Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu (45573 Views)

Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / Aminu Salisu, Dogara’s Outrider Dies In Crash (Photo) / EFCC Seals Hotel Owned By Shuaibu Salisu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
fawaz050:
Of All the Logical things he wrote,you could only point out is mistakes not learn and think.
Pple like you go dey 4m commando,did u graduated with a 5.0 CGPA?
Did u had Parallel A1's in your O'level?
If u did.have u ever written or composed anything as meaningful as this?
Stop being a schadenfreude
Oya start pointing out my mistakestongue

The guy is moaning that he hasn't got a job, yet he had an opportunity to showcase himself and to have an article published by a National newspaper, to a national audience and what does he do? It is full of errors and he doesn't even take the time to proof read his article. You studied Mass Comm and your 1st published National article, you did not proof read? This is why Nigerian graduates of today are unemployed and unemployable and their degrees are worthless!!! To further compound matters they have no work ethic and professionalism as displayed by the junk of an article the guy wrote. If I were a newspaper house and this is the second best graduating student, what it tells me is never employ anyone from this University or polytechnic if this is the best of their graduates.

We are talking about mass communication here, it's all about your words, presentation, communication. The substance what you are trying to say does not even matter once you lose the presentation and a student of mass comm should know better or he was poorly taught.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by fawaz050(m): 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

The guy is moaning that he hasn't got a job, yet he had an opportunity to showcase himself and to have an article published by a National newspaper, to a national audience and what does he do? It is full of errors and he doesn't even take the time to proof read his article. You studied Mass Comm and your 1st published National article, you did not proof read? This is why Nigerian graduates of today are unemployed and unemployable and their degrees are worthless!!! To further compound matters they have no work ethic and professionalism as displayed by the junk of an article the guy wrote. If I were a newspaper house and this is the second best graduating student, what it tells me is never employ anyone from this University or polytechnic if this is the best of their graduates.

We are talking about mass communication here, it's all about your words, presentation, communication. The substance what you are trying to say does not even matter once you lose the presentation and a student of mass comm should know better or he was poorly taught.
i get u bro,but at least you should have been more subtle with your skepticism.You are taking it too far

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by davodyguy: 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
amuokuko:

Aha nna gi bu Otu-mbe...
if u cant deal with that, honk a snail...

Smh. Feel sorry for you
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
dyn1800:
SO WE SHOULD CRUCIFY HIM FOR THAT? MEANWHILE DEMANDED CAN BE USED OGA ENCYCLOPEDIA. DEPENDING ON THE CONTEXT AND THE MESSAGE YOU'RE TRYING TO CONVEY.

AS FOR THE SALARIES, THE WRITER PUT IT IN QUOTES “ we haven’t been paid salaries for three months”. WHICH IT VALID

ABOVE ALL, NO ONE IS ABOVE "GRAMMATICAL" OR TYPO "ERROR". I'M SURE YOU CAN NOT BE 100% CORRECT WITH YOUR COMPOSITIONS AS WELL. FOR EXAMPLE YOUR TYPO ERROR GPa INSTEAD OF CGPA didnt INSTEAD OF didn't.

1) I'm not a Mass comm student, 2) i'm typing on a forum while at work, mistakes are allowed on a forum but NOT WHEN YOU PUBLISH IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER and claim to be a 4.0 GPA student
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by aniblue(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=garfield16 post=43885575]

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he said salaries instead of salary.[/quo

thanks for your correction.

OP's message is clear, he made his points and fact clear and i hope we understood him.

In as much as i appreciate your correction, i also want you to digest his message cos things are really falling apart in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Angelovic96: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he said salaries instead of salary.

what is wrong with you why cant you encourage the writer of this good article you are one of those people making Nigeria a very sad place to live

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Oruku: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
[b][/b]Your reasoning ehn...
peacengine:
This same country was the happiest only a few years back despite not having everything, but some saddists in the opposition were not happy that people were happy, and decided to use propaganda to destroy our joy. Now people are so sad and the man with the peculiar body odor said it is a blessing to face hardship.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Angelovic96: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he said salaries instead of salary.

what is wrong with you why cant you encourage the writer of this good article you are one of those people making Nigeria a very sad place to live.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Oruku: 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice piece
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by kceewhyte(m): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
jattshaf:
Too lazy to read it....

Can some one please superize it, I mean summariz
chai!!! Your type would rather urinate on your pant, instead of going to the bathroom
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
fawaz050:
i get u bro,but at least you should have more subtle with your skepticism.You are taking it too far

I' don't believe I am taking it too far, if you haven't learnt how to write English as a MASS COMM graduate then your degree is not worth the paper it is printed on, when will he? we must stop encouraging mediocrity in this country, our newspapers are full of grammatical errors and articles where the authors haven't even checked to see if what they are about to print makes sense! A good example is substituting $ for Naira, causing confusion and clearly this is down to shabbyness. WHat this article shows me is another shabby journalist about to misinform the public with his poor english and lack of thoroughness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by collinx(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Well- written and thought-provoking article!. But what's the way out.? These vultures will never allow any peaceful change to the status quo..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Angelovic96:

what is wrong with you why cant you encourage the writer of this good article you are one of those people making Nigeria a very sad place to live.

That's the problem with Nigerians, I am encouraging him to up his game, you are encouraging to continue the mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by amuokuko: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
davodyguy:

Smh. Feel sorry for you

while i worry for you..
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by jattshaf(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
kceewhyte:
chai!!! Your type would rather urinate on your pant, instead of going to the bathroom

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
My lazyness reach o, especially during raining season that there is cool, I urinate almost every minutes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why are u so lazy to read this article, interestingly is talking about the youth. I urge u to read it and u will thank me later
gbaskiboy:
Summary pls
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Angelovic96: 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

That's the problem with Nigerians, I am encouraging him to up his game, you are encouraging to continue the mediocrity.

if this is how you encourage people please dont encourage any more before showing someone his faults please tell the person 'you have tride' at least
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by dyn1800: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sir! the errors in the write up as you claimed doesn't deserves the outright condemnation of the writer .....

