Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today (92530 Views)

Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / How to get Airtel 30GB For N2,500 Valid For 60 Days - I Just Got Mine / Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge Full Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by yemsai(f): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2016
Nawa o..is ok sha
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Give me 70k and I will get one for you.

That's just one of the over hyped features that they use to milk their customers dry. Since the day I started using smartphones till today, none of my phone has ever suffered water damage.

Dude milking or not. Samsung is one for the few companies that pimps their flagships with newest hardwares. S7 series is all 2016 and future tech.

Some Chinese firms could probably do exactly same of what Sammy does and sells at a cheap price but does it profit the company in the long run. Sure not

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:
Dude milking or not. Samsung is one for the few companies that pimps their flagships with newest hardwares. S7 series is all 2016 and future tech.
Have you heard about the apple of China? Their latest smartphone is equipped with the newest hardwares and better software compared to what S7 has.

They cloud lock their phones like apple, flashing it is impossible and useless cause you can't access anything after yet their phones are affordable

ollah1:
Some Chinese firms could probably do exactly same of what Sammy does and sells at a cheap price but does it profit the company in the long run. Sure not
So far they're in business and are attaining global heights by day, they are surely making profit. Enough of it.
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Have you heard about the apple of China? Their latest smartphone is equipped with the newest hardwares and better software compared to what S7 has.

They cloud lock their phones like apple, flashing it is impossible and useless cause you can't access anything after yet their phones are affordable

So far they're in business and are attaining global heights by day, they are surely making profit. Enough of it.

Calm down ur nerves. Xioami and Leeco (formerly LeTV) barely make money from smartphone sales but sales of some virtual things through their phones.

Do u also know they sell most of their phones online and marketing is usually online too?

Do you know they spend less on R & D??

Do you know they have less staff to pay?

Put all these and more into consideration and u think Sammy and the likes been costly isn't kinda justified

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by martineinstein(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Calm down ur nerves. Xioami and Leeco (formerly LeTV) barely make money from smartphone sales but sales of some virtual things through their phones.

Do u also know they sell most of their phones online and marketing is usually online too?

Put all these and more into consideration and u think Sammy and the likes been costly isn't kinda justified

true and well said by Samsung p.r.o in nairaland
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Nah zero budgeting we dey now oga. You don't expect me to leave a good pocket friendly phone for an expensive one with same spec, design and performance level because they pay more staff.

You sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nah zero budgeting we dey now oga. You don't expect me to leave a good pocket friendly phone for an expensive one with same spec, design and performance level because they pay more staff.

You sef

That's you. In life virtually everything has ranks. The upper and lower rank might do the same thing but people would so things according to how they want to.

Companies sell properties likewise individuals. Would you say it's a rip off buying urs through companies?

There are so many of things like this
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by replete(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
donhils:

People know how to talk a great deal about doing good but how many are actually doing them? You're waiting for when you have 235k b4 u can pay somebody's school fees right? The 5k you have today, how many school pupils have you paid their tfare to school from it? How many have you bought pencils for?
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
martineinstein:
true and well said by Samsung p.r.o in nairaland

Lol. Bro it's not about Samsung bro. In my earlier post, j said Samsung and the likes. Even a China firm Huawei sells phones at costly prices. It's a bigger firm than most other smartphone firms in China if not all, why isn't their phone sold cheaply?

Btw, win 10 for mobile seems to be a flop. What could be wrong bro?
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by martineinstein(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Lol. Bro it's not about Samsung bro. In my earlier post, j said Samsung and the likes. Even a China firm Huawei sells phones at costly prices. It's a bigger firm than most other smartphone firms in China if not all, why isn't their phone sold cheaply?

Btw, win 10 for mobile seems to be a flop. What could be wrong bro?
Microsoft is trying to solve app problems first; though, she stopped the Lumia line to give OEMs breathing space....... Seriously focusing on ' breakthrough' surface phone
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by falseman(m): 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
For the critics

Why buy bottle water for N100 when you can get 1bag of pure water at same amount?
Why spent 2k on fastfood when Iya Basira can heap a plate for 400
why buy a Range Rover for 25M when you can get a car of 1.2M both will take you to same destination.
Why fly first class at a higher amount when you can fly economy on the same plane not that you will arrive earlier.

Some people will spend 200k to buy a video game, Some will Spend it on woman, some on drinks, human hair, some on Shoes, wristwatches just name it.

Bottom line
Buy what makes you happy.....yeah buy your happiness even if it's with your last penny.

11 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by falseman(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

You are presented with Iphone 6s , Galaxy s7 edge and your Apple of china you have to pick one as your birthday gift which will you take?

Honesty matters.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
falseman:

You are presented with Iphone 6s , Galaxy s7 edge and your Apple of china you have to pick one as your birthday gift which will you take?

Honesty matters.
I will pick Xiaomi Mi5, the current flagship from the Apple of China and here's why.

1. It is a high end Android phone with same spec ranges with S7 but its MIUI os has top security features like iPhone 6s.

