Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,674 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

My Marriage Is Crashing Already - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Crashing Already (3676 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Is Crashing Already by swetkay: 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart. I hv dated this guy for 3yrs he is 39yrs. Our dating years has been filled with ups nd down but wat we shared was strong so after each fight we still made up. He cheats on me am aware he is aware. This was his only flaws i fought it but it was clear to me i cld not win the fight nd i gave up . He wants the best for me nd gives me the best too. Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me. He has paid my bride price nd our wedding is in one week. I moved i just last week nd since then it has been one fights to another. Am getting sick nd tired already every one thinks am happy but am not. Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight. I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding. I keep telling myself he is scared of commitment and will relax later on as u know everyone gets this cold feet b4 marriage. I need experienced suggestions on how to deal with this. Am tired of crying à
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by ladyF(f): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Mskrisx(f): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay, nne can I advise u or rather can make a suggestion? Telling u to Call of that wedding might sound ridiculous but in my opinion that should have been the best. Anyway, make sure u talk to people or someone he respects to sought this out now that it's early or the gods forbid the end of that marriage u might not be opportuned to see. My dear it's a difficult one I tell u but look at it this way u have not started anything and he is acting up like this and did I just read u know he cheats and u still want to be his Mrs? Chai love is strong o! Dear so if God decides to bless u with more 80 years on earth,u are trying to tell me u will gladly live it with someone who makes u feel miserable?

My dear they say marriage isn't a bed of roses and it's hard work. OK I agree with that only if the second person is going to promise not to make u feel the impact of the thorn so much. I just finished commenting on a thread where the lady in question died as a result of domestic violence but what can I say Rip to her.

swetkay like many people would come here to say ...pray and calmly have a calm conversation with him in a calm atmosphere.

But remember
Heaven helps those who are really to stand up to their fears.

Finally the decision is all your as "it's you who is wearing the shoes that knows how and where it pinches".

5 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by DickDastardly(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lets wait for the zombies ..... they destroyed the economy ..... and we cant guarantee its not behing your guy's behaviour.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by layla129(f): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
He told you bluntly that he gets angry anytime he sees you and you still think that relationship is worth keeping? My sister, call it off...even if the wedding is tomorrow. Dnt even know why you waited till now

5 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
14 years difference and he's treating you like this

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by opeaceo: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
No experienced suggestion is needed here, common sense would do. Call off the wedding.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by MRBrownJ: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
@swetkay
how do you expect your union to prosper and be strong when the foundations are crooked?! there are fight, there are cheating, and yet you still believed that you could ever be "happy ever after" with such demon?! he doesnt even "like" your sight and you are still there pretending that all is well.... oh lawd! how DESPERATE are you to get married? you should be running from this devil of a man.

well as you wrote that you cant quit or call off this nightmare wedding, so i will be looking forward to reading your obituary in the papers, as death is the only other way out of this horror movie.

8 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by realtalk19: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay:
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart. I hv dated this guy for 3yrs he is 39yrs. Our dating years has been filled with ups nd down but wat we shared was strong so after each fight we still made up. He cheats on me am aware he is aware. This was his only flaws i fought it but it was clear to me i cld not win the fight nd i gave up . He wants the best for me nd gives me the best too. Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me. He has paid my bride price nd our wedding is in one week. I moved i just last week nd since then it has been one fights to another. Am getting sick nd tired already every one thinks am happy but am not. Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight. I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding. I keep telling myself he is scared of commitment and will relax later on as u know everyone gets this cold feet b4 marriage. I need experienced suggestions on how to deal with this. Am tired of crying à

call off the damn wedding before you end up regretting.

ur emotions are messing wit your mind and its very risky.
u will be fine. u deserve to be well treated and happy. dont satisfy the world to make yourself uncomfortable coz the world doznt relly care wat happens to u after.
all the best

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by edobor108(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
ya keep up with the relationship he will change 4 better,be prayerful and don't call of the wedding u hear?nonsense since u want to kill urself let me help u to make it faster

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay:
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart

I highly doubt this @bolded undecided

9 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by suwalee(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay:
lady to start with did u nd ur guy attend marriage counseling class?if u did at dis stage u don't need ppl to tell u d steps to take serz I tink he's stressed nd he needs counseling or a psychologist to test him I'm jst sayin o

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by fulfillbill(m): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
He definitely has money...

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by peacengine(m): 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay:

If answering "Mrs " is more important than your wellbeing, go ahead with the wedding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Pennsylvania: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
swetkay:

You said things are changing, how are things changing, where did you guys miss it? You are even aware he cheats on you yet you're not really bothered? I'll advice you don't go ahead with the wedding plans, be very sure of what you're signing up for, especially when physical abuse/domestic violence is involved.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Flexherbal(m): 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
See a counsellor.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by sweetilicious(f): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
You are being abused emotionally at this stage and you care to move on with him? Some people don't have any use for themselves. Always thinking about wedding day and not how their guy treats them. You don't know what or have plans of what you want. You are lost. Please come back to your senses and treat yourself well. You are still 25 gosh. Get a life first. Your suffer never start. Crying till when?