The errors are pardonable

garfield16:

1) I'm not a Mass comm student, 2) i'm typing on a forum while at work, mistakes are allowed on a forum but NOT WHEN YOU PUBLISH IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER and claim to be a 4.0 GPA student

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nwadiala: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Summary pls
pls; go back and read it. u missed something
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
If u will lead i bet u, i will follow u, we need it seriously in this nation
CuteInBlack:
We need a Revolution. Who would lead? Anyone?
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Klinsp(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Just with the little contributions you made. you made your own errors e.g. didnt instead of didn't, GPA instead CGPA. Nobody is above mistake.
garfield16:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Next time we are going to vote for an energetic man/woman between 35-45 years of age to be our president. Enough of this national hopelessness!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
You are on point, but I need to remind you that law makers in western nations will gladly accept more money than their Nigerian counterparts. The only problem is that they fear the anger of the people , knowing the citizen are willing to die just to avoid living in penury. For as long as we prefer to live in penury as opposed to dying for the betterment of our offsprings, politicians will always take for a ride.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Angelovic96:

if this is how you encourage people please dont encourage any more before showing someone his faults please tell the person 'you have tride' at least

he is moaning about the fate of the Nigerian youth, yet you cannot see that his article in itself is a perfect example of the problem of the Nigerian youth. Here is someone moaning about the lack of jobs but then by the same token has shown exactly why Nigerian graduates struggle to find jobs......They are just not good enough both in terms of the quality of the education they have received and in their own personal efforts. here is someone who wants to be a journalist and yet gets an opportunity to advertise himself and did not proof read his article!!!! It says a lot about him as a professional!!!

I am an employer of labour, I always have vacancies for good people, I struggle to find good graduates. I get applications every day but they are usually always not up to the task. take it from me there are jobs out there, the problem is there are too many half-baked quack graduates and to make matters worse they have no work ethic. That's why it seems like there are no jobs, if people only strive to improve themselves, they'd be in hot demand in this environment because believe me the average Nigerian University graduate in unemployable, why do you think people are sending their kids abroad en-masse? Just as graduates are shouting no jobs, employers are moaning no good graduates. Distinguish yourself from the mundane and you will get a top job.

he may not like what I had to say but if this guy reads my criticism, tomorrow he will be a better journalist that he was yesterday, why? because now he knows to proof read his articles, that as a journalist that strives ti the peak it is professionally unacceptable to put out a shoddy article. That my friend is how you make people better, you cannot be a better person if you do not address your flaws. Saying well done when someone does a shabby job does not bring out the best in a person, it just reinforces a belief that what he is doing is right.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by tp2com1: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is the best post ever!!! Thanks bro.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Klinsp:
Just with the little contributions you made. you made your own errors e.g. didnt instead of didn't, GPA instead CGPA. Nobody is above mistake.

Like I said to someone else, if he wrote that article on naira land, I wouldn't have commented, if he didnt say he was a Mass com graduate, i wouldn't comment, if he didnt say he was 2nd best graduating student, i wouldn't comment.

I am allowed to make typing errors because I am posting on Nairaland. I am not a mass com graduate and more importantly, my article is not published in the Vanguard. Even as a non journalist/mass com professional, In know better than to send an article for publishing in a national daily without proof reading it 1sr because while you may or may not agree with the content, the presentation, grammer, syntax and composition says everything about me.

Nigerians must begin to understand the concept of professionalism.

The "Nobody is above mistake" mentality is not just the reason why nothing works in Nigeria, it is the reason why things continue to "not work"!
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Jesona(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

what's the big picture care to explain because this is a supposed best graduating student of mass comm saying things like "I wasn’t discourage" instead of "discouraged". If this huy walked into my office looking for a job i wouldn't employ him because I can't trust him to write articles without proof reading his English.
[url]
garfield16:

what's the big picture care to explain because this is a supposed best graduating student of mass comm saying things like "I wasn’t discourage" instead of "discouraged". If this huy walked into my office looking for a job i wouldn't employ him because I can't trust him to write articles without proof reading his English.
[/url]
garfield16:

[b]
garfield16:

[url][quote author=garfield16 post=43885848]

Bros, i share in your sentiments but you just made the same mistake of proof reading, when you typed "huy" instead of guy.

NB- No one is perfect.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
CuteInBlack:
We need a Revolution. Who would lead? Anyone?
. I will lead. Who is supporting me. Vote president businessnaija come 2019
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by centozikas: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pls if u want to report news on nairaland hw d I go about it fot it to appear on as a caption news. Pls come to my aid
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jesona:
[url][/url][b][url]

see above, the article was not posted on Nairaland, I did not publish aricle in Vanguard. I can wear slippers and t-shirt in my house or to my friends house but I won't to to vist the state governeor and wear t-shirt and slippers. when you publish in a national daily as a mass com graduate, you must always bring your "A" game, particularly when you are looking for a job!!!!

and even this post has errors and I wont bother to correct because this is Nairaland not vanguard and my professional competence in the feild of journalism is not under the microscope because I am not one
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by akanbiaa(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

And the unemployed experts in English what is the way out for them?
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
akanbiaa:
And the unemployed experts in English what is the way out for them?

direct your enquiries to Chris Ngige, Minister for employment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things To Know About Prince Abubakar Audu (oct. 1947 – Nov. 2015) / Richard Akinjide Is Dead / Yul Edochie Steps Out With His Daughter, Dani (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.