Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed (3670 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by nkeiru2005: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2010
i had my traditional marriage Dec 2009, will be having my white wedding dis yr but d problem is dat, i am a catholic, my parents are catholic, and my husband parents are catholic but my husband is redeemed.

now d problem now d both parents said d church blessing (wedding) must 2 be in d catholic church but my husband said over his dead body, who do i support my husband or our parents.

pls help me out i am confessed.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by amebono1: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
nkeiru2005:

i had my traditional marriage Dec 2009, will be having my white wedding dis yr but d problem is dat, i am a catholic, my parents are catholic, and my husband parents are catholic but my husband is redeemed.

now d problem now d both parents said d church blessing (wedding) must 2 be in d catholic church but my husband said over his dead body, w[b]ho do i support my husband or our parents.
[/b]
pls help me out i am confessed.

You've just asked a silly question

Better remain confessed like you said

1 Like

Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by afrobaby(f): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
@nkiru, I think the best thing is to try to convince ur husband, if u cant convince him now, when can u, he is ur husband, the main fact is this, wedding day is for the parents, its ur parent that are giving ur hand in marriage, hence u av to use dia church except u are able to convince them but really its their pride, convince ur husband, its just for a day
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Pampers: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2010
U just havd to convince the guy not to be selfish.he can make anykind of orders after d wedin, that day is d pride of ur parents.HONOUR THEM
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
Tell the man to chill and just have the wedding or tell your parents, it is your day and you shd be able to chose where you wanna tie the knot, else, just got o court jare and tie the knot there
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Tell the man to chill and just have the wedding or tell your parents, it is your day and you shd be able to chose where you wanna tie the knot, else, just got o court jare and tie the knot there
Exactly. Go to a registry and have a reception party afterwards. That way you don't have to choose between your would be hubby or both parents.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
tkjoke:

Exactly. Go to a registry and have a reception party afterwards. That way you don't have to choose between your would be hubby or both parents.

Yes oh, and whichever of the party now that reject that, you will know, the person is enemy number 1.
No need to stress herself
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by ybab: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
which kind of husband is that?

you are yet to say ' i do' and he is already proving to be very stubborn.

sad !
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by KennyG6(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
poster, did u people not court? did u not discuss this issue before going agreeing to get married? It appears the two of you are irresponsible and are not prepared for this union yet! As has been mentioned the wedding is 4 the parents and the guy has no choice but to wed wherever they choose, he can however ask for his church to conduct a service at a latter date just to bless the union but as for the main day he has no choice in the matter
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Poster,when u started dating this Redeemed boy,what where u thinking?
when your catholic parents were collecting the Redeemed mans bride price,what were they thinking?
Seriously,everything your wedding day,every vital decision shld be taken by just you and your husband,dont let your parents or anyone interfere or spoil your marriage ever b4 it began . . . . but however,your husband and u can reach a compromise,have the wedding at a Redeemed church and hold the thanksgiving in a catholic church  undecided
Quick question for toi,after the wedding,wud u become 'Redeemed', 'Confessed" or 'Catholic" ?  cheesy
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by beingme(f): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2010
is dat family dispute or church/family dispute? u want to marry him and ur family is coming in between? BEWARE !
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Godmother(f): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
afrobaby:

@nkiru, I think the best thing is to try to convince your husband, if u cant convince him now, when can u, he is your husband, the main fact is this, wedding day is for the parents, its your parent that are giving your hand in marriage, hence u av to use dia church except u are able to convince them but really its their pride, convince your husband, its just for a day

Exactly.Its just a one-day affair. Let him try to compromise for the happiness and peace of everyone involved
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by cicero(m): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2010
You and your fiance should have ironed this out even before the trad wed. However, all is not lost but you need to apply wisdom.
Definitely you need both parents consent, very important! So I suggest to you that while you guys are praying about it, persuade both parents, I don't mean shouting and arguing, but gently letting them know how important it is to both of you that you are allowed to wed in a church of your choice (I assume you are fully with your man on this).
Start with your siblings to the mothers then up to the fathers. It might take a little time, require patience but it will work.
Also involve them in the wedding plans, this will arouse excitement and expectation and gradually weaken their resistance.
I wish you all the best
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Hotstepper(f): 2:26am On Jan 31, 2010
The wedding is done at the church of the man, since the man and his parents r not attending the same church, the man should try and compromise, afterall, he was once attending Roman Catholic, he should just let the wedding happen in the Catholic church and after, couple will continue at their own heart desired church
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by olabukola: 2:41am On Jan 31, 2010
So if my parents and the parents of my wife don't go to any church as in pagans then i will wed in their shrine.

