Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Your mother or your wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your mother or your wife? (3161 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your mother or your wife? by SeanT21(f): 3:47am On Jul 24, 2009
I think a man should save his mother. Your wife can leave U for another but your mother will always be your mother.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by sley4life(m): 4:56am On Jul 24, 2009
I love both & its difficult to choose, But i'll go for my wife if she is faithful to me
Re: Your mother or your wife? by toytuns(f): 5:20am On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You have a good point, but i think till we get rid of so many ideologies, and sayings, many marriages are doomed be4 they even started.
Cos men will always go, woman will always go and na padi go remain, that is not enuf to to give the woman/man enuf chances to see how it will work out, once a man or a woman enter into a relationship with plan B, plan A will surely fail, mind you, i am talking to myself too when i say this.
i think it is time we all have the mind that marriage is to work out and till do all possible.
I love my mother and i wanna love my wife if not more than my mother.
My mother has done her own job on me and i will forever appreciate all she has done, but it is my wife's turn and it is important for me to love her, cherish her and celebrate her till death do us path, or till she is tired of me grin
are u 4 real or your wife is on Naira land. cheesy cheesy
if 4 real then hugs and kisses kiss kiss
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Outstrip(f): 6:02am On Jul 24, 2009
samparian:

i get your point. No woman will want her sons to choose their wives over her grin

That is a bad mother. A mother should expect her son to take his wife over her any day. That is why I love my sister's mother in law. That woman made it clear to her son from the jump. Your wife and children first and the rest of us are secondary. They are Sierra leonians though. I don't know about Nigerian mother in laws though it seems from Samparians post that they do not enjoy their children cherishing their wives "above all else"
Re: Your mother or your wife? by mccloud224(m): 6:23am On Jul 24, 2009
Funny topic and obviously directed at the men.Let us turn the tables.

@WOMEN

What would you do if there was were two parachutes and you had to choose between your husband or your 15 year old son?

This one no hard.The answer obvious.She go jump with her son leave the ignoramus to die for yonder.After all, man never finish, lol
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2009
some people are walking bundles of hurting.

mccloud224 do you need a hug emoticon.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2009
toytuns:

are u 4 real or your wife is on Naira land. cheesy cheesy
if 4 real then hugs and kisses kiss kiss

hahahahaha, my wife on NL? not at all, have no woman on NL.
I am just being real and saying it as i see it.
It is true that there are so many woman out there, but none can replace that special one in a man's heart.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
Re: Your mother or your wife? by toytuns(f): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahaha, my wife on NL? not at all, have no woman on NL.
I am just being real and saying it as i see it.
It is true that there are so many woman out there, but none can replace that special one in a man's heart.

Well, That's a good thing to hear from a man. I guess u're not married yet. IF still lookin , I pray God sends u a very lovely woman. that will appreciate u.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by toytuns(f): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2009
chaircover:

Femi is for real O!

A sound young man I say.

I pray that when the time comes he will get married to a very good woman.

I pray that too. Lets hope that view doesn't change after marriage. undecided
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2009
So many amen to all
Re: Your mother or your wife? by LadyDee1(f): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2009
Hmm, i asked my boyfriend a similar question but I replaced mother with , if it were me and his sister who would he save,

His answer was he would allow me and my sister take the parachute and sacrifice himself, cry cry shocked
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2009
Lady Dee:

Hmm, i asked my boyfriend a similar question but I replaced mother with , if it were me and his sister who would he save,
His answer was he would allow me and my sister take the parachute and sacrifice himself,  cry cry shocked

not everybody has a great relationship with their sisters but beware that if the sister was not present then he could have said the exact opposite to her(parachute for him and her).
we all know how women comes innto a person's life and want to be the center of it and we also do know how women become sensitive with this kind of subject so i dont think there is any man who will tell their spouse/gf the real truth. saying to your wife that you would save your mother could jeopardize your life at home.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
Lady Dee:

His answer was he would allow me and my sister take the parachute and sacrifice himself, cry cry shocked

make sure you check well oh, cos most men will doe for their mother and not the sister, and not replace the mother with the sister in the question.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by mamagee6(f): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2009
SeanT21:

I think a man should save his mother. Your wife can leave U for another but your mother will always be your mother.

