Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? (4422 Views)

help me identify the breed of this dog / Everyone Thought This Dog Was Grieving For Her Owner Until They Noticed This / Who Knows The Breed Of This Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Ekiseme(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Ekiseme.

I mean One and a Half Million DOLLARS.

Thank you.

alright, but i don't believe you sha
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by dacovajnr: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ekiseme:
1.5m dollars? Or you mean 1.5m naira?
I'm sure he meant to say 1.5m naira
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by dacovajnr: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ekiseme:
guy make una chill out abeg,the breed only made a record sale of $2m,the dog is not that expensive.
Well the one sold for $2m was actually the red Rare Tibetan Mastiff..eve though the Tibetan Mastiff breed itself is hard to come by undecided
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ekiseme:
alright, but i don't believe you sha

You do not have to believe me. Even I did not believe it until I saw it.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by doingood: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Ekiseme:
guy make una chill out abeg,the breed only made a record sale of $2m,the dog is not that expensive.
Won't the dog die? 1.5m dollar. Plz someone do the conversion and wake me up
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Ekiseme(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2016
doingood:

Won't the dog die? 1.5m dollar. Plz someone do the conversion and wake me up
i no believe the guy jare, he said the man bought it last year, so,let's assume the exchange rate then was #200,that's like #300m....can you imagine this story
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Stancrus(m): 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
bigt2:
Can this red Chinese Tibetan Mastiff be gotten in Nigeria?
I looove this breed. Walai talai.
Can it be imported if unavailable?
How much is in view for a female and male?
Please help.
it's available in Nigerian I have a friend who breeds them in jos he imported from China I can link you with him if u are really serious it's expensive but it's not up to the Prize people are calling here

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 12:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Stancrus:
it's available in Nigerian I have a friend who breeds them in jos he imported from China I can link you with him if u are really serious it's expensive but it's not up to the Prize people are calling here

Hello Mr Stancrus.

You always seem to know the price of everything and yet nothing more.

Those are not Tibetan Mastiffs in the image you posted. I do not know what those things are. Only you and your friend who breeds them know.

And for goodness sake stop saying "prize" everywhere all over nairaland. It is "price"..... P-R-I-C-E.

Thank you.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Stancrus(m): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Mr Stancrus.

You always seem to know the price of everything and yet nothing more.

Those are not Tibetan Mastiffs in the image you posted. I do not know what those things are. Only you and your friend who breeds them know.

And for goodness sake stop saying "prize" everywhere all over nairaland. It is "price"..... P-R-I-C-E.

Thank you.

believe me when I tell u you don't knw anything about tibetan mastiff people who knows the breed well knows those pictures are tibetan mastiff Google is ur friend stop saying things ur not sure of thankyou
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by bigt2(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stancrus:
I'll let you know.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stancrus:
believe me when I tell u you don't knw anything about tibetan mastiff people who knows the breed well knows those pictures are tibetan mastiff Google is ur friend stop saying things ur not sure of thankyou

It is funny that you would say that. Do YOU even know that Google is your friend? I think not.

Either way, it makes no matter to me. Have fun with your "tibetan mastiff".
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by dorcky: 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Chow chow is not an expensive dog when in puppy ... Just with 150k-250 as an imported ones ... I have dealt with some people on here and within my network as well ... And a Tibetan mastiff is always based on the quality you want but some are not up to 3m but with a million plus I guess... So if you need any holla at your boi: 07037902325
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by miremoses(m): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stancrus:
I might not no d breed u posted..but that's not a tibetan mastiff..

1 Like

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Endy10(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2016
Stancrus:
Baba accept the correction, that is not a Tibetan mastiff. Does the pix you uploaded look even remotely similar to the pix of the OP? People go just dey claim say them know everything. Baba calm down, bring your pride down and learn. Good day

1 Like

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by ireneony(f): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
sidneyj:
what name will u call this dog
Betty cheesy
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Eveezy(m): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
y wuld anyone doubt d dog DT stancrus posted? cmon dose are Tibetan mastifs, it jst wasn't snapped d way d ones snapped in China are, abeg mk una chill ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Stancrus(m): 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
those claiming they know everything ok point out the difference between those pictures

the first pix are puppies from the littters here in Nigerian of the adults I posted first

second and third pix are normal Google pix you see online

I don't say what am not sure of because a puppy doesn't have Gold colour completely doesnt mean is not a tibetan mastiff tibetan Mastiffs normally appear in two different colours either total Golden or Golden black i.e black and Gold or might even be golden red

Don't criticised or start and argument you are not sure of when you doubt any information or think it's wrong state clear facts and probably some vital points why you think it shouldn't be so thank you

1 Share

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by BomboyOnline: 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
The Tibetan Mastiff loves a COLD climate.

The Tibetan Mastiff does not typically do well in extremely hot and humid conditions. This does not mean that he cannot live in warmer climates but it does mean that he should be provided access to air-conditioned facilities during the summer.

