Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely (9165 Views)

Boko Haram: 3 Soldiers Dead As Army Counters Attack On Millitary Base / 8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / Dasuki To Face Fresh Charges Over 1994 Millitary Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Hw is this ur suggestion a possible solution to d problems u jus highlighted!
Because all the problems were not existing then when they were ruling us. And i believe they will be scrap if the come back
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by munchi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
cool
Sammyashol:
Lol, if that happens who's gonna take control of the treasury
You and i cool

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Have you tried it? You can't sit down and do nothing
Don't worry I will advocate for it, atleast I have started taking steps by saying my mind on a public forum
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
If not for the kind of military we have in Nigeria, I would've prayed for their takeover.

Our military don't have good moral standards to lead a nation.

But good one @OP.

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
munchi:
cool
You and i cool
Guy man you soji no be small. but do u realise same thing we are trying to fight now will still continue that way!
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Zelex9(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
I believe this thread is likely either for attention seeking purposes (because the issues listed have always existed, just that there is more exposure due to the aid of social media etc) or the OP is not well informed (which is not his fault). Military rule is what got Nigeria into this mess in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by munchi(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:
Guy man you soji no be small. but do u realise same thing we are trying to fight now will still continue that way!
so what's the solution?
not military rule pls

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by jmichlins(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:
God bless u, that's what am trying to say but some won't understand. We need to change the face of leadership for a while
what the whites will never tell we africans is that the military or a dictator laid the foundation of their greatness. For instance, singapore had their independence just around the same time as us and one man ruled them for more than 40yrs putting them on the list of first world nations before handing over power and today they call him founder of singapore
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by jmichlins(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
The amount of money we spend on electing corrupt men and women will go a long way in fixing our failed infrastructure
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by jmichlins(m): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Zelex9:
I believe this thread is likely either for attention seeking purposes (because the issues listed have always existed, just that there is more exposure due to the aid of social media etc) or the OP is not well informed (which is not his fault). Military rule is what got Nigeria into this mess in the first place.
bad military rule. The first coup in nigeria would had positioned us well but tribal sentiment killed the core reasons for the coup
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by godoluwa(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
2 things that will solve naija problem;
* Let break this country & go our separate ways or,
* We turn the system to regionalism instead of federalism

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by babadee1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
You must be joking. First of all, advocating for a military take over of a legitimately elected constitutional democratic government is pure treason. You are playing with life imprisonment my friend. Second, I am old enough to remember how life was under several military governments and it was no better than now. In many cases it was worse, regular riots, hyperinflation, massive unemployment, no free speech at all. Nigeria was ostracized internationally and there were political assassinations all the time. If you think Buhari is bad now you should have seen Buhari as a military dictator, people were flogged in the streets for no reason whatsoever. Be careful what you wish for, no matter how bad it is the military is never the answer.

Sammyashol:
[b] My observation about Nigeria. Some times I feel like weeping, but never

A country where hard work doesn't pay but connection.

Many of the graduates have been APC/PDP members for years but only good for being a zombie and not for CBN/NNPC jobs.

20 years from now, we will be ruled by the same families. already being positioned by their parents to take over.

The children of the rich can even own businesses and employ workers. But the are never happy unless they get govt money.

So instead of education upgrading the poor, the poor are frustrated and being told to pray to God.

And some youths have being calling for the formation of new party ahead of 2019 please tell me is it not this same set of people that will decamp to the new party?

Nigeria is just an eyesore, nepotism favoured everywhere, an average man don't have hope for a better future. Same set of people recycling themselves.

How i wish the military can take over, so that we can start rebuilding our great country [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Olabestonic001(m): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
jmichlins:
What we need is young, vibrant and disciplined men and women in uniform to chart a new course for this nation then hand over to civilians

Military, hand-over like that?
You ain't even know those guys at all. They are the worst set of rulers you can imagine.
Shebi we dey still yab ourselves and some people dey do demonstrations here and there. With them, we'll hear wehn.
Shebi all of us dey abuse that foolish lady soldier wey abuse one guy like that bah? With them, fb,twitter,whatsapp and ever nairaland will be closed down.
We are evolving! If Kaduna Nzeogwu and his cohorts had left us with our politics, we would have moved farther by now. Even, the bloody Rivers states with all the killings is better off to a military government.