I agree with you.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
,mama-gee:

I agree with you.

Dont agree too fast.
Some mother slaughter their kids on the alter of selfishness.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by cooljade(f): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ Fhemmmy, from your first post here, lol, by the time you finish thinking, both wife and mother will be dead, HAHAHA SLOW COACH. I feel sorry for the woman to marry you cos you are never a man to feel and be as ONE with your wife. Go ahead and chose mother, by the time you get home, YOU'LL FACE THE WRATH OF YOUR CHILDREN. OLD PAPA YOUNGY,
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2009
cooljade:

@ Fhemmmy, from your first post here, lol, by the time you finish thinking, both wife and mother will be dead, HAHAHA SLOW COACH. I feel sorry for the woman to marry you cos you are never a man to feel and be as ONE with your wife. Go ahead and chose mother, by the time you get home, YOU'LL FACE THE WRATH OF YOUR CHILDREN. OLD PAPA YOUNGY,

Hahahahahah.
It is never an easy thing to decide on, and that is why there is need to be careful.
i will love to chose my wife, infact, i am sure my mother will rather have me chose my wife, cos my mother has lived a good life.
But will still try to save both sha
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Theblessed(f): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
sley4life:

I love both & its difficult to choose,  But i'll go for my wife if she is faithful to me

Good man, save your mum first and only save her if she's faithful.lol!!!! 

People, there you have it confirmed for you all.  I have been saying this for long now - that 'Marriage Love' is a CONDITIONAL kind of love when compared with the deep love (i.e. thick and thin) family have for you.  You see, most men would save their wives only if, they are faithful to them and that's the CONDITION.  As for women, could we save our husbands?  Yes, but only 'IF' he is faithful too.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Sissy3(f): 4:08am On Aug 12, 2009
gosh hard one! ultimately it will be ma mom, i got only one of her.

but i guess it kind of also depends on the type of relationship the person have with each woman, i mean for some if their mother/wife is this Jezebel incarnate with no repentance in sight it will influence their choice.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by eedu247: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
pls i will like to know how you use to post on the home page on this site ? thanks
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Pastorcare: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
Definitely, I will save both. The parachutes should belong to the two most important people in my life. They can go into a crying competition later, that is if I die with the crashed airline. as for me, I will only be grinning from ear to ear in heaven. If you require further counsel on how to prepare for your final minutes before the crash, please, visit www.Marriagecity..com or write to marriagecity@gmail.com
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Optimusprime(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
Lol
Re: Your mother or your wife? by axeman85(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Difficult question.

i will use both parachute myself. grin
Re: Your mother or your wife? by coolier(f): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2010
If I was a man, I would definitely save my wife, she's my better half. Wouldn't want to bring up my children all by myself and them to be motherless at an early age. I would give my mother a befitting burial.
Re: Your mother or your wife? by otukpo(f): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
very interesting comments here.
Now, no one seems to be prosecuting the men for picking their moms over their wives.
It seems both men and women here agree that a man shld save the mom first,
"there can only be one mom, u can always replace a wife" "blood is thicker than water"
Blah blah blaah mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhh

Go back to the topic that reversed that question.
"Husband or kids, who comes first" and see how both men and women murdered themslves
for the mere fact that some women said they will save their kids.

Injustice in NL against women and also aided by women.

Pssssffffffffffffffff
Re: Your mother or your wife? by Sron: 12:22am On May 27, 2011
This is a great test question, and one that pre-marital counselors ask: spouse or kid, spouse or parent.

Essentially, when you are mature and committed enough to get married, that means your loyalty should be to your spouse. You are not to have your spouse compete with your mother or father, and your parents should not want to intrude so much on your adult life.

In some cultures, however, they condition their children to always have Mommy and Daddy be priority number one and/or create a life of co-dependency. But this is the same culture that conducts honor killings upon their daughters and thinks very little of women.

And to anyone saying "just remarry", please say that to your significant other asap b/c with those values and attitude you are most definitely destined for divorce!

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Meet The Man Michelle Obama Could Have Gotten Married To. Must Read! / Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.