Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer? (636 Views)

Cancer Almost Blinded A Woman In Kano (Disturbing Photos) / Benefits Of Having More Of Green Vegetables / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer? by Hubtain(m): 4:53am On Mar 17, 2016
According to World Health Organization (WHO), "cancers figure among the leading causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide, with approximately 14 million new cases and 8.3 million cancer related deaths in 2012... It is expected that annual cancer cases will rise from 14 million in 2012 to 22 within the next 2 decades."

You're likely to be surprised to learn that cancer, just like any other chronic disease occurs as a result of people's violation of some universal laws.

Stressful living, malnutrition, consumption of toxins are typical examples of how people violet universal laws, that can result to cancer...

To back up my point, WHO reported that- "around one third of cancer deaths are due to the 5 leading behavioural and dietary risks: high body mass index, low fruit and vegetable intake, lack of physical activity, tobacco use, alcohol use." Cancer is just a generic name given to a large group of related diseases that can affect any part of the body. There are over a hundred kinds of cancer known to man.

To treat cancer, one would have to go through several regiments of radiation and chemotherapy. I heard these processes are quite painful. I also heard, some robotic (less painful) equipments for treating cancers have been invented, but one need not be told that such method will suck a lot of money from the affected person.

Now back to the title of this post- Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer?

If truly you are scared of having cancer of any kind, you're not alone, lots are too...

Imagine for a minute what it would be like if you're diagnosed of a specific cancer... See, this exercise is not to scare you the more but rather to help you experience a paradigm shift - from being scared of cancer to taking responsibility for whatsoever finds lodgement in your body.

I read Roy's story in Dr. George Malkmus' book- "The Hallelujah Diet." Roy is a cancer survivor, and I thought it'd be nice to share the first few lines with you:
"In 2002, Roy was diagnosed of Prostate Cancer. Like anyone would, Roy took the news hard." When they mentioned the word 'cancer' I was scared, " he says. "I didn't know what to expect..."

So many people just like Roy are not just scared of being diagnosed of cancer, but are completely clueless...

Before I walk you through some proven steps for avoiding key cancer risk factors, lemme share an extract from another cancer survivor's story with you.

"... Being away from my family and friends during treatment was hard times, but a blessing as well. I missed them and worried about them, but it gave me time to reflect and heal. The time I spent alone really put things into perspective and I addressed some anxiety issues I had struggled with long before my cancer. I felt strongly that my stress and negative thoughts had contributed to my getting sick. I wanted to take responsibility for how I got this sick, and then change course." -- Marie Botchie, Breast Cancer Survivor at CTCA

Steps For Reducing Your Odds For Cancer:

Step #1: Research About The Causes Of Cancer. Instead of stuffing your mind with scary figures of cancer victims, focus on learning about its causes.

Step #2: Equip Yourself With Relevant Information On How To Prevent Cancer Of Any Kind. Subscribe to some free blogs that teach about how to prevent cancer.

Step #3: Work On Yourself If You're Overweight Or Obese. Obesity is a key risk factor.

Step #4: Engage In Routine Physical Exercise.

Step #5: Avoid HousehoId Toxic Substances And Urban Air Pollution. You can use nose cover as often as you can.

Step #6: Stay Away From Tobacco. Whether you are a nonsmoker, you need to stay far from tobacco smoke.

Step 7#: Alcohol Consumption Is One The Key Risk Factors- Stay Completely Away From It Or Minimize Your Alcohol Consumption.

Step 8#: Get Vaccinated For Hepatitis B, Stop Engaging In Extramarital Sex To Avoid HPV (Sexually Transmitted Infection).

Step #9: If You Notice Any Sign Or Symptom Of Cancer, Seek For Help Quickly. Early detection and treatment can increase a person's odds of getting healed.

Step #10: Put Away Worries And Anxiety... Be careful of what you chalk up in your mind.

Finally, James Allen wrote in his book- "As a man thinketh" that " disease comes to those who attract it, to those whose minds and bodies are receptive to it... "
Source: www.sproutby.com/2016/03/How-To-Avoid-Cancer-Risk-Factors.html?m=1
Re: Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer? by Ayoemrys(m): 5:42am On Mar 17, 2016
thanx op for the imformation,its a pity some zomaies will stil be quatin bible {the lord is my shepherd} instead of them to the needful thing,they say rat cus lasa fever u saw dem playin table tennis in ur room u dy luk dem u knw kill or pursue dem,u ar feelin sumhw nw u dy say dy lord shepherd,God go just dy luk u,prevemtn dy say is beta dan care,
Re: Are You Ever Scared Of Having Cancer? by Hubtain(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
grin

Dude! Scoffs... You're really funny and on point too. I must say, great remark...

(1) (Reply)

Teenager Unexpectedly Gave Birth In The Toilet. Wonders Shall Never End / 9 Foods That Will Make Your Skin Look Yonger / I Erupt Whenever I Sight A Woman - Troubled Man Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.