Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze (2632 Views)

"Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President / Buhari Lacks Moral Right To Talk About Party Supremacy – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by christopher123(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2016
Professor Ben Nwabueze, a renowed Lawyer and President of the Patriots, a revered group of Elder statesmen in Nigeria, says President Buhari lacks the intellectual capacity to rule a complex country like Nigeria. Nwabueze said this in an interview with The Sun newspaper.

this news can be found at http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/03/buhari-lacks-capacity-to-rule-nigeria.html#more

"I do not think that it is a question of not being prepared. Don't forget that the 2015 election was his fourth time of contesting, of making an attempt at being President. He tried to be president for 12 years. So, he had more than enough time to prepare himself if he had the capacity. So, it is not that he was not prepared. The fact is that he lacks the capacity to govern as the problems are beyond him.

Even if you give him 20 years to prepare, it would still be beyond his capacity. Nigeria is a very complex country. I have told you before, that we have 389 ethnic nationalities. The complexities and the issues involved in ruling such a country are huge. Leading such a complex country is an intellectual issue and Buhari does not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend what it means to govern the country"he said

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by SouthernBreeze(m): 9:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Bubu wished he never contested, that's why he's always running from responsibilities by traveling

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by plaetton: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2016
And that's it in nutshell.

Anyone expecting a change for the better in the next 4 years is only being delusional.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by johnmark1234(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2016
K
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by diasporaman(m): 9:41am On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari was the best option for Nigerians at a time when the country was heading for a total collapse. So grand pa Ben Nwabueze you have to be calm change is a gradual process it doesn't come in a day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by eyeview: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2016
christopher123:
Professor Ben Nwabueze, a renowed Lawyer and President of the Patriots, a revered group of Elder statesmen in Nigeria, says President Buhari lacks the intellectual capacity to rule a complex country like Nigeria. Nwabueze said this in an interview with The Sun newspaper.

this news can be found at http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/03/buhari-lacks-capacity-to-rule-nigeria.html#more

"I do not think that it is a question of not being prepared. Don't forget that the 2015 election was his fourth time of contesting, of making an attempt at being President. He tried to be president for 12 years. So, he had more than enough time to prepare himself if he had the capacity. So, it is not that he was not prepared. The fact is that he lacks the capacity to govern as the problems are beyond him.

Even if you give him 20 years to prepare, it would still be beyond his capacity. Nigeria is a very complex country. I have told you before, that we have 389 ethnic nationalities. The complexities and the issues involved in ruling such a country are huge. Leading such a complex country is an intellectual issue and Buhari does not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend what it means to govern the country"he said

Very very true. When faced with a national challenge,he just wishes it away.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Promantwo(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari why aways you?
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by christopher123(m): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2016
lol...we are in for it
eyeview:

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Seconded!

Its no longer a breaking news tho.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by chernest2002: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2016
I wish Buhari succeed,but the question is, do he have the mental knowledge and fiscal strength to succeed? Even Apc can answer this by now.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by normaljenny(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
Prof should just do us the favour of shutting his trap up. That is why they have messed up the ohaneze ndi igbo forum with their unnecessary political meddling. He and the rest of them so-called technocrats should just shut up.

I miss chinua achebe, and alsonalex ekwueme the only ibo icon that thinks before they speak.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Mutuwa(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
chernest2002:
I wish Buhari succeed,but the question is, do he have the mental knowledge and fiscal strength to succeed? Even Apc can answer this by now.

grin
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Adminisher: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
christopher123:

This is another fake, corrupt Igbo professor. What is the meaning of intellectual capacity?.Very idiotic bustardised Nigerian word. Very few modern people use the word anymore.
A President needs EXECUTIVE ABILITY.

In essence, this is what I want done and when I want results. It is an executive Presidency we have.

Who has the intellectual capacity to rule anybody. Modi is the most popular Prime Minister of India in recent times. All Indian Muslims say he does not have intellectual capacity to rule India.
Obama is an intellectual, maybe the only true intellectual in government but a lot of white Americans prefer a Trump.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Adminisher: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2016
eyeview:

Buhari does not wish anything away. He is not wishing Kanu, Boko Haram and ND militancy away. He is dezcending very heavily like he should. This Prof does not know a thing about leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by blaqoracle: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2016
christopher123:

I still maintain my earlier stand that this man is a roadside lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by SleekMallam: 10:01am On Mar 16, 2016
Very brief and direct. I have seen abnormalities in this administration where professors are made Clarks to common entrance holders.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by mars123(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2016
see this one talking about intellectual capacity.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Mutuwa(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2016
mars123:
see this one talking about intellectual property.

capacity,not property.

by and large,the professor is entitled to his opinion o! even if it sounds stupid.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Sealeddeal(m): 10:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari thought that government is all about fighting corruption.
Nigeria is heading for doom if Buhari continue with his utterly nonchalant attitude towards of issues of national peace, security and cohesion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Adminisher:

This is another fake, corrupt Igbo professor. What is the meaning of intellectual capacity?.Very idiotic bustardised Nigerian word. Very few modern people use the word anymore.
A President needs EXECUTIVE ABILITY.