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Olabestonic001(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:
But we survive when they were in power then, and we will still now by God grace just to wipe out some thrash bro

And create even greater thrashes right?
Will you like Buratai (that Human Right abuser) as your president?

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Olabestonic001(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
jmichlins:
what the whites will never tell we africans is that the military or a dictator laid the foundation of their greatness. For instance, singapore had their independence just around the same time as us and one man ruled them for more than 40yrs putting them on the list of first world nations before handing over power and today they call him founder of singapore

He was never a military man but a dictator.

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by obakore20(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:

Be careful what you wish for, military are the worst kind of government you can wish for. Haven't you heard this "bloody civilian" they will violate your right with impunity

Who says our human rights are not being violated now. Do you even have human rights in this country mtchewwww.

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by oyinkinola: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
[[s]quote author=Sammyashol post=43882739][b] My observation about Nigeria. Some times I feel like weeping, but never

A country where hard work doesn't pay but connection.

Many of the graduates have been APC/PDP members for years but only good for being a zombie and not for CBN/NNPC jobs.

20 years from now, we will be ruled by the same families. already being positioned by their parents to take over.

The children of the rich can even own businesses and employ workers. But the are never happy unless they get govt money.

So instead of education upgrading the poor, the poor are frustrated and being told to pray to God.

And some youths have being calling for the formation of new party ahead of 2019 please tell me is it not this same set of people that will decamp to the new party?

Nigeria is just an eyesore, nepotism favoured everywhere, an average man don't have hope for a better future. Same set of people recycling themselves.

How i wish the military can take over, so that we can start rebuilding our great country [/b][/quote][/s]

weldone zombiethe waillers were completetly lost control & everything including their hope, they were begging soldiers to come and take over!

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:
Because all the problems were not existing then when they were ruling us. And i believe they will be scrap if the come back
now I see the prob!AGE! With due respect to u, u must be very very young wen military ruled!

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:
E-Sir! has the social media bill being pass to law? No freedom of speech again.
Uncle e be like you no de familiar with our criminal and penal codes
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
BlackTechnology:
Illiteracy at its peak

I am sure Op is not up to 18years in age

Exactly! He wasn't yet of age when the Military was in power. It's not illiteracy, it's ignorance.
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by jmichlins(m): 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Olabestonic001:

He was never a military man but a dictator.
dictator or military are all the same just like come here and come nearer

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by jmichlins(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
The thing is that we think that the current crop of military heads will be at helm of affairs. Military coup has no rank requirements all it need are men and women with like minds and brave hearts to wipe the people heading now. It is not a must that the coas or his corresponding head at other arm forces will plan and execute it
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Uniben4sure: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
I support this motion only if we can have a Jerry Rawlings from among our military men who can replicate what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why People Jubilated When Buhari Was Overthrown

Have you always wondered (ask your dad) why people jubilated when Buhari was overthrown in 1985?
No need to wonder any more, these are some of the reasons people went on the streets after his removal. It took pains for me to research so we can catalogue and list the real reasons he was overthrown. Am sure this would help people my age group who were too young or were not born then.
ere are my findings

1.Soured Nigeria’s relations with Britain and neighbouring countries by ordering the brutal expulsion of 700,000 West African immigrants

2.Summarily dismissed 30,000 soldiers who were mainly Southerners and Middle beltans but left Lt.Col Mohammed Aliyu Gusau intact when he knew Aliyu was operating an import license scam.

3.Abuse of human rights:------- It was so bad that the Nigerian Bar Association stopped their lawyers from participating in the charade dubbed "the Nuremberg tribunals". Once you're summoned to the tribunal, consider yourself a prisoner.

4.Buhari promulgated Decree 4 on his first day in the job as head of state. It basically means you criticize the government you go to prison, end of story.