2. It is secure like iPhone(you can agree with me that security and optimization are among the things that attracts people to apple)and you can get so many apps from many app stores and can swap apps with friends because it is android.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by gonzales38: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
It makes lots of sense to buy your phone from SLOT and get FREE SCREEN WARRANTY
Here is how it works
http://www.slot.ng/screen-warranty
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Elxandre(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

In a nutshell, we all have different perceptions, wants, choices, and economical policies.

I was just saying I can't spend N235,000 on something I want. I can only spend it on something I need. And I don't see that phone as something I need. I may want it, but I can't spend N235,000 on a want. I can spend 50% above of my cash asset on what I need. I cannot spend more than 10% of my cash asset on a want. My cash asset is below N2m, so buying a N235,000 phone wld be breaking my financial policy. Why wld I spend N235,000 on a want, when those I love, or those that love me, have standing needs.

All the same, if you have the money, buy what you want.
For God's sake bro, if you can't afford it don't bother lecturing us on financial management and just enjoy the thread.
The OP is not a kid and wouldn't buy it if he couldn't afford it.

You don't even know the net worth of the OP before going off. Maybe a multimillionaire you don't even know!

I always see this kinda comment on every expensive phones thread and it's boring!

4 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by TruthMustBeTold: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
OP..don't let nobody tell u nothing..it's ur life,it's ur money so it's definitely your choice,u own arguably the best smartphone in the world right there,enjoy it to d fullest..my people,i pray God bless everybody so much we wud be able to afford whateva we want without much ado..only then we can see what people are capable of..as for me,i'll wait for d boss..samsung note 6,twud be d perfect replacement for my note 4..note 5,tho' a gr8 phone wasn't it for me..
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by falseman(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
I will pick Xiaomi Mi5, the current flagship from the Apple of China and here's why.

1. It is a high end Android phone with same spec ranges with S7 but its MIUI os has top securities features like iPhone 6s.

2. It is secure like iPhone(you can agree with me that security and optimization are among the things that attracts people to apply)and you can get so many apps from many app stores and can swap apps with friends because it is android.

Bro I won't argue with you but just to let you know this. I have used almost all the present high end phones including Chinese products.
Here are 2 things you should consider when buying a phone.

Durability and resell value.

When you buy a new Iphone for 170k and decide to sell after some months you can get back at least 150k

When you buy that Mi5 for 120k and decide to sell after few months the most you can resell is 60-70k I am telling you from experience .

Now think about firmware update which doesn't easily come on this phones then some are bootlock making it very difficult to root and when you eventually do you you won't have ROMS for it since it it has a different OS running on android.

Does this phones have warranty and shops in Nigeria where you can easily get it fixed or change a part?

The camera is nowhere close to what you will get on Apple or Samsung don't argue this until you make the mistake of buying it.

Despite all that I stick with Gionee M5 because of my utmost need which is battery since I am a heavy user.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
falseman:
Bro I won't argue with you but just to let you know this. I have used almost all the present high end phones including Chinese products.
Same here. Don't forget that I was an article writer long before I ventured into tech blogging.
falseman:
Here are 2 things you should consider when buying a phone.

Durability and resell value.
Durability is ok but resell value is poor.

falseman:
When you buy a new Iphone for 170k and decide to sell after some months you can get back at least 150k
True. Iphone is a unique phone and it is worth every kobo you spend on it. Security is one of its kind, optimization is top notch, my problem is that Samsung is just another pricey android phone. Nothing special.

falseman:
When you buy that Mi5 for 120k and decide to sell after few months the most you can resell is 60-70k I am telling you from experience .
You're right. I sold my mi4 on this forum and the price was a few k below what I wished to sale it.

falseman:
Now think about firmware update which doesn't easily come on this phones
Not xiaomi or Meizu bro. They update their phones, though it may come late sometimes but they update it alright.
falseman:
then some are bootlock making it very difficult to root and when you eventually do you you won't have ROMS for it since it it has a different OS running on android.
Some Chinese phones comes with the option to install other romes. Elephone 4instance has access to at least 5 other romes including MIUI.

Windows 10 can be loaded on Mi4, stock android can also be installed on some of their phones.

I am using Meizu Mx4 Pro and it comes with one button root access. All I need to root is just to accept the terms and conditions by clicking ok.
falseman:
Does this phones have warranty and shops in Nigeria where you can easily get it fixed or change a part?
Warranty or shops are useless to me. I order for parts online and fix them myself

falseman:
The camera is nowhere close to what you will get on Apple or Samsung don't argue this until you make the mistake of buying it.
Not anymore bro. Xiaomi Mi5 has the best selfie camera so far and its main camera is equal if not better than that of Iphone 6s.

falseman:
Despite all that I stick with Gionee M5 because of my utmost need which is battery since I am a heavy user.

Is there anything someone using that 230k S7 can do that your own can't do?
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Elxandre(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Smiling....

Tanx senorita. I'l glad someone finally got my point. It's all about percentage. I was speaking personally, but those jimmies misunderstood me. I can't spend more than 10% on a want. 10% of what I have is what I allot to my wants. 50% to my needs. If my cash asset is 2m, 10% is 200,000, so yea, I can spend 200,000 on my wants. But if I'm on my way to buying my wants and my loved ones tell me they are yet to pay their school fees, I'd be an insensitive person if I went on to stil buy my wants.

