Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's (10315 Views)

WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter / Jonathan's Former Officials Accuse Buhari Of Dismissing Already Dissolved Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by softvio(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is this not Naeto C mother
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by pabjo: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
so that you go de raise shoulder with the male counter part abi
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by sparklebug: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
for all those criticizing the proposed bill, have you all bothered to read it?why are you so afraid of making a widow take sole custody of her children? or is it the equitable sharing of her husbands estate that is scaring you men? don't you all know your sisters, daughters, mother's can benefit from this bill? as a man who has slaved all his life to provide for his home wouldn't you want your properties to go to your wife and kids in the case of your untimely demise?

read the proposed bill! it addresses ills women have suffered in the society! abi is it the word ''equality'' there scaring all of you? educate yourselves!!

6 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by pabjo: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
softvio:
Is this not Naeto C mother
op u sure
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by banmee(m): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
olaolaking:
When the condition demands energy, Hard and dangerous situation, men are not the same but when it comes to enjoyment, they say there should be gender equality.

They have never come out to protest that only men were deployed to Sambisa forest and thereby demand that an equal number of women should be assigned.

When you want a night guard they will never apply. Yet they claim gender is equal.

Gender equality ko, gender equation ni

We are not talking of size here. We are talking about the rights and opportunity to pursue whatever dreams or ambitions a woman has and not be hindered by prejudices.

3 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by babyfaceafrica: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
irondome:

How do you have equity without equality?
anyone who wants equality should not be choosy,if you want to be treated like a man,you should also face what they face,ladies should ask men out,ladies should also go to sambisa forest to fight boko haram,they should aalso pay bide price to men like its done in India,should stop referring themselves weaker sex....e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by SirToby(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]APC govt is a curse on Nigeria[/size]
The same bill was first rejected in Enugu state last month.
PDP and South east are both a cursed to nigeria government

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
sparklebug:
for all those criticizing the proposed bill, have you all bothered to read it?why are you so afraid of making a widow take sole custody of her children? or is it the equitable sharing of her husbands estate that is scaring you men? don't you all know your sisters, daughters, mother's can benefit from this bill? as a man who has slaved all his life to provide for his home wouldn't you want your properties to go to your wife and kids in the case of your untimely demise?

read the proposed bill! it addresses ills women have suffered in the society! abi is it the word ''equality'' there scaring all of you? educate yourselves!!
At least we all know why the continent and Nigeria especially can never progress. With educated illiterates everywhere. Later they go they blame the witches in their villages instead of being logical like the whites. Not as if they are better than their foreign counterparts. It's only the negative side they can see,whereas they fail to see the positive effects. Thank God it also affe ts their female relatives. Who is fooling who?Smh

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
sparklebug:

At least we all know why the continent and Nigeria especially can never progress. With educated illiterates everywhere. Later they go they blame the witches in their villages instead of being logical like the whites. Not as if they are better than their foreign counterparts. It's only the negative side they can see,whereas they fail to see the positive effects. Thank God it also affects their female relatives. Who is fooling who?Smh

5 Likes

sweetcocoa:
It's now that you people just heard the news abi? I even wonder sef, do we as Nigerian women actually want equality? We are way too passive on the matter.

What am I even saying? Your pastors/Imams say you are unequal to a man, so how can you stand up to or challenge him? I just got to know today that, in Islam, if a woman wears perfume,walks by and a man perceives the fragrance, she automatically becomes an adulteress, that's just reasonable

All these celebrities are just disappointing, they can't even use their influence, do they even know what's happening in the country?

You are even pleading with them to consider the bill, what a joke. Go and roll on the floor, continue crying and pleading, this one is not nearly enough.

Nonsense.
this Gender equality bill, is it wen it is passed dat rape will stop or mortality rate will reduce?.

Gender equality depends on hw women see themselves b4 men.

It is only a woman with LOW SELF ESTEEM dat sees men as superior being dan them and at times we see men wit LOW SELF ESTEEM.

What is dis gender equality bill they are fighting for?, because in the labour force their are women wit better jobs dan men.

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by repogirl(f): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
It's now that you people just heard the news abi? I even wonder sef, do we as Nigerian women actually want equality? We are way too passive on the matter.

What am I even saying? Your pastors/Imams say you are unequal to a man, so how can you stand up to or challenge him? I just got to know today that, in Islam, if a woman wears perfume,walks by and a man perceives the fragrance, she automatically becomes an adulteress , that's just reasonable

All these celebrities are just disappointing, they can't even use their influence, do they even know what's happening in the country?

You are even pleading with them to consider the bill, what a joke. Go and roll on the floor, continue crying and pleading, this one is not nearly enough.

Nonsense.
@bolded, that's why their women pass by and it's body odour stench that trails them underneath all the thick layers of clothing meanwhile their men know how to invest into pungent smelling sosorobia perfume oooo. grin
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by peacengine(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Our women are too docile, fight for your rights.

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
olaolaking:
When the condition demands energy, Hard and dangerous situation, men are not the same but when it comes to enjoyment, they say there should be gender equality.

