your job search. .
Continue pushing for a transfer. .
You can start a business in Lagos and relocate when it starts thriving. .

Or you can relocate your family to Yola.

For the time being, make out time EVERYDAY no matter how little to communicate with your wife and kids( on Skype)... I like media like skype because you get to see the person(s) at the other end...
communication is very key in a distant relationship...

wish you the best and pray that you reunite with your family soon...
Re: In Dire Need Of Advice Or Help by toby2(m): 9:47am On Nov 19, 2016
hmmm... Trials of being a man. May God strengthen, encourage, enlighten and send u help sir in Jesus' name. Am too young to advice u sir, they v said it all.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Gift-kwese TV Decoder As A Valuable Present / How To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight, Naturally And Fast / Don't Scrow Down Again, Enter Here Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.