Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration (18883 Views)

Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos / Habibat Lawal: The New Acting SGF Appointed By Buhari (Photo) / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by BlackTechnology: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2016
rhymaster:

Ol boy, government cannot do everything and you don't need government for that! Why do you have friends, family and networking skills? LinkedIn, FB, church, societal gatherings, etc? Why can't you start a company that does this same simple thing you want the FG to do while still spending money, fighting BH in the NE, wailer seccesionists in the SE, militants and oil bunkerers in the SS, Fulani herdsmen in NC and religious terrorists Zakyzaki and Shiites in Kaduna? Stop being a wailer and do something, at least you claim to have two hands, education and a brain? What else do you want??

You need government to organized and monitor it in order to speed up development

Ask yourself why we have Nigerian Stock Exchange.?

Think before you type
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by hope4nigeria(m): 11:48am On Mar 19, 2016
thaoriginator:
do you live in a cave or in a forest? Light is almost everywhere in Nigeria now..

Telling me to shut up, see your big head cry
my big head make me handsome sir/ma.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by blackprowler: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
BlackTechnology:

You need government to organized and monitor it in order to speed up development

Ask yourself why we have Nigerian Stock Exchange.?

Think before you type

No. He is right. You should think before you type. Government exists to prevent one from subjugating another and be a middle-man for people trying to come together to do something for one-another. Government does not exist to provide goodies for people. It is the government's fault for adding so many things that are now unsustainable to their list of duties. The reason we keep failing is we do nothing and say government should do everything. It's the fault of free oil
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by ypeace: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
*** modified

This particular YES - program is likely to fail even if it is rightfully implemented. This is because the following were not considered;

1. Do we have the needed 'brains to transform this money to what Nigeria will export?

2. Are the needed brain needed to create wealth more than the brains who are ready to destroy it?

If any of the above questions is negative. Then, Nigeria is only trying to fill a basket. The only way to increase the size our productive labour is by EDUCATING the non-productive ones.

A man who repeats same thing over and over again expecting the same result is a.................................................

1 Like

Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by 1Dray(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lordsocrates:
fact is no matter wat PMB would do, wailers gon still wail..

and its so getting out of hand, that supposed matured folks be crying for 10months straight for having lost... GEJ moved on... 3yrs 2months more to go.

Nigeria will be great again.

The thing here is that, since the inception of this APC regime, all the youths get are bunch of promises without one been started talk more of implementing. The youths out here are tired of fake promises already, so tell me, why won't they wail? At least GEJ gave them Youwin within the first 6 months of been elected... Increased NYSC allawe, SUREP and had all things set and ready to give them YEAP/Nagropreneurs before he lots election. Why do thing they can forget GEJ in a hurry? I pray thee, tell.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by tobiolus01: 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
this govt sha,nawa o.how is it possible 4 me 2 borrow my money? this money that belongs 2 every citizen of nigeria then u expect me 2 come and borrow it with all these foolish conditions abeg #bringbackourcorruption
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by BlackTechnology: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
blackprowler:

No. He is right. You should think before you type. Government exists to prevent one from subjugating another and be a middle-man for people trying to come together to do something for one-another. Government does not exist to provide goodies for people. It is the government's fault for adding so many things that are now unsustainable to their list of duties. The reason we keep failing is we do nothing and say government should do everything. It's the fault of free oil

If you are not an economic illiterate, you would have asked yourself why we have Nigerian Stock Exchange.

A sector were investors and companies meet and this union is regulated and monitored by Government.

I repeat we need the government to create , regulate and monitor a platform where those with money meet those with brain in order to spur industrialisation

Think before you type.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by BlackTechnology: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
ypeace:
*** modified

This particular YES - program is likely to fail even if it is rightfully implemented. This is because the following were not considered;

1. Do we have the needed 'brains to transform this money to what Nigeria will export?

2. Are the needed brain needed to create wealth more than the brains who are ready to destroy it?

If any of the above questions is negative. Then, Nigeria is only trying to fill a basket. The only way to increase the size our productive labour is by EDUCATING the non-productive ones.

A man who repeats same thing over and over again expecting the same result is a.................................................

To add to your point

Once these brains are developed, the government should create regulate and monitor a platform where these brains can meet those with money to spur industrialisation

1 Like

Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by vroom(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
What's the process of application,I think we should be more interested in how to apply before criticizing the project.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by funnynation(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
rhymaster:

Negativity is inbred in the soul and DNA of a wailer. Some people will make progress and be successful because of positivity while wailers like you will be left behind because of blind negativity and resistance to every avenue of progress.

Anyone with sense who reads or hears about this scheme, if interested and willing to start a business, should not listen or consider this opinion of this wailer. Let only this wailer and his ilk be left behind.
have u collected ur own share?
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by mohsaaf: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
I was jst thinking. hw many graduate ll even benefit from d 10bn if 10m ll b gven to each successful applicant.
nvadlss, is vry gud dvelopmnt
God bless my able Presdo.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by jamjo: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
AKAKAK:
The Muhammadu Buhari administration, through the Bank of Industry, on Thursday formally launched a N10 billion Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) project to empower youth with loans to start businesses.
Speaking at the launch of the project in Abuja, the Minister for Industry, Trade and Investment, Okechukwu Enelamah, said his ministry would partner all agencies of government to create new jobs.
He said more than 40 per cent of Nigerian graduates had no jobs and that an average of eight million Nigerians entered the job market annually.
The minister said that the ‘YES’ project of BoI was part of the Federal Government’s youth employment scheme, saying that about 36,000 jobs would be created annually through ‘YES’.
He appealed to prospective beneficiaries to repay the loans for the success and sustenance of the project.
Waheed Olagunju, the acting Managing Director of BoI, said that a participant under the scheme could access up to N10 million loan with single digit interest rate and repayable over three to five years.
He said that an applicant must present NYSC or higher education certificate as collateral to qualify for the loan with two external guarantors.