The Tibetan Mastiff requires a FENCED YARD.

This is a guardian breed and it is neither wise nor responsible to allow a guardian breed to be loose on your property, be it a surrounding open yard or acreage. Not only do these dogs have a strong tendency to roam but they are also very protective of their home, yard and family. No breeder wants to get the call that a puppy that s/he has bred has been hit by a car, is lost, has been attacked by a wild animal or stray dog, or has bitten a stranger or UPS driver.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
It is really amazing how certain people always seem to be in a hurry to shoot themselves in the foot, all in the name of proving a point.

They really need to study their own evidence before putting them out for everyone to see.

Or better yet they need to give it a rest. Nobody cares.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Uzorvick(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yaw or. Dog 7 @9ja bet ;DYaw or. Dog 7 @9ja bet
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Uzorvick(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
sidneyj:
what name will u call this dog
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Toheeb31(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Ekiseme.

I mean One and a Half Million DOLLARS.

Thank you.

bros got a tibetan freind dat his uncle sells tibetan mastiff though it expensive its not even close to 20,000usd... mind u i dey china
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Eveezy(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
people are just exaggerating d price of did dog for ntin, yes one adult dog was sold for 1million US dollar in an auction in China, shortly after a Neapolitan mastif was sold for 2million Us dollar, BT I guess nobody noticed dt. no doubt Tibetan mastif are expensive, BT dey are not DT expensive, u guys DT are interested in d dog shuld nt be scared, u will eventually get cheated by agents who will tell u DT dey know a frnd who knows a frnd DT has pups for sale. d price it was sold for 1 million dollar is cos of its exceptional quality of DT particular dog nd it was an auction, so many people bid for d dog nd d highest got it. u culd see a Tibetan mastif for 500,000 naira here in 9ja nd I mean it a very gud one. it's nt as expensive as people exaggerate. nd plzzz DT person DT told us DT his frnd bought one for 1.5million us dollar, I avent seen d record of a Nigerian buying at DT price yet cos it wuld ve gone viral

1 Like

Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
It is a pity. So much explanation and vituperation, all for nothing. Some people certainly have a lot to say and for vindictive reasons best known to them.

I never said I had a friend who owns or sells tibetan mastiff pups. I said and I quote,

"FYI, I know someone in Lagos who owns a tibetan mastiff. Bought a pup for $1.5m last year but would not pay N150k for a boerboel pup".

And

"That dog is the most expensive breed in the world to acquire".

And

"You do not have to believe me. Even I did not believe it until I saw it".

Please read and understand what was said and stop trying to put words into other people's mouth.

Even though it is none of your business, let me inform you. The chap is not my friend and never was. Was just some random guy I met sometime last year trying to buy a boerboel pup from a breeder friend of mine. He told us he bought the dog and how much he did. Like any sane person, I doubted him and then he proceeded to show us videos on his phone of him, his wife and kids playing with the dog in their home and some emails correspondence acknowledging some final payments. For all you know I was really uncomfortable with the guy because he seemed too young for all the "bling" he was displaying. He could have been a yahoo boy for all I cared and I wanted nothing to do with him. And that was the first and last time I ever saw him.

To the guy "in China with the bros with the tibetan friend with the uncle with the market"......pretty soon someone would ask you for proof of your location, never mind the entire family tree you have listed.

And to the banker cum internet savvy individual talking about things going viral and huge sum transactions he has seen and not seen; there are ways of making huge payments inconspicuously and there are people who do not make their dealings public irrespective of how awesome, fantastic, absurd or outrageous it is.

I believe I rested my case on the matter a long time ago. I believe I bid you all have fun with your "tibetan mastiffs". I believe I said it makes no matter to me either way. I really do not care about any of it. Nobody does. So please give it a rest. I have moved on. You should too.

Thank you.
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by ib87(f): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hairy!!! tongue
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by Eveezy(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
LordRegalia:
It is a pity. So much explanation and vituperation, all for nothing. Some people certainly have a lot to say and for vindictive reasons best known to them.

I never said I had a friend who owns or sells tibetan mastiff pups. I said and I quote,

"FYI, I know someone in Lagos who owns a tibetan mastiff. Bought a pup for $1.5m last year but would not pay N150k for a boerboel pup".

And

"That dog is the most expensive breed in the world to acquire".

And

"You do not have to believe me. Even I did not believe it until I saw it".

Please read and understand what was said and stop trying to put words into other people's mouth.

Even though it is none of your business, let me inform you. The chap is not my friend and never was. Was just some random guy I met sometime last year trying to buy a boerboel pup from a breeder friend of mine. He told us he bought the dog and how much he did. Like any sane person, I doubted him and then he proceeded to show us videos on his phone of him, his wife and kids playing with the dog in their home and some emails correspondence acknowledging some final payments. For all you know I was really uncomfortable with the guy because he seemed too young for all the "bling" he was displaying. He could have been a yahoo boy for all I cared and I wanted nothing to do with him. And that was the first and last time I ever saw him.

