Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? (3725 Views)

A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight / 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) / 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 11:57pm On May 27, 2007
i really gast know cos it's creeping me out!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Free(f): 2:00am On May 28, 2007
i really gast know because it's creeping me out!

gast?

plz proper ingrish only oooo grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 2:34am On May 28, 2007
wo o! abeg, police no go catch me. all I need is my answers
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by NymphoQin(f): 3:16am On May 28, 2007
lmao sharn i hope you get you answer lol

@topic
why is it full of fanatics? well becos it is a mini state, NL is a miniature Nigeria
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 4:09am On May 28, 2007
The thing is I'm amazed at the slanging matches these folks are indulging in all in the name of Religion. Personally, I feel the Religion child board should be eliminated cos it's causing so much insanity.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by NymphoQin(f): 4:39am On May 28, 2007
@poster
start a change. begin a movement
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 11:42am On May 28, 2007
i'm trying. i do posts on so many topics but they still don't quit. that's why I started this topic.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Horus(m): 11:52am On May 28, 2007
All Religions should be eliminated from this planet.Religions are causing insanity.Religion's For Drop Outs.
People hold on to religion, like a crutch because they can't make it any other way. With religion you stop being responsible for your own actions and blame someone else like God when it's something you like and the Devil when it's something you don't like.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 12:34pm On May 28, 2007
it's not that being religious is bad. it's just the fact of making mockery of it.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by belloti(m): 2:33pm On May 28, 2007
Religious posts are reflection of our fragile cohabitation in the so amalgam. we are wide apart
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by stimulus(m): 7:37pm On May 28, 2007
@topic,

It all depends on who are being referred to as 'Fanatics'. As davidylan has said in some other thread, there are some he has eruditely tagged as members of the CCCA - and I would have to agree with him.

If talking about publicly affecting issues is now to be interpreted as being fanatical, the simple thing to do is ignore the threads/topics/motherboards that elicit such concerns to the reader.

There are people who pretend to be accusing others of being 'fanatics', but who still haven't realized that they number first on their list of accusations. The question then is: where do we draw the line??
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by NymphoQin(f): 7:40pm On May 28, 2007
omg sharn why oh why did you ask this deadly question angry grin all hell is going to break loose now. * runs for the door*
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by stimulus(m): 7:42pm On May 28, 2007
Lol. . . nope, no hell's gonna break loose. grin

It's a legitimate question, but only needs to be contextualized.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 11:21pm On May 28, 2007
truth is I never knew this whole religion issue could be taken this far as it is in Nairaland.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2007
Full of Fanatics?

Where?

How?

When?

Why?

Which?

Who?

And after all that, wetin we go do?? What in your own opinion constitutes the very opposite of fanaticism??
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Horus(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2007
Full of Fanatics?

Where?

How?

When?

Why?

Which?

Who?
Do you have any mirror in your home??  grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by thesilent1(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2007
i think not buying mirrors at home; according to horus
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by mukina2: 3:30pm On May 29, 2007
Telly B:

Full of Fanatics? yeah

Where? all threads

How? check them

When? everyd[/b]ay

Why? [b]ask them

Which? look well

Who? you , him and him and her and her plus him and her and another him infact too much

And after all that, wetin we go do?? What in your own opinion constitutes the very opposite of fanaticism??

we go stop them cool
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by thesilent1(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2007
trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am!

if you can not TAKE the heat, please step away from the akara frying pan smiley
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by donnie(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2007
FANATIC: Someone who takes seriously something for which you have no interest.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2007
@mukina2,

Just on my lunch break, but here:

donnie:

FANATIC: Someone who takes seriously something for which you have no interest.

That should sum it up, I guess.

And if it does not, then something more:

mukina2:

Full of Fanatics? yeah

Glad to know.

mukina2:

Where? all threads

Including the ones you opened in this motherboard, yes?

mukina2:

How? check them

They know who they are. cool

mukina2:

When? everyda[/b]y

With well over 15,000 posts, we can now make some useful guesses. grin

mukina2:

Why? [b]ask them

Yep, that's why I'm asking you - because I knew you would not be able to resist commenting on my input here! grin

mukina2:

Which? look well

I still dey look, and the answers are quite revealing. . . cheesy

mukina2:

Who? you , him and him and her and her plus him and her and another him infact too much

Ahh there - rearrange the letters, and it comes close to spelling your username. Sweet. Here, gee me a high five!! cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2007
Horus:

Do you have any mirror in your home?? grin

I do; and the last time I checked, your face was still there as quite definitive! grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 4:17pm On May 29, 2007
one question: do you think it's right to insult people just cos they belong to a different faith?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2007
When those who do the insulting answer that question, we'll synthesize them and you'll see where the problem is. cool
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by aloralord: 4:21pm On May 29, 2007
see your mouth like synthesize, u sabi wetin u dey talk so, some of u go just open mouth for this nairaland just to talk shyt and make all the bacteria wey dey your mouth homeless.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2007
aloralord:

see your mouth like synthesize, u sabi wetin u dey talk so, some of u go just open mouth for this nairaland just to talk shyt and make all the bacteria wey dey your mouth homeless.

Thanks, and God bless.

@Sharn06: Do you have your answer now? grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by KAG: 4:24pm On May 29, 2007
Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics?

Quelle fanatics?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 29, 2007
Actually, Sharn06 did not use the correct words.
he should have said: "Why is Nairaland Full of Bigots?"

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.

The origin of the word bigot in English dates back to at least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of "religious hypocrite", especially a woman. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices even when these views are challenged or proven to be false.

the most famous bigots on nairaland typically start topics/posts in the guise of questions/inquiries about Islam. Their real aim, as always is ridicule .

if you doubt this just look at the posts by davidlyan, nossycheek, olutomiwa and mr pataki (the usual suspects)on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55596.0.html
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Horus(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2007
i think not buying mirrors at home; according to horus
This will avoid you to see your Face of Fanatic every time you walk in front of your mirror  grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2007
Thank God for intellectuals who can openly admit certain trends even though they may have intended it for others.

@oyb,

I guess both words (and some others as well) are quite applicable. Just make take your pick - bigots, fanatics, zealots, etc. The point is that we should all grow up and deal with issues instead of playing games.  cool
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by thesilent1(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2007
who is intolerant of opinions

i think this is the important bit; being able to TOLERATE and as it becomes almost a verb, does this not mean that it is something that WE CHOOSE to do and not some "feeling" that comes on us.

so people, you wanna fight the flesh, let us start with doing some TOLERATING - action word!!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by debosky(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2007
oyb:

The origin of the word bigot in English dates back to at least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of "religious hypocrite", especially a woman. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term against a[b] person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices even when these views are challenged or proven to be false.
[/b]

but dear sir, how many of the views held by your so called 'bigots' have been proven to be false?

so once m yview is merely challenged (not necessarily defeated) and I hold on to it I am a bigot? then sign me up please! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is This Joseph Ayo Babalola - Biography / Forbes 2022 Top Ten Richest Pastors In Edo State And Their Net Worth / Christians, I Am So Sorry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.