5.All the the senior positions in the SMC were occupied by northern Muslims (SMC is like present day senate and HOR)

6.Decree 2 of 1984 (Detention of Persons Decree).....It basically allows the president to arrest anybody it wants.

7.Economy-----Insurmountable economic problems plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding foreign debt. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian. In addition, political corruption continued unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. From Encyclopaedia Britannica

8.Rigidity----- Does not listen to other opinions hence Babangida said this when he overthrew Buhari: Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was too rigid and uncompromising in his attitudes to issues of national significance.

9.Jailing of opponents or perceived enemies. Sam Mbakwe 100-year jail, Ambrose Ali 75yrs, Lateef Jakande 100yrs and Pa Ajasin. Pa Adekunle Ajasin was tried, found innocent, tried again and still found innocent, and Buhari just decided enough was enough and jailed him anyhow. But curiously his friend Awwal Ibrahim – the highly corrupt governor of Niger State who was arrested at Heathrow airport with £14 million was only placed under house arrest.,

The End
10. 20months after taking power, Nigerians and the military had grown tired and impatient with his dictatorship and the rest is history as they say.
After watching the evening news with people he thought were his friends, Majors Dangiwa Umar, Lawan Gwadabe, Abdulmumuni Aminu and Sambo Dasuki rose and pulled their pistols. One of them said: Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, on behalf of the Nigerian people, I hereby declare you arrested for crimes against the Nigerian people.

In conclusion, Buhari had lots of good policies and came with good intention but his downfall was intransigence. Not listening to other people's opinion in a diverse nation like Nigeria, he was not a unifier.
:Mervin James

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Ratello: 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:

Be careful what you wish for, military are the worst kind of government you can wish for. Haven't you heard this "bloody civilian" they will violate your right with impunity
Even as the "bloody civilian" that you are under this civilian administration, what right do you have when this same administration can't provide you your basic inalienable rights (namely rights to constant light, water, jobs, accommodation, good roads, fuel, recreation parks, security, education, information ).......so what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by peacengine(m): 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ratello:

Even as the "bloody civilian" that you are under this civilian administration, what right do you have when this same administration can't provide you your basic inalienable rights (namely rights to constant light, water, jobs, accommodation, good roads, fuel, recreation parks, security, education, information ).......so what are you saying?

Millitary rule is not the best bro, you wouldn't even be able to express yourself on social media, what Buhari is doing now shows the nature of a millitary person, but it will be worse then because the judiciary will be powerless and the senate non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Ratello: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:

Millitary rule is not the best bro, you wouldn't even be able to express yourself on social media, what Buhari is doing now shows the nature of a millitary person, but it will be worse then because the judiciary will be powerless and the senate non-existent.
You are totally wrong, I am not a kid. I have been privileged to witness both and I make bold to say that Military Rule far supercedes this your charade you called democracy. How do you explained a wasteful Presidential System of Government that waste trillions of naira annually on recurrent expenditures and catering for salaries and allowances of political appointees when majority of her youths are poor and needy.

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by benzion72(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
You missed it calling for military interventions. do military 40 years rule in Nigeria produce any fruit. Dont look to government for the solution to your challenges, look unto yourself and GOD help

2 Likes

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 7:28am On Mar 19, 2016
SirJeffry:
If not for the kind of military we have in Nigeria, I would've prayed for their takeover.

Our military don't have good moral standards to lead a nation.

But good one @OP.
Bless
Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 7:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Zelex9:
Lol, for attention seeking purpose, why? Has nairaland started paying for likes and post, if not then keep that thought to yourself am just saying my mind. Mind you things weren't like this back then during gowon's regime and co. If you are still kid or u haven't being given birth then. Ask from elders around you to know how things went

1 Like

Re: Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely by Sammyashol(m): 7:39am On Mar 19, 2016
munchi:
so what's the solution? not military rule pls
For me its millitary, don't know about yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Budget Padding: Dogara, Others Must Face Panel – Police / Buhari Travels To Jordan To Discuss Terrorism / Governor Akeredolu At 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Celebration In Akure (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.