To the guy "in China with the bros with the tibetan friend with the uncle with the market"......pretty soon someone would ask you for proof of your location, never mind the entire family tree you have listed.

And to the banker cum internet savvy individual talking about things going viral and huge sum transactions he has seen and not seen; there are ways of making huge payments inconspicuously and there are people who do not make their dealings public irrespective of how awesome, fantastic, absurd or outrageous it is.

I believe I rested my case on the matter a long time ago. I believe I bid you all have fun with your "tibetan mastiffs". I believe I said it makes no matter to me either way. I really do not care about any of it. Nobody does. So please give it a rest. I have moved on. You should too.

Thank you.
Sighs!! bro, no be fight. I always like to be d neutral party in every argument, my only argument is DT d dog DT stancrus posted are Tibetan mastifs, nd DAT u dnt necessary need a million dollars to purchase one. U ve very gud pedigree boerboel nd u dnt sell dem cheap do u? but then there are still boerboels DT are gud BT still go at a cheaper price. dogs av quality too nd u shuld know DT. a Tibetan mastif was said to be d most expensive dog after being sold for 1 million Us dollar nd it was a bid nd was also recorded in d world record, so if a Nigerian did beat DT, it oaught to ve been shown even if its wit names withheld.
u say it doesn't matter to u, BT I ve realized DT u actually enjoy proving ur points nd I admire DT infact I love it. no quarrels or anitin, I read ur comment nd saw dis " banker cum internet savvy individual" was DT really necessary? U jst dnt like being challenged, I read thru d thread nd saw Tibetan for 1.5$ didn't know who or d link it was goten frm, BT I avent heard of DT yet so shuldnt I speak of wat I know?
Bro no beefs, I dnt like d way u taking it
Re: What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? by LordRegalia: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
Eveezy:

Sighs!! bro, no be fight. I always like to be d neutral party in every argument, my only argument is DT d dog DT stancrus posted are Tibetan mastifs, nd DAT u dnt necessary need a million dollars to purchase one. U ve very gud pedigree boerboel nd u dnt sell dem cheap do u? but then there are still boerboels DT are gud BT still go at a cheaper price. dogs av quality too nd u shuld know DT. a Tibetan mastif was said to be d most expensive dog after being sold for 1 million Us dollar nd it was a bid nd was also recorded in d world record, so if a Nigerian did beat DT, it oaught to ve been shown even if its wit names withheld.
u say it doesn't matter to u, BT I ve realized DT u actually enjoy proving ur points nd I admire DT infact I love it. no quarrels or anitin, I read ur comment nd saw dis " banker cum internet savvy individual" was DT really necessary? U jst dnt like being challenged, I read thru d thread nd saw Tibetan for 1.5$ didn't know who or d link it was goten frm, BT I avent heard of DT yet so shuldnt I speak of wat I know?
Bro no beefs, I dnt like d way u taking it

Hello Eveezy.

Thank you for taking the time to express how you feel. I respect that.

I am not taking it as a fight either. But recall your comments about people exaggerating and especially "nd plzzz DT person DT told us DT his frnd bought one for 1.5million us dollar....", from where I sit, those pretty much look like subtle indirect jabs at me. You have also stated that you did not know who or the link that stuff was gotten from, but in a situation like that, I would try to find out a little more about who and of the subject matter before commenting. That way I avoid making comments that could be misconstrued as offensive or out of context.

At the the beginning of the thread, quite like you would, I commented on what I knew, and I kept my comments very short, direct and clear and left it at that. But it seemed people were out to prove me wrong at all costs, when I was not even open to arguments in the first place. Some going so far as to misquote me. I do not think anyone would appreciate that. Or would you?

I believe nobody likes to be challenged. But for me, it goes beyond that, it is more of the approach. If a person comes at me or presents his case in a way that appears to be less than friendly, I would respond much the same way, maybe even worse. But if a person approaches me in a civil manner, even if what he says is really foolish by any standard, I would still be favourably disposed to him in my response. Respect is reciprocal. For me, one has to approach in the same manner with which he / she wishes to be responded to.

Lastly, an auction is a public event and so outcomes of such an event would be made public. But that does not mean that people do not make more expensive purchases privately. It depends on the individual. It is very possible for a very private person to quietly buy that same million dollar auctioned tibetan mastiff from the owner the very next day at twice that price and the rest of the world would be none the wiser.

I apologize if my comments came off as too strong or harsh. There is no quarrel or fight. So we are good? Handshake?

(1) (2) (Reply)

l found my missing Female American Bull Dog In Trans Amadi Rd. PH. / 7 Month Old Male Boerboel For Sale / Quality GSD Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.