I decide i where i will wed period. i did not decide for them.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by 4watever: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2010
h
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by amebono1: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2010
Hotstepper:

The wedding is done at the church of the man, since the man and his parents r not attending the same church, the man should try and compromise, afterall, he was once attending Roman Catholic, he should just let the wedding happen in the Catholic church and after, couple will continue at their own heart desired church

I know of a couple that the same thing happened, both parents were Anglicans and da couple were going to Pentecostal. The wedding was done in an Anglican church and they continued worshiping at their own desired church

Not always true, different state with different culture or decisions, some people do it in the girls church cos the man is marrying her and taking her away from her father thAT DAY
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by frank317: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2010
@ poster, i believe the man has the final say on this, if i were him i wont evn discuss it. He is not a catholic period. I dont undastand why both parents are makin a big deal out of it. The weddin is his & urs and both parents shuld just show support instead of putin sand sand into the gari. What do they stand 2 gain if the marrige is done in catholic? Isnt ur husband matured enuf 2 say what he wants? Havnt both parents done thier own weddins peacefully?Why shuld a man who attends redeemed wed in catholic church? If both parents were pagans wil they force him 2 wed in d shrine? Nonsense.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Qiana(f): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
@frank exactly
watz d parents bizness would dey be deciding 4 dem after dey've gotten married
MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by deluxecad(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2010
I think d man has a right to decide where his wedding holds, parents shouldn't hav so much power to wield. U two r christians and u can decide 2 exchange ur marital vows on any christian altar. Talk it over wit ur hubby, approach d pastor of ur husband, he can help a lot anyways, make him understand ur parents' demands. That's enough.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by lannre(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2010
Religion ! and no Unity who are we worshiping? Muslim,Xtian , I know most so call believer are sycophants . Pray that God take every control Marriage transcend beyond venue.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by SoJaded: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
lannre:

Religion ! and no Unity who are we worshiping? Muslim,Xtian , I know most so call believer are sycophants . Pray that God take every control Marriage transcend beyond venue.
It's not about the venue but the person blessing the union and ur relationship with God is not a subject for compromise
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Sissy3(f): 5:50am On Feb 02, 2010
as others have already pointed out, this particular issue should have been settled out before even setting the wedding date. you dont get into this type of messy situation and expect a quick fix.

your husband is not a catholic, you are not marrying your parents or inlaws or going to live with them either are they going to live your married for you.

i dont really see the reason why your husband should be forced to wed in the catholic church while he has own church.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by OgidiBoy(m): 5:56am On Feb 02, 2010
Maybe someone can answer this question, are redeemed not Christians ? whats wrong with a redeemed person getting married in a Catholic church. undecided
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Sissy3(f): 6:02am On Feb 02, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Maybe someone can answer this question, are redeemed not Christians ? whats wrong with a redeemed person getting married in a Catholic church. undecided

they are all christians. you should have asked what's wrong with a catholic getting married in the redeemed church?

why cant the parents allow the man to make the choice of where he and his new family would serve their God?

if her parents were so concerned about the place of worship, why didnt they object the courtship/traditional marriage from the start?
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Ivynwa(f): 11:46pm On May 06, 2011
Sweetheart, you are lucky that he knows the way that leads to the church. What will your parent say if he wants the wedding done in a place that does not even know the name of the Lord (you know what I mean). Lovingly but firmly tell your parents to let you and (the man that paid your bride price) live your life.
Don't let that bother you dear. Worshipping in pentecostals like Redeem is a wonderful experience just like it is in Catholic church, I roll with the two and believe me I am having fun with God.
I gravitate more to any religious gathering that gives me the freedom to worship, lift holy hands , bless the Lord unashamedly and if you add sweet inspiring songs that connects me to God real good then imma return the next day for another praise and worship session.
Do you think that God worries and bothers whether you worship him from a catholic or from a pentecostal church ? Mttcheew, just give him some sweet praises and worship, communicate with him from the depth of your heart in spirit and in truth and Baba God is chilling and smiling.
grin grin kiss kiss kiss
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by iv4real(f): 12:53pm On May 07, 2011
What were you guys discussing when you were dating. This is not supposed to be an issue, you have already done tradtional marriage and both of you never discuused where you will do your church wedding? Are you getting married to your parents or his parents? Continue listening to people that have lived their lives. Its too late to start being confused, this is something you would have sorted out when courting. Go and marry in the mans church and have a peaceful marriage.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by initiate: 10:46am On May 11, 2011
you could have a ceremonial wedding in the catholic church to satisfay your parents and then go for blessings in redeemed afterwords.

it is better that the marriage is on a good footing acceptable to both partners, if not the guy would not feel totally connected to you on the long run
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by breathless(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2011
@ poster, dis issues shld av been resolved/settled before now so as to know where things are goin. Lord av mercy. When xtian disagree over where to solemnize their marriage, we preach not d teachings of the Bible.
Pls I encourage all intending couples preparing 4 their wedding to sort out issues among themselves and stop running here for answers or solutions that may not help.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Digriz(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2011
initiate:

you could have a ceremonial wedding in the catholic church to satisfay your parents and then go for blessings in redeemed afterwords.

it is better that the marriage is on a good footing acceptable to both partners, if not the guy would not feel totally connected to you on the long run
your name is no different frm wat u've done becus i dnt see any reason for bringing bk ths old thread,are u still advicing people that hv already wedded where to hv their wedding?
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 12, 2011
It looks to me like you guys are married already well imo traditional wedding qualifies as " the wedding" and u did say church blessing so u need to be wit your hubby on this and not his parents, your parents. Aftreall the church is just blessing the wedding cos you are xtians and u mentioned u are catholic do you plan to go to catholic church after the church blessing cos already your husband insists you must be blessed in his church so better resolve to saying i and my husband attend redeemed church that way the confusion is over.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Born A Complete White Baby Boy-photo / Funny Memes On Oshiomole / House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.