Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New FRSC Rule On Drivers License (54059 Views)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / FRSC Gives Reasons For Drivers License Issuance Problems / National Drivers License Now Valid For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by NemzySeries(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
old news since Jonathan's Govt

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by wellmax(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
A friend went to apply for a drivers license on Tuesday and he came back to narrate his shocking findings. He said he was told the process has recently changed.. That he has to register with a certified driving school and get training for 26days, after which he will be sent a certificate from Abuja to print out and then he can come back with it to apply for a driver license.

My friend and I are surprised at this. So I was wondering if any of you guys already know this or is someone speaking Latin?

Its not new. That has always been the practice, but trust Nigerians, we have consistently shortchange the process. The official I met said "N6,500 for license, then you bring your Driving School Cert, bla bla bla, but if you can pay one of my boys N12,000.00, we will help you sort that out". I didn't want to pay him, but after think about the troubles, I had to.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Seunolad1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
My own 26 days is counting precently.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Eyop:

Bariga in Lagos.
Please can u send me the address. i need it urgently
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Is 14k at otta
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
i cant pay more dan 7k
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by stagger: 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
A friend went to apply for a drivers license on Tuesday and he came back to narrate his shocking findings. He said he was told the process has recently changed.. That he has to register with a certified driving school and get training for 26days, after which he will be sent a certificate from Abuja to print out and then he can come back with it to apply for a driver license.

My friend and I are surprised at this. So I was wondering if any of you guys already know this or is someone speaking Latin?

This has been the practice since 2012. Is your friend living in this country?

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Baboo13(m): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
But when I went to the state internal revenue service office, I was told fresh application is 17k and renewal 10k
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by iyerikan12: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yes it is true but no need of traveling to Abuja, bcoz each state has their own approved driving school.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Eyop: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
sam4:
Please can u send me the address. i need it urgently

BIR Office, After Bariga Bridge. There's a filling station opposite it.

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Baboo13:
But when I went to the state internal revenue service office, I was told fresh application is 17k and renewal 10k
Dont mind them they are bunch of thieves. We must expose them
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
Eyop:

God bless you
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by melroseeddy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
A wlc development. Tanks to frsc. Sum don't even know what it entails to b a safe driver,sum don't even know road safety signs not to mention those things that they ought to check for before,when on d Rd and when u get to ur destination. Do u know dat sum where taught how to drive by their friends,boyfriend,husband or daddy's driver without teaching dem d basic rules and regulations of road transportation dat will guild a driver on d Rd. Frsc also need to introduce alcohol/drug test device on drivers to know who z driving under d influence of alcohol or drugs n such drivers shud b penalized if possible their driver license shud b withdrawn from dem for a period of time.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Eyop:

When did u apply for urs?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Eyop: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
sam4:
When did u apply for urs?

I did the 1st on the 03/04/2013 which expired on the 31st January. The 2nd one last week but i made the payment online instead of the Bank this time.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by princeattah1: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
NA
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by mikedimeji(m): 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Fogman:

Era of change
It has been like that for the past 3 years, I submitted my driving school certificate as part of the requirements for acquiring a Licence
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by onyxo76(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
the rule applies to a fresh applicant, but the time spent at a driving school is what i'm not sure about.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by losak9111(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

sorry bro not directly from Abuja, after ur 26 days of assessment the certificate will be generated directly from ur driving School portal and he will print it out for u with code
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by nevilbot: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
If this is true then I support it whole soul. I know quite a few people who got license without even knowing the difference BTW a gear and hand break. Here in Deutschland wia I am based, without a driving school cert u can't get a licence and that is even after u pass both the written and practical exams.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Etizz: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
What about renewal??
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
Alarib:

Good day patty. Do you have any info on how I can get my permanent drivers license being that my wallet which contained the temporary license and all my ID cards was stolen.

the case is difficult, except u have a copy of d license!
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Eyop:

I did the 1st on the 03/04/2013 which expired on the 31st January. The 2nd one last week but i made the payment online instead of the Bank this time.
The site pls
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Fogman(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
mikedimeji:

It has been like that for the past 3 years, I submitted my driving school certificate as part of the requirements for acquiring a Licence

Never new such procedure existed. But most peeps i know got theirs without going through this procedure.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by oseiwe(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

d best way out, is to look for d nearest driving sch, get d cert, then go and apply, d new rule is dat u must present dat cert but u can process a DL.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by lilyijitola(f): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
yea heard it has changed cause of the incident that happened recently on the late minister ocholi and his family (regarding the driver who was not having an authentic drivers licence) from one or two investigations some rules had to be changed.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Eyop: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
sam4:
The site pls

visit the site www.nigeriadriverslicence.org, then proceed to DL application. I believe you can handle the rest yourself.

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Baboo13(m): 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
sam4:
Dont mind them they are bunch of thieves. We must expose them

Lol different figures

I think the unofficial the extra money they add on the 6k5 is relative from place to place
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sam4(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
Eyop:

visit the site www.nigeriadriverslicence.org, then proceed to DL application. I believe you can handle the rest yourself.
Yes thank you so much God bless you
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Eyop: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
sam4:
Yes thank you so much God bless you

You welcome & Amen
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Baboo13(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Please what's the official fee for a fresh license?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by barcaboi(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
Fogman:

Era of change
if it'll reduce madmen on d road...den it's welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) / 2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.