My needs come equal to my loved ones' needs. Loved ones' needs, come before my wants. My wants come before my loved ones' wants.
You just ruined this thread the exact way the S6 thread was ruined last year!

For God's sake create a new thread to teach your financial wisdom.

This is Phone's section not financial section.

Many who criticize someone buying expensive gadgets will still exhaust their money on things like Women, Shopping, Parties etc. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Elxandre(m): 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1

That 70K Xiaomi you talked about is still out of reach of many people in Nigeria.
30k Android phones can do most of what you do with it, so why are you wasting your money?

Spending power is relative to your income and net worth.
70k seems affordable to you, but to some it's out of reach.

So let's say a guy is earns far superior income compared to you, he'd certainly see 235k as affordable also.

And of course some people will probably buy a phone of 1million Naira, misplace it and won't even feel sad, because their purse is obese. cheesy

Expensive is relative.

9 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Elxandre:
Tallesty1

That 70K Xiaomi you talked about is still out of reach of many people in Nigeria.
30k Android phones can do most of what you do with it, so why are you wasting your money?

Spending power is relative to your income and net worth.
70k seems affordable to you, but to some it's out of reach.

So let's say a guy is earns far superior income compared to you, he'd certainly see 235k as affordable also.

And of course some people will probably buy a phone of 1million Naira, misplace it and won't even feel sad, because their purse is obese. cheesy

Expensive is relative.
lmao.

You missed my point bro. There's no amount of money that you spend on Apple or Blackphone that I will say is too much cause they're different but Samsung is just another android phone out there.

If you're following my posts on here you will see that I strongly condemned Tecno Phantom 5 because it was overpriced.

The price is just 70k(then) but it is not worth it. You get? So Samsung Galaxy S7 is overpriced, that is why I said that instead of spending on Brands instead of products, I will use half of the money to purchase a phone that is in same league with S7 from a Chinese brand.
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
martineinstein:
Microsoft is trying to solve app problems first; though, she stopped the Lumia line to give OEMs breathing space....... Seriously focusing on ' breakthrough' surface phone

Do u still believe in surface phone. I highly doubt that thing wld debut any time soon
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

1. It is a high end Android phone with same spec ranges with S7 but its MIUI os has top securities features like iPhone 6s.

2. It is secure like iPhone(you can agree with me that security and optimization are among the things that attracts people to apply)and you can get so many apps from many app stores and can swap apps with friends because it is android.

Dude so u consider xiaomi more secured than Samsung? Hmm. Do you know anything about know?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by matrix199(m): 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
It's a waste of time trying to elucidate my point.

...Where is P-square when u need them to come sing 'personally' to these fellas?!.

...Where is 'Barney' when you need him to come say it in a way these fellas wld understand?!
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Dude so u consider xiaomi more secured than Samsung? Hmm. Do you know anything about know?
Judging from their last products that I reviewed.
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
lmao.

You missed my point bro. There's no amount of money that you spend on Apple or Blackphone that I will say is too much cause they're different but Samsung is just another android phone out there.

If you're following my posts on here you will see that I strongly condemned Tecno Phantom 5 because it was overpriced.

The price is just 70k(then) but it is not worth it. You get? So Samsung Galaxy S7 is overpriced, that is why I said that instead of spending on Brands instead of products, I will use half of the money to purchase a phone that is in same league with S7 from a Chinese brand.

Is iPhone 6s series overpriced??
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Judging from their last products that I reviewed.

Then u automatically considered it more secured than Samsung?? Or u consider Samsung of yesteryear as the one u currently see? Do u know anything about samsung knox?

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Tallesty1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Then u automatically considered it more secured than Samsung?? Or u consider Samsung of yesteryear as the one u currently see? Do u know anything about samsung knox?
Yep! A security feature that Samsung introduced on their high end devices in 2013 that's aimed to provide BlackBerry-like capabilities to sammy mobiles.
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by ewizard1: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by chumakk: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Say no to illiteracy.

Poverty is when u can't afford anything. Prudence is when you choose to buy a cheaper thing over an exorbitant thing. Maturity with compassion, is when you choose to use the money to solve another person's problem.

I've said no to poverty way before you were born. I can afford to send you to college.
minding your business when you know the money is not your money and owner can decide to buy anything he or she chooses to buy with it. Pls I will be happy to get the fund to further my education. I want to go to Harvard.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by Daniel2802(m): 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
jmichlins:
guy can you help someone with either of the phones your using now some people like me will gladly collect
Jim how are you doing? How is your leg? Its Daniel from TSR.
Re: Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today by martineinstein(m): 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
ollah1:

Do u still believe in surface phone. I highly doubt that thing wld debut any time soon
Microsoft have indirectly confirmed it.... Mary Jo Foley and Daniel Rubino, who are top windows bloggers and Closest bloggers of Microsoft inc have confirmed it also...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.