Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

My Marriage Is Crashing Already - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Crashing Already (3675 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by InformedLola(f): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2016
swetkay:
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart. I hv dated this guy for 3yrs he is 39yrs. Our dating years has been filled with ups nd down but wat we shared was strong so after each fight we still made up. He cheats on me am aware he is aware. This was his only flaws i fought it but it was clear to me i cld not win the fight nd i gave up . He wants the best for me nd gives me the best too. Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me. He has paid my bride price nd our wedding is in one week. I moved i just last week nd since then it has been one fights to another. Am getting sick nd tired already every one thinks am happy but am not. Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight. I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding. I keep telling myself he is scared of commitment and will relax later on as u know everyone gets this cold feet b4 marriage. I need experienced suggestions on how to deal with this. Am tired of crying à

I just have a question...why move in before the wedding? Please move out. I know calling off the wedding will be a tough decision, don't mind many of those in here talking like if they were in your shoes they would find it easy to do. Think it through and consult a marriage counsellor for advice, because it can go either way.

The only advice I can give you now is to move out and give him some space.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by yetseyi(f): 11:46am On Mar 19, 2016
You said cheating is his only flaw and he is aware you are aware of his cheating? You just mentioned cheating as if its one minor habit.

I dont think this one is cold feet.

If its just that he gets angry when he sees you I would have said pray.

I think you should move out and at least postpone the wedding to see if there's anyway things can be sorted out.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Rimamsirufun(m): 11:57am On Mar 19, 2016
swetkay:
I need ur advice. Am 25yrs Lady beautiful nd smart. I hv dated this guy for 3yrs he is 39yrs. Our dating years has been filled with ups nd down but wat we shared was strong so after each fight we still made up. He cheats on me am aware he is aware. This was his only flaws i fought it but it was clear to me i cld not win the fight nd i gave up . He wants the best for me nd gives me the best too. Now things are changing some that used to love me cant stand me anymore he even said he now gets angry wen ever he sees me. He has paid my bride price nd our wedding is in one week. I moved i just last week nd since then it has been one fights to another. Am getting sick nd tired already every one thinks am happy but am not. Am not free to talk or chat with him anymore coz am sure it will end in a fight. I cant quit coz i cant face calling off the wedding. I keep telling myself he is scared of commitment and will relax later on as u know everyone gets this cold feet b4 marriage. I need experienced suggestions on how to deal with this. Am tired of crying à

It's better you leave that relationship. Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. And from the look of things you are already enduring the relationship. #Thinktwice #JESUS_SAVES
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Richy4:

You misunderstood the whole thing madam..... The OP's guy cheats on her....getting angry with your spouse is different from an incurable cheat....Your husband's anger is a passing phase due to pressure and much expenses during the marriage.... The guy cheating on OP is a continuous act that has been going on before the mention of wedding and the OP knows she can't stop him

I guess yours is quite different..... But if it was the same, maybe you need to give her the tips on how you were surviving because she is desperate to have a ring on her finger

No no no... He wasn't cheating... I didn't read everything.. My beautiful daughter couldn't allow me read all. 'Cheating' that's very serious. I'm a very jealous wife. Quite unacceptable. Please swetkay.. U may seek advice from your marriage counsellor. U guys went for marriage course I guess. Good luck.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by hanubarbie(f): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
Desperation to answer "mrs" mixed with low self esteem...kwontinu!!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Richy4(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
InformedLola:

I just have a question...why move in before the wedding? Please move out. I know calling off the wedding will be a tough decision, don't mind many of those in here talking like if they were in your shoes they would find it easy to do. Think it through and consult a marriage counsellor for advice, because it can go either way.

The only advice I can give you now is to move out and give him some space.

I did not mean to quote you, but you sound like a lady that can tolerate a man with incurable cheating habit....

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Eiyaaah. . . Poor you!

I blame your parents for raising someone with such low self esteem.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Angelberry:
14 years difference and he's treating you like this
yea, and you would think with the age gap and everything, he would be pampering her and all that but no, it's quite unfortunate.
Op 25 is still young though, if you can wait, give yourself some time to heal and clear your head before you know what you are doing. you can start by postponing the wedding, I know it's hard I'm sorry.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
byvan03:
25years, yet so desperate!! It will only get worse, common what exactly drives you bonkers about this evil aged man? Call off that wedding, go ahead and that will be the worst mistake of your life. You are forcing this marriage, seems he got lots of cash undecided. The cold feet thing before marriage is a lie for those that are sure of what they are doing.

Babes,

Not seems...

The guy is over loaded and might be good in bed.

But that money sure pa!

Or she lived an extremely rough life earlier and is scared that after this man, no one else.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by bukatyne(f): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ujoan:
Eiyaaah. . . Poor you!

I blame your parents for raising someone with such low self esteem.