In essence, this is what I want done and when I want results. It is an executive Presidency we have.

Who has the intellectual capacity to rule anybody. Modi is the most popular Prime Minister of India in recent times. All Indian Muslims say he does not have intellectual capacity to rule India.
Obama is an intellectual, maybe the only true intellectual in government but a lot of white Americans prefer a Trump.

U funny gaan! Where was trump when Obama first became President?. Wer was trump wen Obama went in for the second tenure?? I guess your answer is : He hasn't been born by then! I bet you, if Obama hasnt been a presindent before now, he will floor trump straight down.To be a president my bro, u must posses all necessary qualities period! Only Executive quality makes u kip givin excuses for your failure as usual, cos you're gonna blame it on the people u tell... "Get this done and get that one done.." Just like Buhari has been doing..

Goosh, for crying out loud, he is the no 1 rep of all Nigerian citizens, professionals, intellectuals, lawyers, inventors, scientists, professors etc recognized worldwide.. And u tell me he doesn't need intellect to lead lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by ThankGodEdeh(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2016
#fact

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by mars123(m): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Mutuwa:

capacity,not property.

by and large,the professor is entitled to his opinion o! even if it sounds stupid.
I know the man is but Nigeria is used to having leaders without the intellectual capacity for the job. Still it doesn't mean intellectual capacity is a required characteristics for someone that'll make a great president. That is where the professor lost me.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2016
I vividly remembered wen his govt were lamenting that past administration did not hand over to them properly, that he will take sometime to learn and arrange things before we starts his administration. That was wen it dawn on me that this guy no follow!! [color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by fallout87: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2016
He is obviously being controlled by looters and thieves around him.

The man is old. Only foolish African countries will put a man aged like him to be their president in these times of advancement, information and knowledge.

This isn't 1970s.. smh

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by fallout87: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2016
mars123:
I know the man is but Nigeria is used to having leaders without the intellectual capacity for the job. Still it doesn't mean intellectual capacity is a required characteristics for someone that'll make a great president. That is where the professor lost me.

Nonsense post.

If you don't have intellectual capability, then how will you make the right decisions?

How will you know when someone is trying to deceive you?

Maybe that is why Buhari con risky is getting deceived with fake budget, etc..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by justice2016: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2016
diasporaman:
Buhari was the best option for Nigerians at a time when the country was heading for a total collapse. So grand pa Ben Nwabueze you have to be calm change is a gradual process it doesn't come in a day

brainwashed people every where. Which country was heading to collapse? Gej regime placed Nigeria as the continent largest economy n money was every where.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by plaetton: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2016
diasporaman:

Not true.

There was no imminent collapse.
These were deliberately exaggerated claims by the propaganda machinery.

Pls kindly tell us what was collapsing ?

If Nigeria didn't collapse during the maradona days of Babangida, during the cancellation of the June 12 1993 elections, during the repressive and very corrupt Abacha days , and during impasse brought about by Yaradua's illness, then it's very very silly for anyone to suggest that Nigeria was on the verge of collapse during a Democratic government that brought and shepherded real economic growth, expanded ( for the first time in nearly a century) the Nigerian middle class.

The Jonathan administration, against all challenges, meticulously laid the best foundations for genuine economic development.

The administration's foundations in agriculture, power generation and distribution, education ( 12 new federal universities), infrastructural development ( especially in the poor North) is second to none in the post Independence Nigeria.
These are facts that stare you directly in the face at all times.

Was there corruption ?
Yes.
Certainly there was.
As there has always been corruption in the Nigerian polical system.

There is no proof so far that Jonathan's administration had more corruption than any administration before it, going all the way back to the Shagari era.

Therefore , it is an insult to every Nigerian to say or insinuate that Buhari was the only option we had in order to avoid a collapse.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by plaetton: 10:50am On Mar 16, 2016
justice2016:

brainwashed people every where. Which country was heading to collapse? Gej regime placed Nigeria as the continent largest economy n money was every where.

Pls educate the zombies.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by plaetton: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Adminisher:

Buhari does not wish anything away. He is not wishing Kanu, Boko Haram and ND militancy away. He is dezcending very heavily like he should. This Prof does not know a thing about leadership.

Give me one leadership quality Buhari has shown in his entire life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by magicalx(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
In other words, Buhari is a dullard>>>>

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by idupaul: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2016
He might be right you know

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun School Uniform Crisis: Religious Battle Enters Physical, Spiritual Realm / FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [13 October, 2017]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.