Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) (3713 Views)

How I Bleeped My Neighbors Wife Yesterday.. / My Gf Calls Me "Handsome", Am I Really Handsome? (hot Pics) / My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by okomogo(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
I've been living in my little apartment for about 8 months now quietly until a new tenant moved into the selfCon beside mine,She is a single mother and her daughter is about 3years. She has a boyfriend and I am a a serious relationship as well, so we know and respect our boundaries. But the issue we have not been able to trash is that of the daughter calling me daddy, even after several attempt to stop her. She has become so attached to me that she doesn't even want to be with her mum. The mother's boyfriend is always around and the funny thing is that she calls him brother,even though they are close. Even at night she will wake up and start calling daddy, she will even cry and disturb everyone except I come to carry her to my room. I'm not comfortable with the trend, I love kids but this is going rather too far. I feel she may develop natural fatherly love for me if something is not done ASAP. Please advise

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by ladyF(f): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by uzoormah(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Op are u sure that you are not her daddy?? #JUSTKIDDING

how often do you visit them?

has she caught you and her mum in any "mummy and daddy" position?

dnt allow it bother you.. she is just a kid!

8 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Synzu(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Where d Bleep are the goddam picxs?? angry

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by sholikay(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
nawaooo..endtime daddy..endtime child op na one chance u enter so.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
Are u sure u didnt.....

#just pasisng by sha grin grin
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by KIDpretty(m): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
okomogo:
I've been living in my little apartment for about 8 months now quietly until a new tenant moved into the selfCon beside mine,She is a single mother and her daughter is about 3years. She has a boyfriend and I am a a serious relationship as well, so we know and respect our boundaries. But the issue we have not been able to trash is that of the daughter calling me daddy, even after several attempt to stop her. She has become so attached to me that she doesn't even want to be with her mum. The mother's boyfriend is always around and the funny thing is that she calls him brother,even though they are close. Even at night she will wake up and start calling daddy, she will even cry and disturb everyone except I come to carry her to my room. I'm not comfortable with the trend, I love kids but this is going rather too far. I feel she may develop natural fatherly love for me if something is not done ASAP. Please advise

d girl has seen d feature of u being together wit her mom,
best advice is to start saving for her mom's bride price grin

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Enjoy pseudo-fatherhood while it lasts

1 Like

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
She is just a child.

Perhaps her mum's boyfriend does not pay her enough attention like you do. Maybe he comes to see the mum and he pays more attention to the mum while practically ignoring the child.

The child has seen you as someone who is interested in her, possibly you shower her with gifts and perhaps you mindfully play with her. Hence, she naturally thinks you are her daddy. Only daddies most times mindfully play with their kids. Other people do but not with the same attention that a daddy is expected to give.

It could also be that she notices her mum possibly pays more attention to you than the said boyfriend. Perhaps you might not be aware but she might notice her mums demeanor when you are around. Perhaps her mum is happier.

Deductively she believes only her ''daddy'' can make these things happen. To the little girl,''Brother comes to see mummy and focuses all his attention on mummy...snehhhhh! but daddy likes me, plays with me,buys me gifts...I love my daddy". Perhaps she also notices that mummy is happier with ''daddy'' around.

Kids are not as dumb as we take them to be.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Delphi(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
@op; It's neither your fault nor hers. The girl needs a 'father figure' in her life. This is one of the demerits of single-parenthood to the life of a child. Stopping her abruptly may affect her pschologically. You would have initially stopped it a long time earnestly. You need to get married, bear your own child/children so that she will vividly and clearly connote whose daddy you actually are. For now, continue to be buying biscuits.

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by swiitJese(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Believe me, she is seeing things.

She could have dreamt that u were her daddy

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by DrLee(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Maybe you buy stuffs for her and take care of her. That's what daddys do.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Kingsasian(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
KIDpretty:

d girl has seen d feature of u being together wit her mom, best advice is to start saving for her mom's bride price grin
exactly

1 Like

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by okomogo(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:
She is just a child.