The parents might have tried but it did not enter. angry
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by diva90: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
I don't understand your heading, you haven't entered the marriage yet and you are already crying that it is crashing. It's not too late to call it off but as a woman I understand your plight considering that the timeline is so close and all plans and arrangements have been made, invitations sent out, your friends don buy your aso ebi and money spent etc... Tough one! But ask yourself if you can manage what is ahead... Talk to someone who is experienced(married for long and elderly) so that they can give you a truthful insight/opinion and then based on that, weigh your options. My dear what you are Seeing now will be worse after marriage, so if you are miserable now, you will be even more miserable in the few months to come. Hopefully you get the strength you need to walk away and not settle for less. Good luck!
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by diva90: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2016
ramuona:
Same thing happened to me a week to my wedding. My hubby would see me and hiss. He got angry @ every thing I did or said. It wasn't easy for me. .... I felt like calling off my wedding. My dear take it easy He's just under pressure. Wedding preparation and all that. Just be calm and prayerful... God will perfect your wedding and marriage.

You are right, sometimes it's the stress of the wedding preparations and all the pressure being faced. Prior to my wedding it wasn't easy too, I and my husband were both cranky and stressed but then it's just a stage that will be overcomed. This could be part of the problem that her guy is having but then what about the other red flags of cheating etc. the only issue with leaving this man now is, finding someone else. What's the guarantee that the next man will be better? Most men these days cheat, so we can't say the next man won't cheat. He's not beating her or physically abusing her... So idk... it's something she really needs to think out before calling off the wedding, she knows the guy well enough to know if this is just a phase of stress that he is going through. If he wasn't like this month's before marriage preparations then it's most likely stress.
Don't be in a rush to call it off before seeking proper advice from a counsellor or experienced married person as I had suggested in my other post and NB: most of the people here telling you to call it off wouldn't have done so if they were in your shoes. Don't let people mislead you, you should be the primary decider since you know this man better than we do.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by ireneidiva(f): 2:03am On Mar 20, 2016
diva90:

You are right, sometimes it's the stress of the wedding preparations and all the pressure being faced. Prior to my wedding it wasn't easy too, I and my husband were both cranky and stressed but then it's just a stage that will be overcomed. This could be part of the problem that her guy is having but then what about the other red flags of cheating etc. the only issue with leaving this man now is, finding someone else. What's the guarantee that the next man will be better? Most men these days cheat, so we can't say the next man won't cheat. He's not beating her or physically abusing her... So idk... it's something she really needs to think out before calling off the wedding, she knows the guy well enough to know if this is just a phase of stress that he is going through. If he wasn't like this month's before marriage preparations then it's most likely stress.
Don't be in a rush to call it off before seeking proper advice from a counsellor or experienced married person as I had suggested in my other post and NB: most of the people here telling you to call it off wouldn't have done so if they were in your shoes. Don't let people mislead you, you should be the primary decider since you know this man better than we do.
She should marry an unrepentant cheat? Fear God o. The kind of nonsense advice you guys give here. Not all men cheat! The next man could be way better. Mtchew. Op you better run and ignore these advices from the pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Hi People,

The OP says bride price has been paid, meaning she is married already. I noticed most were advising her to leave the relationship, that's why I'm making this clarification.

Cheers.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by sisisioge: 6:34am On Mar 20, 2016
Baby, u are 25yrs...plenty of time to meet your desires. And thank God, you need not go through the rigmarole of telling a court to separate you...just return the bride price. By the way, don't wait until a day before the wedding before doing the needful, that will be hurtful for other stakeholders.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 20, 2016
My advice is that you should leave before it's too late, in that you can clearly see the signs. If he isn't contented being with you, he will continue to look elsewhere and your own life might be in danger health wise. It takes the grace and mercy of God for a man or lady to be faithful to their partners in a relationship. I would also advice you speak to someone elderly but most importantly pray despite the time limits. May God's mercy lead you to make the right choice.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2016
I know no matter what anyone here says, you will go ahead with the wedding. Just make sure you are ready for what comes after. Stress and trouble. Fasting and prayer.i hope he doesn't start beating you, it is well. Good luck.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by jashar(f): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
are you sure you're 25, beautiful and smart?

He's a cheat and you know it yet you want to marry him? Don't you value your life?

You berra return the bride price with change sef...
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by jashar(f): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
ireneidiva:

She should marry an unrepentant cheat? Fear God o. The kind of nonsense advice you guys give here. Not all men cheat! The next man could be way better. Mtchew. Op you better run and ignore these advices from the pit of hell.

you're blessed. It aches my heart when I see ladies settle for less.

So fear of the unknown should keep her in the destructive relationship... kai.

It's true. She should fear God
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by byvan03: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Babes,

Not seems...

The guy is over loaded and might be good in bed.

But that money sure pa!

Or she lived an extremely rough life earlier and is scared that after this man, no one else.

I was banned by spam bot so couldn't respond earlier. Extremely rough life @ 25 only? lipsrsealed. I feel the money is the main blinder here, she should prepare to open more pathetic threads in future. I wonder if she thinks that walking away in future will be easier than doing it now.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing Already by bukatyne(f): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
byvan03:

I was banned by spam bot so couldn't respond earlier. Extremely rough life @ 25 only? lipsrsealed. I feel the money is the main blinder here, she should prepare to open more pathetic threads in future. I wonder if she thinks that walking away in future will be easier than doing it now.

Never say never.

Well I think she is getting prepared for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately / I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed / Contact Of Some Companies Offering Professional House Cleaning Services In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.