Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New FRSC Rule On Drivers License (54057 Views)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / FRSC Gives Reasons For Drivers License Issuance Problems / National Drivers License Now Valid For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by 3sha4lyf: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
stchinedu:

It is the latest rule on drivers licence. Whether fresh or renewal, you must go through a registered driving school, where you will attend 'class' for 26days and MUST be marked present for each day online...

You gotta be kidding me. New rule since when? For both fresh application and renewals?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
stchinedu:

It is the latest rule on drivers licence. Whether fresh or renewal, you must go through a registered driving school, where you will attend 'class' for 26days and MUST be marked present for each day online...

pls stop giving wrong info here. renewal r not affected, u can still get ur renewal wt ease as it does not require any certificate
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
sammily:
Someone should help me with this, a friend lost his DL (the new one) which is yet to expire, what are the process in getting another one?

this will be difficult, except u ve a copy of dat, even at dat u will need an insider to help sort it out. try wt d form if u ve it or apply for a reissue but u ve to pay again.

if it was done at my center, maybe I cld help!
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sammily(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
pattybf:

this will be difficult, except u ve a copy of dat, even at dat u will need an insider to help sort it out. try wt d form if u ve it or apply for a reissue but u ve to pay again.

if it was done at my center, maybe I cld help!

He does have a photocopy of the DL and all the documents. The centre is bariga, Lagos. What other document will they ask for and how much do you think it will cost him for the reissue?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
@ sammily: ur friend who lost his new license can easily get a re-issue done within 24hrs. All he needs 2 know is d name he used in processing dat driver's license and d date of birth. But since he has a copy of it , better.

D centre where he processed it doesn't matter . What matters is his information is on d data base with dat, he can process his re-issue at any center having d info above. And it will cost him roughly 12k. 4 further info u can check my signature 4 my contact.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by stchinedu: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
pattybf:

pls stop giving wrong info here. renewal r not affected, u can still get ur renewal wt ease as it does not require any certificate
My bad....you are right.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hello naira landers, I've read through dis tread and decides 2 give my own quarter : the guy who was informed about d new way of processing a fresh driver's license was rightly informed. But d driving sch certificate is not issued from Abuja like he said but by d driving sch. D driving sch sends report 2 Abuja with regard 2 dere training within d 26day. After which d student's certificate is generated by d driving sch with abuja's aproval.

With dis certificate, u den proceed to a driver's licence center where u den process d rest including ur vio texting and ur biometric capturing.

Note dat dis process has nothing 2 do with dose dat already have d original drivers license as dey are only expected 2 walk into any licensing centre and renew dere license irrespective of where day processed it initially.

The same goes 4 re-issue applicants. This applies 2 those dat had d original driver'slicense but unfortunately lost it.

The new process has already started 4 dose dat are ready 2 flow with d change.

A lot of pple has called and after d new process dey're informed of, preffers2 go 4 oluwole. Ie fake. Due 2 stuffs like no time, it's 2 expensive, etc. I agree it's expensive and ofcourse we're always busy dats y we're always here 2 help and 2 serve.

My advice: let's be patient and flow with d change because u and I knows dat our brothers on road r not smiling atall. If u go 4 fake and along d long run u're caught, after paying a huge amount as fine, ur vehicle will be siezed pending when u are able 2 prove d original driver's license. We c a lot of dis set of pple on daily basis. U don't want 2 be in dere shoes.

Note: whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well.

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by thesicilian: 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
tochimas:
, yeah, if the schools are equally regulated, not all those thieves masquerading as driving school, some of don't don't even know jack about driving, no education, they just put you on the road where you're a risk to your self and others. Do you know that even I went to driving school where I paid for 4 weeks driving school and yet everything I know about driving was taught to me by a friend. The idiot never taught me that I had to adjust my mirrors and all other safety measures before we enter the road, not until me nearly had accident when I tried to change lane cos I didn't know jack. This wasn't our first driving day, more like ending cos I decided he has to take me to highway. If not the learners permit plate. and the people following was careful, I for cause serious accident. He was already telling me to pay for another week as I feel I didn't learn enough. It's a another form of scam there, not to teach you anything tangible so you can continue paying and paying. After that incident, I called up a friend, he did the rest much more that the people I payed 30k to.
Don't mind them, its a racket. What are they going to teach about driving that you'll need four whole weeks and extra?