They have never come out to protest that only men were deployed to Sambisa forest and thereby demand that an equal number of women should be assigned.

When you want a night guard they will never apply. Yet they claim gender is equal.

Gender equality ko, gender equation ni
women do night guards, if u've nt seen i have.

There are women in the military, maybe u shld ask Burutai why he never sends women to sambisa.

5 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
GothamLuke:
There can never be true gender equality

it's a stupid bill that will serve no purpose in a country where traditional beliefs and customs still hold sway in the areas where it will have the most impact, SE and North.

The real issue they want to address is the issue of inheritance by women/daughters in the south east. To which I say, it's not going to change anything for those who are traditionalists. In this day and age a 30 year old man is arrested for not marrying their daughter the proper way and you think a law is going to change anything?

I am a christian but if I want to marry as many wives as I can I will, all I have to do is traditional marraiges, what stops me from marrying many wives is not the law but social acceptance. If the Ibos are not ready to do away with their customs on inheritance, no law will make any difference.

Besides the constitution already guarantees equality so it's a bit over zealous.

6 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by bughead: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
emmalezy:
Former Nigerian Federal Minister of Aviation, and the current National Women Leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has released a statement unbehalf of Nigerian women on the controversial Gender Equality Bill.

On behalf of the entire PDP women, I join members of the civil society to express profound disappointment and displeasure over the dismissal of the Nigerian Gender and Equal Opportunities bill by the Nigerian Senate, on Tuesday March, 2016.

This regressive action ironically occurred at a critical time when the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) conference is currently holding in New York, USA.

The implication of throwing out the Gender and Equal Opportunities bill is that the incidences of rape, domestic violence, maternal mortality, poverty e.t.c, which have been ravaging our country will continue unchallenged. The dismissal of that bill essentially undermines the contributions Nigerian women are making towards our national development.

That bill is not just about women. It is centred around the survival of the family system in Nigeria. If that bill were passed, the greatest beneficiaries would have been the menfolk, who are undoubtedly the heads of families. Nigerian women have partnered with them in building stable homes and the society at large. Nigerian women have proved capacity to lead and capacity to follow in national development.

Nigerian women are very conscious of positive Nigerian cultures and tradition but however, they propose to eliminate those factors that retard our socio economic development to comparable international standards. I watched the debate and I pay tribute to some of the male senators who made very positive contributions in support of the bill for which the female senators fought hard but lost the battle.

Women constitute more than 50% of the population of the country; unfortunately, they are only a minute minority in both the National Assembly and State Houses of Assembly. It is therefore no surprise that that bill was thrown out. That bill was about humanity and not about women.

I therefore plead with the Senate to revisit this bill, especially in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially as the Senate President has already promised to reconsider it.

Signed:

Kema Chikwe
PDP National Woman Leader.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/03/no-excuse-for-dismissing-gender.html

shut up! you are in a man's world and still talking RUBBISH!

women can can never be equal with men so know were you belong to now.

keep shouting! nothing you can do about it.

please throw this to the trash.
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:
Our women are too docile, fight for your rights.
the Bible said "wives be submissive to ur husband", so women are naturally made to be docile bt it doesn't mean men shld take them for a ride.

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by dayowunmi(m): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
First of all, I don't get the ruse about this gender equality bill, we have female ministers don't we, does the refusal of Senate to pass the bill hinder women from campaigning for political positions? Whether Senate passes the bill or not, women can never get to some positions in Nigeria e.g. Presidency or governorship, whether gender equality bill is passed or not, men will still dominate as CEO and directors of most companies. It's normal even in the first world nations. How many female billionaires are on the forces rich list top 10? The thing is,, a woman can get to any level by hard work and a good work ethics but men will always dominate the leadership positions

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
Women are paid less than men in the US...is that equality?

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Ghost447(m): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
yekparikpa:
My only fear is that our women might end up abusing this right.
That bill was unnecessary in the first place putting into consideration S.42 and other sections of Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Karleb(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Personally, I want the FG/Senate to approve the gender equality bill. It seems the house is scared of a liberal woman's potential, which is not supposed to be so. You only cherish what you don't have until you have it.
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by ubah84(m): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
the twitter senator will not said anything now. but if it is buhari issue he will be twitting rubbish.
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by ideatoprince18(m): 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
If any woman can use her piss to write her name then I wud agree to full gender equality ......... try SD be respected as women but not given gender equality with men .... the moment u give den gender equality u wud see den misbehaving ...... besides d almighty knew why he created men before women!!!!!

