Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,821 members, 7,851,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze (2643 Views)

"Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President / Buhari Lacks Moral Right To Talk About Party Supremacy – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Sunnynwa: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2016
diasporaman:
Buhari was the best option for Nigerians at a time when the country was heading for a total collapse. So grand pa Ben Nwabueze you have to be calm change is a gradual process it doesn't come in a day

If dollar changing from 168 to 400 is not change, I wonder what is.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Mutuwa(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
mars123:
I know the man is but Nigeria is used to having leaders without the intellectual capacity for the job. Still it doesn't mean intellectual capacity is a required characteristics for someone that'll make a great president. That is where the professor lost me.

as simple as you just adumbrated. smiley
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by eyeview: 11:53am On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

Not true.

There was no imminent collapse.
These were deliberately exaggerated claims by the propaganda machinery.

Pls kindly tell us what was collapsing ?

If Nigeria didn't collapse during the maradona days of Babangida, during the cancellation of the June 12 1993 elections, during the repressive and very corrupt Abacha days , and during impasse brought about by Yaradua's illness, then it's very very silly for anyone to suggest that Nigeria was on the verge of collapse during a Democratic government that brought and shepherded real economic growth, expanded ( for the first time in nearly a century) the Nigerian middle class.

The Jonathan administration, against all challenges, meticulously laid the best foundations for genuine economic development.

The administration's foundations in agriculture, power generation and distribution, education ( 12 new federal universities), infrastructural development ( especially in the poor North) is second to none in the post Independence Nigeria.
These are facts that stare you directly in the face at all times.

Was there corruption ?
Yes.
Certainly there was.
As there has always been corruption in the Nigerian polical system.

There is no proof so far that Jonathan's administration had more corruption than any administration before it, going all the way back to the Shagari era.

Therefore , it is an insult to every Nigerian to say or insinuate that Buhari was the only option we had in order to avoid a collapse.

This is one of the most sensible and objective post I've read in a longtime. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by 989900: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2016
emmanayo:

U funny gaan! Where was trump when Obama first became President?. Wer was trump wen Obama went in for the second tenure?? I guess your answer is : He hasn't been born by then! I bet you, if Obama hasnt been a presindent before now, he will floor trump straight down.To be a president my bro, u must posses all necessary qualities period! Only Executive quality makes u kip givin excuses for your failure as usual, cos you're gonna blame it on the people u tell... "Get this done and get that one done.." Just like Buhari has been doing..

Goosh, for crying out loud, he is the no 1 rep of all Nigerian citizens, professionals, intellectuals, lawyers, inventors, scientists, professors etc recognized worldwide.. And u tell me he doesn't need intellect to lead lipsrsealed

Are you sure you got his (Adminisher's) 'drift' ?
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by malton: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2016
At least, he possesses the grit!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
Adminisher:

This is another fake, corrupt Igbo professor. What is the meaning of intellectual capacity?.Very idiotic bustardised Nigerian word. Very few modern people use the word anymore.
A President needs EXECUTIVE ABILITY.

In essence, this is what I want done and when I want results. It is an executive Presidency we have.

Who has the intellectual capacity to rule anybody. Modi is the most popular Prime Minister of India in recent times. All Indian Muslims say he does not have intellectual capacity to rule India.
Obama is an intellectual, maybe the only true intellectual in government but a lot of white Americans prefer a Trump.
Your generation can never attain an inch of Prof Nwabueze intellectual capacity so continue to masturbate like a known Zombie.
Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by 989900: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

Not true.

There was no imminent collapse.
These were deliberately exaggerated claims by the propaganda machinery.

Pls kindly tell us what was collapsing ?

If Nigeria didn't collapse during the maradona days of Babangida, during the cancellation of the June 12 1993 elections, during the repressive and very corrupt Abacha days , and during impasse brought about by Yaradua's illness, then it's very very silly for anyone to suggest that Nigeria was on the verge of collapse during a Democratic government that brought and shepherded real economic growth, expanded ( for the first time in nearly a century) the Nigerian middle class.

The Jonathan administration, against all challenges, meticulously laid the best foundations for genuine economic development.

The administration's foundations in agriculture, power generation and distribution, education ( 12 new federal universities), infrastructural development ( especially in the poor North) is second to none in the post Independence Nigeria.
These are facts that stare you directly in the face at all times.

Was there corruption ?
Yes.
Certainly there was.
As there has always been corruption in the Nigerian polical system.

There is no proof so far that Jonathan's administration had more corruption than any administration before it, going all the way back to the Shagari era.

Therefore , it is an insult to every Nigerian to say or insinuate that Buhari was the only option we had in order to avoid a collapse.

It was a choice between 2 people: Jonathan or Buhari.

The same people that clamored for Jonathan in 2011, are the same people that voted him out, and Buhari in.

If the elections are held again right now between GEJ and Buhari, Buhari will still win -- GEJ/PDP's excesses/incompetence gave Buhari/APC the presidency; not necessarily Buhari's/APC's dexterity.

Like I said in 2014, would I have preferred a younger, vibrant, trustworthy, more eloquent candidate? Yes, but did we have one available? No.

It was always a case of choosing between 2 evils, and so far, Buhari's not been perfect, but I'm thankful GEJ and his cronies bleeding the country to death are gone.

Come 2019, if Buhari fails to meet the people's expectation, and there is a contender with a better pedigree, by all means, 'the people' will vote Buhari out.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacks The Intellectaul Capacity To Rule Nigeria' - Professor Nwabueze by Ojiofor: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Adminisher:

This is another fake, corrupt Igbo professor. What is the meaning of intellectual capacity?.Very idiotic bustardised Nigerian word. Very few modern people use the word anymore.
A President needs EXECUTIVE ABILITY.

In essence, this is what I want done and when I want results. It is an executive Presidency we have.

Who has the intellectual capacity to rule anybody. Modi is the most popular Prime Minister of India in recent times. All Indian Muslims say he does not have intellectual capacity to rule India.
Obama is an intellectual, maybe the only true intellectual in government but a lot of white Americans prefer a Trump.
Trump is not contesting against Obama.SMH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ben Bruce Replied A Follower Again! / Reminder To Fayose: 'EFCC Arrests Buhari’s “son” For Alleged N20 Million Scam' / Mazi Donald Trump To Declare Biafra 21st July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.