Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

How Prepared Are You For Marriage??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Prepared Are You For Marriage??? (505 Views)

"If You Can't Give Your Girlfriend Money, Be Prepared To Share Her" - Lady / See What I Prepared For My Sick Girl Friend This Morning - Photos / Will You Eat This Food Prepared By Your Enemy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Prepared Are You For Marriage??? by fabem(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2016
How Prepared Are You For Marriage
The alarming rate of divorce cases is no longer news. A wedding today and divorce in barely 3months, some for what the society would say just manage to stay put in the marriage, while they die in silence.
People are taught to be good spouses, but not how to be wise spouses.
Statements like: he/she is perfect for me makes most people forget they are married to humans and not angels.
When the challenges of marriage beckons, we here things like: he's a totally changed person since I married him, she's not who she portrayed to be before I married her, etc.
Again I ask: how prepared are you for marriage?
A lot of people get into marriage only to discover they weren't half prepared for marriage as they felt, even with all the marriage books they read and counselling attended.
A woman is prepared for divorce once her husband cheats, but doesn't prepare to see help him not cheat.
A man is prepared to throw his wife out once she cheats but never prepares to see his wife doesn't cheat.
No one thinks about: what if my spouse changes in a negative way, how do I deal with it? What if they start nagging, how do I manage it?
Preparing for the sweetness of marriage without preparing for the challenges is a sign of immaturity. Life is not an express way, there's are bumps, turns and hold ups that you must prepare for?
When a friend of mine wanted to Wed his wife, I asked him : what if this your very quiet wife becomes a tigress tomorrow, what will you do, he quickly said : God forbid?
A year later, he's running helter-skelter looking for how to deal with a nagging wife.... I did my best for him, still.
Preparing for marriage amongst other things entails :
1) preparing for these person's new habits 2) characters 3) personalities that will evolve over the years.
A ọnce sexually active spouse could become less interested in sex, how will you cope with it?
A once dotting spouse might get laid back, what will you do?
Your very trusting spouse could become extremely suspicious, how will you deal with it without loosing your marriage or peace of mind?
Are you prepared for an absentee spouse? Are you prepared for delay in conception? Are you prepared for in laws? Are you prepared for annoying friends and relatives of your other half?
People grow up, and change in certain ways, are you ready to face these physical, psychological, emotional and attitudinal changes that comes with it.
Are you prepared for when they start listening to third parties? And when they start comparing you to their Exs and friends' spouses?
Preparing for the big day and living together is not enough, it's just a little of it all, a very little.
A successful single life is not one spent just on getting a job job, building a career or business and grooming yourself as a good spouse, but also spent preparing for a successful marital phase.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Marriage??? by Henry22(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2016
wait let me ask google...

(1) (Reply)

Airport Cab In Abuja. / The Body Shop: Did You Know That Drinking Soda Can Really Shrink Your P*nis? / Warri Nor Be Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.