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by mcvaeey(m): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Gender equality my foot. Can a woman leave the house and go hustle the way a man does? Does a woman pay dowry? Until she can do all of these that's when she can then come to talk to me about gender equality. Idiots. This generation of nigerian women are the laziest women on the earth and yet demand equal rights. E no go better for whoever brought that notion in the first place.
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by barcaboi(m): 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
seunlayi:
When madam buhari is bn turned to full house wife, who will help them to realise this demand?
google will help u my friend...that woman runs her own fashion bizness and u re here saying this?
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Excuzeme: 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Someone should please ask Kema Chikwe TO TELL THE WORLD whether she became a Minister of the fed Rep. of Nigeria and a Nigerian Ambassador to Ireland........ with the aid of the "Women's Right Bill" (because it has nothing to do with Gender Equality", that is just a smoke-screen. ) ... or was through "Bottom Power" ... ..or through "Dint of Hard work"!

Her answer will allow us to move forward and make further decisions. undecided undecided

I know some women are "greedily forceful" and will keep bringing it up but l urge all women who believe in their "innate equality and abilities", Women who dont believe they can only reach the top iff " it is handed down to them" using "Gender Quota" to keep resisting this Bill because it demeans intelligent and competitive women who have made it to the top through hard work.
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by MrMandilas: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:

What am I even saying? Your pastors/Imams say you are unequal to a man, so how can you stand up to or challenge him? I just got to know today that, in Islam, if a woman wears perfume,walks by and a man perceives the fragrance, she automatically becomes an adulteress, that's just reasonable

Nonsense.
And my bible says men are the head.The world should consult God before changing His word. From the garden of eden,women had been thwarting God's agenda.

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Excuzeme: 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
herbie27:

There are women in the military, maybe u shld ask Burutai why he never sends women to sambisa.

Yes, there are women in the military but they are NEVER deployed to the War front.
What they do is called "Support Services".

Seek knowledge, at all times.

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
It will come to pass. With time.
For now ignorance holds sway over the population and that includes the leaders
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by MrMandilas: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
sparklebug:

Must the man die before the woman. if inheriting properties are what women are after,then they have mischievious and dubios motives.

2 Likes

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Excuzeme: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
emmalezy:
Former Nigerian Federal Minister of Aviation, and the current National Women Leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), .........

The implication of throwing out the Gender and Equal Opportunities bill is that the incidences of rape, domestic violence, maternal mortality, poverty e.t.c, which have been ravaging our country will continue unchallenged.
The dismissal of that bill essentially undermines the contributions Nigerian women are making towards our national development.

All the above are CRIMINAL ISSUES which can be adequately dealt with, with our current set of CRIMINAL LAWS in the Nigerian Constitution.
Why create another "special laws" for women, is that not male-marginalisation?

emmalezy:
That bill is not just about women. It is centred around the survival of the family system in Nig[b]eria. If that bill were passed, the greatest beneficiaries would have been the menfolk, [/b]who are undoubtedly the heads of families.

Thank you but "No Thanks"!
Men dont need more "Greek Gifts" like this. We are okay with the Nigerian constitution. No need for further greed.

emmalezy:
I watched the debate and I pay tribute to some of the male senators who made very positive contributions in support of the bill for which the female senators fought hard but lost the battle.

Ofcourse, there are IGNORANT MEN who cannot see THE BIG PICTURE YET, AS OF TODAY but it will be too late for such men, once the Bill is passed into law. Go to places in Europe and America and ask them why they are regretting supporting all this "Feminazzi dDemands", when they had the opportunity to shut it down! Go to places like Ireland and ask the Men "Whatzzup"
undecided undecided

emmalezy:
Women constitute more than 50% of the population of the country; unfortunately, they are only a minute minority in both the National Assembly and State Houses of Assembly. It is therefore no surprise that that bill was thrown out. That bill was about humanity and not about women.

Liar! The Bill is about the Greed of certain lazy women who want to use the "back-door to emasculate and oppress men"!
WOmen are not just more in population, there are more Girl-Child in all our schools as of today, as well.

Let women use their "numerical strength" to get what they want, ...they should stop playing on the sentimental weakness of men (for phussy, most of the time! grin ) ... and taking advantage of Men.
They just want 50% of all jobs and positions reserved for them...... whether they qualify or not! Lubbish! angry angry

Intelligent, competitive and qualified women dont ask to be "pushed to the top" based on Gender Quota System.

The Bill will be shut-down, for as many times as it is reconsidered by "a Saraki" who wants to use such women's Bill for political capital

emmalezy:

Signed:

Kema Chikwe
PDP National Woman Leader.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/03/no-excuse-for-dismissing-gender.html

The Bill will be shut-down, for as many times as it is reconsidered by "a Saraki" who wants to use such women's Bill for political capital

1 Like

Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Anthos(m): 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
For your mind, you wan get same right with men? You lied,it cant happen,else you women will finish person
Re: No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
herbie27:

A woman a night guard? You re a BIG LIAR!!!
According to the Section 55 of the Labour Act , it prohibits women from working in the night. The section provides that “no woman shall be employed on night work in a public or private industrial undertaking or in any branch thereof, or in any agricultural undertaking or any branch thereof.” The only exception is for nurses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Review Calabar Port Concession Agreement Over Low Cargo Volume / Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders / How 37-Storey NECOM house Was Sold To Bankole's Firm For N4 Billion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.