Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy (9906 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by nonstan(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Hmmm...time bomb tins
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
I hope by then the Discos (scammers) will not reject this capacity.

It's high time the government takeover this broke discos
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Emokai3(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Jonathan has done that already...
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Sijo01(f): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Administration full of targeters cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Armstrong34(m): 8:25am On Mar 17, 2016
I vent heard d FG launched or executed a project.....it's always targeted.......I don't blame dem wen dey r always importin even grass to feed cow....I fink dey need to import common sense too to rule dis country
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Oz4realsss: 8:25am On Mar 17, 2016
magabounce:
Hmmmmm
It's pretty obvious we don't have future thinkers in dz country
Almost every forward thinking country has focused less on hydro and moved to nuclear power generation.
God bless Nigeria
Name the forward thinking countries that have moved on to Nuclear energy. Also name the capacities of their Nuclear power.

3 Likes

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by DonCortino: 8:25am On Mar 17, 2016
magabounce:
Hmmmmm
Almost every forward thinking country has focused less on hydro and moved to nuclear power generation.
God bless Nigeria

They are already dumping nuclear energy for renewable energy like wind n solar power.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by anonimi: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Is this a JOKE or what?
Buhari, Fashola and Fayemi must take us all for their zombies.
What happened to their promise of ADDING 20,000Mw in four years

ozoigbondu:
I’ll ensure stable power supply – Buhari
http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-ensure-stable-power-supply-buhari/

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
There only way out of this mess of light problem is
1) have a good gas master plan that would take gas to industrial Clusters... so that big companies can produce there own power supply
2) try to use all our resources in the hydro generation ( Brazil generated over 120000 mw from hydro why can't we get 20000 from ours)
3) the main power supply to the national grid should be based on coal fired plants this has the potential of giving us over 100000mw if well planned
4) a country as populated as ours on this small area of land must go nuclear.. .. We must build nuclear power plants to be able to generate 40% of our power out put, we have uranium and to get 10% to 15% enrichment required for the plant won't be hard.... we also have the brains, we have the Rivers
5) geothermal is also something I would advise but I honestly don't know our potential in this part.. .. for me I see it as the future

Good points.

Re Brazil....Brazil has the Amazon, one of the world's largest river..and large hydroelectic potential.

The African nation with similar potential is the Congo DR. ....with the Congo River. And the Inga Dam system, if it had been completed fully , could have potentially supplied Africa with half its electricity needs.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2016
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by hinwazaka: 8:28am On Mar 17, 2016
Lies upon lies. They can't even manage 4000 MW. This government can't make any headway in power generation, we can only wait till the next PDP government comes in, for any clear, evident improvement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Judeoxide(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=faothhuse post=43844044][/quote]fraudulent human... And the wost part is quoting the bible... You mansion in hell is as big as linda ikeji's... And no your ppl will not be there, you will be alone
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by ckmayoca: 8:32am On Mar 17, 2016
seunny4lif:
Nuclear wetin shocked shocked
I no see am well before grin grin
Nuclear bomb grin

It's funny my brother walai... bring nuclear power into nigeria that doesn't have a maintenance culture. First where will it be located? They will want it near water so maybe lagos will do.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by whizpa(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2016
I haven't seen light for 5 days and most likely will not see it anytime soon.. This year, I've only seen light for 11 days cumulatively.. So... Take your 4,000MW and shove it up your butts.. We want a new government biko.. This is the worse i've ever experienced. Only 3 years and 72 days before a new government is sworn in.. E no too far.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by ThreeGEEKS(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2016
They have not been able to use and maintain hydro power generation well, now they want to jump to nuclear. These our leaders are a joke, so they want to just destroy the country at once.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by groovie(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2016
It was on this forum during this Governments campaign some folks were defending their promise of stable power supply by decentralizing power in the country. Since they took up the mantle we never heard a single word about decentralization. Even when they knew it was not feasible and they know the original problem of power in this countyr is gas supply and transmission. Make una kontinu

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by seunny4lif(m): 8:35am On Mar 17, 2016
grin grin
Common road dem no fit maintain am grin
Talkless of nuclear bombs energy

ckmayoca:

It's funny my brother walai... bring nuclear power into nigeria that doesn't have a maintenance culture. First where will it be located? They will want it near water so maybe lagos will do.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Nbote(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2016
If only dis govt can actually focus on one sector and get it right, many other sectors will jus simply start falling in place. If d power sector is vastly improved, employment and d economy would b d least of d govt's worries. They were supposed to have a plan to provide an alternative to our dependence on hydro power generation.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by johnmark1234(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Topam:

http://www.punchng.com/fg-targets-4000mw-from-nuclear-energy/
Target .Will. Go. Nothing ever happens jokers.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by mapet: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
There only way out of this mess of light problem is
1) have a good gas master plan that would take gas to industrial Clusters... so that big companies can produce there own power supply
2) try to use all our resources in the hydro generation ( Brazil generated over 120000 mw from hydro why can't we get 20000 from ours)
3) the main power supply to the national grid should be based on coal fired plants this has the potential of giving us over 100000mw if well planned
4) a country as populated as ours on this small area of land must go nuclear.. .. We must build nuclear power plants to be able to generate 40% of our power out put, we have uranium and to get 10% to 15% enrichment required for the plant won't be hard.... we also have the brains, we have the Rivers
5) geothermal is also something I would advise but I honestly don't know our potential in this part.. .. for me I see it as the future

Bravo, good suggestions
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by johnmark1234(m): 8:39am On Mar 17, 2016
Topam:

http://www.punchng.com/fg-targets-4000mw-from-nuclear-energy/
Target .we Will. We Go do . Nothing ever happens jokers.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by mapet: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2016
Dollyak:
Nigeria still has a long way to go. 4000MW isn't enough to power a fully industrialised lagos and ogun let alone Nigeria.
Nigeria needs to adopt loop network and mesh in places like lagos and abuja. Proper transmission and distributions are needed.
Anyways, Nuclear and coal appears the best options for now.

You're right madam. Lagos demand capacity as documented is 20GW......but for a country that has not added a 1GW in the last 20years,we need to start from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by ckmayoca: 8:41am On Mar 17, 2016
Dollyak:
Nigeria still has a long way to go. 4000MW isn't enough to power a fully industrialised lagos and ogun let alone Nigeria.
Nigeria needs to adopt loop network and mesh in places like lagos and abuja. Proper transmission and distributions are needed.
Anyways, Nuclear and coal appears the best options for now.

You think Nigeria who couldn't maintain refinary, who couldn't protect oil pipeline, can actually maintain a nuclear power plant which must not get overheated?
This device is so powerful that corruption and lack of fund for maintenance could bring catastrophe.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Bobbysmart6(m): 8:42am On Mar 17, 2016
God will help them.nigerians plz let pray and stop criticizing
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Sajio(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2016
Did I hear them say Nuclear Energy?? I don't support this cos the Nigeria "Government"I know cannot manage it. Else they just want to kill us all..... Nuclear Energy has lots of factors to consider b4 making it an alternative. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Kenchukky(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2016
Do we even understand the consequences of Nuclear power generation. We cannot manage small safety issues in Nigeria and we want to venture into nuclear energy. The hazard from sourcing, use and waste management is something we are presently not capable of handling. Do a check of the developed countries who use this as source of energy and see incidents that have happened in the past and see if we have the capacity to manage such incidents. Ordinary flood was a herculean task no talk of nuclear disaster. The coal in Enugu can generate energy enough to serve the entire country. I just pity the state where the nuclear plants would be sited. they can site them in Borno or Ogun

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by MicroBox: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2016
Alternate sources of energy is my best course while in University.. so also I have once applied for this job back in the years, I hope our application will still make sense though it being almost six years
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by bankybobo11: 8:48am On Mar 17, 2016
The headline alone disgusts me. Oh Nigeria, when are you going to completely purge yourself of mediocrity? This government is a joke! 1000MW increasing to 4000MW in this century

1 Like

Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by bankybobo11: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2016
The headline alone disgusts me. Oh Nigeria, when are you going to completely purge yourself of mediocrity? This government is a joke! 1000MW increasing to 4000MW in this century
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by bodyloveghetto(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2016
I'll just sit n relax,
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by Kenchukky(m): 8:53am On Mar 17, 2016
magabounce:
Hmmmmm
God bless Nigeria
Its obvious you are confusing nuclear with solar. You don't have the capacity to manage it one bit. From sourcing, use and nuclear waste management you cannot manage it. Do your research well cos international bodies are discouraging it. Anyway site the plants in Lagos only.
Re: FG Targets 4,000MW From Nuclear Energy by cybriz82(m): 8:56am On Mar 17, 2016
Everytime we keep hearing target target!! Target!!! Na wetin una dey always target wey una no dey fit shoot.shoot mek we see 1st we dn tired to hear target lobish..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Releases Timetable For Edo Governorship Primaries / FG Won’t Embark On New Road Projects Until All Awarded Projects Are Completed / 2023: I’ve Capacity To Rescue Nigeria From Challenges - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.