Perhaps her mum's boyfriend does not pay her enough attention like you do. Maybe he comes to see the mum and pays more attention to the mum ignoring the child.

The child has seen you as someone who is interested in her, possibly showers her with gifts and mindfully play with her. Hence she naturally thinks you are her daddy.

It could also be that she notices her mum possibly pays more attention to you than the said boyfriend. Perhaps you might not be aware but she might notice her mums demeanor when you are around. Perhaps her mum is happier.

Deductively she believes only her ''daddy'' can make these things happen. ''Brother'' comes to see mummy and focuses on mummy, but ''daddy'' likes her, plays with her, buys her gifts and perhaps she notices that mummy is happier with ''daddy'' around.

Kids are not as dumb as we take them to be.

Thanks very much for your contribution. I naturally like kids that is why I buy her gifts. But I have reduced the way I buy things for her just to make sure she stops but she continued. My main concern is that she literally want to be with me all the time.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by okomogo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
DrLee:
Maybe you buy stuffs for her and take care of her. That's what daddys do.
Yeah I buy her gifts
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by phunbyt(m): 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
Op just...

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by halfricanadian(f): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked op are u sure wen her mum went to sperm bank it wasnt ur sperm she took?

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by ShayGirl(f): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol...
Kids will always behave like kids...She's just fond of u I guess except maybe there's some funny stuff she's seen between u and her mum that u re nt telling us..
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by shizzy7(f): 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
You be her physiological father na
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by refiner(f): 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
op....marry her mother!

she is ur wife!....fank me lera!smiley
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by UIA04(f): 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Awwwwwww

Why don't you tell her mom to stop her. You know, like direct her attention to the boyfriend and call him daddy
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by switosman(m): 12:20am On Mar 19, 2016
OP I have been in your shoes though mine differs widely from yours. I actually paid my little friend attention, bought her things even took and paid for her treatment when she got sick. Then one day I visited her home and her grand mother came to greet me, in that her grand daughter called her to come see her daddy. Well alI these while I normally see her at her single mother's shop and she never called me daddy and the day I appeared at her home I was called daddy.
I asked her mother to explain stuff to her and truly I was very touched, she was indeed missing a father's presence.

On your part, you can actually play father role to her without being involved with her mother. Its even boys that need it most, giving her the attention helps her psychology and who know what threat personality you end up making.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Adonis3: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2016
there are simply two things involved

Either you're her Daddy

Or you gonn end up being her Daddylipsrsealed

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Seylad2009(m): 1:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Pls,be very careful so that your girlfrnd won't be thinking something else.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 19, 2016
spiritual daddy.,or daddy in the Lord.
which are you?
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Blackfire(m): 3:58am On Mar 19, 2016
In every rumour there is an atom of truth.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 19, 2016
HML to you and the kid's mum in advance. Voice of a kid is the voice of the gods.

If na wedding money, we can begin dey contribute now now.

Infact, I donate 2 cartons of origin to the wedding.grin

On a serious note, you are a nice guy and please keep that up.cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by grad2012(f): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2016
Lols she's a kid,hen she grows older she will get over it.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2016
I remember when my kid sis used to call me mummy. I totally assumed the role. Twas such a nice feeling! smiley But now,she's all grown up...

Op,I totally understand how u feel about the attachment the lil girl has towards u. Just chill and with time,everything would be as it should.
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by liftedud(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2016
They say blood is thicker than water. I bliv u understand better. She don see, she don hear and so she dey speak
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I remember when my kid sis used to call me mummy. I totally assumed the role. Twas such a nice feeling! smiley But now,she's all grown up...

Op,I totally understand how u feel about the attachment the lil girl has towards u. Just chill and with time,everything would be as it should.

You're a 1st born
Re: My Neighbors Daughter Calls Me Daddy, I'm Worried (pics) by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Baba baby
I hope her mama is hot sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men In Developed Countries Are Going For Women In Developing Countries. / Guys Do You Feel Comfortable Having Sex With Girls In Their House / Why Do Ladies Find Cheating So Easy Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.