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dats y u r expected 2 apply only with one of d accredited driving schs by d GOV as any certificate outside those will be invalidated.

I personally attended one of d accredited driving sch 4 two weeks b4 i started driving and my experience wasn't bad. There was a theoretical part of the training b4 we went out 4 practice. I fink it was worth it.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
BREAKING NEWS!!!

WE HAVE GIVEN BETWEEN NOW N THURDAY TO
PROCESS FRESH APPLICATIONS, ALL IN D
SPIRIT OF EASTHER.
PLS HURRY NOW, SEND ME UR INFO VIA
WHATSAPP: 08023138853

Surname............First name............
Other names...........
Sex................
Date of birth.............
Place of birth.............
Marital status...........
Nationality.............
Address.............
Locality town).......
State of origin............
Local govt of origin...........
Phone no..........
Occupation.........
Mother's maiden name.......
Blood group.......
Facial mark.......
Glasses.....
Height.........
Any form of disability......
Next of kin phone number.........
Nationality of next of kin........

price remains 16k

PLS SPREAD D NEWS
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
.......................EASTER BONUS...................MMMMM

Very true my fellow NAIRALANDERS. Dis grace of applying and obtaining ur fresh driver's license within 24hrs is 4 real.

Dis offer last only bw now and thursday of dis week.

So hurry now as d new process continues from NEXT week. Maximize dis opportunity now.

24hrs process applies only for 16k .

Pls spread dis info as much as u can 2 help our fellow brothers and sisters.

Call or watsap NAT 4 more details on : 08030487887.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Lovelynature(m): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
lonelydora:

Depends on what you call a fresh. They must have paid money to bypass all the driving school and VIO stuffs. How much did they pay? Official price of DL is N6,350.00
Nawa for this country oo. So the official price for DL is N6,350.00, and most places charge about twice or thrice the official price. Lagos especially
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Lovelynature(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mrbigman1:

U paid 7,150
Hey Bigman, don't be stingycheesycheesycheesy

Must you calculate everything Remember he also paid to be transported to their office grin grin

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by lonelydora: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
Nawa for this country oo. So the official price for DL is N6,350.00, and most places charge about twice or thrice the official price. Lagos especially

Even Port Harcourt. If you refuse to go through them, they will frustrate you by telling you come today come tomorrow. It may take more than 2 months before you will be captured.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Lovelynature(m): 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
lonelydora:

Even Port Harcourt. If yourefuse to go through them, they will frustrate you by telling you come today come tomorrow. It may take more than 2 months before you will be captured.
Nawa oo. Nigeria has a long way to go. There are too much errors to correct in the country's system. But unfortunately, nobody cares. The elites are busy taking advantages of the masses

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
The holidays are over now, we r back to the new system of processing a driver license. big congrats to those who took advantage of the opportunity given!

capture is ongoing for those who sent their details to be downloaded within the time frame.

for those who didn't make it, you can still get your license but thru the new process of driving school training of 26days!

as always, i'm available to offer a stress-free application!

i'm only a call/whatsapp away!
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by oluwanoni: 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
I actually applied recently even though I paid 15k to bypass, because of the driving school cert, I still did test oo, in fact I brought my own car, did written test and interview before I was finally issued..

Although I had gone to a driving school when I was younger, I don't even remember the details and the guy warned that if I enter their (manual) motor (no auto available) and do rubbish, I will comeback after 2weeks.

I personally think drivers license should be issued in parts...I.e auto only, manual only or both.

Secondly they should try and have both transmissions available for candidates.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by osashilton: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
DL expired, went online yesterday(FRSC website), made payment online with my Mastercard, 6k and N350 commission.(N6350) , printed out the form with my validation number on it (very important as evidence of payment). Went to licencing and VIO office today. Got my form signed and stamped paid 500naira as requested by the man to sign and stamp. Made photocopies, submitted original and photocopy. Awaiting sms notification from FRSC soon. Pending that time, i will use the photocopy as my pass... that simple NOTE: renewal for expired DL
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2016
osashilton:
DL expired, went online yesterday(FRSC website), made payment online with my Mastercard, 6k and N350 commission.(N6350) , printed out the form with my validation number on it (very important as evidence of payment). Went to licencing and VIO office today. Got my form signed and stamped paid 500naira as requested by the man to sign and stamp. Made photocopies, submitted original and photocopy. Awaiting sms notification from FRSC soon. Pending that time, i will use the photocopy as my pass... that simple NOTE: renewal for expired DL

if u ve done all dat, why didnt u just get captured? and what SMS r u waiting for? u might ve to wait forever if u asked me.

go back for capture o!

just yesterday, somebody came to my center wt downloaded form n payment made. I just took it from him, went to confirm payment, took him to vio, and FRSC for capture immediately.