Mr. Olagunju said that the bank was partnering 11 consultants across the country for the first phase of the project.
Afolabi Imokhuede, a Special Assistant to the Vice President, said job creation was at the heart of the current administration.
He said that government intended to create 3.5 million jobs in the next three years, adding that the ‘YES’ project was one of the programmes.
Mr. Imokhuede advised participants to take the ‘YES’ seriously as online courses were now popular means of job creation world wide.
Nasir El-Rufai, the Governor ok Kaduna State, said that the state was partnering with BoI on job creation.
He said that the state had been able to take controlling shares in Peugeot Automobile Nigeria with the assistance of BoI.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200306-buhari-administration-launches-n10-billion-youth-entrepreneurial-project.html

This is a good idea but my problem is this, Why will they always make it hard for common people, why two guarantors? This is another way of compensating the rich and the connected. Tell me who will be in his/her right mind to go and guarantee a loan for someone who is starting up a new business, majority of them don't even have someone who will be willing to sign a loan knowing fully well that they will be accountable for this loan if there was a default on this loans. Here in America where i live, some of this programs they do it as a grant, but i know my country don't have money like America, Why not expend YOU WIN for graduates because that program was designed for a common person and it was working well. Just allow them to use their universities "CERTIFICATES" as collateral in that way it will make it easy and also it will give them that opportunity to work hard in repayment of the loan . Please make it easy for them just allow them to come with their Certificates and a good business plan and let BOI take it from there by monitoring and organizing lectures in the best business practices which will enable them to grow their businesses.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by mohsaaf: 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
jamjo:

This is a good idea but my problem is this, Why will they always make it hard for common people, why two guarantors? This is another way of compensating the rich and the connected. Tell me who will be in his/her right mind to go and guarantee a loan for someone who is starting up a new business, majority of them don't even have someone who will be willing to sign a loan knowing fully well that they will be accountable for this loan if there was a default on this loans. Here in America where i live, some of this programs they do it as a grant, but i know my country don't have money like America, Why not expend YOU WIN for graduates because that program was designed for a common person and it was working well. Just allow them to use their universities "CERTIFICATES" as collateral in that way it will make it easy and also it will give them that opportunity to work hard in repayment of the loan . Please make it easy for them just allow them to come with their Certificates and a good business plan and let BOI take it from there by monitoring and organizing lectures in the best business practices which will enable them to grow their businesses.

well said bro. u jst said my mind, people like me dont even know any body at state level let alone grade 12 in FG.am d only graduate in my family and I hv a vry gud business plan of FERTILIZER PRODUCTION bt frm d look of things their condition has automatically screen me out.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by jamjo: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
mohsaaf:

well said bro. u jst said my mind, people like me dont even know any body at state level let alone grade 12 in FG.am d only graduate in my family and I hv a vry gud business plan of FERTILIZER PRODUCTION bt frm d look of things their condition has automatically screen me out.

You have validated the point i was trying to make here, we have good ideas and policies in that country but our problems are implementations . Why throwing obstacles that at the end all it does are defeat the purpose.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by ypeace: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
BlackTechnology:

To add to your point

Once these brains are developed, the government should create regulate and monitor a platform where these brains can meet those with money to spur industrialisation
Sure! Industrialization over privatization. I am guessing that you have read Professor Ogbimi's book- solution to mass unemployment in Nigeria.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by Atomick: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2016
All Nigerians could do is talk.
Before, there was no opportunity like this, all we did was shout and condemn.
Now, at least PMB is starting to come out with empowerment schemes. Instead of smart Nigerians to be productive, all they could is blasphem on Social media. DO YOU THINK CHANGE WILL COME FROM THAT. High time we start thinking and stop condemning. Running Nigeria is not a one man affair, it takes us all to make it work.

I knew this day would come, when Nigerians would be presented with options and they would not be able to come out with ideas, all because never prepared. Things are changing, We are in an innovative world, only the smart would make it.
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by xelly: 4:40am On Mar 20, 2016
They will replicate what they did in CBN job scam
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by nawebco(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Here is the full detail and where to apply for the N10 billion youth entrepreneurial project. you =>http://naija4web.com/
Re: Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration by enlightenedmind: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
Liars!!!!!!!
First of all, look at the requirements for handing out the loans. There is no guarantee that these "YOUTHS" will actually start businesses and empower the economy. So basically, what Buhari is doing is simply handing out money to people with NYSC certificates (Forgeable) and University degrees (Forgeable).
Second, who classifies as 'YOUTH'. Because in Nigeria the 65 years old Alhajis still consider themselves youth without wrinkles.
So he has given no reasonable criteria to ensure legitimate people have access to this money, he has ensured that if they don't want to they won't pay back, he has also ensured that they will be untraceable and finally he has mystified the entire scam by using the word "Youth".
We are the youths and we do not want it. That money should go into research and production of a clean energy supply for Africa. That in itself will empower the youth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The United States' Message To Nigerians As Election Day Approaches (Video) / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS / The Onitsha An Anmbra Man Will Never Show You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.