Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (47732 Views)

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons / See Reasons Why You Should Not Always Ask For Full Tank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by xpirence: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Op if i were that driver i would have fire offf my car because the road is clear, I would not hav waited for them to arrest me
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by olanshi: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
FRSC will also ask for

Fire Extinguisher

C- Caution

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by musabayokanu: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Pls add POLICE CLEARANCE for people around PH especially while crossing the checking points that takes u out of PH.

After confirming every document they will ask u for police clearance which is a complete scam.
Pls be carefull

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by fascowilly(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
b
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by seun289(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2016
U 4got 2 include LASDRI drivers license
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by olaolulazio(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2016
I think I have it all.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Untainted007: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2016
I don't really think the No 4 (Certificate of Road Worthiness) is necessary unless you are dirving a car older than 5years because I have been driving close to 3years now and I dont have it. I bought my car brand new and I was told at the vehicles registration unit that I dont need it until the car is 5years. But on 2 occasions, the Policemen who asked me of it was immediately corrected by me that can't he see that the car is brand new, immediately I said that he apologised and said 'Ok, bros anything for boys, you be big man oooo'. But i never gave them anything, I dont like police abit.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Okaakoko(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2016
once they are not ready to Let you go, they will ask for
c caution
spare tyre
fire extinguisher
head lamp
break light
reverse light
wiper
break oil
umbrella
torch light
Jack
they will even check your shock absorber.
April, 21st 2015 I fell into their trap, I passed all the above. but behold, they booked me for expired tyre.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by moyin2009: 9:58am On Mar 18, 2016
What of Proof of Ownership?
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by tdemo(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2016
Number 3 is not important!!!!!!
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Proulyzoogerian: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2016
Birth certificate
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by laksides: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2016
They always asked plate number allocation from me of which I don't have, pls is that important too?
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by AmaechiLinus(m): 10:05am On Mar 18, 2016
These people(uniform men) are insatiable. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by akanniade10(m): 10:05am On Mar 18, 2016
Untainted007:
I don't really think the No 4 (Certificate of Road Worthiness) is necessary unless you are dirving a car older than 5years because I have been driving close to 3years now and I dont have it. I bought my car brand new and I was told at the vehicles registration unit that I dont need it until the car is 5years. But on 2 occasions, the Policemen who asked me of it was immediately corrected by me that can't he see that the car is brand new, immediately I said that he apologised and said 'Ok, bros anything for boys, you be big man oooo'. But i never gave them anything, I dont like police abit.

Quite informative
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 18, 2016
The most important document, BRIBE, is even omitted.
Imagine that.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by mountainvolcano: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2016
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP IS REQUIRED OOOOOOOOH
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by kart042000(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2016
The police once took down my plate number, went to a FRSC Site and told me my plate number was not registered, as if it is my fault it was not Registered.
They would always device ways to dupe innocent Nigerians. VIO in lagos will even ask for your driving training certificate. God help us in this country.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Malawian(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2016
AkumahTalk:
Please expunge number 5 from your list.
i was wondering what that is. any ideas ?

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2016
yinkslinks:
we dont use cmr in abuja tongue tongue tongue tongue yet when you travelling through west, police will still extort hell out of you.

Yea CMR,all the years I have been driving especially on lagos roads I have never added any CMR to my documents and have never been asked for it,when I did my car documents recently the agent asked me to do CMR but I did not even give it a 2nd thought,I think he only wants to extort me.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by sexaddict08(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2016
princemillla:

Next time use blade n scratch off the date

them go still tell u say your tyre na fake . Follow us to station to explain where u bought d tyre

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Abubakar247(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2016
Police is your friend charges nko grin
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by sexaddict08(m): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2016
leofab:
Bihari why??

so u no fit spell 'buhari' ? your boyfriend dey try ooo. But if you no get boyfriend make I apply ooo. at all at all na ...
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by aisammy4: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2016
barlkeez:

It is very important to have these vehicle documents before you hit the roads to avoid being harassed. Failure to produce these documents could also lead to your car being impounded.

See the list below:

1) A valid Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Certificate of Road Worthiness.
5) CMR (Police report)
6) A Tinted permit if your vehicle has a tinted glass (Very important)

Another important thing to note is that the documents must be up to date. Don’t go around with expired or fake papers.

http://www.9janewsarena.com/2016/03/6-important-vehicle-documents-police-frsc-vio-will-always-ask-you.html

The above is correct. There is one more documents that should be included, COMPUTERIZED VEHICLE INSPECTION REPORT (for resident in Abuja). The Computerized vehicle testing system is an initiative of the Transport Secretariat, VIO and Temple Resources LTD to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy to ply the Abuja road. Having a roadworthiness certificate does not mean the car is roadworthy. On so many occasion a clean cars (assumed to be new) is having a very bad tyres, bad lighting system, worn-out brake, bad alignment, ineffective suspension system and so on. But this cars will be assumed to be clean and before we know it, GBAMMM! has occur.

In order to guard against this road accident that most cost by inadequate maintenance of our car coupled with the bad road in Nigeria, the Abuja Vehicle Computerized Testing System has been established.

You can find out more information on Computerised vehicle testing via templeresourcesltd.com or call 07033043922
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by point4u(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2016
If Police or Road safety or VIO tell you that your tyre has expire but to you your tyre is in good condition, tell tell them also that their vehicle tyre has also expired.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by cyril700(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2016
I settle them with 500.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by AdeniyiA(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2016
Government continue to exploit the masses despite their irresponsible leadership roles. if I may ask how many vehicles have been successfully insured in case of accident nd other things in Nigeria? ??
What's is the essence of certificate of road worthiness on an unworthy roads??
Are the police and FRSC officials not victimizing nd exploiting the people because they've been empowered?? ?
Sometimes I ask myself of just a particular sector that is effectively and efficiently working in Nigeria, NONE!
Only exploitation and burdens the government provide... angry

5 Likes

Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by hassymo5(m): 10:21am On Mar 18, 2016
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP,...
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by Stanbeto: 10:22am On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks, let me check i should have them.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by norriswood(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=barlkeez post=43868385]
It is very important to have these vehicle documents before you hit the roads to avoid being harassed. Failure to produce these documents could also lead to your car being impounded.

See the list below:

[b]1) A valid Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Certificate of Road Worthiness.
5) CMR (Police report)
6) A Tinted permit if your vehicle has a tinted glass (Very important)[/
7, Fire Extinguisher
8.C- caution
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by princemillla(m): 10:26am On Mar 18, 2016
sexaddict08:

them go still tell u say your tyre na fake . Follow us to station to explain where u bought d tyre

2 ways you can save ur self from the story is turn the part that contain the date inward or use blade n scratch it off.
Shikena.....
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by paulavon: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2016
CMR is for Lagos licence plate only.If your car does not carry Lagos plate number then you do not need it. police always look out for Lagos licence plate to see if you have CMR or not.
Re: 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You by jodeci(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2016
CMR is no longer in use.(Central Motor Registry)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.