Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun (738 Views)

27-Year-Old Teacher Caught Raping 2-Year-Old Pupil In Class In Lagos / Teacher Arrested For Defiling A 12-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos (pictured) / Teacher Beheads 10-year-old Pupil In Ogun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by ijustdey: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta

Eight-year-old pupil of Prospect Primary School, Akute, Ogun State, Oyindamola Onimole, has been detained by the Ajuwon Police Division.

It was gathered that Oyindamola, who was held by the police between 6pm on Wednesday and 12pm on Thursday, was arrested by a policeman from the station for reporting a teacher in the school, identified simply as Mrs. Oni, to his mother.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Oni, who is the wife of one of the policemen at the station, had maltreated Oyindamola at school and the pupil reported her to his mother, Mrs. Nimota Onimole, who subsequently stormed the school and complained about the assault.

After the mother left, the teacher was said to have descended on the child again for daring to report her to his mother.

A source in the school said, “After school hours, the teacher called her husband and he stormed the house of the pupil and arrested the minor.

“When Mrs. Onimole (Nimota) returned from work about 10pm, neighbours told her about the ordeal of her son. She left for the police station to ascertain what had happened. The mother, who went to the police station to bail her child, was also detained.”

Oyindamola’s father, Olalekan Omole, confirmed on Thursday that his wife and son were detained by the police.

He said, “At about 6.30pm, the teacher and her policeman husband, went to our house and forcibly took my son. They used okada (motorcycle) to pick my son.

“When my wife returned about 10pm and got to the station around 10.30pm, requesting to get her child released, she was equally detained at the station. All this happened because of the influence of the teacher, whose husband happened to be a policeman at the station.

“My two remaining children slept alone at home that night. I had to consult a lot of people to wade in and get justice for my family.

“But today (Thursday), at about 12pm, my son and my wife were released by the police.”

Olalekan, who expressed outrage at the detention of the minor, said he would contact his lawyer to take the matter up.

Oyindamola’s father added that he had informed the school proprietor about Mrs. Oni’s alleged misconduct.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said he was not aware of the case, but would investigate and get back to our correspondent.

But he had yet to get back to our correspondent as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/police-detain-eight-year-old-pupil-in-ogun/

lalasticlala
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by adegunwa4real(m): 7:47am On Mar 18, 2016
Huh How's that possible? Detaining a minor? That teacher...she's a bully and the husband...he's not fit to be a policeman!
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by iykepromotions: 7:48am On Mar 18, 2016
what a story. Power drunk. that police needs to get his ass kicked seven times
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 18, 2016
The guy above me sha..

Police is your friend
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by Goldencollins: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2016
Police are now behaving like Muslims who drive Joy in mounting under aged girls.
Senator Yerima things.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by Phame: 7:54am On Mar 18, 2016
Too many mad men in NPF.
Punishment: Suspend the policeman and the proprietor should sack his wife for misconduct.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by remmydada(m): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2016
our police needs more and more training
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by myfantasies(f): 7:58am On Mar 18, 2016
Detaining a minor dat u were suppose to protect from abuse

Dese men in black sef undecided
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by Oche211(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by PresidentAde(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2016
What sort of nonsense write-up is this ?.........The pupil was detained 6pm wednesday to 12pm thursday......................................watis 12pm??
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by bennyrazz: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2016
the woman as insecurity issues. Because her husband is a police? The proprietor of the school should do the right thing by sacking the teacher first and the police should set up a panel to investigate why an 8yrs old boy had to be arrested by one of their men in the first place. Really it's absurd but we would like to hear both sides of the story.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by ojophilip(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2016
hehe! this is surprising!!!!! the policeman n the whole police at the station needs to be handled!!! haba 8-year old kid? wtf is happening? where did we go wrong NIGERIA!!! we need justice
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by carinmom(f): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2016
This is outrageous and uncalled for. Both the policeman and his wife should pay for their crimes. Useless people.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by Tunami(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
naija police, black uniform, black shoe, black beret, black skin, black heart, black sense. Infact everything about them is black.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by PFRB: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
An 8 year old child cannot be arrested for whatever reason.
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by uzoormah(m): 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
this is pure madness arresting a minor??
THE POLICEMAN REALLY NEED A DOSE OF MY DAD'S SLAP.... HIS SLAPS ALWAYS HAVE A SIMILAR EFFECT WITH THAT OF AN ARMY
Re: Police Detain Eight-year-old Pupil In Ogun by nzgal: 5:00am On Mar 19, 2016
adegunwa4real:
Huh How's that possible? Detaining a minor? That teacher...she's a bully and the husband...he's not fit to be a policeman!

Gbam!!!

Poverty is a disease indeed. This can never happen with wealthy families oh. who born that teacher, e no fit try am.

Nigeria can never be one, too many division lines, tribal, financial, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Again! ECOBaNK Staff Arrested Over #23M Fraud+ Convert Late Customer’s Account / Caption This Funny Picture / [GRAPHIC] Woman Throws Her Ex -boyfriend’s 2 - Week - Old Baby Into Pit Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.