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Miami11: 11:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Call off that wedding, to avoid all those touching gory stories you will be posting after the wedding

The signs are written on the wall, you know he is a serial cheat and you are ready to say I do with him,

He abuses you, you are still there, poster what is wrong with you?

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Richy4(m): 12:22am On Mar 19, 2016
KEY POINTS

>>>>>>We have been dating for 3yrs
>>>>>> He "loves" me
>>>>>>He is caring but He cheats on me and it is incurable
>>>>>>He can't stand me any more... he gets angry each time he sees me
>>>>>>I want to go ahead with the marriage because he has paid my bride price, even though I knew he can't stop cheating
>>>>>>I cannot call off the wedding because of what the society will say..... I rather die than face the shame

Humble Advice

If you want to die before you clock 30 please go ahead with the marriage

Do I need to remind you that you have to be alive before you answer MRS....
these are the things that awaits a girl like u that decides to marry a cheat
<<<High blood pressure
<<<HIV/ STIs
<<<More fighting
<<<Be prepared to be the one to take care of your children yourself because the mistresses will not let him have a breathing space

If you thing you can handle all these, I wish u the best of luck dear and a fun filled wedlock

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 19, 2016
The Guy got so much cash.

After 3years of dating, u can't stand. .. .. nawaooo.

People date for 6months and find happiness.
It is not about the CONTAINER rather it's about the CONTENT.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by byvan03: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2016
25years, yet so desperate!! It will only get worse, common what exactly drives you bonkers about this evil aged man? Call off that wedding, go ahead and that will be the worst mistake of your life. You are forcing this marriage, seems he got lots of cash undecided. The cold feet thing before marriage is a lie for those that are sure of what they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by olagbemi118(m): 6:56am On Mar 19, 2016
swetkay:
lemme tell u the truth, 14 years is between you both and it is kinda difficult for u to look at him in the eyes and talk to him. Truth though. But what exactly do you expect from him when you chose to marry a cheat?
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 19, 2016
Same thing happened to me a week to my wedding. My hubby would see me and hiss. He got angry @ every thing I did or said. It wasn't easy for me. .... I felt like calling off my wedding. My dear take it easy He's just under pressure. Wedding preparation and all that. Just be calm and prayerful... God will perfect your wedding and marriage.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by GodnGold: 8:11am On Mar 19, 2016
opeaceo:
No experienced suggestion is needed here, common sense would do. Call off the wedding.
The good Lord spoke through you.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by blessedtwins: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=swetkay post=43896436] He cheats on me .
Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me.
Am getting sick nd tired already .
Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight.
I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding.[/quote
Bar the warning signs are staring at u and u dare contemplate leaving......Receive sense
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2016
swetkay:
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart

I hv dated this guy for 3yrs he is 39yrs. Our dating years has been filled with ups nd down but wat we shared was strong so after each fight we still made up.

He cheats on me am aware he is aware. This was his only flaws i fought it but it was clear to me i cld not win the fight nd i gave up .

He wants the best for me nd gives me the best too.

Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me.

He has paid my bride price nd our wedding is in one week. I moved i just last week nd since then it has been one fights to another. Am getting sick nd tired already every one thinks am happy but am not. Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight.

I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding.

I keep telling myself he is scared of commitment and will relax later on as u know everyone gets this cold feet b4 marriage. I need experienced suggestions on how to deal with this. Am tired of crying à

advise yourself pls.
The answers are in the post

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Eketem: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2016
Who told you that you are married?

You claim to be smart yet you have seen the clear signs and you can't use your legs and run away you are asking what to do.

You are not even serious

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Richy4(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2016
ramuona:
Same thing happened to me a week to my wedding. My hubby would see me and hiss. He got angry @ every thing I did or said. It wasn't easy for me. .... I felt like calling off my wedding. My dear take it easy He's just under pressure. Wedding preparation and all that. Just be calm and prayerful... God will perfect your wedding and marriage.

You misunderstood the whole thing madam..... The OP's guy cheats on her....getting angry with your spouse is different from an incurable cheat....Your husband's anger is a passing phase due to pressure and much expenses during the marriage.... The guy cheating on OP is a continuous act that has been going on before the mention of wedding and the OP knows she can't stop him

I guess yours is quite different..... But if it was the same, maybe you need to give her the tips on how you were surviving because she is desperate to have a ring on her finger

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by YourCoffin: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2016
After telling us that you're beautiful and smart, you forgot to mention that the guy is rich and rich. Hmm! I think that's the only evidence that you're really smart

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2016
Let him know you don't like the way he is treating you then postpone the wedding if he continues to dish crappy treatment you know you should not marry such a man and his only flaw is a major flaw I wonder why you feel it's ok to put up with that and win him as a husband well you've won do you like your prize. If NO you know what to do.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by ogawisdom(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm jst talk to him abt your worries and postpone the wedding by 6months to see if things will improve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately / Contact Of Some Companies Offering Professional House Cleaning Services In Lagos / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.