Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland (1619 Views)

Religious Fanatics / Can Christians Carry Fire Arms As A Means Of Protection From Islamic Fanatics? / Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
Most people that write in this religous forum confirm outright that they are fanatics. They express no desire to learn and always continue to repeat the same thing. Nobody ever agrees he is wrong. Adoption of extremely harsh words, quoting, writing unexhaustible list of insignificant boondoggle and sarcasm is the language. And I must confess that I almost learnt it. The aim of discussion boards is to share ideas not verbal contest please. People like Abuzola, Bobbyaff and Ogaga who always continue to dance to the tune of maniacal idiosyncrasy are typical examples.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
lol Na today?
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
skydancer only noticed this after his false catholic faith was torn to shreds when illuminated by the bible? grin
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by MrCrackles(m): 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2009
Plenty grin
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by macIB(m): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
I agree with you; but mention names and shame the devil, tongue
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by budaatum: 12:07am On Jul 22, 2009
It is infectious, sky, isn't it. Many a time I find myself feeling I ought to get off forums before I turn into what I find most distasteful. But after so many years of failing, I am gradually learning to resist joining in gutter wallowing. And one day, I would be able to resist completely and just walk on by for real, I keep hoping.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 12:30am On Jul 22, 2009
@Buda atum, Yes indeed. I have seen it on facebook before but I just didn't know it was this much on nairaland. Anyway just stick to viewing other's opinions. It actually makes me stronger and my 'opponents' take credit for that. As for me if anyone can really convince me that there is no need to believe in God or that Christianity is no the true way to God, I will simply drop it for real wink I truly don't find any joy in 'following the crowd'.

@David: Indeed! Show me pls
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:58am On Jul 22, 2009
skydancer:

@Buda atum, Yes indeed. I have seen it on facebook before but I just didn't know it was this much on nairaland. Anyway just stick to viewing other's opinions. It actually makes me stronger and my 'opponents' take credit for that. As for me if anyone can really convince me that there is no need to believe in God or that Christianity is no the true way to God, I will simply drop it for real wink I truly don't find any joy in 'following the crowd'.

@David: Indeed! Show me pls
Thou must take the inward journey first grin grin
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Tudor6(f): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Thou must take the inward journey first  grin grin
EXACTLY!
and must be prepared to face the worst.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Bobbyaf(m): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2009
Most people that write in this religous forum confirm outright that they are fanatics. They express no desire to learn and always continue to repeat the same thing. Nobody ever agrees he is wrong. Adoption of extremely harsh words, quoting, writing unexhaustible list of insignificant boondoggle and sarcasm is the language. And I must confess that I almost learnt it. The aim of discussion boards is to share ideas not verbal contest please. People like Abuzola, Bobbyaff and Ogaga who always continue to dance to the tune of maniacal idiosyncrasy are typical examples.

So what are we doing if not sharing ideas? grin So as long as we are not sharing your grand ideas as to what constitutes a real forum, then to hell with us, huh?

That's what forums are for - grin To discuss passionately things you disagree on, be they religious, political, or economical. If you cannot take the heat get out of the bloody kitchen. Its pretty obvious you lack the discipline to seriously discuss important issues, especially if those issues find you on the other side of the fence.

Don't even mention the use of harsh words when you are party to the very crime you falsely accuse others of. As far as I am concerned you are the biggest hypocrite on Nairaland.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2009
@Bobby: This is just exactly why I included you. Here I confesses I am already learning it, but you wouldn't even see the very thing you included in your quote sad The wise learns as well as sharing ideas, but many people who have argued with you can confess that you never agree. You just divert.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by alimat2(f): 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2009
The fanatics never think of their relationship with God and how they will face the judgement day, and how to intelligently teach/tell others about their God but busy arguing over irritating issues.Religion section is meant for sharing of religious knowledge and nt words of insults and abuse. Be u a xtian ,Muslims or whatever are u PREPARED FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD?
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2009
[size=13pt]This is interesting! shocked I was mentioned on this thread, finally figured out how to turn comments off. I think 308 is enough grin. Thanks to all the commenters for participating. Everything has been said multiple times by now.,I’m revising and re-running this in (dis)honor of the commenter who trotted out the straw man about the “supposed certainties of conservative-traditional Christianity.” Eek!
———-
It seems I have have acquired a little Internet ”fan club” that likes to dismiss me for being so certain about things. I can’t miss the irony of them being certain that .
skydancer one thing about you is that you're misunderstanding the whole thing of religion,though you always nod head you know something, grin ,i like you my dear,keep claiming!!,-instead of settling down to make use of your brain?
[/size]

skydancer:

Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by MrCrackles(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
Poster

Wait till you see the number of LUNATICS on NL! tongue
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by banom(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
Fanatism and Insults are still another form of ideah sharing and discussion.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
@Banom: cheesy cheesy. Okay let's say it's not official

@Ogaga: GENIUS!
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Bobbyaf(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
@Bobby: This is just exactly why I included you. Here I confesses I am already learning it, but you wouldn't even see the very thing you included in your quote Sad The wise learns as well as sharing ideas, but many people who have argued with you can confess that you never agree. You just divert.

How can I agree to error and lies? Is that what you want from a forum? As far as I am concerned you have no substance whatsoever in your approach to debates. You just ask the forum to take a look at how you have responded to persons with whom you have disagreements, and let them be the judge of who is a real debater. Instead of holding a difference of opinion, and being civilized about it, you have taken a position of cursing and swearing, and name calling.

Your dishonesty has seeped all the way down to your bones, so you cannot help yourself.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by banom(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
skydancer:

which one is official and who made it official ?
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
@Bobby: Of course, I forgot nobody should agree with errors and lies he can't change, especially thru nairaland!  cool cool cool

@Banom: You can't surely tell me you can officially insult people (in the name of debate)
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Nezan(m): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2009
banom:

grin grin
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by banom(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2009
skydancer:

@Bobby: Of course, I forgot nobody should agree with errors and lies he can't change, especially thru nairaland!  cool cool cool

@Banom: You can't surely tell me you can officially insult people (in the name of debate)

please can you define Insult, debate and official for us ?
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 7:05am On Jul 23, 2009
banom:

please can you define Insult, debate and official for us ?

Why not do that yourself. I did like to hear it from a better person. wink
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2009
[size=13pt]Yeah--- no comment* cool[/size]
banom:

Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by GEW: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2009
wbb
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by PastorAIO: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
There're too many fanatics.

Let's kill them all.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by skydancer: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
Christians are not known as killers. A muslim should be the one saying that. Instead let's pray for them all cheesy wink
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Abuzola11(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hahaha, can u now see that a xtrian like pastor wants to kill. This shows how dangerous they are
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]My friend we all know you're something else in here only on a mission to distract some people attention from learning and sharing wisely . no doubt you're christian and this topic is pointing straight to people of your type . smiley[/size]
skydancer:

Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by jagunlabi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
skydancer:

Nairaland is the microcosm of the present nigerian society, so it is quite normal and expected that it reflects the present state of consciousness that pervades the life of the various nigerian folks.
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by noetic16(m): 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
Pastor AIO:

There're too many fanatics.

Let's kill them all.

yea thats what the devil does. . . he kills
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
Fanaticism is usually an overcompensation for doubtful belief systems . .
Re: There Are Too Many Fanatics In Nairaland by jagunlabi(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2010
noetic16:

yea thats what the devil does. . . he kills
Especially the devil in the bible called, yahweh. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

"bishop Francis Wale Oke Storms The Island On May Day" / Is Repentance Complete Without Restitution? / Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.