Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders (25633 Views)

JAMB Should Make Cut Of Marks 200 For Poly And 250 For Varsities / Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / JAMB Should Be Blamed For Mass Failure Not The Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Jackossky(m): 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
xender:
we ain't agitating for this though. All we need is our real scores for this years utme.

on bringing back the paper and pencil test(PPT) I don't think it's a welcome development. They should think of how to improve on the computer based test(CBT),to avoid a repetition of the poorly conducted utme2016.

SECONDED

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ExperTrait(m): 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
Generalkorex:
House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Revert To Paper-pencil Test

The agitations from candidates may have started yielding fruits as the House of Representatives has asked the Federal Ministry of Education to direct the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to revert to pencil-paper method in the conduct of UTME or adopt both PPT and CBT so that candidates can opt for any one of their choice.
This followed a motion moved by a lawmaker from Lagos State, Mr. Oghene Emma-Egoh, on the “conflicting” scores of candidates who took the examination.
The law maker stressed that the technical errors experiences during the examination has invariably dashed the hopes of many of these candidates in gaining admission this year.
The law maker further pointed to two cases of conflicting results. One is that of Ibrahim Shawulu from Kogi State, who was said to have scored 399 out of 400, and in less than 24 hours his score was reduced to 199.”
Another is that of Foluke, the 17-year-old girl in Ejigbo-Lagos, who scored an aggregate of 156 and when the result was checked again she had an aggregate of 196.”
Based on these and other technical flaws that marred the conduct of the 2016 UTME, the house of Representatives is of the opinion that JAMB does not have what it takes to manage the Computer Based Test.

Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/44378/house-of-reps-orders-jamb-to-revert-to-paper-pencil-test.html
Nigeria and copy and paste syndrome....its nt every thing that works in western world would work in Africa....more over, they have nt even mastered the art of paper an pen, its total computer based they want to venture....

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by upsun: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Khd95:
Thats poosad

weither we like it or not,technology will take over,d earlier we get used to it d bettr
that's fake technology
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Roydeking1989: 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
It will be better that way since there are vast of candidates from villages who may have no knowledge of computer system and that create a lot of difficulties for them during the excercise.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Woh Most Of The Candidates Want Is To Make CBT optional...#Choice
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by lebienconnu: 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bring back HSC A LEVEL. JAMB is now synonymous to baba ijebu.

To all admission seekers, IJMB A level, GCE A level (Oxford and Cambridge) and pre-degree programs are the way to go.

I know a very brilliant guy that has been messed up big time twice now due to technical insufficiency at CBT centers.

wetin the guy fit do. Na to siddon de look. Waiting for another year.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Charlesdock(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
This people gan sef. Candidates are asking for a remark House of reps is saying we should go back to PPT. When will Nigeria move with the tide. Infact PPT is the surest way to fail candidates.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by 6fit(f): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
Abeg they shuld leave Jamb and stop Post UTME. Or scrap Jamb and let universities conduct entrance exams.
Except we improve power, certain technologically driven operation can't work in dis 9ja.....let somebody tell those clueless Senate/House of Rep members dat d solution to head ache is never cutting the head
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
UNIBEN ASPIRANTS UNIBEN ASPIRANTS congratulations to you who have passed your jamb .congratulations in advance in your Postume and congratulations in your admission and more sweetly congratulations in your matriculation.incase you choose UNIBEN am here for you ask me any question and we can as well be friends 08020835264 or whatssap me on 08160908587
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by lordf: 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Khd95:
Thats poosad

weither we like it or not,technology will take over,d earlier we get used to it d bettr

U r rite, if u check critically those rasing this motion in the reps are not technically incline, or may be their children didn't pass jamb that's why. Awon oloshi
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Taovic86(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Forward ever backward never. Kudos to jamb for job weldone.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by WelconnectTrav1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Khd95:
Thats poosad

In an environment with no light a no proper logistics in place, technology cannot take over o. If na lie, ask those who wrote the exam.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Yinkatolu: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
abeg who dey live for gbagada here
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by chinwaji(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
WOruGunu:
I suggest ss4 to replace jamb
my opinionI suggest ss4 to replace jamb
my opinion
I suggest ss4 to replace jamb
my opinion

If germs (sorry I meant JAMB) is SS4, then post Jamb should be ss5. Then common entrance should be primary 7.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by mikolo80: 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Khd95:
Thats poosad

not without infrastructure. nepa and broadband
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Danielolobayo: 12:14am On Mar 19, 2016
I was so surprised that my sister who is very intelligent with so many award scored 178 what rubbish nobody believed the result

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by kolaosita4(m): 12:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Scrapped Jamb
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Khd95:
Thats poosad

it's not just the right time, the earliest time to get use to it is right from schools.

how many schools study computer science as a practical course(including the universities).

their laziness to keep files is what brought about this clumsy idea and enforcing it.

if jamb will be done on systems then why shouldn't WAEC and Post Ume?it should be by choice.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by seunajia: 1:02am On Mar 19, 2016
It has been said over and again. The reps have no power to "order" JAMB to do anything. They occupy at best, an advisory role.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by iameugene(m): 2:25am On Mar 19, 2016
Okay i just came here to show my tongue tongue
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by obontami: 6:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Olodo grin
ladyF:
Yaaaayyy....ayam so happy about this. Thank you ooooo.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Umamman(m): 6:51am On Mar 19, 2016
Reps i dey ur back oooo...
Ds useless pple thinks we ajekwakwo no computer like dia pikins...
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by obontami: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2016
yekparikpa:
It's been Jamb, P square, Cleavage and Snakes on Nairaland. undecided
I tire Ooo

They also love bringing olajumoke stuff here
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by philosopy: 7:01am On Mar 19, 2016
I advice everyone still waiting on jamb to ; Keep up the fight, protest , keep speaking out. Because you wont move to the next step in your education without clearing it.
I honestly think Jamb should be scrapped. And all schools allowed to set their own exams and admissions. There will always be errors when just one body handle the admission of thousands of people. This are peoples future and life here!

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ayurexars1(m): 7:34am On Mar 19, 2016
chido20:
jamb shud be scrapped

jst raising a motion

Notion

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Tlake(m): 8:05am On Mar 19, 2016
register on www.cfalandz.com/application get the chance to study within west africa ,and also get access to direct entry for ijmb,diploma + affordable fees
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by bigsmoke2(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Our tetiary education system needs to be more flexible JAMB SHOULD be every six months and the result should be valid for 2 years . Then all tertiary institution should conduct admission twice a year
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by sugarbeesmith(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
ladyF:
Yaaaayyy....ayam so happy about this. Thank you ooooo.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
you still dey battle with jamb too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) / BREAKING: Resumption Date For Pry, Sec Schools Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.