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by osashilton: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
There were a lot of pple on waiting line for capturing that day, went to FRSC office and was directed to go submit it at the licencing office. I was a Friday and I guess it was already closing time. I will go back there on Monday and request for capturing as u have said. Maybe the licencing officer tot I was applying for a new one Cos I didn't tell him I was renewing.
pattybf:

if u ve done all dat, why didnt u just get captured? and what SMS r u waiting for? u might ve to wait forever if u asked me.

go back for capture o!

just yesterday, somebody came to my center wt downloaded form n payment made. I just took it from him, went to confirm payment, took him to vio, and FRSC for capture immediately.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
osashilton:
There were a lot of pple on waiting line for capturing that day, went to FRSC office and was directed to go submit it at the licencing office. I was a Friday and I guess it was already closing time. I will go back there on Monday and request for capturing as u have said. Maybe the licencing officer tot I was applying for a new one Cos I didn't tell him I was renewing.

ok
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Alarib(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2016
pattybf:

i'm afraid u will ve to start d process all over again. u may want to contact me privately for other possible ideas!

Thankfully I didn't have to start over. I had to get a police report and court affidavit which reflected the stolen items....the temporary license inclusive, and I was given my original license within 3 minutes of presenting that.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
@ Alarib, that was all you needed to do. Hence you misplace your temporary driver's license, all you need is getting a police report and an affidavit for loss of temporary license and you get your permanent license.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Baboo13:
Please what's the official fee for a fresh license?

The official fee for either fresh or renewal of driver's license is #6350 but dis is excluding the vio testing fee and ofcourse, the driving school training fee in the case of a fresh applicant.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Baboo13(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2016
achalugonata:

The official fee for either fresh or renewal of driver's license is #6350 but dis is excluding the vio testing fee and ofcourse, the driving school training fee in the case of a fresh applicant.

Ohh okay

Thank you
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by melvin0004(m): 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
masonkz:
They should mostly enforce this on Danfo drivers anf even keke drivers.

The idiots don't care about traffic rules nor car signals. angry
u dnt hv to insult anybody,u cud end up 1 of dem tomorrow...... .
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sheddy03: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
bravolad:
A good development I must say, if it's not circumvented in due course. However, I think different states have different approach/ procedure to issuing DL. At the very least, if they stick to this approach across the country, in the long run; drivers who barely understand traffic rules & road signs as well as rules of driving will be weeded off the road.

I feel the acquisition of DL in Nigeria is fraught with lots of fraud by unscrupulous officers in the system.
I have been driving since 2000,and have had DL in the past. but when I went for this current DL, the money I was charged was inclusive of the driving school registration & certificate. though, I did not have to attend the driving school or wait for 26days. I got my DL in less than one week. this is how we do it in Abuja.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
sheddy03:

I have been driving since 2000,and have had DL in the past. but when I went for this current DL, the money I was charged was inclusive of the driving school registration & certificate. though, I did not have to attend the driving school or wait for 26days. I got my DL in less than one week. this is how we do it in Abuja.

hmmm!
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:10pm On May 16, 2016
sheddy03:

Hi.. I'm also in Abuja. I was taught how to drive by my friend and I drive manual and automatic very well. I wish to get a driver's license now,how do I by-pass this driving school certificate wahala and all that...and how much did you spend or rather, will I have to spend to obtain mine here in Abuja and which of their offices did you process/obtain yours?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by erico2k2(m): 12:36am On May 18, 2016
redcliff:
I think its a very good development. Atleast let things be done right in the country for once...
thats if they dont spoil it with kwarruption which is fantastic grin grin
Also they should increase the expiry date on it, that one they have now is pure fraud, it should be at least 10 years.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by malosky79(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
pattybf:

there is no fixed fee for this but we managed to negotiate wt some driving schools n d fee thru us is 30k, this includes both for driving school n applying n getting d driver license.

You speaks authoritatively,where do you work sa/ma
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
malosky79:

You speaks authoritatively,where do you work sa/ma

i'm in Lagos, surulere precisely!

i'm at ur service, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) / 2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.